ImageImageImageImageImage

With Carmelo are we a playoff team?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Re: With Carmelo are we a playoff team? 

Post#101 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:19 pm

NYKnicks6 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Fury wrote:I think we can sneak in. Which is why we need to trade him

i don't. but we just miss it. 37 wins type thing.

even without him, our pups are going to play hard. i don't think they lose as much as people think.

If we win 37 games, make the 7-10th seed while playing without vets, that means we may actually have some young prospects we can truly build with. I would be less upset at not getting a top 5 pick. If we are getting those seeds with Melo and Lee then our plan not a solid plan at all. I was not really in favor of the Timmy signing but it is what it is. However signing guys like Beasley to me was a confusing.

ding ding ding.

you can't on one hand be mad that you don't get a top 5 pick because your pups balled out. it means you have a legit core.

meanwhile, if your awesome pups only muster 25 wins... you shouldn't be so excited about what that gets you. maybe you draft a great player, but he's coming to a team that clearly ain't schidt. catch 22 when you suck.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
NYKnicks6
Senior
And1: 399

Post#102 » by NYKnicks6 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:27 pm

I'm hoping once Anthony gets traded, we also unload Lance, Lee, KOQ , and Kuz. Signing Beasley was really a bad move imo. Has the ability to help us win an extra 2-5 games with his offense, give a worse pick, and then bolt to a tesm who offers him an additional 100k...
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,483

Post#103 » by CharlesOakley » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:35 pm

Melo is going to continue to decline this year. He already looked pretty mundane last season and if they keep him chasing wings on the perimeter he will won't be an impact player. Outside of Melo, our roster has improved since last year. KP and Willy are a year older and have been putting in work. We got rid of Rose. We added Timmy, Sessions and Beasley and didn't lose any significant players. I think we should be better than last year. Other factors:

1 - Does Noah give us anything?
2 - Can Frank meaningfully contribute during year 1?
3 - Can we significantly improve the defense?
4 - How big of a step do Willy and KP take?
5 - Can our main players stay healthy?
6 - Is Hornacek they guy who coached Phoenix or the guy who coached us last season?

The major problem we have right now is at the point guard position. Neither Sessions or Baker are starters and I doubt Frank can give us major minutes a night as a young rookie playing the hardest position in the NBA.
sushibear
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,984

Post#104 » by sushibear » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:37 pm

Delusional :crazy:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#105 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:09 pm

sushibear wrote:Delusional :crazy:

Try this on for size.

If Houston can't get Melo...does CP3 opt out? Can we clear Cap? Would he consider NYK?

Lee/KOQ/MFLFT would have to go. That's 25mil or so.

Melo could opt out and Lebron too...NY would be lit! They agree to take equal loot(Hardaway money :lol:) to play here.

CP3/Frank/Baker
THJr/Dotson
Melo/Kuz
LeBron
KP/Billy/Noah

All our picks going forward. Who says no?
:beer: RIP mags
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#106 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:19 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Try this on for size.

If Houston can't get Melo...does CP3 opt out? Can we clear Cap? Would he consider NYK?

Melo could opt out and Lebron too...NY would be lit! They agree to take equal loot(Hardaway money :lol:) to play here.

CP3/Frank/Baker
THJr/Dotson
Melo/Kuz
LeBron
KP/Billy/Noah

You been smoking something again? Nice fantasy!

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#107 » by reub » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:22 pm

With Carmelo we're a stand around and watch team.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#108 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:28 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Try this on for size.

CP3/Frank/Baker
THJr/Wade/Dotson
Melo/Kuz
LeBron
KP/Billy/Noah

As I pack this bowl i even spiced it up...Wade for the mini...or the room exception!

Oh...Bosh comes out of retirement for the mini. Everyone wants in!

That team is in the finals.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#109 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:46 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Try this on for size.

CP3/Frank/Baker
THJr/Wade/Dotson
Melo/Kuz
LeBron
KP/Billy/Noah

As I pack this bowl i even spiced it up...Wade for the mini...or the room exception!

It would be hard to wake up from that dream!

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#110 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:58 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Try this on for size.

CP3/Frank/Baker
THJr/Wade/Dotson
Melo/Kuz
LeBron
KP/Billy/Noah

Gorilla Glue!
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#111 » by Sark » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:02 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Try this on for size.

CP3/Frank/Baker
THJr/Wade/Dotson
Melo/Kuz
LeBron
KP/Billy/Noah

You think we could convince Kobe out of retirement as well?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#112 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:23 pm

Sark wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
BKlutch wrote:You been smoking something again? Nice fantasy!

AND Duncan!
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#113 » by BKlutch » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:54 pm

Sark wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
BKlutch wrote:You been smoking something again? Nice fantasy!

We've had worse signings before. But doubt he would play with our team. He worries that Melo would be a ball hog. :rofl:

FKF
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#114 » by FKF » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:16 am

The Knicks are not getting CP3 next offseason, and the Rockets are not getting Carmelo.
It doesn't even make any sense for them to acquire him. Skip Bayless said it best once on his show, the Rockets would be stupid to run wth three heavy ball users like Harden, CP3 and Melo. I can believe though they are trying but Ryan Anderson ? :lol:

The Knicks on their side are not trading Melo for this, there is no right deal there.

Y'all kind folks need to wtfu and realize what this franchise is.

They fired Phil Jackson and attempted to spin the firing as if it was not the result of a Melo vs Phil civil war (and a loss of power by ownership).
They acted like they wanted both gone, just like they spin everything that happens between their walls, and they have now fans acting like if Melo is gone.
But there is just no scenario where you can get rid of Carmelo Anthony this summer, other than a Josh Smith like buy-out, and this thread acknowledging this is the start of another Carmelo Anthony led **** season.

Phil knew it, after attempting to trade for months, and when he came with the buy-out suggestion, was fired since Dolan has absolutely no willingness to get rid of Carmelo Anthony with no guaranteed business in return, whether by trade, or buy-out. If Melo goes, Dolan needs another poster boy to show case, and that ain't Ryan Anderson, or Frank Ntilikina, or Tim Hardaway Jr, or even Kristaps Porzingis.

No wonder why they're desperate to get Kyrie Irving now.

This franchise has absolutely no intention of winning anything in the NBA since they have proved times and times again their business can be successful losing games with fans delusionnally hoping for play-offs each and each season thanks to a "weak East" and despite the most dysfunctional leadership you can find in the NBA.

Carmelo Anthony has been alienating with coaches, teammates and now management throughout his run with the Knicks. But he remains the perfect poster boy for a franchise in seek of ticket sales, heavy grossing at the Arena, and on television. Again this year, they will get a meaningless Xmas game against the Sixers.

This ownership has been failing to realize that the Knicks would make even better business with a winning program where a collection of stars want to go, rather than a losing one that includes just one local superstar.

It's a damn shame that this organization would pay Donnie Walsh whatever they paid, and Phil Jackson $60m, but not allow them to run the franchise like they needed to, by holding players accountable, getting them to grow as human beings and building a system.

We have had Marbury, we still have Melo, until we get Kyrie Irving next and run the organization the same damn way.
Knowing how this franchise was Elite in the 70s, 80s and 90s, and a top of the NBA, this is too hard to watch for me, to watch this franchise die in such dramatic fashion, with a clueless audience happy to pay and watch, and the likes of Boston Celtics, Cleveland Cavaliers and Miami Heat ruling the East every other year.
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.
Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#115 » by Amsterdam » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:48 am

FKF wrote:The Knicks are not getting CP3 next offseason, and the Rockets are not getting Carmelo.
It doesn't even make any sense for them to acquire him. Skip Bayless said it best once on his show, the Rockets would be stupid to run wth three heavy ball users like Harden, CP3 and Melo. I can believe though they are trying but Ryan Anderson ? :lol:

The Knicks on their side are not trading Melo for this, there is no right deal there.

They fired Phil Jackson and attempted to spin the firing as if it was not the result of a Melo vs Phil civil war (and a loss of power by ownership).
They acted like they wanted both gone, just like they spin everything that happens between their walls, and they have now fans acting like if Melo is gone.
But there is just no scenario where you can get rid of Carmelo Anthony this summer, other than a Josh Smith like buy-out, and this thread acknowledging this is the start of another Carmelo Anthony led **** season.

Phil knew it, after attempting to trade for months, and when he came with the buy-out suggestion, was fired since Dolan has absolutely no willingness to get rid of Carmelo Anthony with no guaranteed business in return, whether by trade, or buy-out. If Melo goes, Dolan needs another poster boy to show case, and that ain't Ryan Anderson, or Frank Ntilikina, or Tim Hardaway Jr, or even Kristaps Porzingis.

This franchise has absolutely no intention of winning anything in the NBA since they have proved times and times again their business can be successful losing games with fans delusionnally hoping for play-offs each and each season thanks to a "weak East" and despite the most dysfunctional leadership you can find in the NBA.

Carmelo Anthony has been alienating with coaches, teammates and now management throughout his run with the Knicks. But he remains the perfect poster boy for a franchise in seek of ticket sales, heavy grossing at the Arena, and on television. Again this year, they will get a meaningless Xmas game against the Sixers.

This ownership has been failing to realize that the Knicks would make even better business with a winning program where a collection of stars want to go, rather than a losing one that includes just one local superstar.

It's a damn shame that this organization would pay Donnie Walsh whatever they paid, and Phil Jackson $60m, but not allow them to run the franchise like they needed to, by holding players accountable, getting them to grow as human beings and building a system.

We have had Marbury, we still have Melo, until we get Kyrie Irving next and run the organization the same damn way.
Knowing how this franchise was Elite in the 70s, 80s and 90s, and a top of the NBA, this is too hard to watch for me, to watch this franchise die in such dramatic fashion, with a clueless audience happy to pay and watch, and the likes of Boston Celtics, Cleveland Cavaliers and Miami Heat ruling the East every other year.

Dude you sure love to type.... :wink:

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#116 » by GONYK » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:50 pm

FKF wrote:The Knicks are not getting CP3 next offseason, and the Rockets are not getting Carmelo.

What evidence do you have of this "desperation"?

The fact that we haven't heard anything about this in 2 weeks?
FKF
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#117 » by FKF » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:42 am

GONYK wrote:

We haven't heard anything since because of the damn NTC, since Melo stated he wouldn't be interested to join the Cavs if Irving was leaving.

Knicks would do it in a nanosecond. Per Woj, they quickly jumped on this public Kyrie drama with an offer to Cleveland late July.
They could run with Kyrie the face of the franchise for the next 5-6 years, and do business, sell tickets, on both primary and sky high secondary markets, regardless of the wins and losses, the same way they did with Marbury and Melo.

Mills is so delusional for thinking the Cavs would agree to trade Kyrie for Melo while they wouldn't even send Kevin Love. :lol:

The only way Melo gets to Cleveland, is if the Cavs finally agree to send us Love, which they haven't figured out of doing, or if the Knicks send Melo AND Porzingis for Kyrie AND Love, which they haven't figured out of doing themselves, since they treat KP as untouchable.

Dare I say this is a deal Phil would have been happy to discuss, but our new mgmt wouldn't.
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#118 » by GONYK » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:06 pm

FKF wrote:
GONYK wrote:

We haven't heard anything since because of the damn NTC, since Melo stated he wouldn't be interested to join the Cavs if Irving was leaving.

Knicks would do it in a nanosecond. Per Woj, they quickly jumped on this public Kyrie drama with an offer to Cleveland late July.
They could run with Kyrie the face of the franchise for the next 5-6 years, and do business, sell tickets, on both primary and sky high secondary markets, regardless of the wins and losses, the same way they did with Marbury and Melo.

Mills is so delusional for thinking the Cavs would agree to trade Kyrie for Melo while they wouldn't even send Kevin Love. :lol:

The only way Melo gets to Cleveland, is if the Cavs finally agree to send us Love, which they haven't figured out of doing, or if the Knicks send Melo AND Porzingis for Kyrie AND Love, which they haven't figured out of doing themselves, since they treat KP as untouchable.

Dare I say this is a deal Phil would have been happy to discuss, but our new mgmt wouldn't.

So that would signal an improvement in management, no?
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,371

Post#119 » by god shammgod » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:17 pm

berman did print the other day that the knicks are still after kyrie in some melo article
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#120 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:38 pm

god shammgod wrote:berman did print the other day that the knicks are still after kyrie in some melo article

When reporters die, will St. Peter take into account how hard they tried to tell the truth before deciding whether they go to heaven or hell? Berman ought to think of this before he prints all kinds of shyt that may or may not be true.

Return to New York Knicks