ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Game of Thrones

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Re: OT: Game of Thrones 

Post#521 » by Ignitowsky » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:45 am

Butch718 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Darth Celtic wrote:
A right handed man throwing a spear left handed, or a 1 handed man shooting a bow and arrow. Riiiiiiight.

He's a legend you know...

With a sword. Jaime was considered one of the greatests swordsmen in all of Westeros.

It's not exactly easy lunging a spear when you're trying to stay balanced on a horse steering with a golden hand. He can't exactly shoot a bow and arrow either.
He's also totally useless with his left hand. At his best he's a mediocre Swordsman and my guess is he couldn't hit the broadside of a dragon with a spear. He was a legend when he had a good right hand. Now that Legend is a memory. Nothing more.
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
Knicks_Fan2
RealGM
And1: 4,648

Post#522 » by Knicks_Fan2 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:53 pm

WesleyExChiFan wrote:Jamie doesn't want to live in dishonor anymore. He's ashamed of his relationship with his sister and I think he saw an opportunity for a good death and took it.

This guy knows.
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#523 » by Ignitowsky » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:59 am

Knicks_Fan2 wrote:
WesleyExChiFan wrote:Jamie doesn't want to live in dishonor anymore. He's ashamed of his relationship with his sister and I think he hesaw an opportunity for a good death and took it.

This guy knows.

Does he? What's the evidence for thing that. Maybe I missed something, but I don't remember Jaime even hinting at anything like that. He seems very loyal to Cersei and nothing has been said to suggest that his feelings for her have changed.
All in all he's just another prick with no wall
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#524 » by Fat » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:05 am

WesleyExChiFan wrote:Jamie doesn't want to live in dishonor anymore. He's ashamed of his relationship with his sister and I think he saw an opportunity for a good death and took it.

I hope he gets captured and starts banging his brother now.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#525 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:11 am

I mean, this season is almost over. Pretty much all the Westeros war by proxy has to resolve itself so the even shorter final season will focus on the war vs the White Walkers. That's why I feel Littleinger's repetitive, "Sandra" Stark pedo moments are a waste of time when I want MORE of what the previous seasons brought: Meditations that there is no good or bad. Revenge is wrong. We need to find common ground in that we've all wronged each other.
LakerLegend
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#526 » by LakerLegend » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:27 am

Speaking of Jamie, in a world where magic and sorcery are all over the place and Jon Snow can be brought back from the dead isn't there some way to get his hand back? :o
SportsGuy8
Starter
And1: 1,050

Post#527 » by SportsGuy8 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:45 am

Lakerfan17 wrote:Speaking of Jamie, in a world where magic and sorcery are all over the place and Jon Snow can be brought back from the dead isn't there some way to get his hand back? :o

It's like how God answers prayers to cure various illnesses that are subject to spontaneous remissions, misdiagnosis, etc. ... but never seems to answer prayers from amputees.

Fantasy worlds work in mysterious ways. ;)
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,727

Post#528 » by spree8 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:17 pm

Lakerfan17 wrote:Speaking of Jamie, in a world where magic and sorcery are all over the place and Jon Snow can be brought back from the dead isn't there some way to get his hand back? :o

Why stop there... give Ned Stark his head back.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,374

Post#529 » by god shammgod » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:22 pm

an arm. a head. f*ck all that noise. there's a bunch of people on the show that need their dick back.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 39,868

Post#530 » by Guano » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:04 am

god shammgod wrote:an arm. a head. f*ck all that noise. there's a bunch of people on the show that need their dick back.

theon really doesn't deserve to have one
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,364

Post#531 » by Polk377 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:26 am

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:

It's comments like this and your past threads that make people here really wonder about you man...... :eek1:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#532 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:23 pm

Polk377 wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:

It's comments like this and your past threads that make people here really wonder about you man...... :eek1:

What's the over/under on how many body parts he keeps in the freezer in his basement?
:beer: RIP mags
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#533 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:02 pm

god shammgod wrote:an arm. a head. f*ck all that noise. there's a bunch of people on the show that need their dick back.

I agree. The show seems to throw in your face that the winners of the genetic lottery, Sansa and Daenerys or "Danny boy" have suffered due to "men" but I can't tell you the # of female comments in many Game of throne threads on the web where women mocked Theon for deserting what was a losing cause anyways.

Theon had as much a shot killing Euron as retired Dr J had beating retired native New Yorker Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. It just wasn't going to happen.

So he did the smartest thing: Run and live to fight another day.

I see Theon's arc of redemption where he comes back with a GOLDEN strap-on and tries to rescue Yara before they ALL die. :lol:
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,374

Post#534 » by god shammgod » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:23 pm

a golden strap-on lol
Polk377
General Manager

Post#535 » by Polk377 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:25 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:

What's the over/under on how many body parts he keeps in the freezer in his basement?

are we counting blow up doll parts?
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#536 » by NoLayupRule » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:34 pm

there is no way Jamie is dead

Id place money on Bron saving him and the both of them being captured by the Dothracki

then reunited with Tyrion

which would be good timing and all considering Jamie just learned Tyrion wasn't the one who killed his son and he's clearly having issues with his mad queen sister

a little redemption song for Ser Jamie?
Fat
RealGM

Post#537 » by Fat » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:50 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:there is no way Jamie is dead

Id place money on Bron saving him and the both of them being captured by the Dothracki

which would be good timing and all considering Jamie just learned Tyrion wasn't the one who killed his son and he's clearly having issues with his mad queen sister

i think jamie already knew tyrion didnt do it, part of why he helped tyrion escape. Cersei hates tyrion and forced that murder on him and jamie wasnt going to turn his back on cersei so he goes along with it.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Fat
RealGM

Post#538 » by Fat » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:03 pm

Polk377 wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:

it would be a twist nobody seen coming. jamie gets captured and tyrion and jamie are reveled as the real lovers not jamie and cersei. i dont know i just want to see a dwarf and his one handed brother get it on, its a once in a life time opportunity
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,167

Post#539 » by mademan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:08 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:there is no way Jamie is dead

You can see it in his face how feels about the chit his sister pulls. I think she goes too far at one point and he reclaims his title as the King (Queen) slayer
Polk377
General Manager

Post#540 » by Polk377 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:30 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:

it would be a twist nobody seen coming. jamie gets captured and tyrion and jamie are reveled as the real lovers not jamie and cersei. i dont know i just want to see a dwarf and his one handed brother get it on, its a once in a life time opportunity

You are weird dude....

Return to New York Knicks