ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Kurt Rambis
Senior
And1: 483

Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#981 » by Kurt Rambis » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:50 am

Gant wrote:
Kurt Rambis wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:phil's looking like a bigger dumb ass by the day. kp and lonzo would have been an unreal pairing. we could have had a chance to draft lonzo if we tanked from the get go, but this **** idiot had to be an idiot.

I agree on Phil did terrible job at tanking year after year. Not just this year but even the year we have drafted KP. We screw tanking by our mistakes, then we try to go up by trading talent.

Now i don't believe P.Jackson would do trade straight up for number 1 pick…but still what's the point of not tanking properly and get 8th pick to negotiate for higher picks later on?

I hate this old school morality. Just tank you idiot. I hate coaches who don't try hack a Shaq to the bad FT shooters and lose games… or not fouling to stop fast breaks… etc. Do whatever it takes to get a step ahead of opponents.

I hope we tank for real if we can't make playoffs this year.

Even if Carmelo Anthony is traded, with so many very bad teams this season, it's hard to fully tank and play Porzingis too. It's one or the other.

We can lower down his minutes in some games and then rest him last games like many teams does to their stars. It would help preventing unwanted injuries in meaning games as well.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#982 » by Greenie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:52 am

Kampuchea wrote:
Greenie wrote:This is why I don't like "sources".

Nice stat line from KP....no assists though.

Not even 1 assist? We usually bashed Melo for this so fair play to question why KP refused to pass the ball.

Seems like a ball hog so not a great game for him. Let's hope he picks up his performance going forward.

Welp :lol:
Gant
General Manager
And1: 11,267

Post#983 » by Gant » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:56 am

Kurt Rambis wrote:
Gant wrote:
Kurt Rambis wrote:
I agree on Phil did terrible job at tanking year after year. Not just this year but even the year we have drafted KP. We screw tanking by our mistakes, then we try to go up by trading talent.

Now i don't believe P.Jackson would do trade straight up for number 1 pick…but still what's the point of not tanking properly and get 8th pick to negotiate for higher picks later on?

I hate this old school morality. Just tank you idiot. I hate coaches who don't try hack a Shaq to the bad FT shooters and lose games… or not fouling to stop fast breaks… etc. Do whatever it takes to get a step ahead of opponents.

Even if Carmelo Anthony is traded, with so many very bad teams this season, it's hard to fully tank and play Porzingis too. It's one or the other.

We can lower down his minutes in some games and then rest him last games like many teams does to their stars. It would help preventing unwanted injuries in meaning games as well.

OK. But you've got to limbo pretty low to get under Chicago and others who don't have to limit anybody's minutes, or Brooklyn who's headed in the right direction finally but is very shy on talent.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#984 » by Greenie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:57 am

Gant wrote:
Kurt Rambis wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:phil's looking like a bigger dumb ass by the day. kp and lonzo would have been an unreal pairing. we could have had a chance to draft lonzo if we tanked from the get go, but this **** idiot had to be an idiot.

KP can't carry us.
You tank fully with Melo gone, hence why he needs to bounce ASAP for team tank.
Kurt Rambis
Senior

Post#985 » by Kurt Rambis » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:04 am

Definition of a ball hog holding the ball in your hands way too much in a way hurting the team offense. You can have assist records and still be a ball hog.

Rondo is a great example despite great assist numbers.

Also being a chucker is shooting too much inefficiently. For example Jordan isn't a chucker but Melo is even though Jordan tends to shoots more.

Blackhole also means trying to score every time if you get the ball instead of make plays for others, give it back or simply make a right decision instead of just trying to score.

People usually confuse these.
Kurt Rambis
Senior

Post#986 » by Kurt Rambis » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:18 am

Gant wrote:
Kurt Rambis wrote:
Gant wrote:

OK. But you've got to limbo pretty low to get under Chicago and others who don't have to limit anybody's minutes, or Brooklyn who's headed in the right direction finally but is very shy on talent.

I don't ask for full tank job for whole season. That would discourage players/coaching staff. Last part of season just lose as much as you can.

We don't need full tanking anyway. It's impossible to keep too much franchise talent at young age. Too many egos to deal with anyway.

We got KP. We need a secondary star (if Frank won't turn into one) and couple of complimentary role players and we are set for a while.
Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#987 » by Amsterdam » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:13 am

Kurt Rambis wrote:Definition of a ball hog holding the ball in your hands way too much in a way hurting the team offense. You can have assist records and still be a ball hog.

Also being a chucker is shooting too much inefficiently. For example Jordan isn't a chucker but Melo is even though Jordan tends to shoots more.

Blackhole also means trying to score every time if you get the ball instead of make plays for others, give it back or simply make a right decision instead of just trying to score.

You confused me regarding "Jordan isn't a chucker but Melo is, even though Jordan tends to shoots more" this to me = chucker.

Both Jordan and Kobe were high volume shooters. However, one of their main contributions was on the defensive side:

Kobe Bryant made a total of 12 All-Defensive teams, more than any other guard.
Michael Jordan made 9 All-Defensive teams and 3 Steal Leader awards.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Re: RE: Re: Porzingis Unicorn #3 Thread 

Post#988 » by GONYK » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:31 am

Greenie wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:

Not even 1 assist? We usually bashed Melo for this so fair play to question why KP refused to pass the ball.

Seems like a ball hog so not a great game for him. Let's hope he picks up his performance going forward.

Welp
So I take it neither of you watched the game, or even the highlights...
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,259
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#989 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:37 am

Kampuchea wrote:

Looks like you didn't watch the game, but only saw the box score. That's too bad, because you missed all KP did for the team. Passes that weren't for assists, passes that were for assists but the shots weren't made, driving and kicking the ball out. He basically change the nature of the game on both ends of the floor. His +/- was a game high 21.

Sometimes you have to see the game because the stats don't tell the whole story.

What was he bad at? He missed a ton of 3's and his foul shooting was poor. And about fouls, he had only 1 PF, but was fouled 8 times.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#990 » by dakomish23 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:48 am

BKlutch wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:

Looks like you didn't watch the game, but only saw the box score. That's too bad, because you missed all KP did for the team. Passes that weren't for assists, passes that were for assists but the shots weren't made, driving and kicking the ball out. He basically change the nature of the game on both ends of the floor. His +/- was a game high 21.

Sometimes you have to see the game because the stats don't tell the whole story.

What was he bad at? He missed a ton of 3's and his foul shooting was poor. And about fouls, he had only 1 PF, but was fouled 8 times.

I 100% agree with your logic. My question is why can't we use this logic for ALL our players?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,181

Post#991 » by aq_ua » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:58 am

dakomish23 wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:

I 100% agree with your logic. My question is why can't we use this logic for ALL our players?

KP's team won.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,259
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#992 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:59 am

dakomish23 wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:

We are not very logical people.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,197

Post#993 » by Wolfgang630 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:11 am

dakomish23 wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:

Like who?
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#994 » by boomann21 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:23 am

Wait you guys think KP will end up being better than Ball? That Is a interesting stance. Will bookmark this so we can have discussions in the near future.
Kurt Rambis
Senior

Post#995 » by Kurt Rambis » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:29 am

Amsterdam wrote:
Kurt Rambis wrote:Definition of a ball hog holding the ball in your hands way too much in a way hurting the team offense. You can have assist records and still be a ball hog.

You confused me regarding "Jordan isn't a chucker but Melo is, even though Jordan tends to shoots more" this to me = chucker.

Both Jordan and Kobe were high volume shooters. However, one of their main contributions was on the defensive side:

Kobe Bryant made a total of 12 All-Defensive teams, more than any other guard.
Michael Jordan made 9 All-Defensive teams and 3 Steal Leader awards.

All high scorers have to shoot a lot but some of them are taking good shots & be efficient like Jordan, Durant, Lebron and most of star big men. (50% & above)

Then you have Kobe, Iverson, Melo, Arenas etc. the chuckers. Shoots a lot without such efficiency. Not because of lack of talent but usually taking low IQ shots. (40-45%)

Jordan had Lebron & Durant (or Hakeem, Ewing etc. in 90's) efficiency while taking more shots. 50.5 on 23.3 FGA in Bulls years. Higher in prime years. :o

I might be wrong too but i think chucker meaning taking many shots even though not making a lot of them.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,683

Post#996 » by Johnny Firpo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:51 am

boomann21 wrote:Wait you guys think KP will end up being better than Ball? That Is a interesting stance. Will bookmark this so we can have discussions in the near future.

What's interesting about it? He has much better physical tools, a better shot, should be a significantly better defender throughout his career, and plays a position where the competition is not nearly as brutal as for PGs. It's a very logical stance.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#997 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:04 am

boomann21 wrote:Wait you guys think KP will end up being better than Ball? That Is a interesting stance. Will bookmark this so we can have discussions in the near future.

Lonzo Ball? Why is that a shocker? As much as some might think it or wish it Lonzo Ball is far from a can't miss type.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#998 » by Billy Goat » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:37 pm

Lonzo is already better than Porzingis. Always take Knicks fans opinions on individual player with a grain of salt. Everyone on the team is great, they just don't produce wins somehow.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,647

Post#999 » by DaGawd » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:39 pm

Billy Goat wrote:

Lonzo is already better than Porzingis. Always take Knicks fans opinions on individual player with a grain of salt. Everyone on the team is great, they just don't produce wins somehow.

Ban this guy..
BaF
Washington Wizards
Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#1000 » by Amsterdam » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:54 pm

Billy Goat wrote:

say whaaaaaaaaat? :D

Return to New York Knicks