ImageImageImageImageImage

Ntillmatic is OUR GUY

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Kurt Rambis
Senior
And1: 483

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#821 » by Kurt Rambis » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:45 am

kane2021 wrote:I swear it looks like he's getting fat

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Because he works out with Melo's trainer.

5 hits in a row = Another pancake. :lol:
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#822 » by Dantares » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:36 am

classic. in the second interview the interviewer asks him about competition and being motivated to beat these other rookie PG's and then ntilikina turns over his shoulder and notices dennis smith jr right behind him. He was probably thinking seek and destroy right at that moment. Target acquired!
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#823 » by Amsterdam » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:59 am

Dantares wrote:

classic. in the second interview the interviewer asks him about competition and being motivated to beat these other rookie PG's and then ntilikina turns over his shoulder and notices dennis smith jr right behind him. He was probably thinking seek and destroy right at that moment. Target acquired!

Well actually, DSJ photo bombed (@ 2:00) Frank's interview and you can see Frank took notice at minute 2:05. He then closed the interview with "I can't wait for the season to start"

hmmm sounds like something he'll store.
cycl0nus
Rookie
And1: 773

Post#824 » by cycl0nus » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:43 am

Kurt Rambis wrote:

Because he works out with Melo's trainer.

5 hits in a row = Another pancake. :lol:

thats a damn shame; he be lookin quite big boneded in this new video
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#825 » by 2010 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:20 am

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
FKF
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#826 » by FKF » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:14 am

I wish Frank the very best. He's just a great kid and I hope he represents France well.

Looks like he's acclimating to the city and media well already, though he needs to improve his English a bit, which he will.

Up to him now to show he can be a game changer in a losing environment and a big market. His mission is so much harder than Parker's, who came into a winning environnement in a small market.
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,236

Post#827 » by gavran » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:48 am

They're just not wearing jerseys 3 times the size of the players' anymore.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#828 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:38 pm

2010 wrote:

Nice, keep working hard.
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#829 » by malik959 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:25 pm

He's actually a little quicker than I expected, turns corners very well.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,258
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#830 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:34 pm

Spoiler:
malik959 wrote:He's actually a little quicker than I expected, turns corners very well.

And he'll get better because he just turned 19.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,787

Post#831 » by Adelheid » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:35 pm

His deltoids are slightly larger and his arms are thicker. Good progress there.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#832 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:50 pm

Considering how the offseason played out, I feel like this is Porzingis all over again. Frank is going to be a day one starter and he's gonna pleasantly surprise people. We don't exactly have anyone that would start over him, Sessions at this point in his career is a 20 minute player. I rather just roll out with Hernangomez, Porzingis and Ntilikina and let the chemistry build. He's obviously putting in the work on his body, he already brings the defense and his offensive game is hardly pedestrian.

Edit: And Timmy, as he's clearly part of the core now.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Bill Pidto
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,530

Post#833 » by Bill Pidto » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:09 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:Considering how the offseason played out, I feel like this is Porzingis all over again. Frank is going to be a day one starter and he's gonna pleasantly surprise people. We don't exactly have anyone that would start over him, Sessions at this point in his career is a 20 minute player. I rather just roll out with Hernangomez, Porzingis and Ntilikina and let the chemistry build. He's obviously putting in the work on his body, he already brings the defense and his offensive game is hardly pedestrian.

This is how I feel. He could be Porzingis 2.0. The kid is a total freak at his position. And he wasn't raised amongst all the American carnage. Professional ball player from a great family, well-spoken, well-taught. And yea.. the physical tools.

He's a gem. Same guys who saw those same exact qualities in KP made this pick, even with a talent like DSJ on the board, so I've just got that feeling about Frank. But I've been mum about it. I know how salty some Knicks fans get when you predict great things for a young Knick.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,214

Post#834 » by KnicksGod » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:14 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
2010 wrote:

Nice, keep working hard.

He has a semi-floater.

Moves like and reminds me of Kenny Smith and a little Gilbert Arenas.
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#835 » by 2010 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:19 pm

malik959 wrote:He's actually a little quicker than I expected, turns corners very well.

Really? I saw some burst on 2 drives but other than those he looked slow to me. If that is game speed he will struggle to turn the corner on the defense.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#836 » by Huey Freeman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:32 pm

2010 wrote:

Really? I saw some burst on 2 drives but other than those he looked slow to me. If that is game speed he will struggle to turn the corner on the defense.

I agree and will have the same concerns until he actually goes head-to-head and proves me otherwise. If he does struggle with speed then I'm sure he's intelligent enough to prepare mastering "angles" and spacing.
Revolution starts in the mind...
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#837 » by fatalogic » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:36 pm

I'm not saying he is much faster but that's definitely not him game speed. In the games I've seen his handle slowed him down more than foot speed.

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,215

Post#838 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:46 pm

When we took KP everyone was all about Okafor Russel Stanley Johnson Winslow etc. Now we take Frank and people are all about DSJr Monk etc.

Let it play out. I like everything i see from this kid so far. Time will tell the true story. I'm excited to see what the kids can do this year.
:beer: RIP mags
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,483

Post#839 » by CharlesOakley » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:57 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:Considering how the offseason played out, I feel like this is Porzingis all over again. Frank is going to be a day one starter and he's gonna pleasantly surprise people. We don't exactly have anyone that would start over him, Sessions at this point in his career is a 20 minute player. I rather just roll out with Hernangomez, Porzingis and Ntilikina and let the chemistry build. He's obviously putting in the work on his body, he already brings the defense and his offensive game is hardly pedestrian.

This is how I feel. He could be Porzingis 2.0. The kid is a total freak at his position. And he wasn't raised amongst all the American carnage. Professional ball player from a great family, well-spoken, well-taught. And yea.. the physical tools.

He's a gem. Same guys who saw those same exact qualities in KP made this pick, even with a talent like DSJ on the board, so I've just got that feeling about Frank. But I've been mum about it. I know how salty some Knicks fans get when you predict great things for a young Knick.

Frank seems to have good shot mechanics and is clearly a hard worker. I think he is going to be a positive with his shooting and defense from day one. He doesn't seem to have the first step to blow by anyone but he does have insane length. This alone should allow him to separate from a defender. I know he is going to be a willing passer. If he can be a steady hand initiating our offense, can hit some open looks and brings it on the defensive end, I'll be thrilled.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#840 » by BeagleBoss » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:57 pm

I hope I'm dead wrong but Ntilikina looks very mediocre and average. He has the body but talent wise, he just doesn't do anything great. Maybe he can develope into an Avery Bradley type but it'll take time. He could barely get by, finish and score over scrubs in that awful league.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using RealGM mobile app

Return to New York Knicks