Lonzo Ball Picks LeBron James Over Kobe Bryant

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Lonzo Ball Picks LeBron James Over Kobe Bryant 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:08 am

Lonzo Ball was asked to pick between LeBron James and Kobe Bryant. The question came following Michael Jordan's comments in saying Bryant has the edge over James.

"My favorite player was LeBron growing up," said Ball. "But he does have a point. Championships do mean a lot. But, uhh, it's tough. I'm a Laker. I want to go with Kobe. But I've been saying LeBron for my whole life, so I'ma go with LeBron."

The question is a difficult one for Ball to answer as Bryant is a legendary member of the Los Angeles Lakers, while the team expects to pursue James next summer.

Ball was the second overall pick in the June draft.

Via Adi Joseph/USA Today

J-Wolves
Bench Warmer
And1: 887

Re: Lonzo Ball Picks LeBron James Over Kobe Bryant 

Post#2 » by J-Wolves » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:01 am

Kobe Bryant might actually be the least clutch player in the NBA (https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/1/3/7485611/kobe-bryant-clutch-lakers-data).
In the Playoffs, LeBron James Is More Clutch than Kobe (http://au.complex.com/sports/2015/05/lebron-james-kobe-bryant-clutch-playoffs).
A Statistical Analysis Of Clutch NBA Shooters Since 2000 (https://www.libertyballers.com/2012/2/29/2832299/lebron-james-kobe-bryant-dwyane-wade-clutch-nba-playoffs-4th-quarter).
July 4 2016, Kevin Durant declared his dependence day, dependent on the guys he couldn't beat!
SleepingDragon
Senior
And1: 490

Post#3 » by SleepingDragon » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:20 am

Lonzo is just doing his best to get Lebron to sign with the Lakers by 2018. 8-)
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior
And1: 79

Post#4 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:46 am

SleepingDragon wrote:Lonzo is just doing his best to get Lebron to sign with the Lakers by 2018. 8-)

Its not even #2 all time. Everyone's arguing about the best player in the last 15 years.

Lebron hid in the east had teams built for him..has a losing record in the finals.

Kobe has more rings...but was given a pass in Sacramento one year.

Lbj was given a pass vs gsw.

Fine.... kobe makes it into top 5 of all time...maybe.

Theyre both top 10. Oh and kobe nor lebron are clutch shooters...or even clutch players really. Ill find you 5 guys more clutch than both of them in the league off the top of my head.

V carter
D lillard
Curry
Green
Durant
Igudala
Ginobili
Kyrie
I thomas
D wade

Sorry 10
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior
And1: 79

Post#5 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:49 am

Ill take timmy duncan over both of them every time....so actually that probably knocks kobe out of the top 5...still ahead of lebron though...but who cares.
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#6 » by colaroaster » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:55 am

lol @ basketball IQ
jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge
Pennebaker
Head Coach
And1: 5,577

Post#7 » by Pennebaker » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:45 am

Duh. Nobody would take Kobe over LeBron if they were actually starting a team. Not even his own parents. Not even his wife. Not even MJ.
Junior
And1: 112

Post#8 » by ... » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:05 am

wait a minute...tell me again why I should care what this rookie's opinion is.
Sam195
Analyst
And1: 310

Post#9 » by Sam195 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:31 am

Lebron has more rings as the alpha than Kobe. Kobe rode Shaq's coattails for 3 rings and bitc*** like a baby to get the big Aristotle shipped to Miami where he won another ring. Lebron>Kobe
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#10 » by RickB-Orlando » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:41 pm

... wrote:wait a minute...tell me again why I should care what this rookie's opinion is.

Just accept it, Lakers PR team is going to have the media stuffing Lonzo Ball down our throats for the next few years at least. If he proves he can play and really is an all-star, it will be many years. If he stumbles we'll get him for 3-4 years anyway, plus the 'what could have been' stories if he flares out.
draftnightsuit
Analyst
And1: 6,576

Post#11 » by draftnightsuit » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:32 pm

Everybody knows that Lebron is better than Kobe in every way. He has more rings because he rode Shaq's coattails.

Kobe is a glorified Vince Carter who was lucky enough to be drafted by the Lakers.
KobeoverLebron
Junior
And1: 322

Post#12 » by KobeoverLebron » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:48 pm

draftnightsuit wrote:Everybody knows that Lebron is better than Kobe in every way. He has more rings because he road Shaq's coattails.

Kobe is a glorified Vince Carter who was lucky enough to be drafted by the Lakers.

Glorified Vince Carter who is one of the top 12 greatest NBA players of all-time.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#13 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:39 pm

... wrote:wait a minute...tell me again why I should care what this rookie's opinion is.

Yet the response, so you do care to a degree....
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#14 » by IWishIWasHarden » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:39 pm

The Lakers player didn't pick Bryant. Awkward.

I don't see how you can compare a natural SF to a natural SG. It's like comparing Carson Wentz to Julio Jones. They are different players who specialize in different things. Lebron is mainly incredible due to his physique whereas Kobe was great because of his skill. Lebron wouldn't be as good as Kobe is Lebron were in Kobe's body. Lebron needs to be a great rebounder and defensive juggernaut, and hard-to-the-rim driver and dunker for him to keep his greatness.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#15 » by shawn_hemp » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:45 pm

are we really gonna have a news article every time someone says they'd rank ___ ahead of ___?

It's called an opinion, everyone is entitled to one. It's not like he said he'd take some journeyman all star over Kobe

I would say I can't wait for the season to start so these questions stop being reported as news but it doesn't seem to slow down during the season either (a la 2016-2017 Warriors vs Any Great Team Ever)

And I'm the idiot who clicks on the article every time XD

Dr Huge Pecs wrote:
SleepingDragon wrote:Lonzo is just doing his best to get Lebron to sign with the Lakers by 2018. 8-)

Its not even #2 all time. Everyone's arguing about the best player in the last 15 years.

Lebron hid in the east had teams built for him..has a losing record in the finals.

Fine.... kobe makes it into top 5 of all time...maybe.

Theyre both top 10. Oh and kobe nor lebron are clutch shooters...or even clutch players really. Ill find you 5 guys more clutch than both of them in the league off the top of my head.

V carter
D lillard
Curry
Green
Durant
Igudala
Ginobili
Kyrie
I thomas
D wade

Sorry 10

Clutch /= taking the last shot

It's about making a play when your team needs it the most, when the stakes are at their highest (I.E. playoffs)

If Iggy was more clutch than LeBron than he would have made that layup in Game 7 of the 2016 Finals

Vince Carter missed a buzzer beater in Game 7 of the ECSF in 2001

You can pick and choose individual moments of failure but you can just as easily pick and choose moments of success.

Please stop while you're behind
RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Post#16 » by RandyBreuer » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:07 pm

Sam195 wrote:Lebron has more rings as the alpha than Kobe. Kobe rode Shaq's coattails for 3 rings and bitc*** like a baby to get the big Aristotle shipped to Miami where he won another ring. Lebron>Kobe

Well said. Props to him for having the balls to state the obvious. Now somebody asked him who was the goat? I'm about to see if he has the brains to state the obvious. Jordan and Wilt.
Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.
JWASH112
Ballboy
And1: 22

Post#17 » by JWASH112 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:12 pm

draftnightsuit wrote:Everybody knows that Lebron is better than Kobe in every way. He has more rings because he road Shaq's coattails.

If you average over 30 a game, you aint riding nobodies coattails. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#18 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:00 pm

IWishIWasHarden wrote:The Lakers player didn't pick Bryant. Awkward.

lol, they don't overlap tho, he might be overlapping with LeBron tho.
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#19 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:08 pm

Dr Huge Pecs wrote:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1173800-10-worst-officiated-games-in-nba-history-could-the-nba-really-be-rigged
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,758

Post#20 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:00 pm

You literally don't seem know even the basic history of NBA basketball. How old are you? Hit the rode.

Return to Wiretap Discussion