ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Re: Around the NBA - Offseason Dregs Edition 

Post#961 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:07 am

Damn Z-Bo just invest some stock options into American Green. Don't risk imprisonment.
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,811

Post#962 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:26 pm

BKlutch wrote:Kyrie Irving didn't talk with his teammates for days at a time during the playoffs!

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-kyrie-irving-went-consecutive-180648732.html

Report: Kyrie Irving went consecutive days during playoffs without talking to Cavaliers teammates
Dan Feldman
NBC Sports•Aug 10, 2017, 2:28 PM

Kyrie Irving‘s trade request, to a borrow a word from him, is peculiar.

The second-best player on the NBA’s second-best team requesting a trade? That’s so far outside the norm.

So, there has been plenty of energy devoted to trying to understand Irving’s disconnect with the Cavaliers.

James Jones – who played the last three years in Cleveland then got hired by the Suns, who are in Irving trade talks – should have insight.

Dave McMenamin of ESPN on The BBall Breakdown Podcast (hat tip: reddit user Ivan_Pavlovich):

I think I reported this on SportsCenter this week. He saw Kyrie Irving in the playoffs this year – in between the first round, when they beat Indiana, and the second round, when they played Toronto – go consecutive days without speaking to a teammate at practice.

On that stage. It’s one thing to say people go through their ups and downs in the regular season. But when you get to the playoffs, “when the main thing is the main thing, and we’re brothers, and we’re pulling together to get this thing done” – even at that level, there were still things that made him sullen or reclusive from his teammates.

Winning cures most ills. It obviously doesn’t cure all ills. Irving reportedly considered requested a trade after the Cavs won the 2016 title.

We don’t know all the context of Irving’s silence. Was he protesting or just locked in? Either way, this seems like a poor way of fostering a bond within the team.

Anyone considering trading for Irving ought to consider his attitude, but this is just one vague incident. The rest of this story and other cases would reveal more.

If I was forced to play with those ridiculous clowns, I also wouldn't speak to them. I'm dead serious. I'd hang out with Love and wait until it's over.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,261
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#963 » by BKlutch » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:09 pm

basketboule wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Kyrie Irving didn't talk with his teammates for days at a time during the playoffs!

Report: Kyrie Irving went consecutive days during playoffs without talking to Cavaliers teammates
Dan Feldman
NBC Sports•Aug 10, 2017, 2:28 PM

Kyrie Irving‘s trade request, to a borrow a word from him, is peculiar.

The second-best player on the NBA’s second-best team requesting a trade? That’s so far outside the norm.

So, there has been plenty of energy devoted to trying to understand Irving’s disconnect with the Cavaliers.

James Jones – who played the last three years in Cleveland then got hired by the Suns, who are in Irving trade talks – should have insight.

Dave McMenamin of ESPN on The BBall Breakdown Podcast (hat tip: reddit user Ivan_Pavlovich):

I think I reported this on SportsCenter this week. He saw Kyrie Irving in the playoffs this year – in between the first round, when they beat Indiana, and the second round, when they played Toronto – go consecutive days without speaking to a teammate at practice.

On that stage. It’s one thing to say people go through their ups and downs in the regular season. But when you get to the playoffs, “when the main thing is the main thing, and we’re brothers, and we’re pulling together to get this thing done” – even at that level, there were still things that made him sullen or reclusive from his teammates.

Winning cures most ills. It obviously doesn’t cure all ills. Irving reportedly considered requested a trade after the Cavs won the 2016 title.

We don’t know all the context of Irving’s silence. Was he protesting or just locked in? Either way, this seems like a poor way of fostering a bond within the team.

Anyone considering trading for Irving ought to consider his attitude, but this is just one vague incident. The rest of this story and other cases would reveal more.

If I was forced to play with those ridiculous clowns, I also wouldn't speak to them. I'm dead serious. I'd hang out with Love and wait until it's over.

You can call Lebron and JR ridiculous clowns. At least we know JR is, and Shump is also suspect. But as a professional, Kyrie is paid to keep his cool and do the right thing. Part of that is to act the part for the benefit of the team he plays on. He has little leeway to let his emotions dictate his behavior if he expects to command a tremendous salary in future years.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#964 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:22 pm

BKlutch wrote:
basketboule wrote:

You can call Lebron and JR ridiculous clowns. At least we know JR is, and Shump is also suspect. But as a professional, Kyrie is paid to keep his cool and do the right thing. Part of that is to act the part for the benefit of the team he plays on. He has little leeway to let his emotions dictate his behavior if he expects to command a tremendous salary in future years.

I think this whole professionalism narrative is also being used to a fault. I look at it like this:

These people are paid according to their qualification. So are you and me and anybody in their jobs. Now that said, if your co-worker were a jerk to the unbelievable extent LeBron is one, I bet you'd let the world know, let him know and if nothing were to change after years of you enduring this clown and he'd be getting your credit all the time and your boss would keep riding this douche's dick 24/7... you'd be the hell out of there and applying for another job. It's human.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#965 » by BKlutch » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:26 pm

basketboule wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
basketboule wrote:If I was forced to play with those ridiculous clowns, I also wouldn't speak to them. I'm dead serious. I'd hang out with Love and wait until it's over.

I think this whole professionalism narrative is also being used to a fault. I look at it like this:

These people are paid according to their qualification. So are you and me and anybody in their jobs. Now that said, if your co-worker were a jerk to the unbelievable extent LeBron is one, I bet you'd let the world know, let him know and if nothing were to change after years of you enduring this clown and he'd be getting your credit all the time and your boss would keep riding this douche's dick 24/7... you'd be the hell out of there and applying for another job. It's human.

Before we call Lebron a jerk, we need to know what he really did. I know what has been said about what he did, but don't know if ti's all true. Maybe the real jerk there is Gilbert? He sold out to Lebron, despite how much he dislikes him. He let Lebron fire Blatt and Griffin. So who really knows? If Kyrie leaves, we may hear a lot more.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#966 » by Jstarks3 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:22 pm

when the f is the schedule coming out? they've already released some dates, so that means its done.
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o
spree2kawhi
General Manager

Post#967 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:53 pm

Why do millionaires sell drugs?
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#968 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:54 pm

basketboule wrote:Why do millionaires sell drugs?

Well, you know, it's the usual reasons...

Some became millionaires that way.

Some are just dirtbags who happened to earn money along the way.

Some lost their mind doing drugs so they do something crazy.

And some are just crazy.

Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,198

Post#969 » by Wolfgang630 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:04 pm

Jstarks3 wrote:when the f is the schedule coming out? they've already released some dates, so that means its done.

This upcoming Thursday
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#970 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:36 pm

It's not about selling drugs. Millionaires can invest in MANY legal drugs and make A LOT of money. Take for example American Green Corp, bought entire towns in California and Nevada because there is such a demand for marijuana.

It's about NOT paying taxes. Illegal drugs is the quickest way to making A LOT of money without paying a dime in taxes.

Rich people get real smart when it comes to how much is taken out of their salary. YES, I am referring to athletes as "RICH PEOPLE."
Dr. Detfink
RealGM

Post#971 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:37 pm

It's not about selling drugs. Millionaires can invest in MANY legal drugs and make A LOT of money. Take for example American Green Corp, bought entire towns in California and Nevada because there is such a demand for marijuana.

It's about NOT paying taxes. Illegal drugs is the quickest way to making A LOT of money without paying a dime in taxes.

Rich people get real smart when it comes to how much is taken out of their salary. YES, I am referring to athletes as "RICH PEOPLE."
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,326

Post#972 » by Worst_to_First » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:33 pm

On a purely basketball sense losing ZBo would cost the Kings some wins. Darn it. Too much tank competition this coming season.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,414

Post#973 » by god shammgod » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:27 pm

zbo wasn't selling drugs. anything over a certain limit they can get you on intent to sell. the man is a millionaire. he aint buying weed by the half ounce. and he's busy, he aint trying to cop every couple days. the weed laws need to catch up to reality already. this is like you buy a 6 pack and you're legally fine but you buy a keg and it's a felony. sh*t is a travesty of justice.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,100

Post#974 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:30 pm

Worst_to_First wrote:On a purely basketball sense losing ZBo would cost the Kings some wins. Darn it. Too much tank competition this coming season.

i like skal labissere. he will breakout then
no worries fam 8-)
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#975 » by earthmansurfer » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:46 am

god shammgod wrote:zbo wasn't selling drugs. anything over a certain limit they can get you on intent to sell. the man is a millionaire. he aint buying weed by the half ounce. and he's busy, he aint trying to cop every couple days. the weed laws need to catch up to reality already. this is like you buy a 6 pack and you're legally fine but you buy a keg and it's a felony. sh*t is a travesty of justice.

Well, it is a matter of time before players do (for lack of a better word) a class action lawsuit against the NBA regarding medical Cannabis. If it is legal in CA (or the respective States), and safer for their bodies, then why would the NBA want them taking dangerous pain meds? Why not back the players and put pressure on the FED's to change outdated drug laws?

On a separate note, if he was not selling but had a large amount, his lawyers will get him off on that. I predict, in time, you are just going to see so many players using Cannabis that the league will just have to accept it. But like our corrupt government, they go after people and don't solve problems. Those days are coming to an end though.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#976 » by King of Canada » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:13 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:
god shammgod wrote:zbo wasn't selling drugs. anything over a certain limit they can get you on intent to sell. the man is a millionaire. he aint buying weed by the half ounce. and he's busy, he aint trying to cop every couple days. the weed laws need to catch up to reality already. this is like you buy a 6 pack and you're legally fine but you buy a keg and it's a felony. sh*t is a travesty of justice.

Well, it is a matter of time before players do (for lack of a better word) a class action lawsuit against the NBA regarding medical Cannabis. If it is legal in CA (or the respective States), and safer for their bodies, then why would the NBA want them taking dangerous pain meds? Why not back the players and put pressure on the FED's to change outdated drug laws?

On a separate note, if he was not selling but had a large amount, his lawyers will get him off on that. I predict, in time, you are just going to see so many players using Cannabis that the league will just have to accept it. But like our corrupt government, they go after people and don't solve problems. Those days are coming to an end though.

I think that the line between recreational/legal and medical mj is still too blurred for the NBA to openly endorse or allow anything yet. It's probably something that has been in the forefront of their PR machine for years, but due to the nature of the drug and goal of the NBA to market to kids they are unlikely to openly accept it until the Feds do. That being said I'm not sure how they could oppose personal or medical use in states where it is legal as long as the players aren't rubbing it in anybody's faces. I mean, they are entertainers, not running heavy equipment around the public or something.

Edited to add that I don't really understand the ban over pot at all unless they were clearly distributing large amounts. Just seems like massive overkill.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,198

Post#977 » by Wolfgang630 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:41 pm

The whole schedule releases today

Read on Twitter
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#978 » by Phish Tank » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Z-Bo needed a weed man, that's it. Wonder why most other weed heads don't get caught?
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#979 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:20 pm

It's a big can of worms for the NBA. If they allow players to smoke, will they ask for tests to prove a player wasn't high during a game following a poor performance? I think we need some rationalization of both Federal and local policies before they can do this. Can you imagine if the team plays in a state where it's legal, but flies into a state where it isn't, and half a team gets arrested? I know this doesn't sound possible, with all the petty demagogues who have popped up as local officials in various areas, it's not beyond belief.

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,587

Post#980 » by Capn'O » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:40 pm

Free ZBo!!!

Damn right. He wasn't selling. He's just a generous man. Zbo needs to come back home to Oregon. We'll play the song and stuff.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:

Return to New York Knicks