ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Did I do something wrong when approaching this chick?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect
And1: 292

OT: Did I do something wrong when approaching this chick? 

Post#1 » by Nostrand Ave » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:26 pm

I was checking out this check at some eatery. But I got zero eye contact or response. She left and that was over. But all of a sudden I got a strong sense another chick was checking me out. I looked over but I couldn't get a sense of how she looked from my vantage point. So I decided to leave to the rest room and while leaving out the door I could check her out. I went into the restroom and after 5 mins left and there she was and she said "Hi" while smiling at me. She was cute. So I left the store. And walking outside the store, I was like "wait, let me approach." I felt strong vibes that she was interested in me. So I waited for her outside the store. Bad move right there? Is that creepy?

Anyway, she came out the store and I approached. We chatted for like 5 minutes and I got her number. I called the next day and got voice mail and left a message. 2 days later (yesterday) I texted her and no response. So I've pretty much moved on. But just for future references, did I mess up? I want some constructive criticism.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,242
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: OT: Did I do something wrong when approaching this chick? 

Post#2 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:29 pm

Nostrand Ave wrote:I was checking out this check at some eatery. But I got zero eye contact or response. She left and that was over. But all of a sudden I got a strong sense another chick was checking me out. I looked over but I couldn't get a sense of how she looked from my vintage point. So I decided to leave to the rest room and while leaving out the door I could check her out. I went into the restroom and after 5 mins left and there she was and she said "Hi" while smiling at me. She was cute. So I left the store. And walking outside the store, I was like "wait, let me approach." I felt strong vibes that she was interested in me. So I waited for her outside the store. Bad move right there? Is that creepy?

Anyway, she came out the store and I approached. We chatted for like 5 minutes and I got her number. I called the next day and got voice mail and left a message. 2 days later (yesterday) I texted her and no response. So I've pretty much moved on. But just for future references, did I mess up? I want some constructive criticism.

You're young, right? You did pretty well, but when she said "Hi" and smiled at you, you should have smiled back, and said "Hi. I'm glad you said that to me."

So you actually didn't do badly at all. She probably thought about you waiting, and since she doesn't know you're such a nice guy, it bothered her. Next time, you'll get the girl.

When you do, tell us about it here. And remember -- video, or it doesn't count! :lol:

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect

Post#3 » by Nostrand Ave » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:34 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Nostrand Ave wrote:I was checking out this check at some eatery. But I got zero eye contact or response. She left and that was over. But all of a sudden I got a strong sense another chick was checking me out. I looked over but I couldn't get a sense of how she looked from my vintage point. So I decided to leave to the rest room and while leaving out the door I could check her out. I went into the restroom and after 5 mins left and there she was and she said "Hi" while smiling at me. She was cute. So I left the store. And walking outside the store, I was like "wait, let me approach." I felt strong vibes that she was interested in me. So I waited for her outside the store. Bad move right there? Is that creepy?

You're young, right? You did pretty well, but when she said "Hi" and smiled at you, you should have smiled back, and said "Hi. I'm glad you said that to me."

So you actually didn't do badly at all. She probably thought about you waiting, and since she doesn't know you're such a nice guy, it bothered her. Next time, you'll get the girl.

When you do, tell us about it here. And remember -- video, or it doesn't count! :lol:

She was on way to the restroom. I held the door for her. I figured I didn't have a window to talk to her.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,739

Post#4 » by BigShot Bojan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:36 pm

You'll learn It's only creepy if she's not attracted you ...
Formerly Knicks85
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#5 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:42 pm

So either she was away or couldn't call, and she will call you. This means it wasn't creepy.
If she doesn't call, this means, do it differently next time.

Remember, you don't know her. She doesn't know you. So it's really a game, and don't take it too seriously. It's when you know somebody really well and they don't like you - that's worse.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,069

Post#6 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:46 pm

Shouldn't have used a vintage point and gone with something more modern.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#7 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:51 pm

Nope. You did the right thing:

Nostrand Ave wrote:So I've pretty much moved on.

Sometimes (tho not all the time), the LESS interest you show, the better. It 1) shows you're not desperate and you have self worth, and 2) that you know she's just interested in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if she has a BF and just wanted/liked to be noticed.

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,682

Post#8 » by Fat » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:54 pm

Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#9 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:57 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:

magnumt6
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#10 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:05 pm

Never, NEVER, NEVER ever do both the phone message AND text especially the day after meeting a girl.

Wait about 3-4 days..during that time try to think of something she might be interested in organically joining you for a night out in the city.

If you're good with talking then leave a message. I always worry about how someone else might interpret the tone so I use text. Don't use both. Just one or the other.

Let that marinade.

While this woman is thinking things over, there is NO REASON why you shouldn't be seeing other girls and having a good time.
CrazyKnicks
General Manager
And1: 1,477

Post#11 » by CrazyKnicks » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:06 pm

magnumt wrote:
Sometimes (tho not all the time), the LESS interest you show, the better. It 1) shows you're not desperate and you have self worth, and 2) that you know she's just interested in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if she has a BF and just wanted/liked to be noticed.

Probably this.

No point in second guessing yourself, if she had actual interest then you would be hearing from her. Sometimes people do **** like that for an ego boost. On to the next...
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,739

Post#12 » by BigShot Bojan » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:08 pm

Woulda been less creepy if you went up to her and asked her," Does this smell like chloroform.."
Formerly Knicks85
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:16 pm

knicks85 wrote:Woulda been less creepy if you went up to her and asked her," Does this smell like chloroform.."

Probably wanna quit while you're ahead. :lol:

magnumt6
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#14 » by Greenie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:22 pm

This thread will be entertaining
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,682

Post#15 » by Fat » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:42 pm

once you came out the bathroom you should had your zipper down and penis out and once she came up approached you and said hi with that smile you should of accidently knocked one of her groceries to the floor. she then looks down at her groceries and goes down to get them but also notices your "package", have no fear in this situation shes already realized you just came out the restroom and assumes you forgot to zip your pants up. At this point once she has spotted your "package" you quickly should of said "omg im so sorry here let me help you with that" now PAUSE here you just achieved two big steps in one motion not only did you flex off your manhood in a non perverted way but she also knows now that you are a true gentleman by you helping her pick up the groceries "you accidently knocked over". simple and at this point shes already in love with you

Now you head out of the store and wait for her because you felt the strong vibes or whatever. yall do your little chit chat you get the number and now not only would she had answered the phone when you called but she would of invited you over for dinner and you would of probably got to smash.

i hope you learned from your mistakes, luckily for you theres more fish in the sea. let this be a valuable lesson.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#16 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:49 pm

magnumt wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:

Ban yourself for that, Mags!

IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#17 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:02 pm

seems like every year you have a female issue. :lol:
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#18 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:32 pm

Don't overthink this stuff. You aren't in other people's minds and can't control that. Best to just keep it moving. If I had to guess she probably thought it was weird you called, lol nobody likes to talk on the phone anymore.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by Nostrand Ave » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:45 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote: lol nobody likes to talk on the phone anymore.

Really? :o

I also find the 3 day wait rule silly, but if this is what's normal . . . .
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#20 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:51 pm

magnumt wrote:

I was thinking this but then why did she give him her number (assuming it's really hers)? I mean, a number of things can happen, none of which are good.

Return to New York Knicks