ImageImageImageImageImage

Ntillmatic is OUR GUY

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Re: Ntillmatic is OUR GUY 

Post#841 » by blanko » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:01 pm

i might be wrong but i think he is a mix of chauncey and gary payton
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,483

Post#842 » by CharlesOakley » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:15 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:I hope I'm dead wrong but Ntilikina looks very mediocre and average. He has the body but talent wise, he just doesn't do anything great. Maybe he can develope into an Avery Bradley type but it'll take time. He could barely get by, finish and score over scrubs in that awful league.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using RealGM mobile app

I hope you are wrong too. Remember, KP put up pedestrian numbers before we drafted him.
BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,190
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Post#843 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:50 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:When we took KP everyone was all about Okafor Russel Stanley Johnson Winslow etc. Now we take Frank and people are all about DSJr Monk etc.

Let it play out. I like everything i see from this kid so far. Time will tell the true story. I'm excited to see what the kids can do this year.

This part is the problem. You wrote "I like everything I see form this kid so far." The problem is, he didn't play in Summer League and he's not playing Euro Basket, so nobody is seeing him. So they worry.

CMFGB recommended him and I take that over any SL performance by Big Shoes Bawler or anybody else.

Oh, Gee, I see we're playing D. Powered by the after-Burner

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,051

Post#844 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:00 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:When we took KP everyone was all about Okafor Russel Stanley Johnson Winslow etc. Now we take Frank and people are all about DSJr Monk etc.

Let it play out. I like everything i see from this kid so far. Time will tell the true story. I'm excited to see what the kids can do this y6ear.

This part is the problem. You wrote "I like everything I see form this kid so far." The problem is, he didn't play in Summer League and he's not playing Euro Basket, so nobody is seeing him. So they worry.

CMFGB recommended him and I take that over any SL performance by Big Shoes Bawler or anybody else.

You do realize that I am speaking from what I have personally seen right? There's plenty of video. Links to his Euro games were available. Workouts. Interviews. There is enough to like. If people are too lazy to research the kid...they should limit their opinions shouldn't they? I did my work. I like what i see so far.

What's with you today. Picking my posts apart and not even comprehending them. :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#845 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:08 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
BKlutch wrote:

Let it play out. I like everything i see from this kid so far. Time will tell the true story. I'm excited to see what the kids can do this y6ear.

You do realize that I am speaking from what I have personally seen right? There's plenty of video. Links to his Euro games were available. Workouts. Interviews. There is enough to like. If people are too lazy to research the kid...they should limit their opinions shouldn't they? I did my work. I like what i see so far.

What's with you today. Picking my posts apart and not even comprehending them. :lol:

I also love Frank because I also saw lots of video and think we're going to be very happy with him. I wasn't trying to pick apart what you wrote here - I was actually trying to say that other folks didn't see him play, so they can't like him. Maybe my post wasn't written clearly enough.

SL is the only ball lots of folks have watched since the playoffs, so naturally, anything they saw there sticks in their minds. That means they love DSJ and Lonzo Shoe Bawler.

But SL is a real carnival with no defense and little team identity, so it doesn't mean as much to me as the actual playoffs in which Frank elevated his team beyond what was expected of them.

Basketball1981
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#846 » by Basketball1981 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:13 pm

blanko wrote:i might be wrong but i think he is a mix of chauncey and gary payton

That would be great. If he can be a solid passer, great defender that knocks down open shots I'd be happy already. I think knick fans will be content with Frank. I have a good feeling about this kid.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#847 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:33 pm

blanko wrote:I might be wrong but i think he is a mix of chauncey and gary payton

I can't think of any point guards we've had in recent decades who were anywhere near that good.

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#848 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:43 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
BKlutch wrote:This part is the problem. You wrote "I like everything I see form this kid so far." The problem is, he didn't play in Summer League and he's not playing Euro Basket, so nobody is seeing him. So they worry.

I also love Frank because I also saw lots of video and think we're going to be very happy with him. I wasn't trying to pick apart what you wrote here - I was actually trying to say that other folks didn't see him play, so they can't like him. Maybe my post wasn't written clearly enough.

SL is the only ball lots of folks have watched since the playoffs, so naturally, anything they saw there sticks in their minds. That means they love DSJ and Lonzo Shoe Bawler.

But SL is a real carnival with no defense and little team identity, so it doesn't mean as much to me as the actual playoffs in which Frank elevated his team beyond what was expected of them.

Ahh..ok. Yes. I agree 100%.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#849 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

By the way, has anybody ever answered the question posed in your avi? Because to me, I think we still have a long way to go.

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#850 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:51 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
BKlutch wrote:I also love Frank because I also saw lots of video and think we're going to be very happy with him. I wasn't trying to pick apart what you wrote here - I was actually trying to say that other folks didn't see him play, so they can't like him. Maybe my post wasn't written clearly enough.

By the way, has anybody ever answered the question posed in your avi? Because to me, I think we still have a long way to go.

Yes. It is a microcosm of the joys of being a Knicks fan. We are on our way. It seems. This should be the beginning of the journey but...in typical Knicks fashion...nothing can go smoothly.

We are not there yet!
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#851 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:44 pm

BKlutch wrote:
blanko wrote:I might be wrong but i think he is a mix of chauncey and gary payton

I can't think of any point guards we've had in recent decades who were anywhere near that good.

Marbury might've gone batsh*t nuts, but he was fuqn AMAZING as our PG! He could score, pass, and rebound while playing good defense.

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#852 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:46 pm

magnumt wrote:
BKlutch wrote:

Marbury might've gone batsh*t nuts, but he was fuqn AMAZING as our PG! He could score, pass, and rebound while playing good defense.

Haha yes, of course, but not having a total mental collapse has to be considered part of being a great guard for us. We've just had all the bad luck. Physically talented players break down physically, or emotionally, but the result is the same.

Which category did Eddy Curry fit into? both?

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#853 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:54 pm

BKlutch wrote:
magnumt wrote:
BKlutch wrote:I can't think of any point guards we've had in recent decades who were anywhere near that good.

Haha yes, of course, but not having a total mental collapse has to be considered part of being a great guard for us. We've just had all the bad luck. Physically talented players break down physically, or emotionally, but the result is the same.

Curry was a great low post scorer, but he didn't give a damn about basketball (ala Darko).

magnumt6
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#854 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:55 pm

magnumt wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
magnumt wrote:

Curry was a great low post scorer, but he didn't give a damn about basketball (ala Darko).

He took the money and told us all to fuq off - that's why guys don't pay a ho until they're finished.

DLTGWH
Sixth Man
And1: 670

Post#855 » by DLTGWH » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:00 pm

magnumt wrote:
BKlutch wrote:

I think you're being serious, in which case I strongly Agree. Marbury was a lot of bad.

But on the court he was mostly good to great and spent his Knicks career surrounded by mostly trash.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#856 » by magnumt » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:08 pm

DLTGWH wrote:
magnumt wrote:
BKlutch wrote:I can't think of any point guards we've had in recent decades who were anywhere near that good.

I think you're being serious, in which case I strongly Agree. Marbury was a lot of bad.

But on the court he was mostly good to great and spent his Knicks career surrounded by mostly trash.

I was being serious. He was a very good PG for us.

KP and Marbury would've been SPECIAL!

magnumt6
DLTGWH
Sixth Man
And1: 670

Post#857 » by DLTGWH » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:15 pm

magnumt wrote:
DLTGWH wrote:
magnumt wrote:

I was being serious. He was a very good PG for us.

KP and Marbury would've been SPECIAL!

For me was Marbury and Stoudamire. What could have been...
Basketball1981
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#858 » by Basketball1981 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:56 pm

Marbury's demise is still among the oddest things I experienced as a knick fan. Just crazy to think what type of player he was and what became of him later on. So sad.
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#859 » by N Y K » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:53 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:I hope I'm dead wrong but Ntilikina looks very mediocre and average. He has the body but talent wise, he just doesn't do anything great. Maybe he can develope into an Avery Bradley type but it'll take time. He could barely get by, finish and score over scrubs in that awful league.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using RealGM mobile app

i think you've secretly been my favorite on this board
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#860 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:30 am

Read on Twitter

Return to New York Knicks