ImageImageImageImageImage

THE BEAS IS COMING TO NYC

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,260
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: THE BEAS IS COMING TO NYC 

Post#501 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:41 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
magnumt wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:hol up
why ain't we sign shabazz Muhammad over him?
he's 24.....

Because Shabazz is undersized and would be more suitable at SG where we're stacked, whereas Beasley can play both SF and PF effectively.

--Mags :beer:

he can play SF
anyways I'm not mad about the Beasley signing, I just think shabazz would be a better option since he has more upside

Even if Shabazz has more upside, we only wanted a bench player for the minimum. That's not to say he wouldn't help a team at that position. We just have other guys with upside at SG, and need to fill the hole at SF that we hope Melo will leave us with.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

DLTGWH
Sixth Man
And1: 670

Post#502 » by DLTGWH » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:48 pm

Not sure what Shabazz has to do with Beasley. It's not an either/or scenario.

And for all we know Knicks reached out to Shabazz and got a no back in return.
FreeSpiritNY
Veteran
And1: 1,285

Re: RE: Re: THE BEAS IS COMING TO NYC 

Post#503 » by FreeSpiritNY » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:32 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:
JoeypopsNY wrote:I would some how love to see us trade melo and put beasley into the start SF position, I feel like he can score just as well and more in the fluid of offense then melo.

I pray this happens. This season would be hella fun to watch with

Frank/Ramon/Baker
ThjR/LEE/dotson
Beasley/dotson/LT
Kp/Quinn
Will/noah/quinn

OMG its so refreshing we got sasha off this team. like my god such dead weight ....

LOL people need to stop thinking Beasley is Melo. There is a reason he's on his 6th team and signed for the minimum.

same could be said for nobody wanting melo
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,086

Post#504 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:45 pm

BKlutch wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Because Shabazz is undersized and would be more suitable at SG where we're stacked, whereas Beasley can play both SF and PF effectively.

--Mags :beer:

he can play SF
anyways I'm not mad about the Beasley signing, I just think shabazz would be a better option since he has more upside

Even if Shabazz has more upside, we only wanted a bench player for the minimum. That's not to say he wouldn't help a team at that position. We just have other guys with upside at SG, and need to fill the hole at SF that we hope Melo will leave us with.

he's played sf throughout his career, he could play that position
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#505 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:48 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:he can play SF

So why do you think the Knicks didn't sign him instead?

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#506 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:55 pm

BKlutch wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Even if Shabazz has more upside, we only wanted a bench player for the minimum. That's not to say he wouldn't help a team at that position. We just have other guys with upside at SG, and need to fill the hole at SF that we hope Melo will leave us with.

i'd assume he was too expensive for us, since we only have the vets minimum
other than that, i dont know
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#507 » by BKlutch » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:57 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:he's played sf throughout his career, he could play that position

other than that, I dont know

I thought so, too We weren't looking to buy a guy who could be a star or a one of our core. We had very little to spend, and I hope we get our money's worth from that.

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#508 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:03 am

BKlutch wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:So why do you think the Knicks didn't sign him instead?

I thought so, too We weren't looking to buy a guy who could be a star or a one of our core. We had very little to spend, and I hope we get our money's worth from that.

tbh i would've gave him ron baker's money instead or at least someone within that caliber.

not sure why baker is getting paid like that. i highly doubt any team offered him that amount of cash or even close to it. i honestly thought he was going to get the vets min when the season ended. not trying to say he's bad but that money coulda been used on someone who has a lot more upside. baker just looks like a 3 and d guard at best
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#509 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:08 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:i'd assume he was too expensive for us, since we only have the vets minimum

tbh i would've gave him ron baker's money instead or at least someone within that caliber.

not sure why baker is getting paid like that. I highly doubt any team offered him that amount of cash or even close to it. I honestly thought he was going to get the vets min when the season ended. not trying to say he's bad but that money coulda been used on someone who has a lot more upside. baker just looks like a 3 and d guard at best

We'll never know if we could have paid him a smaller sum and still signed him. Most of us think so, but the only guy who knows the answer is no longer in that job, and the new guy in that job works for him. So we're never going to learn what really happened.

I have a good feeling that Scott Perry is going to make deals that pass the smell test.

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#510 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:14 am

BKlutch wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
BKlutch wrote:I thought so, too We weren't looking to buy a guy who could be a star or a one of our core. We had very little to spend, and I hope we get our money's worth from that.

not sure why baker is getting paid like that. I highly doubt any team offered him that amount of cash or even close to it. I honestly thought he was going to get the vets min when the season ended. not trying to say he's bad but that money coulda been used on someone who has a lot more upside. baker just looks like a 3 and d guard at best

We'll never know if we could have paid him a smaller sum and still signed him. Most of us think so, but the only guy who knows the answer is no longer in that job, and the new guy in that job works for him. So we're never going to learn what really happened.

I have a good feeling that Scott Perry is going to make deals that pass the smell test.

phil was bidding against himself... as usual
i just realized we have lance thomas for another 3 years.. smh

im confident in perry too. we finally have a experienced front office guy with a good track record for once. what a time to be alive
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#511 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:14 am

I still don't see why y'all tripping over Ron baker's contract. The money isn't the issue at all, the player option might be especially if he does improve.

All he has to do is hit the three better. He does everything else well.

He runs the floor well, good rebounder, good passer, plays off the ball well, and he willingly defends.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#512 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:23 am

Thugger HBC wrote:I still don't see why y'all tripping over Ron baker's contract. The money isn't the issue at all, the player option might be especially if he does improve.

He runs the floor well, good rebounder, good passer, plays off the ball well, and he willingly defends.

I'm not getting excited about the money. I think Mills makes bad bargains, but I don't really care that much. I think we'll do better going forward. Of course, there will be less fake Zen weirdness and fewer public mentions of drugs. I just care about winning.

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,903

Post#513 » by GONYK » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:37 am

Thugger HBC wrote:I still don't see why y'all tripping over Ron baker's contract. The money isn't the issue at all, the player option might be especially if he does improve.

Agreed, plus I don't know why people care about what is essentially an extra $2M. You can't really do anything with that amount.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#514 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:41 am

BKlutch wrote:

I'm not getting excited about the money. I think Mills makes bad bargains, but I don't really care that much. I think we'll do better going forward. Of course, there will be less fake Zen weirdness and fewer public mentions of drugs. I just care about winning.

What's a bad bargain? That's rather new to me.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
DLTGWH
Sixth Man
And1: 670

Post#515 » by DLTGWH » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:56 am

This. He's a rotational player with upside making 4M for the year. I like his game, even though probably better suited as a combo...
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#516 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:12 am

Beas is defense is underrated imo, he's improved a lot since he came into the league, it's at least average now. His rebounding is great, and he can score at will. I think at vet min there shouldn't be much discussion of him being a cancerous player, at worst just cut him. I really think y'all will be happyily surprised if he gets his minutes. The weed thing is so over blown, he got busted his rookie year. He's been a professional since, I'm sure most players smoke and it's a non issue.

Also Sorry for the delay on and1s, I bought my new computer this morning, still haven't found time to unbox it.
Donald Trump is an idiot.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#517 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:17 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
BKlutch wrote:

What's a bad bargain? That's rather new to me.

A bad bargain is paying a bit more than you need to, even if you're still buying what you should. It's hard to bargain over the price of players with their agents if you're not experienced at doing that. But on the whole, even though I think Mills could have gotten better prices, I prefer he signed Timmy and Burgundy instead of not.

BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#518 » by BeagleBoss » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:21 am

Beasley will be Copeland/Derrick Williams off the bench. Don't expect more.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using RealGM mobile app
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#519 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:36 am

BeagleBoss wrote:Beasley will be Copeland/Derrick Williams off the bench. Don't expect more.

You get what you pay for. We need a transition guy, just like DWill - and he's the lowest possible price.

VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#520 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:39 am

BeagleBoss wrote:Beasley will be Copeland/Derrick Williams off the bench. Don't expect more.

More than likely.

Return to New York Knicks