Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:46 pm

Zach Randolph could face similar penalties as O.J. Mayo from the NBA following his arrest in Los Angeles this week on marijuana possession charges.

The league’s collective bargaining agreement with the players’ association says a player will be dismissed and disqualified from the NBA if he is convicted of, or pleads guilty, no contest or nolo contendere to, a crime involving the felony distribution of marijuana.

Mayo was dismissed and disqualified from the NBA in 2016 for violating the league's anti-drug program.

Randolph left the Memphis Grizzlies to sign with the Sacramento Kings this offseason.

ChokeFasncists
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Re: 

Post#2 » by ChokeFasncists » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:45 pm

That would suck
MorbidHEAT wrote:My dislike for Lin started during Linsanity. It was absurd. It's probably irrational dislike at this point, but man he gets on my nerves. He's been tearing us up though.
Thanks for the honesty.
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Re: 

Post#3 » by colaroaster » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:26 pm

cocaine he would have been executed by silver
jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge
MetaKnick13
General Manager
And1: 343

Re: 

Post#4 » by MetaKnick13 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:48 pm

Beyond ridiculous. We know ZBo doesn't need to be selling weed, especially in a state that just legalized it. Dude just loves to get high in the offseason, who cares?
dan-man
Sixth Man
And1: 364

Re: 

Post#5 » by dan-man » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:49 pm

I'll lay 10-1 that he gets off and this gets forgotten. A felony possession for a legal substance in this day in age is a joke. They need to start locking up government officials that are blocking the will of the people, which is to decriminalize and legalize this substance just like cigarettes and alcohol. Enough is enough.
PrecociousNeoph
Head Coach
And1: 377

Re: 

Post#6 » by PrecociousNeoph » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:33 pm

the problem isn't that it's pot, it's the felony quantity
“Bye, Felicia.”
broseph13
Senior
And1: 170

Re: 

Post#7 » by broseph13 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:29 am

A guy making like $15M a yr as a pro athlete selling pot on the side to make an extra, what...$5k? lol I think not. Whatever they found likely belongs to someone else, not Randolph. My guess is that he'll be fine.
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior
And1: 79

Re: Re: 

Post#8 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:11 am

MetaKnick13 wrote:Beyond ridiculous. We know ZBo doesn't need to be selling weed, especially in a state that just legalized it. Dude just loves to get high in the offseason, who cares?

that's great and all... really we love that he likes to smoke pot... awesome, just like lots of folks... problem is we should also assume he knows what is in his contract... we should also assume he knows that having a large quanitiy is generally considered intent to distribute. we should also note that before he went to the grizzlies he was considered a "problematic" player and the minute he leaves that team he's arrrested in sac town in what can be described as a riot.

so zack.... z-bo, whatever, whoever... you put yourself in this mess. you're a multi millionaire willing to risk the rest of your career for a few bags of weed.

or maybe,... just maybe... since he's old he figures he's done with the nba and doesn't care if he plays or not.

either way why defend the guy? If you just signed that million dollar contract and you knew that doing this would void it.... why do it? Because you're rich and you don't GAF.

so enough of the z-bo fan boy pity parties. he doesn't want or need your pity. hope the kings can get rid of this guy. ban him if he's guilty. he's done anyway.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Re: 

Post#9 » by The_Hater » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:16 am

Cue Kings fans telling us he's still a role model to the young players and a great veteran signing....
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
MakinItRainRed
Freshman
And1: 25

Re: 

Post#10 » by MakinItRainRed » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:06 am

How hard is it to NOT smoke weed while on contract? Once you retire, have a 420 fiesta. No one would give a crap then.
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior

Post#11 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:09 am

The_Hater wrote:Cue Kings fans telling us he's still a role model to the young players and a great veteran signing....

Kings will be dodging a bullet if he gets banned. Maybe they could get some more cap room and make a better signing.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#12 » by BallerTalk » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:05 am

Dr Huge Pecs wrote:
MetaKnick13 wrote:Beyond ridiculous. We know ZBo doesn't need to be selling weed, especially in a state that just legalized it. Dude just loves to get high in the offseason, who cares?

that's great and all... really we love that he likes to smoke pot... awesome, just like lots of folks... problem is we should also assume he knows what is in his contract... we should also assume he knows that having a large quanitiy is generally considered intent to distribute. we should also note that before he went to the grizzlies he was considered a "problematic" player and the minute he leaves that team he's arrrested in sac town in what can be described as a riot.

so zack.... z-bo, whatever, whoever... you put yourself in this mess. you're a multi millionaire willing to risk the rest of your career for a few bags of weed.

or maybe,... just maybe... since he's old he figures he's done with the nba and doesn't care if he plays or not.

either way why defend the guy? If you just signed that million dollar contract and you knew that doing this would void it.... why do it? Because you're rich and you don't GAF.

so enough of the z-bo fan boy pity parties. he doesn't want or need your pity. hope the kings can get rid of this guy. ban him if he's guilty. he's done anyway.

Or maybe we can wait for the actual facts to determine the outcome.
Just an idea.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#13 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:18 am

The_Hater wrote:Cue Kings fans telling us he's still a role model to the young players and a great veteran signing....

What does smoking weed have to do with being a good or bad role model?
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior

Post#14 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:23 am

BallerTalk wrote:
Dr Huge Pecs wrote:

Just an idea.
BallerTalk wrote:
Dr Huge Pecs wrote:

Just an idea.

That's why I said "if he's guilty" maybe we should read the post before we respond.

Just an idea
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#15 » by BallerTalk » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:49 am

Dr Huge Pecs wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:
Dr Huge Pecs wrote:

Just an idea.

That's why I said "if he's guilty" maybe we should read the post before we respond.

Just an idea

Hmmm...
Sure sounded like you'd already made your mind up.

Dr Huge Pecs wrote:so zack.... z-bo, whatever, whoever... you put yourself in this mess. you're a multi millionaire willing to risk the rest of your career for a few bags of weed.

Dr Huge Pecs wrote:either way why defend the guy?

Dr Huge Pecs wrote:so enough of the z-bo fan boy pity parties

Dr Huge Pecs wrote:hope the kings can get rid of this guy.

But what do I know. Maybe you know Randolph personally. Or maybe you've purchased weed from him directly.
Or hell, maybe you were even there when the event went down.
Whatever the case I'm sure you have your reasons for your presumptive sentiments, ensuing equivocation notwithstanding.
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
BroncoBuck
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#16 » by BroncoBuck » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:08 pm

broseph13 wrote:A guy making like $15M a yr as a pro athlete selling pot on the side to make an extra, what...$5k? lol I think not. Whatever they found likely belongs to someone else, not Randolph. My guess is that he'll be fine.

It was only $400 of weed. Dude just buys in bulk. That's not anywhere near enough where he'd be selling it
Dr Huge Pecs
Senior

Post#17 » by Dr Huge Pecs » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:53 pm

BallerTalk wrote:
Dr Huge Pecs wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:
Just an idea.

Just an idea

Hmmm...

Dr Huge Pecs wrote:so zack.... z-bo, whatever, whoever... you put yourself in this mess. you're a multi millionaire willing to risk the rest of your career for a few bags of weed.

But what do I know. Maybe you know Randolph personally. Or maybe you've purchased weed from him directly.
Whatever the case I'm sure you have your reasons for your presumptive sentiments, ensuing equivocation notwithstanding.

Yeah the police report isn't presumptive at all.

The question is how the judge rules.

Way to cherry pick quotes though....millennial I presume. Don't let the "if he's guilty..." get in the way of your virtue signals or bizzare rants.

If he's guilty get rid of the over paid over the hill attempted drug dealer. Think this guy will do time? Not likely...you would though.... This dude's got 100 million and is still acting like a teenager.

But go ahead... He really cares that fanboys got his back.

I dont care either way actually, but if I were the kings I would be praying he gets banned, only because it was a bad signing... Not cuz he has a ton of pot. I like the grizzlies... I liked him on the grizzlies, but he's done as a player.

If he wants to play drug dealer... Who cares? but the cba says youll get banned. He knows that, looks like he might be making that decision... Why is anyone ever surprised when pro athletes go bankrupt after a few years out of the league?
MetaKnick13
General Manager
And1: 343

Post#18 » by MetaKnick13 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:18 pm

Dr Huge Pecs wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:
Dr Huge Pecs wrote:

Just an idea

Hmmm...

Yeah the police report isn't presumptive at all.

The question is how the judge rules.

Way to cherry pick quotes though....millennial I presume. Don't let the "if he's guilty..." get in the way of your virtue signals or bizzare rants.

If he's guilty get rid of the over paid over the hill attempted drug dealer. Think this guy will do time? Not likely...you would though.... This dude's got 100 million and is still acting like a teenager.

But go ahead... He really cares that fanboys got his back.

I dont care either way actually, but if I were the kings I would be praying he gets banned, only because it was a bad signing... Not cuz he has a ton of pot. I like the grizzlies... I liked him on the grizzlies, but he's done as a player.

If he wants to play drug dealer... Who cares? but the cba says youll get banned. He knows that, looks like he might be making that decision... Why is anyone ever surprised when pro athletes go bankrupt after a few years out of the league?

Here's the difference between you and everyone else in this thread: everyone else knows that banning a player over marijuana is ridiculous, despite what the rules of the CBA might state. We know this rule is outdated and based in nothing of substance, a holdover from an era of "non millenials" (since for some reason you throw around that word as an insult) who are wasting their time on witchunts of an adult who likes to smoke weed in the offseason.You want to ban him because he has insulted your views on morality, the people who disagree with you on this feel this view of morality is outdated and wrong.

A fanboy of Zbo? I don't think the dude has any of those on here, he hasn't been super relevant in a few years and even then he was never exactly a superstar fan-favorite even when he was an all-star, and even when he was briefly on my team (the Knicks). This is ridiculous because the rule itself is ridiculous. So yes, if you want to be mad just because someone broke the rules, without questioning or caring if the rule itself is morally wrong, then yeah go ahead and ban him! That will fill your need for true justice in this world!
Benedict Miller
General Manager
And1: 2,074

Re: 

Post#19 » by Benedict Miller » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:35 pm

How often to players get drug tested altogether? Surprising LeBron hasn't failed any test

Return to Wiretap Discussion