ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Did I do something wrong when approaching this chick?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,286

Re: OT: Did I do something wrong when approaching this chick? 

Post#21 » by RHODEY » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:59 pm

Nostrand Ave wrote:I was checking out this check at some eatery. But I got zero eye contact or response. She left and that was over. But all of a sudden I got a strong sense another chick was checking me out. I looked over but I couldn't get a sense of how she looked from my vantage point. So I decided to leave to the rest room and while leaving out the door I could check her out. I went into the restroom and after 5 mins left and there she was and she said "Hi" while smiling at me. She was cute. So I left the store. And walking outside the store, I was like "wait, let me approach." I felt strong vibes that she was interested in me. So I waited for her outside the store. Bad move right there? Is that creepy?

Anyway, she came out the store and I approached. We chatted for like 5 minutes and I got her number. I called the next day and got voice mail and left a message. 2 days later (yesterday) I texted her and no response. So I've pretty much moved on. But just for future references, did I mess up? I want some constructive criticism.

No you did fine...the ball is in her court now. Most important thing is not to play yourself by acting too thirsty. If she doesn't call so what? At least you stepped to her.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,658

Post#22 » by DaGawd » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:02 pm

That 3 day wait rule is bs..
BaF
Washington Wizards
Basketball1981
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#23 » by Basketball1981 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:23 pm

1. You did well.

2.I've had these types of situations literally countless times (100+). My friends also. It has nothing to do with how you did what etc. Chicks are just like that....sometimes you have a 10 stalking you and sometimes when you are really in need you can't get a 5 to text you back. I've experienced the weirdest things you can imagine.

Rule of thumb: if she is really into you you can almost do no wrong when approaching here. If she is not into you you can do everything 200% right and still get rejected or not texted back. Like some said, ego boost does also play a role. I had literaly girls smiling and staring at me--when I would approach her she would all of a sudden act all arrogant and disinterested. More often then not they are just meeting someone else. It's not even personal mostly.

But you know what the real key here is? To not be bothered at all by whatever happens. If you get 5 numbers one night, don't get too high and if you get rejected 5 times during a single night don't get too low. Do not put too much importance into this type of stuff.
And if some guy tells you that he manages to get the number of 90% of the girls he approaches then he is straight lying to you.
I myself am a fairly good looking guy (girls had me as a 9 type of guy) and one of my buddies was a straight 10 during his best days and I can tell you that we got rejected more times than you can count. Half the girls are in relationships so as long as they aren't straight hoes that's 50% rejection right away. The rest is up for grabs but some will be naturally disinterested. Sometimes it's also the chicks feeling insecure around you and that's why they don't call back. But it's no big deal overall. I have had this situation (girl doesn't text back) countless times---99% of the time it does not have anything to do with you or your game.
Basketball1981
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#24 » by Basketball1981 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:36 pm

To sum it up: Don't overanalyze these type of things.

At first I was exactly the same. I would ask myself "why is that chick not texting back?Why did she give me her number when she was not genuinely interested? Did I do something wron? Did I mess something up?" ....after you have gotten the 100th girl to give you her number then you'll just know that some text back and are genuinely interested, and some , despite giving you her number simply do not text back or aren't really that interested. There is no real rule behind it. It's kinda more random than you would imagine.
battabing10
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#25 » by battabing10 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:52 pm

If you are quick-witted and make her laugh genuinely (not fake) even while holding a bathroom door open you are IN. Laughter is an important social cue from females, along with running their fingers through their hair after they pass you.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#26 » by reub » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:54 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:once you came out the bathroom you should had your zipper down and penis out and once she came up approached you and said hi with that smile you should of accidently knocked one of her groceries to the floor. she then looks down at her groceries and goes down to get them but also notices your "package", have no fear in this situation shes already realized you just came out the restroom and assumes you forgot to zip your pants up. At this point once she has spotted your "package" you quickly should of said "omg im so sorry here let me help you with that" now PAUSE here you just achieved two big steps in one motion not only did you flex off your manhood in a non perverted way but she also knows now that you are a true gentleman by you helping her pick up the groceries "you accidently knocked over". simple and at this point shes already in love with you

Now you head out of the store and wait for her because you felt the strong vibes or whatever. yall do your little chit chat you get the number and now not only would she had answered the phone when you called but she would of invited you over for dinner and you would of probably got to smash.

i hope you learned from your mistakes, luckily for you theres more fish in the sea. let this be a valuable lesson.

Aren't you the guy with the blow up dolls?
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,587

Post#27 » by Capn'O » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:12 am

You did fine. Maybe could have been a little faster/smoother in execution but no errors. Nobody bats 1.000 and she could already have a serious bf or something but you were just so handsome and suave that it broke her down for a moment.

Moving on is the correct approach.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#28 » by mugzi » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:37 am

knicks85 wrote:Woulda been less creepy if you went up to her and asked her," Does this smell like chloroform.."

I like your ideas and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#29 » by mugzi » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:41 am

magnumt wrote:
knicks85 wrote:Woulda been less creepy if you went up to her and asked her," Does this smell like chloroform.."

Probably wanna quit while you're ahead. :lol:

--Mags :beer:

Let him continue, its manna from heaven. :lol:
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#30 » by BeagleBoss » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:54 am

She probably smiled and said "bye" cause she thought you were slow and wanted you to get away but you misunderstood her.
You did ok. Don't text or call anymore. And if or when she texts back, wait a day or two to respond.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using RealGM mobile app
Guano
RealGM
And1: 39,920

Post#31 » by Guano » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:15 am

realgm knicks forum is one of the last places on this sh*tty planet I would come to for advice on females.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
ReturnofMVP3
RealGM
And1: 11,580

Post#32 » by ReturnofMVP3 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:26 am

All you need to do is be polite, be yourself, and have proper hygiene (I'm not saying become an axe body spray model either). If it clicks it clicks, if not just look for another girl. Let it come natural and don't stare at every hot girl who comes your way. Good luck pal.
Donald Trump is an idiot.
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#33 » by 2010 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:31 am

It's 2017. Getting a phone number means absolutely nothing. Getting her to plan a night out with you (and actually show up) is the hard part. Chicks have very short attention spans nowadays. And with all the attention they get on social media, it makes it harder to keep their attention in the real world long enough for getting the # to actually mean you have more than a marginal chance of actually making it to a date after that. A chick might give you her # then get 20 DM's right after that. Your slot on her priority list can change dumb fast.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,236

Post#34 » by gavran » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:54 am

Nostrand Ave wrote:I was checking out this check at some eatery. But I got zero eye contact or response. She left and that was over. But all of a sudden I got a strong sense another chick was checking me out. I looked over but I couldn't get a sense of how she looked from my vantage point. So I decided to leave to the rest room and while leaving out the door I could check her out. I went into the restroom and after 5 mins left and there she was and she said "Hi" while smiling at me. She was cute. So I left the store. And walking outside the store, I was like "wait, let me approach." I felt strong vibes that she was interested in me. So I waited for her outside the store. Bad move right there? Is that creepy?

Anyway, she came out the store and I approached. We chatted for like 5 minutes and I got her number. I called the next day and got voice mail and left a message. 2 days later (yesterday) I texted her and no response. So I've pretty much moved on. But just for future references, did I mess up? I want some constructive criticism.

You were 5 minutes in the restroom? What have you eaten?
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,311

Post#35 » by NewEra » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:43 pm

You're right. You standing outside is mad creepy. She probably gave you a number out of fear of your spooky self. Don't do that again. The minute she smiled and said Hi, you should've got to talking right there. Regardless of your fail...There may still be hope lol..

If you're really THAT interested, then screw it and text her exactly what went down that night. She may find it funny and actually respond.
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
NewEra
RealGM
And1: 13,311

Post#36 » by NewEra » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:46 pm

knicks85 wrote:You'll learn It's only creepy if she's not attracted you ...

:lol:
BAF- 2020 Champs | 2021 2k Champs
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 39,759

Post#37 » by KingDavid » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:48 pm

Well, why didn't you say anything back after that?
#HEATLifer

Long Live Kobe Bryant. My idol's idol.
KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#38 » by KingDavid » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:51 pm

NewEra wrote:You're right. You standing outside is mad creepy. She probably gave you a number out of fear of your spooky self. Don't do that again. The minute she smiled and said Hi, you should've got to talking right there. Regardless of your fail...There may still be hope lol..

If you're really THAT interested, then screw it and text her exactly what went down that night. She may find it funny and actually respond.

Nahh. That would just make it worse. Too many women out there to be hung up on one and pull some out of character **** like that after considering what he did.
#HEATLifer

KingDavid
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat

Post#39 » by KingDavid » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:59 pm

Wait a minute ****, you left a voicemail?!

#HEATLifer

Nostrand Ave
Pro Prospect
And1: 295

Post#40 » by Nostrand Ave » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:04 pm

2010 wrote:It's 2017. Getting a phone number means absolutely nothing. Getting her to plan a night out with you (and actually show up) is the hard part. Chicks have very short attention spans nowadays. And with all the attention they get on social media, it makes it harder to keep their attention in the real world long enough for getting the # to actually mean you have more than a marginal chance of actually making it to a date after that. A chick might give you her # then get 20 DM's right after that. Your slot on her priority list can change dumb fast.

Which is why I think the 3 day rule is silly. If you wait 3 days she could find someone else. You should show desire the next day, if it's not reciprocated you should move on. You should always have things occupying your time where 1 chick is not on your mind.

Return to New York Knicks