All Things Luka Doncic

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,597

Re: Is Luka Dončić 2018 NBA draft 1st pick? 

Post#301 » by UcanUwill » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:43 pm

peja_the_legend wrote:Amazing stats against the NBA level croatian back court of 47 year old Popovic and whoever else was playing pg for them

His head to head match up was solid NBA vet Bojan Bogdanovic, but kudos for finding a way to hate after a 27 point performance, ha.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,549

Post#302 » by Bob8 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:07 pm

Discussion about Doncic is more and more bizarre. First was not enough when he played in Euroleague, now it's not enough when he's dominating in national team, playing together with one of the best Nba's point guards and playing against Nba players. Croatia coach said," Doncic is a class or two above anyone on this position in last 15 years in Europe."
And what was meanwhile doing his 1999 generation, who will be his competition in next Draft? Playing in school. :D :D :D
The good news for all haters is that sooner or later he will have a bad game. But be careful, this games are meaningless. :wink:
SportsGuy8
Starter
And1: 1,050

Post#303 » by SportsGuy8 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:30 pm

Yeah, seriously. If Croatian PGs, who were mostly defending Dragic, were the reason for Doncic's performance, shouldn't Dragic have scored like 50 then, even if he's clearly not playing near 100% right now? Yet he went 3/14 for just 8 points. :D

peja_the_legend's Doncic hate is different, though. It's not the usual Euro-doubt, or doubt because of athletic abilities ... It's clearly something deep seeded ... Against a teenage boy!?
juanc
Pro Prospect
And1: 835

Post#304 » by juanc » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:08 pm

peja_the_legend wrote:Amazing stats against the NBA level croatian back court of 47 year old Popovic and whoever else was playing pg for them

You have the highlights video, but I just can't see where Popovič is defending him. Maybe I need new glasses..
You clearly are hurt that Dončič isn't playing for the Serbian NT.. For all of you that haven't heard, Luka has rejected playing for the Serbs even tho their coach Djordjevič went to se him.. And there are many comments from serbian people like: Luka srbine and so on and so on.. They also go deeper than this. Dario is also a serb if you didn't know! His grandgrandgrandgrandma was a serb wich makes him a 100% serb!
Please don't get me wrong. I love Serbia and especially serbian basketball, but posts like this are just absurd...
reanimator
Analyst
And1: 1,448

Post#305 » by reanimator » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:48 pm

The-Power wrote:
reanimator wrote:Lol Lonzo hit plenty of pull-up 3s.

And the point isn't the comparison to Lonzo being bad but that no one would peg him as a scorer.

I don't think anyone would contest that Doncic is a great perimeter shooter.

The issues Lonzo has as a scorer are related to his release among others. Lonzo can't shoot midrange shots consistently because of that and this makes him a shooter from deep basically by default – and that's also why we saw a lot of deep 3's from him before it was contested. Does Doncic have the same issues with his release? No, and that's why I don't see any reason to doubt his midrange game in the future. It's just that those aren't the type of shots you want to take too often and Doncic happens to be smart enough to realize that.

I doubt everything until I see it.

That said, the argument doesn't hold because Doncic doesn't get to the rim and finish at a high clip in the half-court.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#306 » by Bob8 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:04 pm

reanimator wrote:
The-Power wrote:
reanimator wrote:Lol Lonzo hit plenty of pull-up 3s.

And the point isn't the comparison to Lonzo being bad but that no one would peg him as a scorer.

I don't think anyone would contest that Doncic is a great perimeter shooter.

The issues Lonzo has as a scorer are related to his release among others. Lonzo can't shoot midrange shots consistently because of that and this makes him a shooter from deep basically by default – and that's also why we saw a lot of deep 3's from him before it was contested. Does Doncic have the same issues with his release? No, and that's why I don't see any reason to doubt his midrange game in the future. It's just that those aren't the type of shots you want to take too often and Doncic happens to be smart enough to realize that.

That said, the argument doesn't hold because Doncic doesn't get to the rim and finish at a high clip in the half-court.

Which 18 years old player is doing everything in serious competition? If Doncic would be capable to do it all in Euroleague or in National team, he would have been much better than Lebron. I have been watching Porter scoring 40 point against school kids, Drazen Petrovic has been scoring 120 against that kind of competition. If you doubt everything, how can you assess Porter and others? Competition they play against is a joke.
narcolepsy
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#307 » by narcolepsy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:09 pm

reanimator
Analyst

Post#308 » by reanimator » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:36 pm

Bob8 wrote:
reanimator wrote:
The-Power wrote:The issues Lonzo has as a scorer are related to his release among others. Lonzo can't shoot midrange shots consistently because of that and this makes him a shooter from deep basically by default – and that's also why we saw a lot of deep 3's from him before it was contested. Does Doncic have the same issues with his release? No, and that's why I don't see any reason to doubt his midrange game in the future. It's just that those aren't the type of shots you want to take too often and Doncic happens to be smart enough to realize that.

Which 18 years old player is doing everything in serious competition? If Doncic would be capable to do it all in Euroleague or in National team, he would have been much better than Lebron. I have been watching Porter scoring 40 point against school kids, Drazen Petrovic has been scoring 120 against that kind of competition. If you doubt everything, how can you assess Porter and others? Competition they play against is a joke.

Who said Doncic has to "do everything" or that I "doubt everything?"

Just because I'm skeptical of him as a scorer at the highest level does not mean I don't think he does a ton of things well.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#309 » by Bob8 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:44 pm

reanimator wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
reanimator wrote:

Just because I'm skeptical of him as a scorer at the highest level does not mean I don't think he does a ton of things well.

Scoring 27 points in only 13 attempts against very good Croatia is pretty high level. It's not the Nba, but outside Nba is difficult to get much higher level. And his average in 4 games played is 19.8. Ntilikina and others can meanwhile only dream to play in National team once and watch Luka on TV. :wink:
And if you think it's easy to score 27, just look to Dragic and his 8 points in the same amount of shots.
BoardCrusher
Junior
And1: 319

Post#310 » by BoardCrusher » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:47 pm

SportsGuy8 wrote:Supposedly today's game is going to be on YouTube at 18:00 CET (12:00PM ET):

quality looks good, hopefully it wont lag
reanimator
Analyst

Post#311 » by reanimator » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:48 pm

Bob8 wrote:
reanimator wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Scoring 27 points in only 13 attempts against very good Croatia is pretty high level. It's not the Nba, but outside Nba is difficult to get much higher level. And his average in 4 games played is 19.8. Ntilikina and others can meanwhile only dream to play in National team once and watch Luka on TV. :wink:
And if you think it's easy to score 27, just look to Dragic and his 8 points in the same amount of shots.

I don't care "how much" he scored but how he scored them.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#312 » by Bob8 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:57 pm

reanimator wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
reanimator wrote:

I don't care "how much" he scored but how he scored them.

And how did he?
kayath
Sophomore
And1: 202

Post#313 » by kayath » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:58 pm

Slovenia vs Ukraine starting any second now
reanimator
Analyst

Post#314 » by reanimator » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:16 pm

Read on Twitter

agreed
SportsGuy8
Starter

Post#315 » by SportsGuy8 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:21 pm

I wonder how much Doncic is going to play today. He played way too many minutes yesterday ...
kayath
Sophomore
And1: 202

Post#316 » by kayath » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:22 pm

he wont get 30 min for sure maybe 15 min
Grits n Gravy
General Manager
And1: 1,800

Post#317 » by Grits n Gravy » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:23 pm

SportsGuy8
Starter

Post#318 » by SportsGuy8 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:26 pm

kayath wrote:he wont get 30 min for sure maybe 15 min

Yeah. Yesterday's game was a nice indicator how much he's going to play in important games, though. On this team he's going to have to average 30mins.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,597

Post#319 » by UcanUwill » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:34 pm

Decent defense, but offense not going his way at all.
BoardCrusher
Junior
And1: 319

Post#320 » by BoardCrusher » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:35 pm

reanimator wrote:
Read on Twitter

agreed

youre such a **** troll.

Last year when DE had doncic ranked at #1, you had so much to say over DE and how they dont know **** about anything etc.

And now youre here quoting the same people and how you agree with them?

Return to NBA Draft