Trade ideas thread

Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Re: Trade ideas thread 

Post#501 » by skywalker33 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:34 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:That's TERRIBLE for the Nuggets, I am not a Lin fan, guy is STILL overrated...and I am NOT giving Hernangomez away in that deal, he's the real deal !
It is a perfect deal for us for balanced roster per positions, so the only real problem will be if both of this two players don't want to re-sign in 2018. The reason why I put Juancho into this deal, which is a young player who really should be sheltered from trade offers in normal circumstances, is because I'm pretty sure that Knicks will be very attracted by the idea of Hernangomez brothers reunion. For multiple teams trade deals, all involved sides should feel happy and get what they search for before trade, otherwise, it is pointless. Why I constructed such complicated deal when it will be way easy for example just to sent D.Arthur to a T.Ariza - but the problem is why on Earth would Rockets give Ariza to us just because WE NEED such player?

Ariza is already 32 yrs old, so you're ready to trade a promising 21yr old forward with HUGE potential so he can play with his brother ??? DUMB REASON !! It also helps the Rockets get Melo, which only puts us farther under the 8-bal during the year Ariza and Lin are Under Contract (although Lin does have a PO) . As for Lin, guy has a career 3-pt 35%, I'll take a 21-yr old Mudiay $3.5M salary over $12M for about the sale production.

BOTH Ariza and Lin would be backups with limited no more future, not giving up part of our core for 1-yr of "balance", especially when that one year is moot since you're empowering a divisional rival :roll:

Hey, like it all you want but I think the idea doesn't help us out, I vote NO !!
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,484

Post#502 » by THE J0KER » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:29 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Ariza is already 32 yrs old and you're ready to trade a 21yr old forward with HUGE potential so he can play with his brother ??? DUMB REASON !! It also helps the Rockets get Melo, which only puts us farther under the 8-ball.

BOTH Ariza and Lin would be backups with limited no more future, not giving up part of our core for 1-yr of "balance", especially when that one year is moot since you're empowering a divisional rival :roll:

Hey, like it all you want but I think the idea doesn't help us out, I vote NO !!
With or without this deal Houston are already TOP3 team in the West and TOP5 in the league, so there is not exist kind of risk which we already suffered this year twice after bad deals with Portland and Utah.

Trevor Ariza is not perfect, but he would be very good for us from several reasons because he is: SF, good defenseman, can shoot 3pt, cheap, played playoff 8 times for 4 different teams (kind of experience and winning culture which our young team need)...

And at the end, I will repeat once again, that on this "trade ideas" thread would be useless if we care only about Denver side, because what is the point to create some deal and present here if it is against common sense from point of view of the other side involved. We need to improve our PG and SF solutions and reduce that giant number of PF players, Houston needs Mello and to get rid of bad Ryan Andersson contract, New York needs replacement for PF Anthony and some young asset, and Brooklyn can absorb many bad contracts but also needs young assets and several decent players to play for them next season to escape total humiliation with their weak team. So I tried to fulfill expectations of all 4 sides in this jumbo deal, not only ours. Faried, Hernangomez, Mudiay, Arthur, Nelson, where any of them (except Faried) will probably not be used more than 15 minutes per game, for Ariza and Lin with their full usage around 25 minutes per game on our currently weakest PG and SF spot looks good to me.

BTW times and changed now, just ignore exceptional GSW case, look for example this article where the title only is enough to get my point:
John Wall Is Only Player From 2010 Draft Class With Original Team
skywalker33

Post#503 » by skywalker33 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:09 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Ariza is already 32 yrs old and you're ready to trade a 21yr old forward with HUGE potential so he can play with his brother ??? DUMB REASON !! It also helps the Rockets get Melo, which only puts us farther under the 8-ball.

With or without this deal Houston are already TOP3 team in the West and TOP5 in the league, so there is not exist kind of risk which we already suffered this year twice after bad deals with Portland and Utah.

Trevor Ariza is not perfect, but he would be very good for us from several reasons because he is: SF, good defenseman, can shoot 3pt, cheap, played playoff 8 times for 4 different teams (kind of experience and winning culture which our young team need)...

And at the end, I will repeat once again, that on this "trade ideas" thread would be useless if we care only about Denver side, because what is the point to create some deal and present here if it is against common sense from point of view of the other side involved. We need to improve our PG and SF solutions and reduce that giant number of PF players, Houston needs Mello and to get rid of bad Ryan Andersson contract, New York needs replacement for PF Anthony and some young asset, and Brooklyn can absorb many bad contracts but also needs young assets and several decent players to play for them next season to escape total humiliation with their weak team. So I tried to fulfill expectations of all 4 sides in this jumbo deal, not only ours. Faried, Hernangomez, Mudiay, Arthur, Nelson, where any of them (except Faried) will probably not be used more than 15 minutes per game, for Ariza and Lin with their full usage around 25 minutes per game on our currently weakest PG and SF spot looks good to me.

BTW times and changed now, just ignore exceptional GSW case, look for example this article where the title only is enough to get my point:
John Wall Is Only Player From 2010 Draft Class With Original Team

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree as I'm not willing to give away building blocks for 1-yr rentals who won't make a difference in our future.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#504 » by NuggetsWY » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:11 pm

THE J0KER wrote:Here is blockbuster trade able to finish Mello saga and to help us to improve PG and SF spot.

To Rockets: C.Anthony
To Knicks: J.Hernangomez, K.Faried
To Nets: R.Anderson, E.Mudiay, D.Arthur
To Nuggets: T.Ariza, J.Lin

Lin-Harris-Ariza-Millsap-Jokic with great Murray-Burton-Chandler-Plumlee bench would fight with OKC and MIN for 4-5 spots on West, but the question is will Lin stays healthy and will he and Ariza re-sign in 2018.

I can't agree to this deal. Fortunately 4 team trades are extremely difficult to pull off.

Nuggets give up a probable future starter in Hernangomez, or at least a solid bench player. Faried is good, but expendable. Arthur is also expendable. Mudiay just needs this year to prove he's either good or not so good. So that's two young prospects, one solid role player and seldom used bench player. In exchange for that, we'd get two players that will be past their prime when our young players are ready to play. Both would be bench players and Lin especially would see very little playing time behind Nelson & Murray.

Yup, 2 potential future starters, one solid starter, one bench player -for- two bench players, one 28 years old and one 32 years old. Sure we need veterans, but not these two.

Rockets 2-for-1
Knicks 1-for-2
Nets 1-for-3 and they already have a full roster
Nuggets 4-for-2 --- sure frees up open roster slots but too steep a price
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,484

Post#505 » by THE J0KER » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:44 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree as I'm not willing to give away building blocks for 1-yr rentals who won't make a difference in our future.

If Ariza and Lin become happy with us in 2017-18 it should be more easy to sign with them a new contract. After all, they are not George and CP3, I doubt they will get too many good offers next summer, much more likely similar to Plumlee case, so once they come here we can keep them for another or two years.
NuggetsWY wrote:I can't agree to this deal. Fortunately 4 team trades are extremely difficult to pull off.

BTW, the reason why I "right from nowhere" suggested such risky and difficult trade today, is because tonights NBA headline is renewed negotiations between New York and Houston about Mello deal and leaked information that they trying to find the third team to send Ryan Anderson. Of course, we can't be that third side, because we can't handle Anderson 20M per season bad contract, but we can be involved in the 4-teams deal, and I give my best to find some way.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#506 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:43 am

THE J0KER wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree as I'm not willing to give away building blocks for 1-yr rentals who won't make a difference in our future.

If Ariza and Lin become happy with us in 2017-18 it should be more easy to sign with them a new contract. After all, they are not George and CP3, I doubt they will get too many good offers next summer, much more likely similar to Plumlee case, so once they come here we can keep them for another or two years.

Perhaps there's a reason they will be easier to sign?
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#507 » by NuggetsWY » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:55 pm

Who should the Nuggets trade? Perhaps that is a question we should consider. Everyone knows I abhor trading our young players. :lol: It just doesn't seem like we have enough young forwards - although I can understand perhaps trading one of our four young guards. But who should we trade?

We can consider this by position, but why not consider it from a contracts-basis?

Nelson & Barton will be on expiring contracts. If we do not trade them, we either re-sign them or lose them for nothing. Re-signing them as FAs will probably cost more than Denver might want to pay.

Chandler & Arthur both have player options at the end of the upcoming season. Assuming they exercise their option, as Gallinari did, Denver can choose to compete to sign them as FA, probably costing more, or lose them for nothing.

Barton is probably the only one that fits with the Nuggets future.
Nelson seems unlikely in the future because of his age and because with Morris, the Nuggets have 3 young PGs.
Arthur Is nice to have on the team, but it's hard to see him playing a role - without playing time, his value plummets.
Chandler, if he gets back to the pre-2016-2017 form on defense, would be nice to have, at least until a better, younger SF is found.
skywalker33

Post#508 » by skywalker33 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:03 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:Who should the Nuggets trade? Perhaps that is a question we should consider. Everyone knows I abhor trading our young players. :lol: It just doesn't seem like we have enough young forwards - although I can understand perhaps trading one of our four young guards. But who should we trade?

We can consider this by position, but why not consider it from a contracts-basis?

Nelson & Barton will be on expiring contracts. If we do not trade them, we either re-sign them or lose them for nothing. Re-signing them as FAs will probably cost more than Denver might want to pay.

Chandler & Arthur both have player options at the end of the upcoming season. Assuming they exercise their option, as Gallinari did, Denver can choose to compete to sign them as FA, probably costing more, or lose them for nothing.

Nelson seems unlikely in the future because of his age and because with Morris, the Nuggets have 3 young PGs.
Arthur Is nice to have on the team, but it's hard to see him playing a role - without playing time, his value plummets.
Chandler, if he gets back to the pre-2016-2017 form on defense, would be nice to have, at least until a better, younger SF is found.

If we just let them walk, technically we do get cap space which, now that Milsap has signed, does have a bit more significance than in previous years. I've heard the Nuggets do have interest in resigning both Barton and Chandler( if his attitude comes around) but I'm not sure of the fit with Barton as he's a bit too ball-dominant even though he can score off that 2nd unit. His shooting .pct's and efficiency have to get better though. I'd like to resign Chandler, I think he'll flourish as a starting SF next to Milsap and Jokic, even hope his defensive prowess will increase as we won't NEED his offense as much.

Nelson, if he isn't traded is gone after this year, won't be surprised if he retires, He's to hoping Malone shows him that path :wink:

Not sure about Arthur, hope his knee can get better and he can return to the floor as that would probably get him to opt-out looking for more PT.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#509 » by The Rebel » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:21 am

THE J0KER wrote:

NuggetsWY wrote:I can't agree to this deal. Fortunately 4 team trades are extremely difficult to pull off.

BTW, the reason why I "right from nowhere" suggested such risky and difficult trade today, is because tonights NBA headline is renewed negotiations between New York and Houston about Mello deal and leaked information that they trying to find the third team to send Ryan Anderson. Of course, we can't be that third side, because we can't handle Anderson 20M per season bad contract, but we can be involved in the 4-teams deal, and I give my best to find some way.

Ariza and Lin are the last type of players we should be trading for, they are average players who will get average starter money. You bring those types you bring in when you already have your stars in place and developed. A year from now when the young guys show what they can do then we can bring in those guys to fill holes.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#510 » by The Rebel » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:01 am

skywalker33 wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:Who should the Nuggets trade? Perhaps that is a question we should consider. Everyone knows I abhor trading our young players. :lol: It just doesn't seem like we have enough young forwards - although I can understand perhaps trading one of our four young guards. But who should we trade?

If we just let them walk, technically we do get cap space which, now that Milsap has signed, does have a bit more significance than in previous years. I've heard the Nuggets do have interest in resigning both Barton and Chandler( if his attitude comes around) but I'm not sure of the fit with Barton as he's a bit too ball-dominant even though he can score off that 2nd unit. His shooting .pct's and efficiency have to get better though. I'd like to resign Chandler, I think he'll flourish as a starting SF next to Milsap and Jokic, even hope his defensive prowess will increase as we won't NEED his offense as much.

Nelson, if he isn't traded is gone after this year, won't be surprised if he retires, He's to hoping Malone shows him that path :wink:

Not sure about Arthur, hope his knee can get better and he can return to the floor as that would probably get him to opt-out looking for more PT.

I don't see Arthur opting out if there is not a trade moving a PF or 2. He will likely struggle to get enough minutes to justify a deal bigger than what he has.

I don't see any reason to bring back Chandler, with the attitude and injury issues I would hesitate, with his age it would be an easy no to me. With no other moves we should have about $27 million in cap space, that can get a very good SF if Hernangomez ends up being a 4 as we all expect.

Barton needs to be moved Asap if the plan is to have Mudiay as the backup PG, they are terrible together and I don't think Barton should be in our long-term plans.

Nelson is likely done after this year but at this point should be kept as the 3rd PG.
skywalker33

Post#511 » by skywalker33 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:28 am

The Rebel wrote:I don't see Arthur opting out if there is not a trade moving a PF or 2. He will likely struggle to get enough minutes to justify a deal bigger than what he has.

Yea, his treatment over in Germany will be a big factor in his future, if it works and he sees some/any PT I could see him wanting something more than practicing and collecting a paycheck. If he doesn't show any health increase, at age 30 he may retire, seems this treatment is his last resort IMO.

The Rebel wrote:I don't see any reason to bring back Chandler, with the attitude and injury issues I would hesitate, with his age it would be an easy no to me. With no other moves we should have about $27 million in cap space, that can get a very good SF if Hernangomez ends up being a 4 as we all expect.

With a more defined role. consistent PT and the potential of the playoffs (probably will get his fill), I don't see Chandler remaining a malcontent. If he does opt out we'll have a hard time replacing him, I don't see a lot of decent SF's in the 2018 free agent class so a trade, draft pick or Juancho would be his replacement. Not great options if he is leaving.

The Rebel wrote:Barton needs to be moved Asap if the plan is to have Mudiay as the backup PG, they are terrible together and I don't think Barton should be in our long-term plans.

Totally concur with this one, although I think it will happen at or just prior to the trade deadline, especially with our shot at the playoffs this year.

SoCalNuggsFan
Senior
And1: 440

Post#512 » by SoCalNuggsFan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:22 am

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:I don't see Arthur opting out if there is not a trade moving a PF or 2. He will likely struggle to get enough minutes to justify a deal bigger than what he has.

Yea, his treatment over in Germany will be a big factor in his future, if it works and he sees some/any PT I could see him wanting something more than practicing and collecting a paycheck. If he doesn't show any health increase, at age 30 he may retire, seems this treatment is his last resort IMO.

The Rebel wrote:I don't see any reason to bring back Chandler, with the attitude and injury issues I would hesitate, with his age it would be an easy no to me. With no other moves we should have about $27 million in cap space, that can get a very good SF if Hernangomez ends up being a 4 as we all expect.

With a more defined role. consistent PT and the potential of the playoffs (probably will get his fill), I don't see Chandler remaining a malcontent. If he does opt out we'll have a hard time replacing him, I don't see a lot of decent SF's in the 2018 free agent class so a trade, draft pick or Juancho would be his replacement. Not great options if he is leaving.

The Rebel wrote:Barton needs to be moved Asap if the plan is to have Mudiay as the backup PG, they are terrible together and I don't think Barton should be in our long-term plans.

Totally concur with this one, although I think it will happen at or just prior to the trade deadline, especially with our shot at the playoffs this year.

LeBron, Paul George, and probably KD. And I think melo can ETO. There's also a few good RFAs and a bunch of role player-ish vets. It's arguably the most stacked SF free agency ever.
skywalker33

Post#513 » by skywalker33 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:19 pm

SoCalNuggsFan wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

LeBron, Paul George, and probably KD. And I think melo can ETO. There's also a few good RFAs and a bunch of role player-ish vets. It's arguably the most stacked SF free agency ever.

LBJ would be taking a significant decrease in paying him at $27M, KD just signed a 2-yr discounted $53M contract to stay with the W's and PG13 has stated he'd likely sign with the Lakers, his hometown team ??? Which of those do you think we have a shot at ?? Not sure we want Melo back and the next best IMO is Chandler, There are some unproven guys we could take a chance on like Kyle Anderson or Doug McDermott but might as well go into the draft there. You may see it as stacked, but the aces seem a bit spoken for already.

SoCalNuggsFan
Senior

Post#514 » by SoCalNuggsFan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:45 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
SoCalNuggsFan wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

LBJ would be taking a significant decrease in paying him at $27M, KD just signed a 2-yr discounted $53M contract to stay with the W's and PG13 has stated he'd likely sign with the Lakers, his hometown team ??? Which of those do you think we have a shot at ?? Not sure we want Melo back and the next best IMO is Chandler, There are some unproven guys we could take a chance on like Kyle Anderson or Doug McDermott but might as well go into the draft there. You may see it as stacked, but the aces seem a bit spoken for already.

A lot can change in a year. Players are already starting to notice how great Jokic is. If Murray takes a big step forward this year I don't think it's a stretch to say a great SF might want to be surrounded by Murray/Harris/Millsap/Jokic. A year ago if you told me we'd sign millsap this year I would've thought it's a bad move on each side. But, Jokic takes a big step, Harris takes a step and the goals change to making the playoffs, and millsap is a great add.

Maybe lonzo has a really bad year this year. I know PG grew up in California and he may not care all that much about winning, but is he really gonna go sign away the rest of his prime years with a team that has nothing going for it?

What if we surprise people and make a deep playoff run? Maybe lebron sees all the pieces just entering their primes and thinks, "if there's anywhere I can get 3 more rings to catch Jordan it's there and not playing with washed wade and inefficient melo."

I'm just saying, it's a stacked class. You can't say it's not because you don't think we'll get any of them. There's still 4 future hall of famers out there, and you never know.

If we don't get either of them, throw a big offer sheet at Jabari Parker or Norman Powell.
skywalker33

Post#515 » by skywalker33 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:12 pm

SoCalNuggsFan wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
SoCalNuggsFan wrote:LeBron, Paul George, and probably KD. And I think melo can ETO. There's also a few good RFAs and a bunch of role player-ish vets. It's arguably the most stacked SF free agency ever.

A lot can change in a year. Players are already starting to notice how great Jokic is. If Murray takes a big step forward this year I don't think it's a stretch to say a great SF might want to be surrounded by Murray/Harris/Millsap/Jokic. A year ago if you told me we'd sign millsap this year I would've thought it's a bad move on each side. But, Jokic takes a big step, Harris takes a step and the goals change to making the playoffs, and millsap is a great add.

Maybe lonzo has a really bad year this year. I know PG grew up in California and he may not care all that much about winning, but is he really gonna go sign away the rest of his prime years with a team that has nothing going for it?

What if we surprise people and make a deep playoff run? Maybe lebron sees all the pieces just entering their primes and thinks, "if there's anywhere I can get 3 more rings to catch Jordan it's there and not playing with washed wade and inefficient melo."

I'm just saying, it's a stacked class. You can't say it's not because you don't think we'll get any of them. There's still 4 future hall of famers out there, and you never know.

If we don't get either of them, throw a big offer sheet at Jabari Parker or Norman Powell.

I'd love to think you're right, just does seem improbable to me. Funny thin is LBJ seems like the likeliest of the 4...

SoCalNuggsFan
Senior

Post#516 » by SoCalNuggsFan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:02 am

skywalker33 wrote:
SoCalNuggsFan wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

I'd love to think you're right, just does seem improbable to me. Funny thin is LBJ seems like the likeliest of the 4...

I'd go

PG
Lebron
Melo
KD

Maybe a year of frustrating ISO ball will push PG into wanting to play with Jokic, the polar opposite of Westbrook.

But back to the original point. Even if none of those guys want to be here, there's still vets like Ariza, joe Johnson, Luc Richard mbah a moute who can step in as role players. I just don't think it's a problem for us if chandler doesn't want to be here after this year. That's 9 starter level SFs available (and I'm probably missing some). Can't ask for much more than that.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#517 » by NuggetsWY » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:21 am

SoCalNuggsFan wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
SoCalNuggsFan wrote:A lot can change in a year. Players are already starting to notice how great Jokic is. If Murray takes a big step forward this year I don't think it's a stretch to say a great SF might want to be surrounded by Murray/Harris/Millsap/Jokic. A year ago if you told me we'd sign millsap this year I would've thought it's a bad move on each side. But, Jokic takes a big step, Harris takes a step and the goals change to making the playoffs, and millsap is a great add.

I'd go

PG
Lebron
Melo
KD

Maybe a year of frustrating ISO ball will push PG into wanting to play with Jokic, the polar opposite of Westbrook.

But back to the original point. Even if none of those guys want to be here, there's still vets like Ariza, joe Johnson, Luc Richard mbah a moute who can step in as role players. I just don't think it's a problem for us if chandler doesn't want to be here after this year. That's 9 starter level SFs available (and I'm probably missing some). Can't ask for much more than that.

I agree with your premise that we have options.
I'd disagree with some of your selections. The top of my do-not-trade-for-list would be Carmelo Anthony. He is the antithesis of a good fit with Jokic. Paul George would be second on that list of doesn't-fit - but I wouldn't be upset with signing him because I think he'd adjust fairly well. LeBron doesn't fit next to Jokic but he's just so good, how could anyone not want him. He doesn't do any one thing well but he does everything fairly well. Best of all, he shares the ball and brings an attitude of win-win-win (and I don't mean each game, he wants a championship or he's not happy). Kevin Durrant would be the best fit of those four IMO. That's why he fits well on Golden State.

Ideally the Nuggets have a veteran SF next year, Chandler at his best is fine and they find a young SF with decent upside. They don't need a superstar at either forward position (if Murray becomes what we expect), they just need above average at both forward spots. Millsap works at PF for 2+ years, so SF would be the apparent priority. But then again, silly me, I didn't realize they were going to let Gallinari walk and ignore SF by going for Millsap plus two more PFs when they already had 3 other PFs. :banghead:
SoCalNuggsFan
Senior

Post#518 » by SoCalNuggsFan » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:02 am

NuggetsWY wrote:
SoCalNuggsFan wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

I'd go

PG
Lebron
Melo
KD

I agree with your premise that we have options.
I'd disagree with some of your selections. The top of my do-not-trade-for-list would be Carmelo Anthony. He is the antithesis of a good fit with Jokic. Paul George would be second on that list of doesn't-fit - but I wouldn't be upset with signing him because I think he'd adjust fairly well. LeBron doesn't fit next to Jokic but he's just so good, how could anyone not want him. He doesn't do any one thing well but he does everything fairly well. Best of all, he shares the ball and brings an attitude of win-win-win (and I don't mean each game, he wants a championship or he's not happy). Kevin Durrant would be the best fit of those four IMO. That's why he fits well on Golden State.

Ideally the Nuggets have a veteran SF next year, Chandler at his best is fine and they find a young SF with decent upside. They don't need a superstar at either forward position (if Murray becomes what we expect), they just need above average at both forward spots. Millsap works at PF for 2+ years, so SF would be the apparent priority. But then again, silly me, I didn't realize they were going to let Gallinari walk and ignore SF by going for Millsap plus two more PFs when they already had 3 other PFs. :banghead:

I think Jokic and Lebron is an unbelievably good fit. Probably the 2 best passers in the league. Lebron has been typecasted as a guy that needs to have the ball in his hands all the time but all he's really ever played with is one on one players, spot up shooters and finishers besides Wade. He's never really had anyone else to keep a ball movement based offense going like Jokic and millsap would.

I think at his age Lebron would be open to letting Jokic take the primary shot creating duties aff his hands for long stretches to save himself for the 4th quarter. And man, a Jokic/Millsap/Lebron front court with Harris cutting and Murray running thru screens and spotting up would be absolutely unstoppable. Should be good defensively too. And a helluva lot of fun to watch.
lakerhater
General Manager
And1: 1,887

Post#519 » by lakerhater » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:55 am

GSW fan with a question for Nuggets fans.

Would you deal Juancho and/or Lyles for Willie Cauley-Stein? Add value where needed to round out the deal.

I figured this would be a way to consolidate a PF or 2 into a defensive big who can play alongside either Jokic or Millsap as a defensive complement to each of them.

Sac is really thin at PF and might well be interested in especially Juancho. There has also been a little noise that WCS doesn't like Sac and would prefer to be elsewhere.

I know you guys need SF depth so this might be a no go but maybe Richardson and/or Temple could be included in some fashion.

Just spitballing out loud in the summer doldrums for my 2 favorite non GSW teams who I think might be able to help each other one way or another.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#520 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:32 am

lakerhater wrote:GSW fan with a question for Nuggets fans.

Would you deal Juancho and/or Lyles for Willie Cauley-Stein? Add value where needed to round out the deal.

I figured this would be a way to consolidate a PF or 2 into a defensive big who can play alongside either Jokic or Millsap as a defensive complement to each of them.

Sac is really thin at PF and might well be interested in especially Juancho. There has also been a little noise that WCS doesn't like Sac and would prefer to be elsewhere.

I know you guys need SF depth so this might be a no go but maybe Richardson and/or Temple could be included in some fashion.

Just spitballing out loud in the summer doldrums for my 2 favorite non GSW teams who I think might be able to help each other one way or another.

Nugget fans' comments last year were mixed on Cauley-Stein. Some liked him, some didn't; but he didn't inspire much passion. There hasn't been much discussion this year. IMO he's a defensive center that doesn't even average 10 rebounds per 35 minutes. That's worrisome. He's obviously not a great scorer and he only averages about 2 assists per 35 minutes. The backup to Jokic needs to be a decent passer or the Nuggets will have to play two very different styles. Also, he's a poor fit next to Jokic because he can't stretch the floor. So again, the fit isn't right for the Nuggets' style IMO.

I wouldn't object to acquiring Cauly-Stein myself, but I would never be interested in trading Hernangomez for him. Consider Lyles or Lydon or Faried or Arthur (the later two wouldn't work for cap reasons); so if you want to do that, a two-for-one has to be done before the Nuggets fill their 15th roster spot or they are throwing away $$$.

Return to Denver Nuggets