ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Jeter Buys Marlins for $1.2 Billion!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

BKlutch
RealGM
And1: 13,254
Location: A new land of openness, freedom, and defense for all.

Re: OT: Jeter Buys Marlins for $1.2 Billion! 

Post#21 » by BKlutch » Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:27 pm

Jesus Juice wrote:I would agree that it doesn't sound right having jeter involved in anything in MLB that isn't Yankees related.. but I get it, it is his second career.. and while he will always be remembered for his days in pinstripes, if this goes well Jeter's name could be attached to the marlins for the next 30 years.. an honestly the marlins need that. I just hope I don't end up hating Jeter like how I hate Pat Riley

With all the outrageous news we've heard over the past few months, I think that I'll somehow learn to deal with this.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Caramel_Anton
Junior
And1: 97

Post#22 » by Caramel_Anton » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:22 pm

You guys are douches for getting pissed or having mixed feelings about Jeter buying a baseball franchise. You think they just hold a yearly auction for every franchise? He obviously would probably have preferred to own the Yankees but let the man do what he loves and get back into the world of baseball. I still think Jeter is the GOAT, idc what anyone says I love the guy he was insanely loyal, insanely clutch, insanely mature and just an all around stand up guy and great role model.

Have some #RE2PECT
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#23 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:26 pm

Caramel_Anton wrote:You guys are douches for getting pissed or having mixed feelings about Jeter buying a baseball franchise. You think they just hold a yearly auction for every franchise? He obviously would probably have preferred to own the Yankees but let the man do what he loves and get back into the world of baseball. I still think Jeter is the GOAT, idc what anyone says I love the guy he was insanely loyal, insanely clutch, insanely mature and just an all around stand up guy and great role model.

Have some #RE2PECT

Nobody is a douche for having their own feelings about a guy who was the heart and soul of the Yankees for a generation.

Offense propelled by our Brunson Burner. Defense powered by OG, our after-burner.

Caramel_Anton
Junior

Post#24 » by Caramel_Anton » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:30 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Caramel_Anton wrote:You guys are douches for getting pissed or having mixed feelings about Jeter buying a baseball franchise. You think they just hold a yearly auction for every franchise? He obviously would probably have preferred to own the Yankees but let the man do what he loves and get back into the world of baseball. I still think Jeter is the GOAT, idc what anyone says I love the guy he was insanely loyal, insanely clutch, insanely mature and just an all around stand up guy and great role model.

Have some #RE2PECT

Nobody is a douche for having their own feelings about a guy who was the heart and soul of the Yankees for a generation.

I shouldn't of said that. Everyone is BEING a douche. Not that they are douches. I just think it's absolutely ludicrous to expect the guy to just not jump on a literal billion dollar business opportunity to obviously do something he loves. Let the man live, he is the greatest Yankee of all time and as a life-long Bronx born Yankee fan I think he deserves it. He deserves 12 virgins in his bed every night. Dude is a legend and brought me, my friends and family years of excitement and joy when I couldn't look to my only other favorite professional sports team for that.

Everyone is entitled to their feelings and I am entitled to call them on their bullsh*t. Let the man live.
BKlutch
RealGM

Post#25 » by BKlutch » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:38 pm

Caramel_Anton wrote:
BKlutch wrote:

Have some #RE2PECT

I shouldn't of said that. Everyone is BEING a douche. Not that they are douches. I just think it's absolutely ludicrous to expect the guy to just not jump on a literal billion dollar business opportunity to obviously do something he loves. Let the man live, he is the greatest Yankee of all time and as a life-long Bronx born Yankee fan I think he deserves it. He deserves 12 virgins in his bed every night. Dude is a legend and brought me, my friends and family years of excitement and joy when I couldn't look to my only other favorite professional sports team for that.

Everyone is entitled to their feelings and I am entitled to call them on their bullsh*t. Let the man live.

Hehe, now you and I can (mostly) agree. I think lots of us love the man for what he's done and who he is. I certainly wouldn't want him to have less than the best in his life. But I still wish he was doing this for us (even though I certainly understand that no matter how much the Steinbrenners loved him, they don't love anybody enough to let them join the inner circle).

Caramel_Anton
Junior

Post#26 » by Caramel_Anton » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:47 pm

BKlutch wrote:
Caramel_Anton wrote:
BKlutch wrote:Nobody is a douche for having their own feelings about a guy who was the heart and soul of the Yankees for a generation.

Hehe, now you and I can (mostly) agree. I think lots of us love the man for what he's done and who he is. I certainly wouldn't want him to have less than the best in his life. But I still wish he was doing this for us (even though I certainly understand that no matter how much the Steinbrenners loved him, they don't love anybody enough to let them join the inner circle).

Of course it would be epic if he did something for us, but how selfish does that sound...

Return to New York Knicks