ImageImageImageImageImage

Official MMA discussion thread: UFC 231 Holloway vs Ortega finally!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,434

Re: Official MMA discussion thread (UFC 214 pg 24) 

Post#621 » by j4remi » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:40 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:Yea, i think Wonderboy is trying to negotiate his fight against Masividal to be a 'number 1 contender' fight, and also trying to get more money.

UFC 217 at MSG looks like will be loaded with
GSP Bisping (title)
Joanna Namajunas (title)
Dillawshaw Garbrandt (title)
Cyborg Holm (title)
Wonderboy Masvida (#1 contender)

id assume hollaway v edgar gets pushed to December card once Hollaway gets paid

It could be a really epic one for NYC, but the NY commission needs to step their game up. They've had issues with virtually every event so far and that's a scary thought with the UFC stacking title fights and epic match-ups.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,039

Post#622 » by bringbackhoffa » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:51 pm

j4remi wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:Yea, i think Wonderboy is trying to negotiate his fight against Masividal to be a 'number 1 contender' fight, and also trying to get more money.

UFC 217 at MSG looks like will be loaded with
GSP Bisping (title)
Joanna Namajunas (title)
Dillawshaw Garbrandt (title)
Cyborg Holm (title)
Wonderboy Masvida (#1 contender)

id assume hollaway v edgar gets pushed to December card once Hollaway gets paid

It could be a really epic one for NYC, but the NY commission needs to step their game up. They've had issues with virtually every event so far and that's a scary thought with the UFC stacking title fights and epic match-ups.

You would think Tony would want to fight Khabib at MSG as well.. though he stated he wanted to fight in Sept and Khabib was pushing for October.

they better not thin themselves out too much for the december card and be banking on a McGregor comeback..
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#623 » by j4remi » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:56 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:You would think Tony would want to fight Khabib at MSG as well.. though he stated he wanted to fight in Sept and Khabib was pushing for October.

they better not thin themselves out too much for the december card and be banking on a McGregor comeback..

The newest rumor is that Tony is now negotiating to fight Kevin Lee instead but with September so close, Idk how they'll squeeze it in unless they push that for December. That'd free up Khabib for a completely undeserved title fight having missed weight but Conor wants that fight and WME doesn't have the Fertita toughness...though I hope anything else because Khabib shouldn't be rewarded after tiramisu-gate.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,039

Post#624 » by bringbackhoffa » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:12 pm

j4remi wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:You would think Tony would want to fight Khabib at MSG as well.. though he stated he wanted to fight in Sept and Khabib was pushing for October.

The newest rumor is that Tony is now negotiating to fight Kevin Lee instead but with September so close, Idk how they'll squeeze it in unless they push that for December. That'd free up Khabib for a completely undeserved title fight having missed weight but Conor wants that fight and WME doesn't have the Fertita toughness...though I hope anything else because Khabib shouldn't be rewarded after tiramisu-gate.

Conner already lining up another boxing fight against Paulie..who know when he will be back in the octagan. He probably would want a $25 million guarantee just to consider with a matching win bonus to even consider.

also tony vs lee does not for me really.
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
kej718
Sixth Man
And1: 499

Post#625 » by kej718 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:48 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
j4remi wrote:

Conner already lining up another boxing fight against Paulie..who know when he will be back in the octagan. He probably would want a $25 million guarantee just to consider with a matching win bonus to even consider.

He would make a lot more in boxing. It's crazy to see how much of the UFC talent is leaving the sport early to make money in other places. They need to pay those guys more. :nonono:
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#626 » by j4remi » Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:19 am

kej718 wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:

He would make a lot more in boxing. It's crazy to see how much of the UFC talent is leaving the sport early to make money in other places. They need to pay those guys more. :nonono:

Very true, the Paulie fight really has sold itself. But he's gotta at least show something in the Floyd fight first. His performance in that fight could really impact interest in his next boxing match and send him back to the UFC. Looks like Lee vs Ferguson for UFC 216, Okamoto said it's for an interim belt. I'm not sure if that means the UFC is rushing to get line up a challenger for December since they're confident Conor will return; or if it means they think they'll need a stand in champion because they're uncertain about when or if Conor will return.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#627 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:22 am

j4remi wrote:
kej718 wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:

Very true, the Paulie fight really has sold itself. But he's gotta at least show something in the Floyd fight first. His performance in that fight could really impact interest in his next boxing match and send him back to the UFC. Looks like Lee vs Ferguson for UFC 216, Okamoto said it's for an interim belt. I'm not sure if that means the UFC is rushing to get line up a challenger for December since they're confident Conor will return; or if it means they think they'll need a stand in champion because they're uncertain about when or if Conor will return.

So Khabib will probably fight the winner of Lee v. Ferguson if Conor isn't ready or is doing other stuff?
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#628 » by j4remi » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:16 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
So Khabib will probably fight the winner of Lee v. Ferguson if Conor isn't ready or is doing other stuff?

My guess is that Khabib will be lined up for a fight in November or December against another top rated LW. The most deserving name outside of Lee and El Cucuy would be Edson Barboza which is a pretty nice match-up for Khabib though he'd have to avoid getting caught. That'd basically align the top 4 fighters in the division that aren't named Conor. Then they'd have a ready-made title fight in Conor's absence but also a clear number one contender and a clear back-up plan in the on-deck circle as well.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,785

Post#629 » by matchman » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:40 pm

Seems the MSG UFC event is something to look forward to....
Are you fans of the team or the player?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#630 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:39 pm

j4remi wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

My guess is that Khabib will be lined up for a fight in November or December against another top rated LW. The most deserving name outside of Lee and El Cucuy would be Edson Barboza which is a pretty nice match-up for Khabib though he'd have to avoid getting caught. That'd basically align the top 4 fighters in the division that aren't named Conor. Then they'd have a ready-made title fight in Conor's absence but also a clear number one contender and a clear back-up plan in the on-deck circle as well.

Oh man, that avi/gif is killing me. :noway:
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#631 » by j4remi » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:53 am

Finally got my tactics article for the Mayweather/Conor fight up,
https://fteswl.com/2017/08/21/conors-weapons-and-floyds-flaws-if-he-shocks-the-world-heres-how/

UFC in MSG might become a yearly big event. Looks like Cody vs TJ, Bisping vs GSP and Wonderboy vs Masvidal all on the card along with the two biggest up and coming Brazilian fighters (Borrachina vs Hendricks and Cutelaba vs Antigulov). Firas Zahabi's brother in on the card too which is cool to watch develop.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#632 » by j4remi » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:48 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

My plan was to hunt the Ngannou/JDS fight for a new gif but this happened,

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/08/junior-dos-santos-rep-team-wants-2-supplements-tested-for-source-of-hydrochlorothiazide?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=599bcf6a04d3016f2e7be0c6&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

“The level of hydrochlorothiazide listed on his USADA result was ‘low.’ Additionally, the specific gravity reading of Junior’s urine sample was 1.025, indicating that the sample was not diluted. We understand the concentrated urine sample to mean that the low level of hydrochlorothiazide in Junior’s system had no diuretic effect on his sample.

We are learning about some recent anti-doping cases where low levels of hydrochlorothiazide have been the result of supplement contamination, and even contaminated ground water. A 2016 study published by the National Institute of Health found that over-the-counter NSAIDs left hydrochlorothiazide traces.

Our goal now is simply to determine the unintended source of the hydrochlorothiazide. To that end, we have identified two nutritional supplements that Junior recently began using – neither of which show hydrochlorothiazide anywhere on their respective labels or ingredient lists – and are working with USADA to test both. Hopefully that gets us answers.

All drug tests that Junior has taken – both prior to and post implementation of the USADA program – have been negative, including blood and urine samples he provided on July 10 of this year. He prides himself on being a clean athlete, and looks forward to resolving this matter.

This JDS story is bizarre. I remember reading after Mir's failed test that there are legitimately countries where you're not supposed to eat the meat because you could fail an USADA test but even ground water could spark a fail now? These dudes have so many ways to get screwed if that's the case. I'm just beyond disappointed the Ngannou is losing this big opportunity to jump in the title discussion and the fight I was most amped for on the PPV is gone...Canada got hosed on this one while their boy is fighting in NYC not too long after.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#633 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:53 pm

j4remi wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

My plan was to hunt the Ngannou/JDS fight for a new gif but this happened,

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/08/junior-dos-santos-rep-team-wants-2-supplements-tested-for-source-of-hydrochlorothiazide?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=599bcf6a04d3016f2e7be0c6&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

“The level of hydrochlorothiazide listed on his USADA result was ‘low.’ Additionally, the specific gravity reading of Junior’s urine sample was 1.025, indicating that the sample was not diluted. We understand the concentrated urine sample to mean that the low level of hydrochlorothiazide in Junior’s system had no diuretic effect on his sample.

We are learning about some recent anti-doping cases where low levels of hydrochlorothiazide have been the result of supplement contamination, and even contaminated ground water. A 2016 study published by the National Institute of Health found that over-the-counter NSAIDs left hydrochlorothiazide traces.

Our goal now is simply to determine the unintended source of the hydrochlorothiazide. To that end, we have identified two nutritional supplements that Junior recently began using – neither of which show hydrochlorothiazide anywhere on their respective labels or ingredient lists – and are working with USADA to test both. Hopefully that gets us answers.

All drug tests that Junior has taken – both prior to and post implementation of the USADA program – have been negative, including blood and urine samples he provided on July 10 of this year. He prides himself on being a clean athlete, and looks forward to resolving this matter.

This JDS story is bizarre. I remember reading after Mir's failed test that there are legitimately countries where you're not supposed to eat the meat because you could fail an USADA test but even ground water could spark a fail now? These dudes have so many ways to get screwed if that's the case. I'm just beyond disappointed the Ngannou is losing this big opportunity to jump in the title discussion and the fight I was most amped for on the PPV is gone...Canada got hosed on this one while their boy is fighting in NYC not too long after.

I heard about Junior. But if what you say (bolded above) is true, then that's a big problem. Junior better supply samples of the water and meat he's been eating. That's the only solution I can think of.
GIMME_DATT
Veteran
And1: 1,738

Post#634 » by GIMME_DATT » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:38 am

Damn Jon jones jon tested postive for roids lost his belt
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#635 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:27 am

Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,948

Post#636 » by Manhattan Project » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:34 am

Hey Bones, you want to be one of the greatest of all time? Nah I'm gonna get suspended and fight Lesnar in an unsanctioned fight.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,696

Post#637 » by spree8 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:38 am

Jones is such a scumbag... my god.
GMAT Knicks :king:

Luka Dončić
Jamal Murray
Donte DiVincenzo
RJ Barrett
Joel Embiid
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#638 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:57 am

**** Jones. That POS muthrfcker.

So does Cormier get his title back? How come they didn't have the drug test results before the match? WTF?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#639 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:58 am

Mauro Pedrosa wrote:Image

Give DC back his belt and ban Jones for life.

Where's HEDI????? :lol:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#640 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:05 am

Read on Twitter

Return to New York Knicks