WWE SmackDown Discussion I

Moderators: Marcus, Stanford

bestnamezRtaken
Senior
And1: 349

Re: WWE SmackDown Discussion I 

Post#1721 » by bestnamezRtaken » Wed Aug 9, 2017 11:51 am

Naomi losing was dumb but I guess it was their way to get Ellsworth back in the picture. Very dumb though, like everyone mentioned.

Jinder losing was idiotic. Even if you realize the Jinder experiment isn't working and you're going to book him to lose the title at SS, you don't have him lose matches just because his lackeys aren't around. Why the match even happened is beyond any of us.

I really hope Rusev doesn't lose at SS. He needs a big win to build momentum, he should be in the main event picture, put the title on him sometime! He would be a fantastic WWE Champ. If Shinsuke wins and Rusev wins, I wouldn't mind a feud between the two...I think it'd be good.

I honestly think Corbin is going to cash in (maybe even after Lesnar wins the fatal 4way) and then he'll lose. He's just terrible. He looked incredibly weak bantering with Cena, all he had to do was pick a sign out of the crowd and it completely killed him.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

"Roy 365 days, seven days a week. Roy has no weaknesses in his game."
iMoreland
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,945

Post#1722 » by iMoreland » Wed Aug 9, 2017 5:06 pm

bestnamezRtaken wrote:I honestly think Corbin is going to cash in (maybe even after Lesnar wins the fatal 4way) and then he'll lose. He's just terrible. He looked incredibly weak bantering with Cena, all he had to do was pick a sign out of the crowd and it completely killed him.

Huh? I think his Money in the Bank is only for the WWE Championship
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1723 » by Ruzious » Wed Aug 9, 2017 5:09 pm

WRau1 wrote:Really good show tonight. Gable is a stud, he should've been chosen as KA's son on RAW.

That'll be next year. :nod:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
bestnamezRtaken
Senior

Post#1724 » by bestnamezRtaken » Wed Aug 9, 2017 5:37 pm

iMoreland wrote:
bestnamezRtaken wrote:I honestly think Corbin is going to cash in (maybe even after Lesnar wins the fatal 4way) and then he'll lose. He's just terrible. He looked incredibly weak bantering with Cena, all he had to do was pick a sign out of the crowd and it completely killed him.

Huh? I think his Money in the Bank is only for the WWE Championship

I don't think they ever specified that it was only for the WWE Championship. I think they're keeping that in mind in case they want to "surprise" the fans. I think they'll trey to swerve the fans with a Lesanr win at SS (because a lot of people think he's dropping the title to focus on MMA) and perhaps a Corbin cash in for the title. They're trying to get Corbin to be believable, what better way then to have him score a victory over Lesnar? That, or he cashes in and loses.
Kobe Bryant was asked who he feels is the toughest opponent to guard in the NBA. Instead of picking OKC's Kevin Durant, Bryant went with Portland’s Brandon Roy.

iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1725 » by iMoreland » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:12 am

Pretty sure they have specified though. They've always say it guarantees him a "WWE Championship match anytime he wants." They never say "Universal."

Also I think there's almost zero chance he cashes in and loses. They're booking him exactly like they booked the previous few heels that have gone on to with the title (Seth, Sheamus).

Baron's new theme is an improvement too. Better than the generic motorcycle engine at the beginning of his last one.
Kembastockton
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 56

Post#1726 » by Kembastockton » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:17 pm

Ruzious wrote:
WRau1 wrote:Really good show tonight. Gable is a stud, he should've been chosen as KA's son on RAW.

That'll be next year. :nod:

I am pretty sure they are doing that angle because Jason eerily looks like a young black version of Kurt. I don't think it was a random storyline they picked Jordon to play.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1727 » by WRau1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:06 am

Read on Twitter
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1728 » by Spens1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:08 pm

:lol: seriously though, whilst i know DX is a big deal, why is everyone doing photoshoots and all this big thing, like calm down they're not the NWO or the horseman.
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#1729 » by WRau1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:57 pm

Spens1 wrote::lol: seriously though, whilst i know DX is a big deal, why is everyone doing photoshoots and all this big thing, like calm down they're not the NWO or the horseman.

Horsemen we're before my time and I didn't truly appreciate them until later in life. Was never a WCW guy so the NWO wasn't a huge deal to me. DX was it for me, though. They were THE stable.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz
Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#1730 » by Wo1verine » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:08 pm

For me NWO was the all time GOAT Stable

I mean we are talking about ( of the top of my head) Hogan, Nash, Hall, Bret Hart and Macho Man all at one point
BrunoSkull
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#1731 » by improper » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:32 pm

Spens1 wrote::lol: seriously though, whilst i know DX is a big deal, why is everyone doing photoshoots and all this big thing, like calm down they're not the NWO or the horseman.

DX is basically the faction that helped launch the Attitude Era, which is by far the most profitable, high-profile era in wrestling history. They may not have been as big as the nWo, but they were close.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,899

Post#1732 » by skbucks1985 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:16 am

DX's place in history and in the pantheon of great stables is an interesting topic. I think you can give them credit in helping launch the Attitude Era in so much as that was Shawn's group and he was one of the main guys as they shifted in that direction. I think the Attitude Era really started with late 96 and throughout 97 when the top guys (especially after Sid lost the title) were Undertaker, Bret, Shawn and Austin and none of those guys in those iterations fit the conventional profile of a WWF babyface or even a WWF heel for that matter. Those guys they had "Attitude" and that's the origin of that term in the wrestling context.

The weird thing about DX is the two most commercially successful iterations of the group. In the lead-up to WM 14, they were a very clear third banana to Austin and Tyson. The fact that Shawn was always strung out during that time certainly didn't help matters. And the other was in 2000 when they were part of the McMahon-Helmsley regime feuding against Rock. And that iteration was DX onl because of the members because it was otherwise a very conventional heel stable. The other versions were the mid-card stable post-WM 1998 and much of 99 and the dorky dads versions in the 2000's.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1733 » by Spens1 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:37 am

improper wrote:

DX is basically the faction that helped launch the Attitude Era, which is by far the most profitable, high-profile era in wrestling history. They may not have been as big as the nWo, but they were close.

i'd say Austin probably has more claim to launching the attitude era (not to mention, Vince's booking) than DX. DX obviously played a huge role.

The NWO on the other hand, had a huge role in WCW's boom period.
detroitKG
RealGM
And1: 5,509

Post#1734 » by detroitKG » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:52 am

Not picking sides in the Monday Night Wars or anything...but fck DX, NWO 4 Life! 8-)
bestnamezRtaken
Senior

Post#1735 » by bestnamezRtaken » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:50 am

I enjoyed both groups. DX freaking invaded Nitro, how cool was that? NWO made Hogan into one of the biggest heels, amazing. I did both the Too Sweet gesture with my friends, and then told everyone else to suck it with the DX chops.

LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#1736 » by LittleOzzy » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:30 pm

The NWO was great until like everything in WCW, they ruined it.

By the end, the NWO was nothing but a joke with 600 members and 45 divisions. It was awful.
bestnamezRtaken
Senior

Post#1737 » by bestnamezRtaken » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:49 pm

Yeah, they diluted it pretty badly.

Spens1
RealGM

Post#1738 » by Spens1 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:23 am

lets boo the indian national anthem because of the wrestler.......

rednecks :nonono: Fault has to go to WWE also though, they booked it knowing full well that would happen and wanted it to happen. For a company that claims it is a worldwide company, they sure do have a very narrow worldview.

I know Mahal's gimmick is that of an obnoxious idiot but surely you can separate the wrestler (who, whilst of indian origin, is canadian after all) and the entire country. Not to mention the lady singing it stuffed it up, if i'm india i'd be like stuff this, watch TNA/GFW instead (as bad as Shera can be, he's somewhat better than Mahal and they haven't botched up their push into india at all really).

Also dream match/biggest match should be takent as serious as Schiavone saying "this is the greatest night in the history of our sport". If you have to say it, it really isn't the biggest ever (i know Vince loves Cena but this is ridiculous).

the tag team division is like the only redeeming quality of this entire show. Smackdown went from the best weekly show to the worst in about 8 months. I don't think their is a company right now that has a show that is as bad as smackdown on a weekly basis nowadays which is incredible considering how good this show used to be. It just goes to show, Road Dogg shouldn't be getting a booking job anywhere, let alone the WWE (also why i worry about HHH taking over, he'd be better than Vince but he'll put all his stupid friends in top roles even if they aren't qualified for it).
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1739 » by iMoreland » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:25 am

"Biggest match in SD history" I threw up in my mouth
iMoreland
Lead Assistant

Post#1740 » by iMoreland » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:58 am

rip big banter