ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - NFL Discussion - How many wins for Giants and Jets?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

How many wins for Giants and Jets? Options based on Over Unders

Jets 3
26%
Jets 4
11%
Jets 5
6%
Jets 6
5%
Jets 7
5%
Giants 7
9%
Giants 8
3%
Giants 9
5%
Giants 10
20%
Giants 11
11%

Total votes: 65

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

OT - NFL Discussion - How many wins for Giants and Jets? 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:57 am

So how will the Giants and Jets fare this year?
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Re: OT - How many wins for Giants/Jets? Also, NFL Pick Competition for all of RealGM 

Post#2 » by Mecca » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:13 am

Need to add options for less then 3 for Jets.

Other - 1-15
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,451

Re: OT - How many wins for Giants/Jets? Also, NFL Pick Competition for all of RealGM 

Post#3 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:17 am

I'm all in for the Jets' tank. Let Hackenberg start. LOL.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#4 » by Greenie » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:43 am

Jets ain't winning **** this year.
LOLOLOLOL
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#5 » by Greenie » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:44 am

My poor fuqed up Jets. How the hell did I become a fan of them and the Knicks?

Yikes!
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,096

Post#6 » by moocow007 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:05 pm

The NFL don't have a lottery right?

Spoiler:
Yes I know they don't.

If not, then Jet fans will be cheering their new franchise QB Sam Darnold some time around 8:00:01 pm EST on April 26 2018. The Jet's would be lucky to win even 2 games. Jet's doing what the Knicks should be doing.

Jet's have a couple of real high end defensive players but otherwise, they are about as talentless an NFL team as I've ever seen. And I've been watching football since the early 70's.
RaZzMaTaZz
Senior
And1: 213

Post#7 » by RaZzMaTaZz » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:56 pm

10-6 for the Giants
Lotsix
Rookie
And1: 287

Post#8 » by Lotsix » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:46 pm

moocow007 wrote:The NFL don't have a lottery right?

Spoiler:
Yes I know they don't.

If not, then Jet fans will be cheering their new franchise QB Sam Darnold some time around 8:00:01 pm EST on April 26 2018. The Jet's would be lucky to in 2 games. Jet's doing what the Knicks should be doing.

Jet's have a couple of real high end defensive players but otherwise, they are about as talentless an NFL team as I've ever seen. And I've been watching football since the early 70's.

Leo
Wilkerson
Richardson
Lee
Adams

Is no joke on the defensive end don't kid yourself, they could have kept all the vets signed a qb and gone for 10 wins but for what reason? Cut your losses and the old guys go all youth get the top pick and darnold and move forward....everything changes once u get that site thing at the qb spot and darnold is as sure thing as any qb prospect I've seen.....The D this year should be really good though....3 wins
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,096

Post#9 » by moocow007 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:22 pm

Lotsix wrote:

Spoiler:
Yes I know they don't.

If not, then Jet fans will be cheering their new franchise QB Sam Darnold some time around 8:00:01 pm EST on April 26 2018. The Jet's would be lucky to in 2 games. Jet's doing what the Knicks should be doing.

Leo
Wilkerson
Richardson
Lee
Adams

Is no joke on the defensive end don't kid yourself, they could have kept all the vets signed a qb and gone for 10 wins but for what reason? Cut your losses and the old guys go all youth get the top pick and darnold and move forward....everything changes once u get that site thing at the qb spot and darnold is as sure thing as any qb prospect I've seen.....The D this year should be really good though....3 wins

Yeah I didn't really consider Wilkerson or Richardson in my count (was really thinking more about the future) :cheesygrin:

The defense will be good but the offense may have problems scoring against the LFL

Spoiler:
You dirty bastards...stop staring at the pic with them nasty thoughts...damn pervs...also someone check Wingo as this may have given him a coronary
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,852

Post#10 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:24 pm

As a Jets fan, I'm setting their O/U at 0.5.
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#11 » by BKAY » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:55 pm

Looking at the schedule now, the only possible opportunities I see for Ws for the Jets are:
wk 5 at home against the Jags. They will likely be 0-4 at this point and the team will be desperate for a W. Jags are a pretty hot mess as well right now. Fournette is an xfactor here, QB situation is an xfactor ... at home, Jags are a pretty turnover/disaster prone team. Looking like the Jets best, and possibly only, chance for a W this season.

IDK where else?
@Browns wk5? Browns have gotten much better and they will be at home.
@/vs Bills Wks 2/10, I have no idea what to expect from the Bills this year until I see them. If by some unimaginable situation Tyrod Taylor doesn't clear concussion protocol by WK 2
vs Pats WK 7....because why not?

I can see them winning MAX 3 games...I'm having a hard time even imagining 1 game but this is the NFL and bad teams always do manage to squeak out a few wins. This team is projecting towards a 2008 Detroit Lions type of bad season though.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#12 » by Sark » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:19 pm

Jets could get a game off Miami. Cutler can lose to anyone at anytime. I think they win a game or 2.

Giants better win at least 12, or else there needs to be mega changes (looking at you Eli).
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#13 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:23 pm

I'd be surprised if the Jets win more than 1 game.

Not really sure about the Giants, they have some talent, but they find ways to underperform at times.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,451

Post#14 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:25 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Lotsix wrote:

Spoiler:
Yes I know they don't.

Leo
Wilkerson
Richardson
Lee
Adams

Yeah I didn't really consider Wilkerson or Richardson in my count (was really thinking more about the future) :cheesygrin:

The defense will be good but the offense may have problems scoring against the LFL

Spoiler:
You dirty bastards...stop staring at the pic with them nasty thoughts...damn pervs...also someone check Wingo as this may have given him a coronary

Too late.

Lotsix
Rookie
And1: 287

Post#15 » by Lotsix » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:13 pm

Sark wrote:Jets could get a game off Miami. Cutler can lose to anyone at anytime. I think they win a game or 2.

Giants better win at least 12, or else there needs to be mega changes (looking at you Eli).

better? lol cmon bruh, they always find a way to underperform

I see losses to: DAL,TB,DEN,SEA,OAK,AZ and atleast 1 more game in the division.

at best i see them going 10-6

Jets i see wins vs JAX,CLE,BUFF,MIA..start off 0-3......3-3.....3-6.....4-6......4-12

#SuckForSam!!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#16 » by bwgood77 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:40 am

Lotsix wrote:
Sark wrote:Jets could get a game off Miami. Cutler can lose to anyone at anytime. I think they win a game or 2.

Jets i see wins vs JAX,CLE,BUFF,MIA..start off 0-3......3-3.....3-6.....4-6......4-12

#SuckForSam!!

Giants should be able to win a couple of those. Who is the Jets starting QB?
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#17 » by magnumt » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:48 pm

Lotsix wrote:

#SuckForSam!!

I know this Jets fan isn't telling Giants fans about "underperforming?" :-?

:lol:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#18 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 6, 2017 6:14 pm

BKAY wrote:Looking at the schedule now, the only possible opportunities I see for Ws for the Jets are:
wk 5 at home against the Jags. They will likely be 0-4 at this point and the team will be desperate for a W. Jags are a pretty hot mess as well right now. Fournette is an xfactor here, QB situation is an xfactor ... at home, Jags are a pretty turnover/disaster prone team. Looking like the Jets best, and possibly only, chance for a W this season.

IDK where else?
@Browns wk5? Browns have gotten much better and they will be at home.
@/vs Bills Wks 2/10, I have no idea what to expect from the Bills this year until I see them. If by some unimaginable situation Tyrod Taylor doesn't clear concussion protocol by WK 2
vs Pats WK 7....because why not?

I can see them winning MAX 3 games...I'm having a hard time even imagining 1 game but this is the NFL and bad teams always do manage to squeak out a few wins. This team is projecting towards a 2008 Detroit Lions type of bad season though.

Who's the Jets QB this year?
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Re: OT - NFL Picks Against the Spread Competition 

Post#19 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Sep 6, 2017 7:10 pm

i'm in. sounds like good, clean fun.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM