ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks opening game vs. OKC (away), 10/19, 8 p.m. TNT

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Re: Knicks opening game vs. OKC (away), 10/17, 8 p.m. TNT 

Post#81 » by dakomish23 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:52 pm

Dantares wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:I really hope Frank is starting from day one. There's valid arguments against it but I'm in the camp of throwing these kids in the deep end.

I don't think being mentally ready is the problem for this kid, he's a quiet assasin. I have no concerns.

But he has the build of a sg, he may not be quick enough to handle legit starting pg's. lonzo ball probably isn't either but lakers are going to let Clarkson guard the quicker guy in the starting lineup. Frank and timmy together may not be enough ballhandling and quickness so i could see that as a reason to not start frank. Maybe they move timmy to 3 eventually and play Frank in a secondary ballhandler role at sg.

Yeah I said the same thing throughout the summer. I'm not sure if he's better off as a SG / secondary ball handler. Part of my pro Irving trade argument was to have Frank next to him and have KP at the 5.

I do think if the defense and shooting translate, he's a 100% a starter. We'll see what he becomes.

It's about time we tried a long term solution in the backcourt.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#82 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:26 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Dantares wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:I really hope Frank is starting from day one. There's valid arguments against it but I'm in the camp of throwing these kids in the deep end.

I don't think being mentally ready is the problem for this kid, he's a quiet assasin. I have no concerns.

But he has the build of a sg, he may not be quick enough to handle legit starting pg's. lonzo ball probably isn't either but lakers are going to let Clarkson guard the quicker guy in the starting lineup. Frank and timmy together may not be enough ballhandling and quickness so i could see that as a reason to not start frank. Maybe they move timmy to 3 eventually and play Frank in a secondary ballhandler role at sg.

Yeah I said the same thing throughout the summer. I'm not sure if he's better off as a SG / secondary ball handler. Part of my pro Irving trade argument was to have Frank next to him and have KP at the 5.

I do think if the defense and shooting translate, he's a 100% a starter. We'll see what he becomes.

Let's see how he does in pre-season. My gut is that even if he has a very good training camp/preseason, Jeff will still bring him off the bench in the beginning as 6th man but early in the game (1st quarter?).
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#83 » by dakomish23 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:46 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Dantares wrote:

Let's see how he does in pre-season. My gut is that even if he has a very good training camp/preseason, Jeff will still bring him off the bench in the beginning as 6th man but early in the game (1st quarter?).

Maybe he does that and by the end of the season he's starting. I just want to get this kid in the mix immediately even if he sucks. We gain little by letting our rookies rot on the bench IMO

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#84 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:04 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Maybe he does that and by the end of the season he's starting. I just want to get this kid in the mix immediately even if he sucks. We gain little by letting our rookies rot on the bench IMO

I agree. I'll be s very disappointed if Frank is languishing at the end of the bench. He definitely needs to get burn.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 15,966

Post#85 » by Wolfgang630 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:32 pm

Let them all play. That's the point to rebuilding.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,959

Post#86 » by Besart19 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:10 pm

The Knicks made e huge mistake not to sign Teodosic...

Frank/Sessions
Teodosic/C.Lee
Hardaway/Kuz
Melo/Beasley
Porzingis/Willy

Looks so much better

Strength and Honour!
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,576

Post#87 » by El Poochio » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:34 pm

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE LEBRON BLAKE TEAMING UP IN NEW YORK NTILIKINA > DSJ HOODIE MELO IS MICHAEL BEASLEY PRETENDING TO BE MELO UNDER THE HOODIE KNICKS ARE BACK I AM CUMMMMIIIINNNGGGGGG

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,576

Post#88 » by El Poochio » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:38 pm

VUJASHİT GONE OMG NO OBSTACLE LEFT TO GO 82-0

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#89 » by magnumt » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:44 pm

El Poochio wrote:VUJASHİT GONE OMG NO OBSTACLE LEFT TO GO 82-0

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1609313#p58292108

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,834

Post#90 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:20 am

Besart19 wrote:The Knicks made e huge mistake not to sign Teodosic...

Frank/Sessions
Teodosic/C.Lee
Hardaway/Kuz
Melo/Beasley
Porzingis/Willy

Looks so much better

Not gonna lie, he looks like a slow Steve Nash. No need to lose sleep...

Best part of the OKC game might be those guys recruiting Melo at half time. They might even have a jersey for him to come out in for the 3rd Q.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
What do you think about @kporzee? Karl-Anthony Towns: PorzinGOD does not care or need my opinion for he is a higher life form then all of us.
KnicksfanTwenty
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#91 » by KnicksfanTwenty » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:23 am

This is the opening day date? Wow the season is starting early this year. Usually first game is not til around Halloween.
melo mvp 15
Assistant Coach
And1: 393

Post#92 » by melo mvp 15 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:19 pm

Dantares wrote:

The perfect realistic player to pair him with would actually be the old Jason Kidd we had a few years ago. I'm not worried about Frank's speed or ability to cover PGs, I'm worried about him running an offense from day 1.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#93 » by dakomish23 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:54 pm

KnicksfanTwenty wrote:This is the opening day date? Wow the season is starting early this year. Usually first game is not til around Halloween.

They're trying to prevent as many back to backs as they can.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#94 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Sep 1, 2017 4:13 am

Only 49 days to opening night.

Dkillanyk4lyf
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,625

Post#95 » by Dkillanyk4lyf » Tue Sep 5, 2017 4:36 am

0-82 here we come!!!!

http://www.tankathon.com
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#96 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Tue Sep 5, 2017 5:20 am

So we're REALLY gonna trot out Lee and Kyle and the rest of the same team minus Rose basically with Tim, Beasley, Sessions and Frank as the main additions?
I always thought once Melo was traded it'd start a domino type effect and the other "vets" would all be moved to reconfigure the roster.

Now that it's clear Melo will be here to start the season it's like we are once again stuck in motion and in between two very different plans.

I'm actually more pissed that we still have Lee and Kyle here more than Melo still being here. It's just seems lazy. I'm sure it's not as simple as I'm making it out but we are in essence the same team from last year.

Right about now is when we usually start hearing guys are getting together and working on the chemistry. We have these legendary Hoodie Melo scrimmages with special guests but it all seems very disjointed to me.
Not that those pre season scrimmages have ever really helped much but still.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,050

Post#97 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Sep 6, 2017 5:12 am

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:So we're REALLY gonna trot out Lee and Kyle and the rest of the same team minus Rose basically with Tim, Beasley, Sessions and Frank as the main additions?
I always thought once Melo was traded it'd start a domino type effect and the other "vets" would all be moved to reconfigure the roster.

Now that it's clear Melo will be here to start the season it's like we are once again stuck in motion and in between two very different plans.

I'm actually more pissed that we still have Lee and Kyle here more than Melo still being here. It's just seems lazy. I'm sure it's not as simple as I'm making it out but we are in essence the same team from last year.

Right about now is when we usually start hearing guys are getting together and working on the chemistry. We have these legendary Hoodie Melo scrimmages with special guests but it all seems very disjointed to me.

I don't mind KOQ. It's Lee I would like to move. Maybe a 3rd team could use him in a deal to move Melo somehow? Thomas...blah. GTFOH. Problem is...besides Noah...that would leave a team of kids and Beasley. I doubt the FO moves all of them. Oh...I forgot Sessions.

Melo is holding up a lot.
:beer: RIP mags
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#98 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Sep 7, 2017 4:28 am

Krazy Eyez Kurt Thomas says it's only 40 days until tip-off.

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,613

Post#99 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Sep 8, 2017 4:02 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:So we're REALLY gonna trot out Lee and Kyle and the rest of the same team minus Rose basically with Tim, Beasley, Sessions and Frank as the main additions?

I don't mind KOQ. It's Lee I would like to move. Maybe a 3rd team could use him in a deal to move Melo somehow? Thomas...blah. GTFOH. Problem is...besides Noah...that would leave a team of kids and Beasley. I doubt the FO moves all of them. Oh...I forgot Sessions.

Our team underrates Lee more than anybody. It's why we were "fake" tanking. Benching Melo and Rose while playing Lee...it's like we don't know the value of good 3 point shooting and defense
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,050

Post#100 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Sep 8, 2017 5:37 pm

knicksh20b wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Our team underrates Lee more than anybody. It's why we were "fake" tanking. Benching Melo and Rose while playing Lee...it's like we don't know the value of good 3 point shooting and defense

I like Lee. I just don't care to see him play on a rebuild. It's pointless to me. Just like Melo. Pointless.
:beer: RIP mags

Return to New York Knicks