Worst move by Dubs stiffing Oakland for celebration 

Post#1 » by Warriorfan » Thu Sep 7, 2017 10:53 pm

LeonSmith
Junior
And1: 145

Re: Worst move by Dubs stuffing Oakland for celebration 

Post#2 » by LeonSmith » Fri Sep 8, 2017 3:24 am

Nope.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/09/06/did-warriors-stiff-oakland-on-nba-championship-parade-payment/

“We are in ongoing conversation with the Warriors; they have questions about some of these charges, which we are in the process of answering,” city spokeswoman Karen Boyd said in an email. “The Warriors have given us no reason to doubt they will honor their commitments.”

“We acknowledge that the invoice we ultimately presented to the Warriors is nearly triple our pre-event estimate,” Schaaf wrote in an email. “We also acknowledge it includes standard labor costs the city would have incurred had there not been a parade that day, along with overtime and equipment rental costs. The Warriors have given us no reason to doubt they will honor their commitments.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,661

Post#3 » by Coxy » Fri Sep 8, 2017 6:55 am

This truly is now the peak off-season period, when this sort of stuff becomes a thread.
FrigginFalcon
Junior
And1: 115

Post#4 » by FrigginFalcon » Fri Sep 8, 2017 8:07 am

Coxy wrote:This truly is now the peak off-season period, when this sort of stuff becomes a thread.

Agreed, but this is pocket change for the Warriors, a fraction of the ticket revenue for just ONE of their ~50 home-court sell-outs each season. They may be moving, but they'll still be serving essentially the same fan base, so I see no good reason to diss Oakland. If there ARE serious questions about some charges, at least pay what 's agreed to be valid, then argue about the rest if you must.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#5 » by marthafokker » Fri Sep 8, 2017 12:12 pm

Sounds like the city is stuffing fake invoice charges that Warriors accountants caught. That's Oakland for you.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#6 » by FNQ » Fri Sep 8, 2017 2:54 pm

marthafokker wrote:Sounds like the city is stuffing fake invoice charges that Warriors accountants caught. That's Oakland for you.

All of this is standard. Oakland underquotes them, Warriors question the charges and rightly wait for paystubs and receipts for the charges. The real issue here is GSOM begging for clicks.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#7 » by Mylie10 » Fri Sep 8, 2017 6:54 pm

FrigginFalcon wrote:
Coxy wrote:This truly is now the peak off-season period, when this sort of stuff becomes a thread.

Agreed, but this is pocket change for the Warriors, a fraction of the ticket revenue for just ONE of their ~50 home-court sell-outs each season. They may be moving, but they'll still be serving essentially the same fan base, so I see no good reason to diss Oakland. If there ARE serious questions about some charges, at least pay what 's agreed to be valid, then argue about the rest if you must.

I see nothing wrong with the Warriors fact checking a bill. I also don't see, nor is there any reason to believe the Warriors will stiff anyone.

I'm so sick of gotcha journalism and gotcha everything. I wish people would let things play out and come to conclusions before always jumping the proverbial gun and making assumptions.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
BdeRegt
Lead Assistant
And1: 724

Re: Worst move by Dubs stiffing Oakland for celebration 

Post#8 » by BdeRegt » Fri Sep 8, 2017 9:59 pm

I like people jump on Warriors for this when Oakland officials admitted they added to the bill normal charges that had nothing to do with Parade. This thread should be about Oakland tripping to exploit the Warriors for extra money or really not be a story as just standard accounting discussions between parties.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Re: Worst move by Dubs stiffing Oakland for celebration 

Post#9 » by Quazza » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:14 am

saw someone posted about this on twitter, and Iggy replied with "we jus waitin on that Jersey deal money"

:lol: :lol:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment

Return to Golden State Warriors