The Rodzilla
Starter
And1: 2,332

Re: OT: Australia Trip 

Post#41 » by The Rodzilla » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:39 am

trwi7 wrote:
The Rodzilla wrote:
trwi7 wrote:You complain for a week long heatwave? :lol:

yes i admit im a whiny pussy but man those heatwaves are pure torture especially if it goes on for more than a few days

but in conclusion the outdoor daytime situation is so much better in sydney, it really is an uplifting scenario to take that coastal walk i was talking about or simply having breakfast at circular quay or on the ferry, thats why melbournians are great basketball players because the melbourne kids are forced into playing indoor activity at schools and on weekends :nod:

Come here in January when it's 10 degrees and there's 20 inches of snow on the ground and then tell me how much Melbourne sucks. Or come here in July or August when it's 90-95 degrees with balls-sticking-to-your-leg humidity.

If you're on the coast in Australia your weather is in the top 1% of the world.

lol ok i didnt think we were evaluating melbourne from a worldly point of view

btw i wouldnt mind a little snow every once in a while to cozy up next to a fire and make a whole thing of it
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#42 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:51 am

you know a place is boring when people talk about the weather so much LOL
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,497

Re: RE: Re: OT: Australia Trip 

Post#43 » by drone3 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:58 am

trwi7 wrote:
The Rodzilla wrote:
trwi7 wrote:You complain for a week long heatwave?

yes i admit im a whiny pussy but man those heatwaves are pure torture especially if it goes on for more than a few days

but in conclusion the outdoor daytime situation is so much better in sydney, it really is an uplifting scenario to take that coastal walk i was talking about or simply having breakfast at circular quay or on the ferry, thats why melbournians are great basketball players because the melbourne kids are forced into playing indoor activity at schools and on weekends :nod:

Come here in January when it's 10 degrees and there's 20 inches of snow on the ground and then tell me how much Melbourne sucks. Or come here in July or August when it's 90-95 degrees with balls-sticking-to-your-leg humidity.

I once travelled from Perth summer to NY winter. My body was in complete shock for two weeks, freakin painful.
The Rodzilla
Starter

Post#44 » by The Rodzilla » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:32 am

Pachinko_ wrote:you know a city is boring when people talk about the weather so much LOL

also you know a city is boring when they list a few sporting events that happen once a year as being a key feature of the city

i can understand why weather is so unimportant to melbournians because even if you have a great day the beaches are still not that clean and there isnt much to see but sydney improves so much on a good day, like i seriously think that the cure for depression is taking a manly ferry into the city around sunset
The Rodzilla
Starter

Post#45 » by The Rodzilla » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:33 am

drone3 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
The Rodzilla wrote:

I once travelled from Perth summer to NY winter. My body was in complete shock for two weeks, freakin painful.

lol tennis players talk about getting off the plane in australia from european winter but the other way must be a killer
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#46 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:03 am

The Rodzilla wrote:
Pachinko_ wrote:you know a city is boring when people talk about the weather so much LOL

also you know a city is boring when they list a few sporting events that happen once a year as being a key feature of the city

i can understand why weather is so unimportant to melbournians because even if you have a great day the beaches are still not that clean and there isnt much to see but sydney improves so much on a good day, like i seriously think that the cure for depression is taking a manly ferry into the city around sunset

Talking about cures for depression is not a good indication either LOL
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,313

Post#47 » by trwi7 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:08 am

The Rodzilla wrote:btw i wouldnt mind a little snow every once in a while to cozy up next to a fire and make a whole thing of it

You'd only like it if you could cozy up next to Delly.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
The Rodzilla
Starter

Post#48 » by The Rodzilla » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:25 am

Pachinko_ wrote:
The Rodzilla wrote:

Talking about cures for depression is not a good indication either LOL

yeah that game last season when delly had a few turnovers back to back on some basic passes that i could have made, it was depressing so i took a ferry to recover and was over it immediately, but i dont recommend it for depressed people in melbourne looking for a cure because the depression would increase once you return to melbourne
The Rodzilla
Starter

Post#49 » by The Rodzilla » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:29 am

trwi7 wrote:
The Rodzilla wrote:btw i wouldnt mind a little snow every once in a while to cozy up next to a fire and make a whole thing of it

You'd only like it if you could cozy up next to Delly.

actually im homophobic so we would have to use something to prevent us from touching, like a blanket between us so it wouldnt be counted as gay, if we do something like that im up for it
stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,904

Post#50 » by stellation » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:36 am

drone3 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
The Rodzilla wrote:

I once went Berlin winter to Sydney summer, it had been below 0/killer wind chill leaving (which it had been for the past week) and I managed to land on a humid as all hell 40 degree day. I recall not feeling very well.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Prince12
RealGM
And1: 2,750

Post#51 » by Prince12 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:03 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:you know a place is boring when people talk about the weather so much LOL

It seems the only people talking about the weather are not from Melbourne and using it as a reason why it sucks. I surf all year round down the surf coast and have spent the last three winters in mke. Now that's bad weather.
@mkebucksaus just kicking off. Give it a follow!

https://twitter.com/mkebucksaus
Coln72
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#52 » by Coln72 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:00 am

Personally, both Melbourne and Sydney suck. You need to get out of the major centres to see the real Oz.
Knew Delly before it was cool
stellation
RealGM

Post#53 » by stellation » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:31 am

Coln72 wrote:Personally, both Melbourne and Sydney suck. You need to get out of the major centres to see the real Oz.

Get our of the major centres? I take it the missing "i" is phonetic then. :D
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,762

Post#54 » by ReginaldDwight » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:46 am

Pachinko_ wrote:One more thing, with your limited time, don't get sucked into seeing as many cities as possible. They all have their landmarks usually around the city center and other subtle differences, but other than that town planning and architecture is just copied and pasted. I'd pick one of Sydney or Melbourne and spend more time at the ocean, you'll have more fun and memories.

Yeah just left a week in europe where we traveled a bit faster then usual and missed those relaxing days. Depends on if ull make it back tho
stellation
RealGM

Post#55 » by stellation » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:28 am

Has anyone pointed out that everything will **** kill you? It's slight overstated- most thing will **** kill you.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Nightfall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,278

Post#56 » by Nightfall » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:15 am

:lol: I'm just jealous, Australia is the place I want to visit the most
Coln72
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#57 » by Coln72 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:52 am

Don't worry about the crocs up north, the sharks eat them......and where are the drop bears??
Knew Delly before it was cool
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#58 » by AussieBuck » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:06 am

Backpacker murderers is more of a South Australia thing.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Pachinko_
RealGM

Post#59 » by Pachinko_ » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:58 am

here's a nise n friendly aussie beach

stellation
RealGM

Post#60 » by stellation » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:55 am

AussieBuck wrote:Backpacker murderers is more of a South Australia thing.

**** South Australians.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks