ImageImageImageImageImage

Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Re: Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition 

Post#1081 » by Sark » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:49 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Sark wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Parker has 7mil QO next year. Monroe expiring...I would do a pick swap and run. We don't need to max Parker. If another team wants to...go ahead. We get first crack if we want to anyway. What's his rehab status?

This is that Trey Rod guy tweeting?

We're a 30 win team. Trading picks when you suck is literally the dumbest thing to do in the NBA.

I said swap. How good is Milwaukee gonna be next year?

They're a playoff team. We're a lottery team.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,202

Post#1082 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:32 pm

Sark wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Sark wrote:

We're a 30 win team. Trading picks when you suck is literally the dumbest thing to do in the NBA.

They're a playoff team. We're a lottery team.

How much better are they without Monroe and Parker and with Ryno?

I don't like the swap but...If Parker is healthy...Monroe clouds the Big man situation but, he's expiring. Are we that much worse than Milwaukee at that point?

It's the best deal I have heard offered. They want the pick outright. No way.

It's almost the same as Melo opting out after the season but we get Parker bird rights. I don't think we're a 30 win team this year with Melo and no Phil/triangle. Our luck we make the 8 seed in a weak east anyway.

I don't know...I suck at trade proposals. :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
malik959
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,832

Post#1083 » by malik959 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:35 pm

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1084 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:48 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Sark wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Parker has 7mil QO next year. Monroe expiring...I would do a pick swap and run. We don't need to max Parker. If another team wants to...go ahead. We get first crack if we want to anyway. What's his rehab status?

This is that Trey Rod guy tweeting?

Well, they made the playoffs last year...and played much better once Middleton came back, and he'll be playing the full season...and Giannis will be another year older...so having a pick swap with a possible top 4 team in the east is incredibly stupid. You're better than this.

Edit -- just saw I was late to the party. Carry on.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1085 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:52 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Sark wrote:

Well, they made the playoffs last year...and played much better once Middleton came back, and he'll be playing the full season...and Giannis will be another year older...so having a pick swap with a possible top 4 team in the east is incredibly stupid. You're better than this.

:lol:

Yeah...I don't like the idea of giving up or swapping anything. Just trying to decide how much different these teams will be. If we keep Melo I don't think we're as bad as everyone thinks. I hope we are though. Our PG situation leaves a lot of unknowns.

I'm convinced now though that it is a bad idea...or...as stupid as it gets so I've been told. I forgot how good Milwaukee was last season. I thought they were a fringe playoff team. I don't watch them.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1086 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:00 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Yeah...I don't like the idea of giving up or swapping anything. Just trying to decide how much different these teams will be. If we keep Melo I don't think we're as bad as everyone thinks. I hope we are though. Our PG situation leaves a lot of unknowns.

I'm convinced now though that it is a bad idea...or...as stupid as it gets so I've been told. I forgot how good Milwaukee was last season. I thought they were a fringe playoff team. I don't watch them.

You're missing out if you don't try to catch a couple games a year. Giannis is something special and Middleton is IMO the most underrated player in the league.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1087 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:08 am

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

You're missing out if you don't try to catch a couple games a year. Giannis is something special and Middleton is IMO the most underrated player in the league.

I get away with watching Knicks games...Yankees games...Islanders games...Football...(used to be Jets but I stopped watching them 2 years ago. Get me a QB or I'll never watch again!) My old lady is cool to a point. I don't get to watch teams we don't root for very often. :lol:
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,342

Post#1088 » by dakomish23 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:10 pm

LO Cavs podcast on Cedi Osman and his Eurobasket performance, which was solid.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/locked-on-cavs/id1136055333?mt=2#episodeGuid=tag%3Aaudioboom.com%2C2017-09-12%3A%2Fposts%2F6291477

Putting it here as he's been mentioned by many as part of a return from CLE in a Melo deal
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1089 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:12 pm

dakomish23 wrote:LO Cavs podcast on Cedi Osman and his Eurobasket performance, which was solid.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/locked-on-cavs/id1136055333?mt=2#episodeGuid=tag%3Aaudioboom.com%2C2017-09-12%3A%2Fposts%2F6291477

Putting it here as he's been mentioned by many as part of a return from CLE in a Melo deal

Cleveland don't want him and the feeling is mutual. Why bother?
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#1090 » by Triple C » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:30 pm

Read on Twitter
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1091 » by dakomish23 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:31 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:LO Cavs podcast on Cedi Osman and his Eurobasket performance, which was solid.

Wrong on both counts.

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1092 » by dakomish23 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:34 pm

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

Unless Melo changes his game, this seems accurate. I'd like to see the whole list though.

Last year he had a beef that he was #15 and I wasn't sure if he was even top 25 anymore.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,859

Post#1093 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:46 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

So you a suits Fan Huh....

I actually stopped watching a few years ago, but I loved that show. Spector is a boss.

mpharris36 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7l7hydd

yeah its not loading when I click on link either..

it was

Melo to HOU

NYK get: Harkless, Leonard, Ed Davis (expiring), and Vonleh (plus NGT from HOU)

POR get: Anderson, Lance Thomas (knicks move his 3 years for Leonard 3), Chasson Randle, Onauka

It checks out on salary checker...

Yeah, this I would do (with us getting a first from Houston, preferably a first and a second).

look at that we figured out a fair deal in 5 minutes...the f*cking GM's man...

don't think portland is trying to have a ryan anderson contract while trying to save money to stay away from luxury tax. this isn't significant enough cap relief or return to just give away harkless and vonleh.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,859

Post#1094 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:51 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,023

Post#1095 » by mg » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:20 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

Unless Melo changes his game, this seems accurate. I'd like to see the whole list though.

Last year he had a beef that he was #15 and I wasn't sure if he was even top 25 anymore.

These lists are just perception.
Melo is still a very talented player but his style of play just isn't in style these days. Not to mention all the Phil and trade drama over the past season and the perception of Carmelo around the league just has him underrated now. Doesn't help when Morey is out there throwing out trash trade ideas to reporters who tweet them out like they are actual viable deals. His value and reputation is just way undervalued now unfortunately. I'm hoping as we get closer to training camp Carmelo opens up his list of teams where he will waive his NTC, get a fresh start and restore some lost rep. That would be best for all parties..
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,363

Post#1096 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:21 pm

Rut row. Trade value be sinking. Yeah, I know, BSPN. :lol: Melo only no. 64. Covington, a former D-Leaguer, is ahead of him.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nbarank5175/nbarank-players-51-75
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1097 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:24 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Wrong on both counts.

Yes....yes you are.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,121

Post#1098 » by mpharris36 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:28 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Rut row. Trade value be sinking. Yeah, I know, BSPN. :lol: Melo only no. 64. Covington, a former D-Leaguer, is ahead of him.

Robert "i shot under 40% from the field" Covington is almost a top 50 player in the NBA... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1099 » by dakomish23 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:38 pm

mg wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

These lists are just perception.
Melo is still a very talented player but his style of play just isn't in style these days. Not to mention all the Phil and trade drama over the past season and the perception of Carmelo around the league just has him underrated now. Doesn't help when Morey is out there throwing out trash trade ideas to reporters who tweet them out like they are actual viable deals. His value and reputation is just way undervalued now unfortunately. I'm hoping as we get closer to training camp Carmelo opens up his list of teams where he will waive his NTC, get a fresh start and restore some lost rep. That would be best for all parties..

I agree. He's still a good player. But I also think he's fallen off a lot since 13-14.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,719

Post#1100 » by Handledatruth » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:44 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Rut row. Trade value be sinking. Yeah, I know, BSPN. :lol: Melo only no. 64. Covington, a former D-Leaguer, is ahead of him.

Robert "i shot under 40% from the field" Covington is almost a top 50 player in the NBA... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You see where they put Brook Lopez? :lol: :lol: ESPN is a straight-up click bait site now.

Return to New York Knicks