ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended 

Post#261 » by Mecca » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:34 pm

Greenie wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Sark wrote:Honestly Kaepernick's biggest issue is that he's not that good at QB. If he were a better player, someone would give him a chance. Look at Ray Rice and Ezekiel Elliot. Rice sucks now and is old, and he hits his wife. Elliot is good and young, and he hits his gf and still has a job. If you're good, you'll keep getting chances until you suck. Then you get no more chances.

Wrong. Elliot's case doesn't have video evidence and there are law officers that believe that his ex is just trying to be petty with him as the story doesn't add up.

Secondly, Kaepernick can start on a handful of teams right now. He would make the Jaguars a playoff contender. He'd let the Colts survive without Luck. Do you see the Jets QB situation? Go look at Kaep's TD/INT ratio.

I just copped a Kaepernick jersey and rock it all the time.

There was video of dude doing dumb **** to women.

I saw that, so I won't defend Elliot, but the girl that Elliot touched is supposedly someone he slept with the night before and that night so it mighta just been a corny thirsty dude being corny and thirsty. I have friends that do weird ish like that when they tryna pull up. Some straight up just grab the butt :nonono:
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#262 » by Greenie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:39 pm

Mecca wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Wrong. Elliot's case doesn't have video evidence and there are law officers that believe that his ex is just trying to be petty with him as the story doesn't add up.

Secondly, Kaepernick can start on a handful of teams right now. He would make the Jaguars a playoff contender. He'd let the Colts survive without Luck. Do you see the Jets QB situation? Go look at Kaep's TD/INT ratio.

I saw that, so I won't defend Elliot, but the girl that Elliot touched is supposedly someone he slept with the night before and that night so it mighta just been a corny thirsty dude being corny and thirsty. I have friends that do weird ish like that when they tryna pull up. Some straight up just grab the butt :nonono:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/09/01/ezekiel-elliott-admits-oath-used-drugs-ohio-state-still-likes-party-get-drunk

He's showing a pattern of behavior that's detrimental to life itself. Dude is off the chain.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#263 » by Mecca » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:47 pm

Greenie wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Greenie wrote:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2017/09/01/ezekiel-elliott-admits-oath-used-drugs-ohio-state-still-likes-party-get-drunk

He's showing a pattern of behavior that's detrimental to life itself. Dude is off the chain.

I won't deny dude is trash, but his case is different then Rice since that was video proof
Brooklyn Nets
Greenie
RealGM

Post#264 » by Greenie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:57 pm

Mecca wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Mecca wrote:

I won't deny dude is trash, but his case is different then Rice since that was video proof

Of course....as far as proof is concerned.
Beating down a person is still beating down a person.

Bottom line is the NFL is picking and choosing.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/11220817/greg-hardy-carolina-panthers-guilty-2-counts-domestic-violence

Dude wasn't kicked out of the NFL for this.

https://www.vibe.com/2013/07/nfl-player-apologizes-using-n-word-video/

Dudes say dumb **** all of the time and don't get kicked out.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#265 » by Mecca » Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:59 pm

Greenie wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Greenie wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/11220817/greg-hardy-carolina-panthers-guilty-2-counts-domestic-violence

The NFL is trash. If you read the paper I wrote and put in a quote, it's all about how the NFL's moral compass is dollar signs. That's it.
Brooklyn Nets
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#266 » by Phish Tank » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:19 pm

Greenie wrote:
seren wrote:NFL made it clear what politics are okay and what are not. A guy like Tebow got multiple chances although he sucked way way worse. He is as political, probably more, as Kap. I am done with NFL and stopped watching this year for good (have cut down over years). It is not even about owners really since they follow their viewers. I have been asking myself for years whether I want my son to play or even follow this sport with all the concussion stuff and the league lying about it. I came to the conclusion no. I don't want him to follow what is now pretty much a redneck sport.

Sent from my XT1575 using RealGM mobile app

My kid is NEVER playing football. Never.
Fall in love basketball, baseball, soccer track and field, tennis or golf. Football will be forbidden.

The whole concussion issue is the reason why I wouldn't any of my close friends or family playing football.

The way they dealt with player safety and off-the-field issues during the Goodell era has certainly led to an overall decline in NFL viewership, amongst other things. The Kaep thing only furthered the decline.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#267 » by Greenie » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:27 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
Greenie wrote:
seren wrote:NFL made it clear what politics are okay and what are not. A guy like Tebow got multiple chances although he sucked way way worse. He is as political, probably more, as Kap. I am done with NFL and stopped watching this year for good (have cut down over years). It is not even about owners really since they follow their viewers. I have been asking myself for years whether I want my son to play or even follow this sport with all the concussion stuff and the league lying about it. I came to the conclusion no. I don't want him to follow what is now pretty much a redneck sport.

Sent from my XT1575 using RealGM mobile app

My kid is NEVER playing football. Never.
Fall in love basketball, baseball, soccer track and field, tennis or golf. Football will be forbidden.

The whole concussion issue is the reason why I wouldn't any of my close friends or family playing football.

The way they dealt with player safety and off-the-field issues during the Goodell era has certainly led to an overall decline in NFL viewership, amongst other things. The Kaep thing only furthered the decline.

Exactly.
I was told this morning the Jets lost.
Oh wells. I stopped fuqing with the NFL and ESPN.
Appleshampoo
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Re: RE: Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested & Suspended 

Post#268 » by Appleshampoo » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:29 pm

Mecca wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Mecca wrote:

The NFL is trash. If you read the paper I wrote and put in a quote, it's all about how the NFL's moral compass is dollar signs. That's it.

Exactly. It's not so much Kap sucks it's that he is not great. The risk outweighs reward. Risk being you piss off customers and lose business. He might be a dolphin if he didn't rock a Castro shirt. Owners just don't want to deal with him. Is he in shape? Has anyone even worked him out? Would prob be better then Bortles and Henne.
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Re: OT: WFAN's Craig Carton Arrested 

Post#269 » by Yankeeknickfan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:26 am

ohboy109 wrote:
Yankeeknickfan wrote:Peter Rosenberg, on the Kay show might have fun with this. He's had problems with Craig.

**** peter he not even from ny!
He needs to go

"Peter sucks". Is that what you're saying?
Imageceltics
Mecca
RealGM

Post#270 » by Mecca » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:57 am

Appleshampoo wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Greenie wrote:

Exactly. It's not so much Kap sucks it's that he is not great. The risk outweighs reward. Risk being you piss off customers and lose business. He might be a dolphin if he didn't rock a Castro shirt. Owners just don't want to deal with him. Is he in shape? Has anyone even worked him out? Would prob be better then Bortles and Henne.

Wrong. I just wrote an article on how the NFL is losing more business by keeping him out rather then letting him back in.
Brooklyn Nets
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#271 » by Phish Tank » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:18 am

Mecca wrote:
Appleshampoo wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Wrong. I just wrote an article on how the NFL is losing more business by keeping him out rather then letting him back in.

I'd need to take some time fully reading your findings earlier in this thread.

The NFL will lose business with or without Kap. Why? The three largest metro markets in the US are New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles. What do all three have in common? All three largely have a fickle bandwagon fanbase that are more apt to cord-cutting and either not watching football outright or watching it at a bar. What else do all three have in common? None of the teams are really great to watch on TV.

I can honestly go on and on about this topic. It's actually really fascinating.
NY2TheBay
General Manager
And1: 4,164

Post#272 » by NY2TheBay » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:18 am

GEOLINK wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:what is done in the dark comes to the light.

Sex?

Yup even that. The girl youre poking will tell someone about it. And if youre dipping it in somewhere it shouldnt be that'll get air'd out too, amigo.
Appleshampoo
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Post#273 » by Appleshampoo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:43 pm

Mecca wrote:
Appleshampoo wrote:
Mecca wrote:

I misunderstood. Would be interested in reading it if you would like to share.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,143

Post#274 » by Fat Kat » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:22 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#275 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:56 pm

Mecca wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Mecca wrote:

i call no man a friend who will grab up on a woman.

that's not weird and thirsty. it's unacceptable and assault.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
AllanHoustonFan
RealGM
And1: 6,966

Post#276 » by AllanHoustonFan » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:16 pm

It's been 6 days and I still cheese mad hard anytime I see this story mentioned. Carton is a closet racist and a piece of **** who always thought he **** didn't stink. Karma is real fam.
#MKGA
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,005

Post#277 » by Pharmcat » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:19 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

funny how things turn around. karma is a you know what
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,816

Post#278 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:06 pm

Sark wrote:Honestly Kaepernick's biggest issue is that he's not that good at QB. If he were a better player, someone would give him a chance. Look at Ray Rice and Ezekiel Elliot. Rice sucks now and is old, and he hits his wife. Elliot is good and young, and he hits his gf and still has a job. If you're good, you'll keep getting chances until you suck. Then you get no more chances.

uhhh when i hear Kaps issue is hes just not that good, i know the person hasnt researched...he had 16td and 4 int with a 90 qb rating in basically 11 games last year for the 49err, one of the owrst offensive lines and running games in the NFL.. I honestly dont believe Dak is much better than Kap except one was blessed with the greatest Oline in the nfl and a generational talent at rb yet oen was rated as the 14th best player in ALL OF THE NFL (offense and defense)...without a doubt he's back up worthy... Kap is better than almost every backup in the NFL
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,816

Post#279 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:14 pm

Greenie wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Free speech in America. Everyone loves it until someone does it.

Free speech =/= consequence free speech.
I think it was Don Imus who went on that racist rant on WFAN and lost his job "but but free speech." Of course his speech was hateful, ignorant and awful (coupled with other things). I don't know Imus at all, but I am glad his employer got rid of him after that incident...

Is what Kap doing racist?

these false equivalencys are absurd...
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
BKAY
Analyst
And1: 1,396

Post#280 » by BKAY » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:51 pm

With Kaep, he's just not good enough to warrant the distraction. He may be better or as good as most backups/crappy starters but bringing on Kaep brings a whole slew of media spotlight. Kaep's got a good message but he is, undeniably, a distraction. Teams with bad quarterbacks are most likely building towards the future and Kaep is pushing 30. Teams with good quarterbacks dont need the backup quarterback creating controversy.

Return to New York Knicks