ImageImageImageImageImage

Oakley Files Civil Suit Against Dolan: Tell Me How You REALLY Feel, Charles

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

louieOrr
Sixth Man
And1: 474

Re: Oakley Files Civil Suit Against Dolan: Tell Me How You REALLY Feel, Charles 

Post#21 » by louieOrr » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:39 pm

Really though, Dolan is a disgrace. What happened to once a Knick always a Knick ?

He is a soulless, sleazy, blood sucking leech. He doesn't care about our tradition or our history. He only cares about $$$ and personal status.

So disrespectful to Oakley and us fans. Real POS.
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,889

Post#22 » by Jay10 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:39 pm

Isiahthomass wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:Before Dolan apologists call Oakley petty and childish, remember this:

https://www.si.com/nba/2016/12/06/jayson-williams-charles-oakley-rehabiliation-addiction

Or this:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/charles-oakley-s-pool-altercation-in-las-vegas-1.13109638

I live in Vegas and Oakley has a bad rep here.

I wish people would stop equating that by admonishing this type of behavior you are somehow a Dolan fan. I am a huge fan of Oakley as a Knicks player, and not a fan of Dolan as an owner. But acting the way he did was unacceptable, end of story.

Two years ago during the Cavs-Warriors Finals, the analysts from ESPN[Rachel Nichols, Amin El Hassan, etc.] were live streaming and discussing the final outcome of the game, which they would also do during the halftime of every finals game.

Out of nowhere all you heard was shouting and someone saying "you better not put you f'ing hand(s) on me again". I think it was Amin that then panned the cell phone so the chatroom could see the shouting match going on behind them. It was Oakley, who wanted to fight security because they weren't letting him enter the Cavs' locker room.

Trouble just seems to follow this man wherever he goes. :lol:
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,889

Post#23 » by Jay10 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:41 pm

louieOrr wrote:Really though, Dolan is a disgrace. What happened to once a Knick always a Knick ?

He is a soulless, sleazy, blood sucking leech. He doesn't care about our tradition or our history. He only cares about $$$ and personal status.

Oakley is just mad his former teammates are collecting checks with Dolan's signature.
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,049

Post#24 » by vallen » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:49 pm

another old douche trying to stay relevant.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,020

Post#25 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:13 pm

louieOrr wrote:Really though, Dolan is a disgrace. What happened to once a Knick always a Knick ?

Not for nothing but Oakley isn't helping any. I get that he doesn't want to cowtail to Dolan (unlike a lot of the rest of his former Knick teammates perhaps...LJ, Houston, even Spree, etc.). That's great. But then you shouldn't expect Dolan, who you have to know is petty, to simply be ok with him doing whatever he wants in basically what is Dolan's house. It is what it is. Look, Dolan is an idiot and I would love that he sell the team to someone more competent but what Oakley is expecting is unrealistic and he's coming off as big an jerk as Dolan (and that's hard to do). If it was anyone that did what Oakley was reported to have been wanting and doing in MSG, that person would have been tossed out by security as well. This is a fight that Oakley simply cannot win. All the Knicks need to do is to prove that what Oakley did warranted what happened regardless of who it was. That's it. Him being a former Knick may have some bearing in the court of public opinion (which Dolan has shown he doesn't really care about) but not in a court of law unless Oakley can show some proof contractually that the Knicks agreed to allow him to do what he did and access to anywhere in MSG that he wants.
Amsterdam
Analyst
And1: 1,622

Post#26 » by Amsterdam » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:38 pm

"Us fans" lmao
Amsterdam
Analyst

Post#27 » by Amsterdam » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:44 pm

knicks85 wrote:that complaint reads like a first-semester 4th tier law school student...your five minutes are up oakley

Haha, sounds like a Dear Santa letter...

No free tickets?
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,396

Post#28 » by BadNewsBarnes » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:49 pm

It's time to make some popcorn...
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:51 pm

Oak would have been better off hiring a young sharp PR staff and have them start a social media campaign to attack Dolan than do this.
louieOrr
Sixth Man

Re: RE: Re: Oakley Files Civil Suit Against Dolan: Tell Me How You REALLY Feel, Charles 

Post#30 » by louieOrr » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:24 pm

Amsterdam wrote:

"Us fans" lmao

Glad i could tickle you un-funny bone. I guess you dont get it. Thats fine, but no reason to mock my post.

Sent from my SM-G920V using RealGM mobile app
louieOrr
Sixth Man

Re: RE: Re: Oakley Files Civil Suit Against Dolan: Tell Me How You REALLY Feel, Charles 

Post#31 » by louieOrr » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:26 pm

moocow007 wrote:

Not for nothing but Oakley isn't helping any. I get that he doesn't want to cowtail to Dolan (unlike a lot of the rest of his former Knick teammates perhaps...LJ, Houston, even Spree, etc.). That's great. But then you shouldn't expect Dolan, who you have to know is petty, to simply be ok with him doing whatever he wants in basically what is Dolan's house. It is what it is. Look, Dolan is an idiot and I would love that he sell the team to someone more competent but what Oakley is expecting is unrealistic and he's coming off as big an jerk as Dolan (and that's hard to do). If it was anyone that did what Oakley was reported to have been wanting and doing in MSG, that person would have been tossed out by security as well. This is a fight that Oakley simply cannot win. All the Knicks need to do is to prove that what Oakley did warranted what happened regardless of who it was. That's it. Him being a former Knick may have some bearing in the court of public opinion (which Dolan has shown he doesn't really care about) but not in a court of law unless Oakley can show some proof contractually that the Knicks agreed to allow him to do what he did and access to anywhere in MSG that he wants.

I agree. Im not saying his case has aby merrit, but i do think its a symptom of Dolans arrogance and lack of respect for the frannchise itself.

Amsterdam
Analyst

Post#32 » by Amsterdam » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:35 pm

louieOrr wrote:
Amsterdam wrote:

"Us fans" lmao

Glad i could tickle you un-funny bone. I guess you dont get it. Thats fine, but no reason to mock my post.

Not trying to offend you Bro.
Maybe it wasn't undetstood. You said us fans as in you yourself as a fsn singularly or the fanbase?
Cause IDGAF about Oakley's notorious rants or ridiculous lawsuit.
Just saying :)
louieOrr
Sixth Man

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Oakley Files Civil Suit Against Dolan: Tell Me How You REALLY Feel, Charles 

Post#33 » by louieOrr » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:56 pm

Amsterdam wrote:
louieOrr wrote:
Amsterdam wrote:

"Us fans" lmao

Maybe it wasn't undetstood. You said us fans as in you yourself as a fsn singularly or the fanbase?

Thats cool man I did mean it plural lol. Im not saying his lawsuit has merit, but im sure it didint need to get to this level.Im feel Dolan and his ego have more to do with this then oaks prior behaviour

BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,552

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Oakley Files Civil Suit Against Dolan: Tell Me How You REALLY Feel, Charles 

Post#34 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:01 pm

louieOrr wrote:
Amsterdam wrote:
louieOrr wrote:Glad i could tickle you un-funny bone. I guess you dont get it. Thats fine, but no reason to mock my post.

Thats cool man I did mean it plural lol. Im not saying his lawsuit has merit, but im sure it didint need to get to this level.Im feel Dolan and his ego have more to do with this then oaks prior behaviour

you mean his well documented prior incidents of trying to fight security? Yeah has no relevance...either he has a chemical imbalance or was drunk those times..
Formerly Knicks85
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#35 » by NYKAL » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:02 pm

Isiahthomass wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:Before Dolan apologists call Oakley petty and childish, remember this:

https://www.si.com/nba/2016/12/06/jayson-williams-charles-oakley-rehabiliation-addiction

Or this:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/charles-oakley-s-pool-altercation-in-las-vegas-1.13109638

I live in Vegas and Oakley has a bad rep here.

I wish people would stop equating that by admonishing this type of behavior you are somehow a Dolan fan. I am a huge fan of Oakley as a Knicks player, and not a fan of Dolan as an owner. But acting the way he did was unacceptable, end of story.

Oak and that "legendary" Knicks squad never won it all so, legend my ass. Dude been an ass for years, acting like he has diplomatic immunity of something. Saw dude go postal at a mall in Atl. Just completely shytted on the people who worked there.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Post#36 » by nedleeds » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:16 pm

Race card coming hard out of Oaks deck. So pathetic.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:22 pm

nedleeds wrote:Race card coming hard out of Oaks deck. So pathetic.

"I bet if Kiki Vandeweghe threw down against security he'd not have been tossed"
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,648

Post#38 » by nedleeds » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:29 pm

Chris Dudley also. They'd have let him call Dolan a twat, punch a security guy snd rewarded him with a hot dog.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,552

Post#39 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:39 pm

nedleeds wrote:Race card coming hard out of Oaks deck. So pathetic.

noones playing the race card...stop with this nonsense
Formerly Knicks85
louieOrr
Sixth Man

Post#40 » by louieOrr » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:55 pm

knicks85 wrote:
louieOrr wrote:
Amsterdam wrote:

you mean his well documented prior incidents of trying to fight security? Yeah has no relevance...either he has a chemical imbalance or was drunk those times..

I'm not saying its irrelevant. I'm saying cause and effect. If the thing with the Cleveland locker room thing is true then yes its ridiculous.

First of all, if Oakley paid his own $$ to go to that game, he can say whatever the FK he wants like everyone else does.

No matter what you don't confront him like that. They confronted him because Dolan didn't like what Oak was saying. That's all ego.

I don't see these scenarios happening with any other teams.

Dolans comments after about him being a drunk were slanderous. Pretty sure Dolan hits the whisky pretty hard. He has the look.

Maybe some of you are younger, but once a knick always a knick WAS our identity and our history. Dolan couldn't give a chit about that. That's a fact

Return to New York Knicks