ImageImageImageImageImage

Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,636

Re: Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition 

Post#1101 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:46 pm

If we keep Melo, I hope we bring him off the bench with the second unit. He'd beast against the opposing teams second unit. It just makes so much sense.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#1102 » by dakomish23 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Cleveland don't want him and the feeling is mutual. Why bother?

Wrong on both counts.

Yes....yes you are.

Windhorst who's as close to CLE as possible said they're interested in Melo but will not pay the price of KLove for him. There's a difference between having zero interest versus walking away because of the price.

I'm not even sure Perry wants him gone either. It's PJax Mills and the rest of the PHailure squad.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1103 » by dakomish23 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:53 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:If we keep Melo, I hope we bring him off the bench with the second unit. He'd beast against the opposing teams second unit. It just makes so much sense.

If we had better options or a prospect available, then I'd agree. Right now who's he blocking? KP Frank WHG even THJ all play different positions.

Or do you just mean to increase opportunity for the kids? That better be the MO whether he starts or not.

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,636

Post#1104 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:02 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:If we keep Melo, I hope we bring him off the bench with the second unit. He'd beast against the opposing teams second unit. It just makes so much sense.

If we had better options or a prospect available, then I'd agree. Right now who's he blocking? KP Frank WHG even THJ all play different positions.

Or do you just mean to increase opportunity for the kids? That better be the MO whether he starts or not.

It's not that, for me it's more about getting the starting 5, without Melo, used to moving the ball more so that KP, Timmy, Willy and Frank can get more shots. I want to groom them this year as a unit.

Also, Melo can beast against the second unit and won't be tested defensively as when playing against the opposing team's starting SF.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,307

Post#1105 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:44 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Wrong on both counts.

Yes....yes you are.

Windhorst who's as close to CLE as possible said they're interested in Melo but will not pay the price of KLove for him. There's a difference between having zero interest versus walking away because of the price.

I'm not even sure Perry wants him gone either. It's PJax Mills and the rest of the PHailure squad.

So they don't want him....because of price. Just like Houston. They think they can buy low. That ultimately means they don't really want him bad enough to even consider it.

Other side of the coin. It's obvious that LeBron is leaving next year...so Melo doesn't want Cleveland either. If that wasn't the case...Melo would be in Cleveland.

So...either teams pay fair value or they can go piss up a rope.
:beer: RIP mags
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#1106 » by seren » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:38 am

F*ck it. Keep Melo. Make the playoffs. East is declining, KP is getting better. We have enough talent to make it.

Sent from my XT1575 using RealGM mobile app
KnicksJesus
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#1107 » by KnicksJesus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:33 am

seren wrote:F*ck it. Keep Melo. Make the playoffs. East is declining, KP is getting better. We have enough talent to make it.

No green font??
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#1108 » by Nazrmohamed » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:38 am

dakomish23 wrote:

Hes not really blocking any singular player dakomish but he is blocking the team. Hes blocking us from changing our entire style of play while he plays PF. We will basically be a type cast half court team with Melo here that's main point of emphasis will be post up basketball from 3 positions when the rest of the nba is posting from 2 tops and even that's rare. Hes a horrible defender at the 3(although it can be mitigated at PF) which now puts us at 3 poor defenders in a starting lineup.

The only way I see Melo helping us change the culture is of he literally dumbed down his game and took 80% of his shots behind the arc
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,046

Post#1109 » by GONYK » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:42 am

dakomish23 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Wrong on both counts.

Yes....yes you are.

That doesn't address Melo not wanting to go there.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,046

Post#1110 » by GONYK » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:43 am

seren wrote:F*ck it. Keep Melo. Make the playoffs. East is declining, KP is getting better. We have enough talent to make it.

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1111 » by dakomish23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:07 am

GONYK wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Yes....yes you are.

The original post was that neither CLE or NY wants him.

Who knows what he wants at this point outside of HOU

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1112 » by dakomish23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:22 am

Nazrmohamed wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Hes not really blocking any singular player dakomish but he is blocking the team. Hes blocking us from changing our entire style of play while he plays PF. We will basically be a type cast half court team with Melo here that's main point of emphasis will be post up basketball from 3 positions when the rest of the nba is posting from 2 tops and even that's rare. Hes a horrible defender at the 3(although it can be mitigated at PF) which now puts us at 3 poor defenders in a starting lineup.

The only way I see Melo helping us change the culture is of he literally dumbed down his game and took 80% of his shots behind the arc

I'm not sure what to expect from this team whether he's on the floor or not. The high octane offense that it sounds like you're looking for needs an engine and we don't know if Frank can do that out the gate. KP and THJ are not going to create for others. WHG has good vision but is it good enough to center a whole offense around it?

IMO KP is a 5 & Melo is a 4. Even with KP still putting it together and Melo declining, we are a matchup nightmare for teams if we surround both with shooting and defense. Frank THJ for sure in the backcourt and either Lee or LFT at the other forward spot. I think you'll see better ball movement due to the spacing provided. We know Melo is a train wreck on D and id be fine if he was the 6th man. We just don't have better options.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1113 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:59 am

dakomish23 wrote:
GONYK wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Actually...you mentioned Osman as a piece in a Me7o Cleveland trade. I said...Melo don't want them and they don't want him. Then you quoted Windbaghorse and then I stopped listening
Trade Me7o
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1114 » by dakomish23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:15 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
GONYK wrote:

Actually...you mentioned Osman as a piece in a Me7o Cleveland trade. I said...Melo don't want them and they don't want him. Then you quoted Windbaghorse and then I stopped listening
Trade Me7o

Yeah you're right.

I used a guy covering the CLE organization and you stopped listening. :lol:

If Melo changes his mind, Osman will be a guy coming here. So I posted a podcast on this kid's performance.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Basketball1981
Sophomore
And1: 82

Post#1115 » by Basketball1981 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:24 am

Melo to Houston won't happen, I think that much is for certain now. If there was any thinkable way through a straight up trade or 3 way trade to get Melo to Houston, it would have been done by now.

It will come down to whether Melo adds a couple teams to his list or not. I hope he adds Cleveland at some point. With them having that BKN pick I could see a potential trade happening. We would have to give up A LOT, but it may be worthwhile. I think any sensible trade for that pick that excludes KP, would have to inlude our own pick.

Like Melo + X for the rights to swap picks with Cleveland for that BKN pick. I personally hope that we can somehow get a top 3 pick in the upcoming draft. This way there is a realistic chance to lay a great foundation for this organization, pairing KP with another potentially great player. Such a trade would of course only work if we ourselves are a top 8 lottery team. Otherwise I literally see no way Cleveland would agree to such a trade.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1116 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:29 am

dakomish23 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Trade Me7o

Yeah you're right.

I used a guy covering the CLE organization and you stopped listening. :lol:

If Melo changes his mind, Osman will be a guy coming here. So I posted a podcast on this kid's performance.

If Melo changes his mind? Do you proof read your posts? Why exactly would Me7o do that? Le Bron told him He's leaving. That's what sauces close to the macaroni tell me.

If Melo goes to Cleveland I'll buy that used blow up **** doll from NYKFatboy
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#1117 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:44 am

My prediction is that melo comes back super in shape, motivated, and determined.

He looks fantastic and suddenly teams become overtly interested again

I think there will be a lot of interest in trading for melo this year
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,836

Post#1118 » by BowlRips » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:12 pm

Knicks gotta come out stinking it up. Once Melo sees that there's no chance for playoffs in NYK this year then I think he may open up his options.
According to WOJ, Portland is salivating for Melo
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#1119 » by Besart19 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:26 pm

Hayward, filler and pick for Melo, KOQ and Lee

Boston made a mistake by giving that huge deal to Hayward while are can absorb some salary if the picks are there.

Irving/Rozier
Smart/Brown
Lee/Tatum
Melo/Morris
Horford/KOQ
Strength and Honour!
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,261

Post#1120 » by DOT » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:29 pm

Besart19 wrote:Hayward, filler and pick for Melo, KOQ and Lee

Boston made a mistake by giving that huge deal to Hayward while are can absorb some salary if the picks are there.

Irving/Rozier
Smart/Brown
Lee/Tatum
Melo/Morris
Horford/KOQ

BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe

Return to New York Knicks