ImageImageImageImageImage

Starbury making a come back to NBA???

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

LBnySuaveJav23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,217

Re: Starbury making a come back to NBA??? 

Post#21 » by LBnySuaveJav23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:20 am

*Formerbury
"Yeah, you are. You right, bro" - Joe Dumars telling every PG on the roster they are starting.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#22 » by Sark » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:29 am

April 1 was almost 6 months ago.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,290

Post#23 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:31 am

Melo 3.0?
:beer: RIP mags
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,105

Post#24 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:07 pm

The only thing that is certain is that Marbury is in better shape than Stevie Franchise. Not hard since Wingo probably has less wear and tear on his body (and a more youthful liver) than Francis.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,561

Post#25 » by ctorres » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:09 pm

I'd prefer Starbury over Ramon Sessions :D
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:27 pm

ctorres wrote:I'd prefer Starbury over Ramon Sessions :D

Not sure about that but yeah at least I think folks are not going to be pleasantly surprised by Sessions.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#27 » by BeagleBoss » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:46 pm

It boggles my mind how some fans can even like Crackbury. He was a complete bust and embarrassment here!
Senior
And1: 404

Post#28 » by 1999 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:11 pm

I've been clamoring for his return for a long time. He deserved a coach that believed in him. Every coach tried to change his game. Marbury was a scoring pg when it wasn't fashionable to be one and he paid the price. I loved his game, and I'm not going to fault him for not being Jason Kidd.
jdennis187
Analyst
And1: 175

Post#29 » by jdennis187 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:35 pm

1999 wrote:I've been clamoring for his return for a long time. He deserved a coach that believed in him. Every coach tried to change his game. Marbury was a scoring pg when it wasn't fashionable to be one and he paid the price. I loved his game, and I'm not going to fault him for not being Jason Kidd.

This is so true. Haven't posted in a bit but had to say this. Had Dantoni not benched Marbury I have no doubt he would of had a great year that year. Dude was in shape! Marbury definitely got a bad rap in the NBA and his success in China sort of proves it to an extent. Dude had HOF potential. Had he got drafted by the lakers or celtics who knows.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:39 pm

1999 wrote:I've been clamoring for his return for a long time. He deserved a coach that believed in him. Every coach tried to change his game. Marbury was a scoring pg when it wasn't fashionable to be one and he paid the price. I loved his game, and I'm not going to fault him for not being Jason Kidd.

Marbury got caught in the same trap Anthony got caught in. Wanting so badly to play for your home town team that you don't realize that it's so much pressure and so much expectations that...especially at the time they pushed their way here...was probably setting yourself up for failure. Both guys came at a time when the franchise was in dire need of a savior. Both guys got tagged as the savior. Both guys didn't have the game to be saviors for the Knicks. Marbury got run out of town and Anthony is in the process of getting run out. Marbury couldn't be Kidd or Nash (or Magic or some other great PG) just as Anthony couldn't be Lebron (or Kobe or MJ).
jdennis187
Analyst
And1: 175

Post#31 » by jdennis187 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:48 pm

moocow007 wrote:

Marbury got caught in the same trap Anthony got caught in. Wanting so badly to play for your home town team that you don't realize that it's so much pressure and so much expectations that...especially at the time they pushed their way here...was probably setting yourself up for failure. Both guys came at a time when the franchise was in dire need of a savior. Both guys got tagged as the savior. Both guys didn't have the game to be saviors for the Knicks. Marbury got run out of town and Anthony is in the process of getting run out. Marbury couldn't be Kidd or Nash (or Magic or some other great PG) just as Anthony couldn't be Lebron (or Kobe or MJ).

This is also very accurate. Having said that I always wondered what happens to Marbury had he never left phoenix. I mean marbury easily could have thrown lobs and bounce passes to AMARE as well. Instead he had to throw those same passes to Malike Rose and Jackie Butler.
Jmonty580
General Manager
And1: 400

Post#32 » by Jmonty580 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:11 pm

I cant help be root for Marbury. I dont know what he has left in the tank, but i'd love to see the Knicks pay attention to him at least. If he could come in and give us a few minutes a game as a back up and coach the young guys even that would be good. I dont think he's a headcase, I think he's matured and just loves the Knicks. Its too bad, I thought he was a GREAT talent that just ran into alot of unfortunate situations.
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,421

Post#33 » by JXL » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:56 pm

He should be in the BIG3 league. At least he'll get the notoriety there.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
KnicksLegacy
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#34 » by KnicksLegacy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:33 pm

We should give him a shot. Not like we should be trying to win anything this year anyway.

Return to New York Knicks