ImageImageImageImageImage

Eurobasket 2017 thread (Part 2) Willy IN Semifinals.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,068

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (Part 2) KP playing now! Stream Page 9. 

Post#581 » by blueNorange » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:42 am

doncic has it all, including looks. dude is gonna be a sex symbol in the nba and a model
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#582 » by ChaosHamster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:44 am

blueNorange wrote:doncic has it all, including looks. dude is gonna be a sex symbol in the nba and a model

I dunno.

His teeth are kind of yellow.. Or it was just the lighting in the arena.

Either Ways, not the hardest thing to fix. :lol:
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,274

Post#583 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:13 am

Donic does sort of have an annoying face. Which will be fine when he's a Knick. I hope we can get Grayson Allen on the bench too, to piss off fanbases for the next 10 years.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant

Post#584 » by ChaosHamster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:27 am

And yeah, KP at center should not happen, at least for now. Rebounding would look ugly af against NBA rebounders.

Even KP after the game, gave himself kind of excuse saying he is a PF playing at Center, so grabbing rebounds is a problem for their team. :lol:
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#585 » by fatalogic » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:33 am

...damn I don't want to get too excited about doncic because the Knicks probably wouldn't get him but I don't think I'd be upset if the front office made some business decisions to fall to get him.
Jellybeans
Starter
And1: 2,340

Post#586 » by Jellybeans » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:51 am

ChaosHamster wrote:And yeah, KP at center should not happen, at least for now. Rebounding would look ugly af against NBA rebounders.

Even KP after the game, gave himself kind of excuse saying he is a PF playing at Center, so grabbing rebounds is a problem for their team. :lol:

I dont get this bitching about his rebouding..That was teams problem.Look how they switch players..Other team plays pick n rolls all day,and somehow KP guards 2-3 position players like 75% of time.He cant run from 3pt line to the basket and grab them..Yeah he lost few of them..If KP plays 4,then hes lethal at D,because no1 will go under the basket to score.Hes forced to play like that.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant

Post#587 » by ChaosHamster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:07 am

Jellybeans wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:And yeah, KP at center should not happen, at least for now. Rebounding would look ugly af against NBA rebounders.

I dont get this bitching about his rebouding..That was teams problem.Look how they switch players..Other team plays pick n rolls all day,and somehow KP guards 2-3 position players like 75% of time.He cant run from 3pt line to the basket and grab them..Yeah he lost few of them..If KP plays 4,then hes lethal at D,because no1 will go under the basket to score.Hes forced to play like that.

What do you want to argue here? Iām not bitching. I just know that some people are excited about KP at 5, Melo at 4.

And I'ma just saying that after watching KP play C at Eurobasket, that its a bad idea. At PF he is decent. At C I doubt he would be even average against NBA bigs. You add Melo at PF (I know Melo is/was a good rebounder for a SF), and it would be ugly.

And clearly KP still sees himself as PF. Thats why he added the last comment. (I'am PF, playing as center)

Just run KP+Willy and try to work it out.
Jellybeans
Starter
And1: 2,340

Post#588 » by Jellybeans » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:12 am

ChaosHamster wrote:
Jellybeans wrote:

What do you want to argue here? Iām not bitching. I just know that some people are excited about KP at 5, Melo at 4.

And I'ma just saying that after watching KP play C at Eurobasket, that its a bad idea. At PF he is decent. At C I doubt he would be even average against NBA bigs. You add Melo at PF (I know Melo is/was a good rebounder for a SF), and it would be ugly.

And clearly KP still sees himself as PF. Thats why he added the last comment. (I'am PF, playing as center)

Just run KP+Willy and try to work it out.

I didnt tell that you are bitching..People just keep looking at numbers and thats all.Just open Knicks twitter,and read about it..THey havent seen a single game,and keeps bitching about things.KP can play good at C.Problems make others on the floor.I think every1 knows that hes a PF...Main problem was personal fouls against him.Does are two dif players when u are with one pf,or with 3 in 1 quarter,where they destroy him mentaly
National team and Knicks actually where wery similar in terms of defence..SO many mystical player switching and shiet..Felt like Rambis was coaching their D :D
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

Post#589 » by JohnWillow » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:14 am

Did Latvia lose? Oh yeah, they lost, Jack Daniels at least allowed me to forget it for one evening. Now comes the second wave of feeling bad, I have to let it go :cry:
Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Re: RE: Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (Part 2) KP playing now! Stream Page 9. 

Post#590 » by Rasho Brezec » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:42 am

MartinsLusis wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:I hate FIBA with a passion. Because of that feud they have, teams have to deal with these garbage refs. How do you not notice someone elbowing the ballhandler in the face couple of feet away from you?

First half the refereeing was totally in favor of Slovenia. No wonder there were no replays after 3 of 4 very questionable calls on the latvian players although there were always replays on other fouls. Then they slowly balanced the game. Still really bad officiating overall. In the end KP didn't get whistled for a 100% 5th foul on a 3pt attempt though but then again Randolph should have gotten a flagrant foul.

Slovenians played quite dirty, especially Randolph. So you shouldn't be mad but rather thankful.

Officiating was plain bad, not in favour of anyone. And anyone that supports a team with Janis Timma on it doesn't get to accuse others of dirty play.
Basketball1981
Sophomore
And1: 82

Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (Part 2) Willy IN Semifinals. 

Post#591 » by Basketball1981 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:09 am

Let us just give credit to Slovenia. They have played a terrific tournament and have two very talented and strong players in Doncic and Dragic. I was hoping for KP to pull it out but realistically I knew Slovenia had the edge. Overall it was a great tournament for Latvia nonetheless--they played their hearts out, KP played terrific and they made it to the quarter finals. Good luck to Slovenia, I actually think they have a decent chance against spain. Spain does not look invincible.
April madness
Senior
And1: 404

Post#592 » by April madness » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:54 am

JohnWillow wrote:Did Latvia lose? Oh yeah, they lost, Jack Daniels at least allowed me to forget it for one evening. Now comes the second wave of feeling bad, I have to let it go :cry:

It's not as bad as 1939 tho. We still remember that tournament :lol:
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#593 » by FutureKnicksGM » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:46 am

KP & Doncic are going to lead us to the promise land.

**** Randolph. But need Slovenia to go all the way and get me that money.
e_l_f_o
Junior
And1: 143

Post#594 » by e_l_f_o » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:57 am

ChaosHamster wrote:
MartinsLusis wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:
Did you forget the legend himself?

I know. He played 2-3 games only and didn't play a huge role. Plus, he at least played for a Latvian club.

And I wasn't a fan of that anyway.

Yeah, I'am kind of trolling. 8-)

Didn't he had a Latvian girlfriend or even wife? And I think he even knew a language a little.

And of course he was nobody even compered to Randolph, in worlds basketball scene. :lol:

I think Anthony playing for Lithuania has a lot to do with Doncic with whom he shares team. They are very close friends at Real Madrid (have seen them couple of times going out for lunch close to RM stadium)
Llull, Llull, Llull!!
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#595 » by levendis » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:02 am

e_l_f_o wrote:
ChaosHamster wrote:
MartinsLusis wrote:
I know. He played 2-3 games only and didn't play a huge role. Plus, he at least played for a Latvian club.

And I wasn't a fan of that anyway.

Yeah, I'am kind of trolling. 8-)

Didn't he had a Latvian girlfriend or even wife? And I think he even knew a language a little.

And of course he was nobody even compered to Randolph, in worlds basketball scene. :lol:

I think Anthony playing for Lithuania has a lot to do with Doncic with whom he shares team. They are very close friends at Real Madrid (have seen them couple of times going out for lunch close to RM stadium)

Welp team Porter it is then
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Re: RE: Re: Eurobasket 2017 thread (Part 2) KP playing now! Stream Page 9. 

Post#596 » by King of Canada » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:13 am

Rasho Brezec wrote:
MartinsLusis wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:I hate FIBA with a passion. Because of that feud they have, teams have to deal with these garbage refs. How do you not notice someone elbowing the ballhandler in the face couple of feet away from you?

First half the refereeing was totally in favor of Slovenia. No wonder there were no replays after 3 of 4 very questionable calls on the latvian players although there were always replays on other fouls. Then they slowly balanced the game. Still really bad officiating overall. In the end KP didn't get whistled for a 100% 5th foul on a 3pt attempt though but then again Randolph should have gotten a flagrant foul.

Slovenians played quite dirty, especially Randolph. So you shouldn't be mad but rather thankful.

Officiating was plain bad, not in favour of anyone. And anyone that supports a team with Janis Timma on it doesn't get to accuse others of dirty play.

The whole tournament was officiated awfully. They let really rough stuff go underneath and then call tricky talk fouls. Hard to find a rhythm or pace.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#597 » by F N 11 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:00 pm

KP is legit folks... He's learning how to just pull up in the post without fading. Also F**K Anthon crey baby Randolph. You are trash and will always be trash. You bum.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#598 » by F N 11 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:12 pm

Anthony Randolph blocked me cuz I said he tried to hurt KP lmaoo Loser paying close attention to his Gram.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#599 » by levendis » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:33 pm

Good first half for Greece. Had problems finishing play at the end of the 2nd half though. Also got to hope Russia continues missing 3s. Greece has defended really well so far, so that's been part of it.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant

Post#600 » by ChaosHamster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:35 pm

I jinxed SHved :(

Return to New York Knicks