ImageImageImageImageImage

Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,958

Re: Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition 

Post#1121 » by Besart19 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:31 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Besart19 wrote:Hayward, filler and pick for Melo, KOQ and Lee

Boston made a mistake by giving that huge deal to Hayward while are can absorb some salary if the picks are there.

Irving/Rozier
Smart/Brown
Lee/Tatum
Melo/Morris
Horford/KOQ

Laugh as you want, its about 45M of cap relief in two seasons or even earlier. The foundation there is Irving, Tatum and Horford (and the latter might get traded for Marc Gasol)
Strength and Honour!
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#1122 » by Red Vines » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:35 pm

Everyday it becomes clearer and clearer he can't stay. Right now he's plotting to show the world how great he is and prove ESPN wrong when that's the opposite of what we need from him. After getting dogged this summer he isn't going to take a lesser role on the team...and he can't be the center of our offense, or anyone's offense for that matter. That's why Houston or anywhere with a star PG is a better fit for him.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#1123 » by DOT » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:39 pm

Besart19 wrote:
K-DOT wrote:

Boston made a mistake by giving that huge deal to Hayward while are can absorb some salary if the picks are there.

Irving/Rozier
Smart/Brown
Lee/Tatum
Melo/Morris
Horford/KOQ

Laugh as you want, its about 45M of cap relief in two seasons or even earlier. The foundation there is Irving, Tatum and Horford (and the latter might get traded for Marc Gasol)

Buncha reasons Boston ain't trading for Melo

One, you can't trade FA signings until December 15th

Two, Boston had no interest in Melo before, why would they now?

Three, Hayward is a better player than Melo right now

Four, Boston loves their white players
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#1124 » by seren » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Frank/THJr/Melo/KP/Hernangomez with Baker/Lee/Kuz/LT/Noah or OQuinn off the bench. We can probably win more than 41 with a healthy roster and KP taking the next step. I'd rather do that instead of taking long term contracts for Melo. Even without Melo, KP's improvement should keep this team not bottom out.

Sent from my XT1575 using RealGM mobile app
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#1125 » by BeagleBoss » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:52 pm

seren wrote:Frank/THJr/Melo/KP/Hernangomez with Baker/Lee/Kuz/LT/Noah or OQuinn off the bench. We can probably win more than 41 with a healthy roster and KP taking the next step. I'd rather do that instead of taking long term contracts for Melo. Even without Melo, KP's improvement should keep this team not bottom out.

Sent from my XT1575 using RealGM mobile app

a) Hornecek is still here and the players do not respect him and will not give their 110%.

b) Rambis is still here and the players do not respect him either, therefor the defense will again be ranked in the bottom 5.

c) KP and Hardaway likely will not be able to take that next step with Melo on the roster.

d) Ntilikina, unless he shocks the world and has challenges for ROY, along with Sessions and Baker are the likely the worst PG trio in the league.

e) The more they lose and the more Melo is still here, the more drama will surround the team sucking whatever energy and effort is still there.

There is absolutely no chance in hell this team can win 41 games.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,019

Post#1126 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:58 pm

Red Vines wrote:Everyday it becomes clearer and clearer he can't stay. Right now he's plotting to show the world how great he is and prove ESPN wrong when that's the opposite of what we need from him. After getting dogged this summer he isn't going to take a lesser role on the team...and he can't be the center of our offense, or anyone's offense for that matter. That's why Houston or anywhere with a star PG is a better fit for him.

Problem is that Houston, regardless of how much they want or don't want him, simply does not have the assets to give the Knicks what is necessary nor do I see them being able to find those assets at any point this upcoming season (assets just don't come out of thin air). The hope is that Anthony plays well, that several other teams that he may want to go to plays real well and that he'll be dealt to one of those teams. I do not see him in Houston...at least not traded there by the Knicks. Best shot he has of playing in Houston is being traded to Houston by whatever team the Knicks trade him to OR by opting out of his contract at seasons end. We should be hoping that Portland, New Orleans and/or OKC really play great ball and we can ship him to one of those destinations.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#1127 » by dakomish23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Actually...you mentioned Osman as a piece in a Me7o Cleveland trade. I said...Melo don't want them and they don't want him. Then you quoted Windbaghorse and then I stopped listening
Trade Me7o

Yeah you're right.

I used a guy covering the CLE organization and you stopped listening. :lol:

If Melo changes his mind, Osman will be a guy coming here. So I posted a podcast on this kid's performance.

If Melo changes his mind? Do you proof read your posts? Why exactly would Me7o do that? Le Bron told him He's leaving. That's what sauces close to the macaroni tell me.

If Melo goes to Cleveland I'll buy that used blow up **** doll from NYKFatboy

A lot of variables in play so we don't know what's going to happen. A lot of people here talked about Osman as part of the return, so I posted a podcast talking about the kid's performance in Eurobasket.

You want Melo gone. I post something about a piece retuned from a possible destination. You should be listening to that podcast. Kid seems to be a good fit with our young group based on their analysis.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,237

Post#1128 » by John Murdoch » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:18 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:If we keep Melo, I hope we bring him off the bench with the second unit. He'd beast against the opposing teams second unit. It just makes so much sense.
Howd that go with Iverson lol? You gotta realize these former stars would rather be out of the league than come off the bench . Even guys like Wade getting bought out still think they are top 3 at their position
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1129 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:20 pm

John Murdoch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:If we keep Melo, I hope we bring him off the bench with the second unit. He'd beast against the opposing teams second unit. It just makes so much sense.
Howd that go with Iverson lol? You gotta realize these former stars would rather be out of the league than come off the bench . Even guys like Wade getting bought out still think they are top 3 at their position

You're probably right. That's why I would be absolutely amazed if the Knicks actually even tried to suggest Anthony coming off the bench. Dont' see it. If Anthony is still with the team (and I expect he will) I expect him to start.
NYKnicks6
Senior
And1: 399

Post#1130 » by NYKnicks6 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:22 pm

Irving/Rozier
Smart/Brown
Lee/Tatum
Melo/Morris
Horford/KOQ

:o :o :o
juandavidgv
Sophomore
And1: 34

Post#1131 » by juandavidgv » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using RealGM mobile app
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1132 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:42 pm

juandavidgv wrote:
Read on Twitter

They should. In fact, if Anthony actually has a great start they should set aside a specific section of the garden, call it something like "The Hood" and make everyone in that section wear hoodies. Just like the Yankees were doing with Aaron Judge and the "Judges Corner".
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,352

Post#1133 » by F N 11 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:44 pm

juandavidgv wrote:
Read on Twitter

He hears a lot of things that doesnt happen.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
KnicksLegacy
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#1134 » by KnicksLegacy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:15 pm

Red Vines wrote:Everyday it becomes clearer and clearer he can't stay. Right now he's plotting to show the world how great he is and prove ESPN wrong when that's the opposite of what we need from him. After getting dogged this summer he isn't going to take a lesser role on the team...and he can't be the center of our offense, or anyone's offense for that matter. That's why Houston or anywhere with a star PG is a better fit for him.

Yes this is so true.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,001

Post#1135 » by god shammgod » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:31 pm

i'm pretty sure i saw a melo hoodie already
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1136 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:33 pm

KnicksLegacy wrote:

Yes this is so true.

:wave:

Stop taking names new users can use, dkilla.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#1137 » by god shammgod » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:38 pm

well damn #ibelievethatsthedoor
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#1138 » by god shammgod » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:43 pm

ChilledAlex
Sixth Man
And1: 960

Post#1139 » by ChilledAlex » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:49 pm

Seriously if Melo isn't on tank with us to get Doncic then F it and give him away for Anderson and couple of future 1st rounders(how many Rockets got?)
ChilledAlex
Sixth Man
And1: 960

Post#1140 » by ChilledAlex » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:51 pm

Also F(#@# ESPN, what a garbage disrespects Melo this way.

F**#$(# produced clickbait bull%%%% just to get clicks and storm in NY. Don't give those clowns any interviews ever again

Return to New York Knicks