ImageImageImageImageImage

Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,069

Re: Me7o Thread: Hoodie edition 

Post#1141 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:11 pm

WajaBawl
Starter
And1: 2,250

Post#1142 » by WajaBawl » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:22 pm

Honestly, with this article out, it kinda lands in the favor of the Knicks who could now bench Melo and further incite him to waive his no-trade clause. No way he's just gonna sit there on the bench with that disrespectful list out in the open, and will be desperate to prove himself on a contender that he's still a top 25 player in this league.
RealGM's Scandinavian Correspondent
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,362

Post#1143 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:28 pm

John Murdoch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:If we keep Melo, I hope we bring him off the bench with the second unit. He'd beast against the opposing teams second unit. It just makes so much sense.
Howd that go with Iverson lol? You gotta realize these former stars would rather be out of the league than come off the bench . Even guys like Wade getting bought out still think they are top 3 at their position

I hope you're right. :D Maybe it'll motivate Melo to consider adding to the list of teams he would waive for. What's the worst that can happen? He'll be a complete cancer and send the team spiraling towards a top 5 pick.

Win-win!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1144 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:30 pm

moocow007 wrote:
John Murdoch wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:If we keep Melo, I hope we bring him off the bench with the second unit. He'd beast against the opposing teams second unit. It just makes so much sense.
Howd that go with Iverson lol? You gotta realize these former stars would rather be out of the league than come off the bench . Even guys like Wade getting bought out still think they are top 3 at their position

You're probably right. That's why I would be absolutely amazed if the Knicks actually even tried to suggest Anthony coming off the bench. Dont' see it. If Anthony is still with the team (and I expect he will) I expect him to start.

What could he do if Jeff decided that it was best for the team and for Melo that he come off the bench? Refuse to play? :D Even better! Ask for a trade? Even mo' better.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1145 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:31 pm

At this point, if he's a Knick, I want him to do well.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#1146 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:36 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:At this point, if he's a Knick, I want him to do well.

This kind of attitude is unwelcome on this board

Shame
Shame
Shame
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,000

Post#1147 » by Reign23 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:40 pm

damn, I need a melo hoodie!
formerly known as knickst4pe
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1148 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:53 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:

This kind of attitude is unwelcome on this board

Shame
Shame
Shame

I forgot myself.

I've beaten the drum for him to be traded, but mostly in the context of "Knicks will get worse, one more year of rebuild" and/or "get some sort of assets while they can", but I was always realistic and didn't think it would be an asset "haul". I thought Houston was a good partner for a trade, but trying to place Ryan Anderson somewhere to make the whole thing happen is difficult at best. Honestly, I think Morey saw Mills being temporarily fully in charge was like a housewife seeing a "75% off SALE!!!" and he was hoping to get a cheap score before anyone on the Knicks came to their senses. So at this point, unless a deal where a #1 (low) pick appears without extra salary, I'm all for Melo doing well. It would be cool if with a steadier PG and a non triangle offense and a year of KP growth the Knicks actually looked decent. I know they need to tank and I'll be fine with that result, but if they play well, I'll take it. I get it's "treadmill" in a way, but they'll still have a first round pick of some kind no matter what.

Really want them to suck badly and get Donic. That would fit the whole team identity/style of play thing. Slim chance though.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,065

Post#1149 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:01 pm

WajaBawl wrote:Honestly, with this article out, it kinda lands in the favor of the Knicks who could now bench Melo and further incite him to waive his no-trade clause. No way he's just gonna sit there on the bench with that disrespectful list out in the open, and will be desperate to prove himself on a contender that he's still a top 25 player in this league.

The Knicks gave him the NTC. It would make the Knicks look about as petty as they can possibly be if they now try to force him to waive it by not playing him. The Knicks need to stop looking like a slop house run by a bunch of incompetent zoo keepers. They gave him the NTC, accept it, live with it. Trying to trade him is fine. But to be petty like this is not going to make them look like professionals, is going to send a message to pretty much all the players in the NBA (most of whom actually like Anthony) that the NY Knicks is not a place you want to be cause if they make a mistake and give you something good they're try to twist your arm to give it back to them. I'll present this in a different way. This is EXACTLY something that Isiah Thomas and/or Larry Brown (2 of the biggest snake in the grasses in this organizations history) would have tried to do. If that doesn't tell you that that's the wrong way to go, not sure what would.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,973

Post#1150 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:03 pm

Reign23 wrote:damn, I need a melo hoodie!

looks fresh but they charging $70 just for one lol
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,065

Post#1151 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:03 pm

Exactly. Best case is that the Knicks ship him out and we move forward without getting crap back. But if they can't ship him might as well hope he does the best. To hope that he performs like crap and that a zoo atmosphere takes over the Knicks (or whatever other crazy emotion backed desires) is just nuts.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#1152 » by ChaosHamster » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:04 pm

Shame that Melo doesn't want to go to Portland. :/
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,195

Post#1153 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:35 pm

Trade Melo
:beer: RIP mags
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,859

Post#1154 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:48 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:Shame that Melo doesn't want to go to Portland. :/

not for him
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1155 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:03 pm

I've always wanted him to do well. Phil wanted him to do well. Everybody wants him to do well. But he won't change his style of play to suit what's best for the team. Will he agree to come off the bench as a 6th man if that's what the team wants? I've never heard him say anything close to "I'll do whatever is needed to help the team win." Never.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1156 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:18 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

I've always wanted him to do well. Phil wanted him to do well. Everybody wants him to do well. But he won't change his style of play to suit what's best for the team. Will he agree to come off the bench as a 6th man if that's what the team wants? I've never heard him say anything close to "I'll do whatever is needed to help the team win." Never.

Exactly. It's going to be the Melo show. That's not in the best interests of the Knicks. If he plays within whatever system and does what the coach asks...cool. I just don't see him doing that. Will he even try to play defense or, is his scoring more important than the team?

If we get stuck with him, he needs to be all about the team. If he can't do that, bench him. Playing him all out and risking injury is as dumb as it gets. Especially if he's all about him and, if he's still on the trading block.

We won't be making any big FA signing next year to add to this team with Melo. We are capped out until he leaves basically. So this will just be a huge waste of time for the team, the fans and, for Melo.

Yay treadmill.
battabing10
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#1157 » by battabing10 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:22 pm

magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#1158 » by magnumt » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:23 pm

moocow007 wrote:
juandavidgv wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using RealGM mobile app

They should. In fact, if Anthony actually has a great start they should set aside a specific section of the garden, call it something like "The Hood" and make everyone in that section wear hoodies. Just like the Yankees were doing with Aaron Judge and the "Judges Corner".

#AllRise! :D

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#1159 » by King of Canada » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:54 pm

I'm going to Knicks Rockets Nov 1st. On the fence about which team I want to see Melo on.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#1160 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:46 am

King of Canada wrote:I'm going to Knicks Rockets Nov 1st. On the fence about which team I want to see Melo on.

I don't want him on the Knicks bit...he most likely will be.

I want a crack at one more lottery pick. The higher the better. With Melo here, I think that we will be closer to a playoff team than a lottery team.

Our PG rotation is the key. If Frank can prove to be a starting quality guard right away or, if Baker gets his shooting up and gives us anything this team is not that bad. Sessions is a backup at best. It's the kids that are crucial to how good/bad this team will be. Melo adds wins to that most likely.

Going to be a difficult season for me if Melo is still here. I won't root for losing and I won't truly enjoy winning with him being a big part of it...unless we can be a tough out in the playoffs Bittersweet. If he's not part of the future...I would rather him not be the focus of what we are doing. If we can win with him as the 2nd/3rd option, cool. I don't see him willing to be that guy.

Return to New York Knicks