ImageImageImageImageImage

BAF Discussion Continued

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#121 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:53 pm

I hope someone raises the bar on AG...
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#122 » by HEZI » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:56 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:I hope someone raises the bar on AG...

I think people are scared of bidding wars with Hoffa now
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,985

Post#123 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:56 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:100% melo was the won that got Collins...dude has a chubby for him.

he can jump...isn't that the only pre-requisite? :lol:

:lol:
he's good but too expensive for me
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#124 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:56 pm

HEZI wrote:

Gotta turn the tables eventually.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,075

Post#125 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:57 pm

HEZI wrote:

honestly I don't think Hoffa has been bidding on any of the guys that he hasn't already gotten or has no intention of getting.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,150

Post#126 » by mpharris36 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:04 pm

he def value for sure...but I just never really got what he does well outside of being a sick athlete.

Like I was never a huge fan of Jabari Parker (who was a crazy good athlete). But he has an offensive game.

Gordon just seems kinda awkward with the ball outside of transition dunks...he's an ok defender which is nice. But still a tweener.

But can't hate on the value or the possibility for improvement because he's so young...
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
bringbackhoffa
RealGM
And1: 5,041

Re: RE: Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#127 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:04 pm

moocow007 wrote:
HEZI wrote:

honestly I don't think Hoffa has been bidding on any of the guys that he hasn't already gotten or has no intention of getting.

There were a few players I bid on a couple of days ago that I just wanted to inflate their value to a fair price as there was still a lot of coin around.

Otherwise I have been bidding on players I wanted if I realize that the price point is wack I'll bid it up to a point and then just move on to someone else.

abort the process
Charlotte Hornets 2024-25

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#128 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:06 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

he def value for sure...but I just never really got what he does well outside of being a sick athlete.

Like I was never a huge fan of Jabari Parker (who was a crazy good athlete). But he has an offensive game.

Gordon just seems kinda awkward with the ball outside of transition dunks...he's an ok defender which is nice. But still a tweener.

But can't hate on the value or the possibility for improvement because he's so young...

I'm not a fan. Wasn't a fan of his before the draft. Didn't really see what the big deal about him was other than, like you said, he's a sick athlete. He does seem awkward. He really doesn't do anything real well that says to me that he will be anything special. With a lot of these other guys you can see glimpses of some great potential (beyond just athletic dunking). Not seeing a whole lot of substance once you get past the flash. I would see $35 on John Collins as possibly better value to be honest.
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#129 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:08 pm

moocow007 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I'm not a fan. Wasn't a fan of his before the draft. Didn't really see what the big deal about him was other than, like you said, he's a sick athlete. He does seem awkward. He really doesn't do anything real well that says to me that he will be anything special. With a lot of these other guys you can see glimpses of some great potential (beyond just athletic dunking). Not seeing a whole lot of substance once you get past the flash.

My team going to be all flash. Might even squeeze into an 8th seed..

Bledsoe
Bradley
Morris/tobias
Gordon

abort the process

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

On the block: Huerter 36/2 years, Rubio- $6/3 years, Mills- $3/3 years, Duncan Robinson- $16/1 year, Okeke- $1/3 years
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#130 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:11 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I'm not a fan. Wasn't a fan of his before the draft. Didn't really see what the big deal about him was other than, like you said, he's a sick athlete. He does seem awkward. He really doesn't do anything real well that says to me that he will be anything special. With a lot of these other guys you can see glimpses of some great potential (beyond just athletic dunking). Not seeing a whole lot of substance once you get past the flash.

My team going to be all flash.

Bledsoe
Bradley
Morris/tobias
Gordon

abort the process

The rest of the guys have skill and substance. Bledsoe I think can be one of the best deals in this BAF, he's talented, he's got toughness and his game plays well. Bradley IMO is just about ready to be an All-Star so that's got a lot of substance. I've been a big Harris fan. He has a lot of skills. Just still a little rough around the edges. Plus he plays like he actually loves the game. Morris also has shown that he can produce and has skills. Every one of those guys play a hard nosed game with talent to back it which is what you want in a basketball player. Gordon? Ehhh...he does dunk real well though.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#131 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:12 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Bledsoe
Bradley
Morris/tobias
Gordon

abort the process

You're not making the playoffs with Bledsoe playing 40-50 games. :lol:
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#132 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:13 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Bledsoe
Bradley
Morris/tobias
Gordon

abort the process

You're not making the playoffs with Bledsoe playing 40-50 games.

It's a good thing I still have almost 500 to spend

abort the process

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: BAF Discussion Continued 

Post#133 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:16 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:My team going to be all flash. Might even squeeze into an 8th seed..

Bledsoe
Bradley
Morris/tobias
Gordon

abort the process

You're not making the playoffs with Bledsoe playing 40-50 games.

It's a good thing I still have almost 500 to spend

abort the process

With few game changers available.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#134 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:22 pm

Just in case all the clues I've thrown out hasn't caught on, I'm not serious about Crawford being waived. He's not being waived. Gentry actually likes him and see's him as a potential nice offensive sparkplug off the bench. Doesn't like his defense but offense is something that Gentry has said again and again is necessary to win games. Also you'll notice that most of the guys the Pelicans have been adding are defensive geared (that's to compliment not replace Crawford). That tell's you that they are fine with Crawford as one of the focal points offensively off the bench (again, Gentry has said that while folks get stuck on defense, the reality is that you have to score points to win). Plus Crawford is on a great (nearly no strings attached) deal. And with Solomon Hill out for the season they actually need all the wings they can muster. So...yeah. lol. Crawford may not be a likeable guy but the only guy this matters to is Alvin Gentry. And Gentry likes him so chances are good that as long as Gentry is there Crawford will also be there and playing in the rotation.
pass first
Head Coach
And1: 763

Post#135 » by pass first » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:22 pm

moocow007 wrote:Just in case all the clues I've thrown out hasn't caught on, I'm not serious about Crawford being waived.

:lol:
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#136 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:24 pm

moocow007 wrote:Just in case all the clues I've thrown out hasn't caught on, I'm not serious about Crawford being waived. He's not being waived. Gentry actually likes him and see's him as a potential nice offensive sparkplug off the bench. Doesn't like his defense but offense is something that Gentry has said again and again is necessary to win games. Also you'll notice that most of the guys the Pelicans have been adding are defensive geared (that's to compliment not replace Crawford). That tell's you that they are fine with Crawford as one of the focal points offensively off the bench (again, Gentry has said that while folks get stuck on defense, the reality is that you have to score points to win). Plus Crawford is on a great (nearly no strings attached) deal. And with Solomon Hill out for the season they actually need all the wings they can muster. So...yeah. lol.

So wait...ur not friends with a friend who is friends with Crawford's agent?

abort the process

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,955

Post#137 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:25 pm

Well damn. The battle for Jordan Crawford is fierce. Everyone wants hoffa’s 2020 2nd round pick
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#138 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:26 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
moocow007 wrote:Just in case all the clues I've thrown out hasn't caught on, I'm not serious about Crawford being waived. He's not being waived. Gentry actually likes him and see's him as a potential nice offensive sparkplug off the bench. Doesn't like his defense but offense is something that Gentry has said again and again is necessary to win games. Also you'll notice that most of the guys the Pelicans have been adding are defensive geared (that's to compliment not replace Crawford). That tell's you that they are fine with Crawford as one of the focal points offensively off the bench (again, Gentry has said that while folks get stuck on defense, the reality is that you have to score points to win). Plus Crawford is on a great (nearly no strings attached) deal. And with Solomon Hill out for the season they actually need all the wings they can muster. So...yeah. lol.

So wait...ur not friends with a friend who is friends with Crawford's agent?

abort the process

Half truths my brother, half truths. Gentry likes Crawford. Crawford is going to be part of the rotation. Not sure if he'll have as much shots or freedom as he did last season but chances are pretty strong that Crawford will be getting healthy minutes. Only way he won't is if he shoots himself in the ass...by being an ass. But to which, apparently Crawford is on board with the team thing and he's got a good respect/relationship thing going with the biggest name they added this offseason...Rajon Rondo. Rondo has been Papa Rondo'ing the past few seasons and has gotten a lot of respect for his leadership.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#139 » by moocow007 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:27 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Well damn. The battle for Jordan Crawford is fierce. Everyone wants hoffa’s 2020 2nd round pick

All it takes is a contract that is not 5 years long. :lol:
bringbackhoffa
RealGM

Post#140 » by bringbackhoffa » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:30 pm

Funny how crawford probably would have gone undrafted if it for me not giving him goat status

abort the process

Morant/Alvarado
Edwards/Huerter/Robinson
Durant/Bogdanovic/Royce
Draymond/Highsmith
Gafford/Collins

Return to New York Knicks