35%

Total votes: 23

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,274

Re: AFC South 

Post#101 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jul 4, 2017 1:40 am

Otis Driftwood wrote:
shawn_hemp wrote:I feel like this is the hardest division to try and predict how the teams will finish. I could see any one of these teams finishing from first to last. If I had to guess right now, I'd probably go

1 - Texans
2 - Titans
3 - Colts
4 - Jags

but who really knows

As good a guess as any. And other than the Jags, every team has a legitimate claim to win it.

I wouldn't count out the Jags Otis. I can see Coughlin turning things around very fast there. They've done so well with the draft and free agency the past 2 years and have aquired a lot of real nice talent. The key will be Bortles. If he has any kind of a decent year with Fournette in the backfield, I believe they will be there in the end battling things out.
shawn_hemp
Starter
And1: 1,194

Post#102 » by shawn_hemp » Tue Jul 4, 2017 1:56 am

I actually think Fournette will have some tough sledding at first in Jacksonville.

He was never really known for being able to avoid tacklers, his o line is pedestrian at best, his QB seems to be a pick-6 away from being benched, and he won't be running over everyone on the field as easily as he did in college.

He reminds me of LeGarrette Blount so much. When you give them enough time to get a few steps going and build up steam, they can really terrorize an opposing D.

But if you're making contact in the backfield, they are easy to corral for good defenses. Not even from the first guy, Fournette is big enough to shake the first guy.

But he isn't moving as fast as he should when he has to break a tackle immediately. So when 2 more guys fly to the ball he eventually goes down with a pile of defenders on him.

And he isn't really noted for being a good receiver out of the backfield so it's not like he can help Bortles much outside of a screen pass or something.

Not gonna lie, I thought it was kind of a dumb pick for them but then again, maybe I'm wrong

Idk, I hope Jacksonville does good this year but I'd say a .500 season would be about as good as they can hope for.

Although, 8-8 could win this division tbh
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#103 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Jul 4, 2017 3:10 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
shawn_hemp wrote:I feel like this is the hardest division to try and predict how the teams will finish. I could see any one of these teams finishing from first to last. If I had to guess right now, I'd probably go

1 - Texans
2 - Titans
3 - Colts
4 - Jags

but who really knows

As good a guess as any. And other than the Jags, every team has a legitimate claim to win it.

I wouldn't count out the Jags Otis. I can see Coughlin turning things around very fast there. They've done so well with the draft and free agency the past 2 years and have aquired a lot of real nice talent. The key will be Bortles. If he has any kind of a decent year with Fournette in the backfield, I believe they will be there in the end battling things out.

That's why I can't hop on the Jags wagon. Bortles. Makes too many mistakes at key points of the game. I can't trust the dude.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#104 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 5, 2017 3:53 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

That's why I can't hop on the Jags wagon. Bortles. Makes too many mistakes at key points of the game. I can't trust the dude.

I kinda agree with you. I feel bad for Jaguar fans. they have done an outstanding job in the draft and picking up quality free agents the past 3 years. If they had a QB I think they could run away with the AFC South.
orlandomanic
Bench Warmer
And1: 334

Post#105 » by orlandomanic » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:47 am

I'm not sure of the Jags have a good DLine or that Houston has the worst OLine in the NFL. I think it's the latter.

I couldn't count to two before the pocket collapsed on Houston on basically every snap.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#106 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:34 am

With the running game they now have along with their outstanding defense, Bortles on needs to manage the game instead of winning it all on his own all the time.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#107 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:12 am

Luck has set back today. I have the feeling he may not play this year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#108 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:19 am

Wonder how Jwise likes his team's new QB. And they could have had Romo, wink, lol.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#109 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Nov 5, 2017 9:17 pm

Looks more and more these days that the Jaguars are players in this division now !
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#110 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 9, 2017 5:42 am

Don't understand why the Jaguars are not getting a lot more love these days. I think they are for real and just might have the best defense in the NFL.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#111 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:55 pm

Starting today, I'm giving the Jaguars a lot of love !!!!!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#112 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:59 pm

ErnieDiGregorio wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I'm starting to think and believe that the Titans might have a shot to win this division.

LOL please dont put money on that :crazy:

I already did. :nod:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#113 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:05 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Jaguars and Titans will battle it out for the AFC south this year. Book it.

:wizard: :thumbsup:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#114 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:39 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

1 - Texans
2 - Titans
3 - Colts
4 - Jags

but who really knows

Manning now asking for his release. Wonder where he could possibly go, hummmm. :gossip: :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :thinking: :cheesygrin: :biggrin: :eyebrows:
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#115 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:29 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

Manning now asking for his release. Wonder where he could possibly go, hummmm. :gossip: :rolleyes: :thumbsup: :thinking: :cheesygrin: :biggrin: :eyebrows:

Saw that "release" request was bogus. But I'd bet plenty that Coughlin is on the phone as soon as he can be with whoever is pulling the deals in NJ when the time comes. He knows what he needs in Jacksonville.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 325

Post#116 » by JaxMagic » Fri Dec 1, 2017 12:50 pm

If the Jags want Eli then they better hope that he isn't released. At this point in the season, if Eli gets released then he would have to go through the waiver process and I could definitely see a team putting in a claim before he gets to Jax. I have no doubt that Coughlin will be sniffing around this offseason though.
Yoshun
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,718

Post#117 » by Yoshun » Fri Dec 1, 2017 2:33 pm

Eli hasn't asked for his release, it was a bogus tweet.

As far as the division, I actually think the Jags will pull it out. I thought it was going to be Houston until Watson went down. The Titans have been a little disappointing.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#118 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:47 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Don't understand why the Jaguars are not getting a lot more love these days. I think they are for real and just might have the best defense in the NFL.

I saw signs back in November that the Jags defense was for real. Now I am starting to believe they can win the AFC now. :wizard:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#119 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:03 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Starting today, I'm giving the Jaguars a lot of love !!!!!

Fell in love with the Jag's and their defense back in November.
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#120 » by RavenMad31 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:46 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Starting today, I'm giving the Jaguars a lot of love !!!!!

Fell in love with the Jag's and their defense back in November.

They are really impressive for sure. I believed after what they did to my Ravens early in the season.
I feel like the offense needs to help them with at least a TD and a FG during the second half and they can pack for New England. Pittsburgh still has a few plays left in them, even if they look bad. I've seen them pull this act before.

Return to The General NFL Board