Image ImageImage Image

Around the NBA : 2017/18 Season

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,839

Re: Around the NBA : Off season edition 

Post#1061 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:06 pm

Shabazz sucks. Not a winning player.
PMONSTER
Head Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#1062 » by PMONSTER » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:14 am

I just want to know....

Does anyone here really believe Dion Waiters is better than Derrick Rose? I just want to know
NBA Playoffs.... I can never wait!
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#1063 » by GimmeDat » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:38 am

For those who didn't already know, we have black (sleeveless) alternates this season.
TyrusRose2425
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Post#1064 » by TyrusRose2425 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:11 am

I saw Rose on Saturday night. Seems way happier than he did before
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1065 » by GimmeDat » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:52 am

TyrusRose2425 wrote:I saw Rose on Saturday night. Seems way happier than he did before

That's good to hear man, hopefully he's poised for a good season. I think the pressures off for him for the first time in however many years, things have settled, fan sentiment league-wide has come full circle a bit, and he can just play ball. Being a Cav with LBJ will always feel a bit dirty, but he's an amazing player and teammate and I think it's a good situation for him.
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#1066 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:20 am

PMONSTER wrote:I just want to know....

Does anyone here really believe Dion Waiters is better than Derrick Rose? I just want to know

He's younger, no history was major injury or had questions about his desire to be in this league, and can shoot the 3 ball which is pretty much a required skill set for a guard in today's NBA.

So yeah, I would say he's "better."
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1067 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:22 am

GimmeDat wrote:
TyrusRose2425 wrote:I saw Rose on Saturday night. Seems way happier than he did before

That's good to hear man, hopefully he's poised for a good season. I think the pressures off for him for the first time in however many years, things have settled, fan sentiment league-wide has come full circle a bit, and he can just play ball. Being a Cav with LBJ will always feel a bit dirty, but he's an amazing player and teammate and I think it's a good situation for him.

Rose needs develop some semblance of a 3 ball. It's still not too late for him to do it.

How athletic he still is, that would guaruntee him a long term contract.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1068 » by GimmeDat » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:47 am

RedBulls23 wrote:
GimmeDat wrote:

Rose needs develop some semblance of a 3 ball. It's still not too late for him to do it.

How athletic he still is, that would guaruntee him a long term contract.

My initial feeling is the on-court fit isn't great, but with Kyrie gone I do think they'll have a big need for a secondary creator. Once IT comes back he'll get a crack in the 2nd unit as well, which is probably where he's best suited these days. It's a mixed bag for me.
PMONSTER
Head Coach
And1: 1,301

Post#1069 » by PMONSTER » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:00 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:

He's younger, no history was major injury or had questions about his desire to be in this league, and can shoot the 3 ball which is pretty much a required skill set for a guard in today's NBA.

Man...... You said one thing about him o. The court that he's better than Rose at. SMH. Not at you but that is probably the consensus of opinion.

Can't wait for this season to start
NBA Playoffs.... I can never wait!
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,520

Post#1070 » by dice » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:51 pm

PMONSTER wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:

Man...... You said one thing about him o. The court that he's better than Rose at. SMH. Not at you but that is probably the consensus of opinion.

there's a reason that not even the stinky knicks don't want derrick rose. without his name and now distant track record of success he might not even be in the league
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1071 » by RedBulls23 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:05 pm

PMONSTER wrote:
RedBulls23 wrote:

That one thing is really important, and the other two aren't matter of opinion, they are facts.

There is a reason Drose was only offered vet min deals or 1 year deals.
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#1072 » by Leslie Forman » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:48 pm

I remember saying Rose would go for vet min-type money a year ago and people were shocked. Now he's actually signed to vet min-type money and people are still somehow shocked.

He sucks. Shabazz too. Scorers who can't shoot, don't pass, and don't play defense are useless players.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,233

Post#1073 » by kodo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:04 pm

Not at all, but Waiters is a better complementary player than Rose is a #1 option, which is how he plays.

Waiters is a 39.5% 3P shooter and MIA's best corner 3 shooter by a mile (51.8% from there).
Waiters by DRPM was also a lot better defensively. He was -0.07, but Rose was -2.36.

Basically a market existed for a 3 & not-horrible-D player like Waiters.
There is not much market for a physically broken, unreliable, low efficiency #1/#2 option like Rose.

Iverson's decline was also rapid. He went from being 26 ppg 7 apg in Denver, to being out of the league entirely just 2 seasons later. Some kinds of players have no utility without the ball in their hands the entire game.
TheStig
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#1074 » by TheStig » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:09 pm

RedBulls23 wrote:

I agree. Waiters has a better skill set for today's game. And shooting guard is not a position heavy with talent like pg. I'd take Waiters over Rose.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,426

Post#1075 » by ImSlower » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:49 am

I don't think it's a big deal for a Bulls (or specifically a Rose) fan to consider him a below-average NBA player in 2017.

I am a bigger Cardinals fan (apologies, North side pals, enjoy your October), I absolutely revered Albert Pujols for a decade. I was happy we didnt spend 200 million on him, and he's far worse now than I thought he would be. It sucks to see my favorite baseball player since the 80s be so terrible now.

Rose might still have a turnaround and stay a productive NBA player, and I believe he can, unlike Pujols who is just gone. I doubt it, though. And sure, at this point I'd take Waiters over Rose, despite hating on Waiters game for years and loving Rose for the good times.
Proven_Winner
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#1076 » by Proven_Winner » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:34 pm

On the bright side we got Pargo back!!!!
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,064

Post#1077 » by MrSparkle » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:02 pm

When Rose's umpteenth injury happened, you could tell he was never gonna play with fire again.

In many ways, Rose wasn't even a skilled PG to begin with (by NBA standards). You could make a giant list of better shooters and fancier passers and dribblers. What made him special was his athleticism and his determination to get to the rim and finish. Made him unstoppable, basically. He had great touch around the basket, but he combined that speed and power with a fearless attitude on the court, intimidated and won every match-up.

Without that, he's just a regular NBA guard, who wants to hold the ball and take more shots than he should.

It's gotten hard to watch players with little effort on defense. They're so exposed in the faster-paced and spaced NBA -- it looks pathetic when your team can't stop PGs from lighting them up. Rose doesn't seem to have the effort nor the IQ to defend anybody.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1078 » by GimmeDat » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:45 am

It's been pretty insane how many Bulls-connections Thibs has tried to re-group at Minny - he already has Taj and Jimmy, he considered trading for Rose last season, they've recently worked out Kirk and Nate, John Lucas III was signed as an assistant coach from memory.

Seems like he's trying to bring the Bulls fans along with him as well ;)

I have no doubt if Joakim was waived or otherwise free to sign there he'd be a Wolve as well. Looking forward to watching them this season.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,812

Post#1079 » by kulaz3000 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:33 am

Why so serious?
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#1080 » by sco » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:59 pm

GimmeDat wrote:It's been pretty insane how many Bulls-connections Thibs has tried to re-group at Minny - he already has Taj and Jimmy, he considered trading for Rose last season, they've recently worked out Kirk and Nate, John Lucas III was signed as an assistant coach from memory.

Seems like he's trying to bring the Bulls fans along with him as well ;)

I have no doubt if Joakim was waived or otherwise free to sign there he'd be a Wolve as well. Looking forward to watching them this season.

I don't think Jo really loved Thibs. Those two had friction.
:clap:

Return to Chicago Bulls