ImageImageImageImageImage

Official NY Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Re: Official NY Yankees Thread 

Post#5641 » by xNewYorkMadex » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:13 pm

Good for Chapman, he needed that type of save. His control wasnt there but he dug down deep and got the save.

Good to win another series. We could essentially lock up the top wildcard spot with a strong 7 games in the next week. 6-1 while sweeping the Twins could do it.

On a side note, the Indians are amazing. Almost glad to say I saw one of those 21 consecutive W's in person :lol:
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#5642 » by magnumt » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:38 pm

Read on Twitter

Why not voice it in private to the coaching staff. Why go public with it? :-?

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,003

Post#5643 » by blue and orange » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:56 am

magnumt wrote:
Read on Twitter

Why not voice it in private to the coaching staff. Why go public with it? :-?

--Mags :beer:

Give Joe a reason to trust you then, stop being wild and out of control all the time and maybe you won't be pulled. We can't mess around at this point in the season get the job done if you dont you will get pulled. Just shut up and get yourself together.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#5644 » by Phish Tank » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:12 am

Nice win against Baltimore tonight. We've had their number most of the year. Judge has 11 HRs against the Orioles alone this year.
poeman
General Manager
And1: 7,059

Post#5645 » by poeman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:51 am

I was there...game was over before i sat down
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,149

Post#5646 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:16 pm

Is it me, or does Judge hit a lot of HR's and drive in runs once the Yanks are up 4 or 5 or more?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,097

Post#5647 » by moocow007 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:14 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Is it me, or does Judge hit a lot of HR's and drive in runs once the Yanks are up 4 or 5 or more?

No. It's not just you. Have been noticing this for quite some time. It does seem like a great deal of his homers occur when the Yankees are up. It could be a sign that once the Yankees get a big lead that opposing pitchers are flustered and don't pitch him as well and/or as carefully. Judge is right now definitely a mistake hitter. If you make a mistake he will murder the ball. If you stick to the game plan his power can probably be mitigated which is probably why he doesn't seem to hit his homers early in games or without a lead.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#5648 » by F N 11 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:20 pm

Betances still mad. Oh well. Need consistent yankee bats. Home cooking time. That last Baltimore game when Betances gave up the home run still haunting us.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#5649 » by levendis » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:07 pm

moocow007 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Is it me, or does Judge hit a lot of HR's and drive in runs once the Yanks are up 4 or 5 or more?

No. It's not just you. Have been noticing this for quite some time. It does seem like a great deal of his homers occur when the Yankees are up. It could be a sign that once the Yankees get a big lead that opposing pitchers are flustered and don't pitch him as well and/or as carefully. Judge is right now definitely a mistake hitter. If you make a mistake he will murder the ball. If you stick to the game plan his power can probably be mitigated which is probably why he doesn't seem to hit his homers early in games or without a lead.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=judgeaa01&year=2017&t=b#clutc::none

Yes he's godly in 4+ run games with a 270 OPS+!! But still if you look at closer margin games like 1 run, 2 run games, its still high 130s. Tie games are 108 which is above average, but yeah you expect better from him. His average isn't great so it seems bad, but he does produce in those spots due to his ability to draw walks and power.

Every player in baseball is a mistake hitter. Sure some of the elite ones hit good pitches, but its mostly hits off mistakes. The great hitters take advantage of it constantly, others don't. Biggest difference I saw in judge during his slump is not capitalizing on meatballs he used to be getting in the 1st half.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#5650 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:53 pm

moocow007 wrote:

It definitely does seem that way but looking at the actual situational stats might show something else. I don't have those though...
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,228

Post#5651 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:52 pm

The difference I see in Judge from early season to the slump was the pitching. It appeared to me they were trying to beat him inside a lot more and he was catching them out there. Mistakes are usually out over the plate then and he was crushing those. It seemed like after a while...low and away and high heat were all he would see and he wasn't making the adjustments. Mistakes were out of the zone. He was still walking a lot but the strikeouts went up and the long ball almost disappeared comparatively. He wasn't seeing the ball the same.
:beer: RIP mags
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,097

Post#5652 » by moocow007 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:48 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:The difference I see in Judge from early season to the slump was the pitching. It appeared to me they were trying to beat him inside a lot more and he was catching them out there. Mistakes are usually out over the plate then and he was crushing those. It seemed like after a while...low and away and high heat were all he would see and he wasn't making the adjustments. Mistakes were out of the zone. He was still walking a lot but the strikeouts went up and the long ball almost disappeared comparatively. He wasn't seeing the ball the same.

There was an article that I glanced at that said he might gave a slight injury or have something bothering him? Something about either during or shortly after the All Star game. Not sure if that's true.
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,401

Post#5653 » by BadNewsBarnes » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:18 pm

moocow007 wrote:There was an article that I glanced at that said he might gave a slight injury or have something bothering him? Something about either during or shortly after the All Star game. Not sure if that's true.

Right shoulder, not much info on that outside of getting it iced every day and yes it has affected his swing...
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#5654 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:24 pm

moocow007 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:The difference I see in Judge from early season to the slump was the pitching. It appeared to me they were trying to beat him inside a lot more and he was catching them out there. Mistakes are usually out over the plate then and he was crushing those. It seemed like after a while...low and away and high heat were all he would see and he wasn't making the adjustments. Mistakes were out of the zone. He was still walking a lot but the strikeouts went up and the long ball almost disappeared comparatively. He wasn't seeing the ball the same.

There was an article that I glanced at that said he might gave a slight injury or have something bothering him? Something about either during or shortly after the All Star game. Not sure if that's true.

His shoulder I believe. I was going to mention that as well I just forgot. That stupid HR derby happened right after he started to slump too. Could all be related.

I'm not worried about him. He was legendary as a rookie this year. He was leading in pretty much every hitting category going into the break. He was hitting over .330 with all of that power. OBP was .450 or so. He came back to earth for whatever reason. I doubt he's going to be a .350 hitter but, I also doubt he's going to be a .230 hitter as well.

Going to a lot of fun watching all of our young studs grow up together.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#5655 » by blue and orange » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:39 am

Good decision Severino I'm sure could go 9 here but at 95 pitches might as well put in DROB, he hasn't pitched in 3 days. Its risky putting in one of the young kids because with the O's pop in their lineup it can turn into a save situation within the blink of an eye, can't give the O's any hope at all.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#5656 » by MaseInYourFace » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:55 am

Severino killing it
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#5657 » by blue and orange » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:12 am

Im not counting on TB closing this out 5-2 to start the inning now its 5-3 with a runner on 2nd with no outs eff them and eff everyone else oh well can only win the games in front of you.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#5658 » by Mecca » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:40 am

My ACE
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,149

Post#5659 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:10 am

Mecca wrote:My ACE

Oh yeah!
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#5660 » by Jalen Bluntson » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:22 am

Watching Red Sux leave the bases loaded in the 11th was nice. Come on TB...WALK OFF DAMMIT!

Return to New York Knicks