ImageImageImageImageImage

Random Kings talk

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

madskillz8
Senior
And1: 591

Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#1341 » by madskillz8 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:13 pm

Jstock12 wrote:Gudaitis doing a little bit of work on both ends vs Porzingis & friends.

Thanks for the video. Even though he's still considered as an asset for the Kings since he's a recent second round pick, I believe that he does not have a potential going to be a play in NBA for a single minute. There are lots of better players in European leagues than him.

I would be very happy if he proves me wrong.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,288

Post#1342 » by Jstock12 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:25 pm

madskillz8 wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:Gudaitis doing a little bit of work on both ends vs Porzingis & friends.

Thanks for the video. Even though he's still considered as an asset for the Kings since he's a recent second round pick, I believe that he does not have a potential going to be a play in NBA for a single minute. There are lots of better players in European leagues than him.

Definitely depends on his improvement. When he was a teenager no one even viewed him as a good prospect among other Lithuanians of his age and he didn't make any of the U16 or U18 Lithuanian teams. Yet he's the only guy of that generation to have been drafted in the NBA. A very late-bloomer. I wouldn't count him out yet. He can still become a serviceable back-up big in the NBA if he keeps improving. That's a big IF though, I'll give you that.
madskillz8
Senior

Post#1343 » by madskillz8 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:52 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
madskillz8 wrote:

Definitely depends on his improvement. When he was a teenager no one even viewed him as a good prospect among other Lithuanians of his age and he didn't make any of the U16 or U18 Lithuanian teams. Yet he's the only guy of that generation to have been drafted in the NBA. A very late-bloomer. I wouldn't count him out yet. He can still become a serviceable back-up big in the NBA if he keeps improving. That's a big IF though, I'll give you that.

The facts you are stating are really surprising to me. You know, lots of Euro prospects were great in great in young age groups but they did not really improve then. I initially thought he is one of them, but then I would definitely view him from a different perspective.

Still he did not even called to this year's summer league team when a similar player in Jack Cooley gets two-way contract.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,288

Post#1344 » by Jstock12 » Sat Sep 2, 2017 8:19 pm

Some EuroBasket news - Gudaitis with 16 points (4/4 from the field, 8/11 FT), 4 rebounds and 1 block in 13 minutes in Lithuania's win over Israel. Was crucial in cementing the win when Valanciunas was on the bench.

SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#1345 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Sep 3, 2017 9:13 pm

I didn't like how they gave such little run to Gudaitis in summer league a few years back. I know there were rumblings about trade chatter involving him around the draft but I'd like to see the Kings give him another run in SL with a role like Cooley had last year. You can never have enough enforcer types and both he and Cooley fit the bill.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#1346 » by Lost in LA » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:18 am

well Zac has arranged a plea deal with Law Enforcement, I wonder what the NBA will do?
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,236

Post#1347 » by blind prophet » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:08 pm

Lost in LA wrote:well Zac has arranged a plea deal with Law Enforcement, I wonder what the NBA will do?

Hopefully we can void the contract.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#1348 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:27 pm

He'll probably get 5-8 games at most.
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#1349 » by enderwilson » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:49 pm

blind prophet wrote:
Lost in LA wrote:well Zac has arranged a plea deal with Law Enforcement, I wonder what the NBA will do?

Hopefully we can void the contract.

That's not going to happen. He did not plead guilty and the only misdemeanor charge that was not dropped (resisting arrest) will be dropped as long as he does the community service. Service he can do in his sleep as part of any charitable outreach NBA players regularly do. Basically the Kings and NBA will either fine or suspend him in an effort to show enforcement, but they were likely the ones that helped negotiate this deal in order to make a lengthy, costly, and brand tarnishing court trial go away. I wouldn't be surprised if ZBo had a stronger legal leg to stand on than the prosecution considering the backpedaling done with the charges and the resulting plea deal.
Wiltside
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 71,758

Post#1350 » by Wiltside » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:58 am

Kings fans, I'm excited to see how you guys go this year. Copped a lot of flak midseason after the Boogie trade, but I think you're much better placed now - even if the win/loss column may not show it this year.

Biggest questions for you guys:

1. Will Fox be in a position to take over starting duties by midseason?
2. Will Harry Giles be able to provide anything?
3. Is WCS the long term answer at the 5?
4. Can the Kings lose enough to cash in with the top heavy 2018 Draft?

We just completed our offseason report for Sacramento titled 'Three Kings'. If you're interested, would value your feedback: https://thefourpointplay.blog/2017/09/15/nba-kings-season-preview/
Formerly BG44, MB30 and Wade County at BasketballForum.com
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,706

Post#1351 » by Sactowndog » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:16 pm

Wiltside wrote:Kings fans, I'm excited to see how you guys go this year. Copped a lot of flak midseason after the Boogie trade, but I think you're much better placed now - even if the win/loss column may not show it this year.

We just completed our offseason report for Sacramento titled 'Three Kings'. If you're interested, would value your feedback: https://thefourpointplay.blog/2017/09/15/nba-kings-season-preview/

You need to do more research on Bogdan. He's 6' 6" but very long. I guess the Kings may pair him with Hill and let Heild and Fox play together. Bogdan has more playmaking skills to take advantage of Hills shooting off the ball and Heild is more of a pure shooter to bring scoring off the bench.

Not sure Bogdan is strong enough to guard the three but the Kings will absolutely want him on the floor at the end of games. The kid is ice.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM

Post#1352 » by SacKingZZZ » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:17 pm

Super solid write up. I think that starting unit looks pretty good to me, I'd maybe even put Randolph in there over Skal for the majority of the year.
madskillz8
Senior

Post#1353 » by madskillz8 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:44 pm

Agreed, that is a good read. Your questions are hard to answer, just too much unknowns yet.

The answer for WCS question would be his performance this year.

For Fox, it depends on his performance as well as the success of team with Hill playing the point.

The other question, some Kings fans want them to win every game, whilst others prefer the opposite. I belong the former group: a good performance from our young group in strong west & 7-14 pick would be better for the future, compared to bad performing youngs & 3-6 pick.

Possibly, Kings would demand Harry Giles to prove himself in G-league first. Our veterans are on short deals and have trade-able contracts. If Giles can do well early, he would get a spot by the second part of the season. Can possible suspension for Randolph give him a change?? Don't think so.
enderwilson
Pro Prospect

Post#1354 » by enderwilson » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:47 pm

Which was worse: The DeMarcus Cousins trade or the Carmelo Anthony trade?
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#1355 » by Lost in LA » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:41 pm

For which team?
Sactowndog

Post#1356 » by Sactowndog » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:27 am

Darn- I don't know about you all but it's been a long time without basketball, media day is today and all we get is more politics :-(

I support the players right to speak but quite frankly I'm tired of this divisive stuff. I just want to hear about basketball and be excited by this young team. Instead we only have articles about politics....
enderwilson
Pro Prospect

Post#1357 » by enderwilson » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:27 pm

Lost in LA wrote:For which team?

Good point. In this context I was thinking about the team with the outgoing All-Star. How did the opinion of the DMC trade result for the Kings compare to the opinion of the Melo trade result for the Knicks.

I thought it was an interesting contrast since Vlade was roundly criticized for the DMC trade, while Scott Perry, a former VP of BB ops for the Kings is responsible for the Melo trade which arguably netted fewer pennies on the dollar for the Knicks.

I don't really have too much of an opinion one way or another, but I just found it interesting that even the most well respected of BB execs (Scott Perry) in this case, will be put in a position of making a bad trade and still pull the trigger. The people who end up making the choice aren't always working from the best position possible.
HoopsMalone
Veteran
And1: 1,548

Re: RE: Re: Random Kings talk 

Post#1358 » by HoopsMalone » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:40 am

enderwilson wrote:
Lost in LA wrote:For which team?

Good point. In this context I was thinking about the team with the outgoing All-Star. How did the opinion of the DMC trade result for the Kings compare to the opinion of the Melo trade result for the Knicks.

I thought it was an interesting contrast since Vlade was roundly criticized for the DMC trade, while Scott Perry, a former VP of BB ops for the Kings is responsible for the Melo trade which arguably netted fewer pennies on the dollar for the Knicks.

I don't really have too much of an opinion one way or another, but I just found it interesting that even the most well respected of BB execs (Scott Perry) in this case, will be put in a position of making a bad trade and still pull the trigger. The people who end up making the choice aren't always working from the best position possible.

I don't think the two situations are comparable. Melo is on his last legs making big money. He's virtually worthless in a trade.

That said dmc is probably not the guy you wanna give big $$$ to. But he was young so if it panned out, it was a decent short term trade for cheap.

Neither are franchise players for sure.

The mistake the kings made was not trading dmc two years ago. If you draft a good guy but strike out all around him you gotta trade him while he still has value. Now you're back to square 1.

That said, I still really like WCS

Sent from my SM-N920V using RealGM mobile app
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#1359 » by City of Trees » Sun Oct 1, 2017 4:48 pm

Sactowndog wrote:
Wiltside wrote:Kings fans, I'm excited to see how you guys go this year. Copped a lot of flak midseason after the Boogie trade, but I think you're much better placed now - even if the win/loss column may not show it this year.

You need to do more research on Bogdan. He's 6' 6" but very long. I guess the Kings may pair him with Hill and let Heild and Fox play together. Bogdan has more playmaking skills to take advantage of Hills shooting off the ball and Heild is more of a pure shooter to bring scoring off the bench.

Not sure Bogdan is strong enough to guard the three but the Kings will absolutely want him on the floor at the end of games. The kid is ice.

Actually, James Ham said the first thing you notice when Bogdan walks in the room is that he's nowhere near 6'6. Him and Buddy are the same height.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app
Sactowndog

Post#1360 » by Sactowndog » Sun Oct 1, 2017 6:39 pm

City of Trees wrote:
Sactowndog wrote:

Actually, James Ham said the first thing you notice when Bogdan walks in the room is that he's nowhere near 6'6. Him and Buddy are the same height.

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

Did he have them stand back to back. One thing I know about height coming from a tall family is height can be deceiving based on how it's proportioned. All the bios say 6'6"

Return to Sacramento Kings