ImageImageImage

Ricky Rubio #9

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Mattya
RealGM
And1: 6,314

Re: Ricky Rubio #9 

Post#1041 » by Mattya » Sun Oct 1, 2017 9:09 pm

walk with me wrote:That's how you know people don't even care about the team more than Rubio lol. Guy isn't even on the team and more and people want to continue a thread about it....

Smh

Edit: might as well make this thread a sticky that supersedes all Twolves activity.

You have quoted me before in this thread so you should no I’m no blind fanboy.

But, you whining about a topic not being locked that hasn’t had any trolling,outside of your own, just because you didn’t like the player doesn’t paint you in the best light as a poster. I don’t know if you are just trying to be edgy or desperate for attention, but maybe find another Wolves board if you don’t like the topics other posters discuss here relating to the Wolves. This board isn’t so populated that this topic pushes relevant discussions to the second page, and it doesn’t break any forum rules. So, I’m not sure how this impacts you so much to throw a temper tantrum like this.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#1042 » by KGdaBom » Sun Oct 1, 2017 9:11 pm

Narf wrote:
walk with me wrote:
Narf wrote:You really ought to think about what you want in a message board. If you're looking for a place to have insulting arguments with schoolyard logic, there's better boards for you.

If you don't want a place where we over-analyze every detail and compare advanced stats and debate ad nauseam, pointing out every single fact you're blatantly wrong about in the process, then this isn't the place for you.

I didn't insult anyone. It's clear Rubio supercedes the the interest of the Twolves for some of you. It's an observation, not an insult. If you take it personally that's your choice.

You understand we can see all of your posts right?

Actually I can't unless somebody replies to him.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#1043 » by theGreatRC » Sun Oct 1, 2017 9:11 pm

I'm not afraid to say I had big doubts about the Teague signing after the Rubio trade, but it was mostly because I thought Lowry was in the works & I felt we made a lateral move with Teague.

I also wasn't a Teague fan personally, but as a Wolves fan I have to like it since I want this team to make the playoffs and do work once they get there.

Im still gonna keep up with Ricky, but that doesn't mean i want the Jazz to be better than the Wolves..people just root for the people they like, nothing wrong with that
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#1044 » by Basti » Sun Oct 1, 2017 9:17 pm

walk with me wrote:
Narf wrote:You understand we can see all of your posts right?

Ok and?

I said it seems like Rubio is more important than the wolves to some of you... that's insulting?

You are aware that being a fan of Rubio and being a fan of the Wolves isn't mutually exclusive? I love the Wolves and will do until the day I'll die but it still stings whenever I see the name Rubio. To me it is like breaking up with your first true love. You know you'll eventually rebound and get back into the game but for the time being it hurts like hell.

Well, maybe not to you, though. It actually seems like Ricky personally broke up with you and you're not taking it well.
walk with me
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,349

Post#1045 » by walk with me » Sun Oct 1, 2017 9:20 pm

Mattya wrote:
walk with me wrote:That's how you know people don't even care about the team more than Rubio lol. Guy isn't even on the team and more and people want to continue a thread about it....

Smh

Edit: might as well make this thread a sticky that supersedes all Twolves activity.

But, you whining about a topic not being locked that hasn’t had any trolling,outside of your own, just because you didn’t like the player doesn’t paint you in the best light as a poster. I don’t know if you are just trying to be edgy or desperate for attention, but maybe find another Wolves board if you don’t like the topics other posters discuss here relating to the Wolves. This board isn’t so populated that this topic pushes relevant discussions to the second page, and it doesn’t break any forum rules. So, I’m not sure how this impacts you so much to throw a temper tantrum like this.

I wasn't talking about anyone in particular... i just made an observation.

Tbh the only posters I can consistently remember on here is klomp and it's because I normally agree with pretty much everything he says. Otherwise I just see your account as another poster. And that's no disrespect to anyone. Lots of posters in here.

I personally don't care about "light" the biggest concern for me is to be honest as a fan and honestly we're about to be in the playoffs without Rubio and Rubio isn't on the Twolves any more. I see no reason why this is in the Twolves forum. The mods should move it to the jazz forum or player conversation forum.

This subforum is for wolves talk and wolves talk only. Again, just observations.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#1046 » by Mattya » Sun Oct 1, 2017 9:31 pm

walk with me wrote:
Mattya wrote:

Smh

I wasn't talking about anyone in particular... i just made an observation.

Tbh the only posters I can consistently remember on here is klomp and it's because I normally agree with pretty much everything he says. Otherwise I just see your account as another poster. And that's no disrespect to anyone. Lots of posters in here.

I personally don't care about "light" the biggest concern for me is to be honest as a fan and honestly we're about to be in the playoffs without Rubio and Rubio isn't on the Twolves any more. I see no reason why this is in the Twolves forum. The mods should move it to the jazz forum or player conversation forum.

This subforum is for wolves talk and wolves talk only. Again, just observations.

Being “honest” has nothing to do with your objective to get this topic locked. If you care so much about being “honest” then you would care about how posters view you on this board. What is the point of being “honest” if nobody takes you seriously? It all just sounds like being “honest” is being used as an excuse for being a troll and a jerk to other posters. Rubio has Wolves ties, franchise records, local ties, etc etc. I personally find getting this upset about a topic that has zero impact on you or this board to be frankly pathetic.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#1047 » by Mattya » Sun Oct 1, 2017 9:37 pm

Doesn’t care about how posters view him, but does care about a topic that should have no impact on him :crazy:
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#1048 » by walk with me » Sun Oct 1, 2017 9:42 pm

Mattya wrote:Being “honest” has nothing to do with your objective to get this topic locked. If you care so much about being “honest” then you would care about how posters view you on this board. What is the point of being “honest” if nobody takes you seriously? It all just sounds like being “honest” is being used as an excuse for being a troll and a jerk to other posters. Rubio has Wolves ties, franchise records, local ties, etc etc. I personally find getting this upset about a topic that has zero impact on you or this board to be frankly pathetic.

I can handle being loved/hated. Not all posters hate me, some agree with me but don't want to make it known publicly cause I'm "the bad guy" cause I've called out Rubio more than anyone else. Which is fine.

I'm not upset at all. Like I said.

Observation 1. Rubio no longer is wolves talk
Observation 2. Some people would rather talk about an ex member of the the team and how he would potentially benefit the team over what we have now.
Narf
Head Coach
And1: 880

Post#1049 » by Narf » Sun Oct 1, 2017 9:47 pm

So, a trolls alt I'm assuming.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#1050 » by C.lupus » Sun Oct 1, 2017 9:58 pm

walk with me wrote:
Mattya wrote:Being “honest” has nothing to do with your objective to get this topic locked. If you care so much about being “honest” then you would care about how posters view you on this board. What is the point of being “honest” if nobody takes you seriously? It all just sounds like being “honest” is being used as an excuse for being a troll and a jerk to other posters. Rubio has Wolves ties, franchise records, local ties, etc etc. I personally find getting this upset about a topic that has zero impact on you or this board to be frankly pathetic.

I can handle being loved/hated. Not all posters hate me, some agree with me but don't want to make it known publicly cause I'm "the bad guy" cause I've called out Rubio more than anyone else. Which is fine.

Observation 2. Some people would rather talk about an ex member of the the team and how he would potentially benefit the team over what we have now.

You are the "bad guy" because of your behavior, not your opinions. People can discuss Rubio if they want. He was on the team for six seasons. If you don't want to talk about him, then stay out of the Rubio thread.

Stop derailing threads, stop telling others what to talk about, and stop telling others what kind of a fan they are.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#1051 » by Mattya » Sun Oct 1, 2017 10:02 pm

walk with me wrote:

You couldn’t handle it though, which is why you got defensive and called people non Wolves fans. You aren’t the poster who gets to decide what people discuss here.

You are clearly upset or you wouldn’t have gotten defensive.

Like I said.. if you can’t handle posters discussing topics(which follow all board guidelines) you don’t like, leave. There is no reason to interject yourself into a topic you have nothing to add to. That makes you the problem. You can be a bad guy if you want. It just means you won’t be around long. Which may be best for you and this board.
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#1052 » by walk with me » Sun Oct 1, 2017 10:05 pm

C.lupus wrote:You are the "bad guy" because of your behavior, not your opinions. People can discuss Rubio if they want. He was on the team for six seasons. If you don't want to talk about him, then stay out of the Rubio thread.

Stop derailing threads, stop telling others what to talk about, and stop telling others what kind of a fan they are.

MY bad for sharing an opinion...

Mattya wrote:
You couldn’t handle it though, which is why you got defensive and called people non Wolves fans. You aren’t the poster who gets to decide what people discuss here.

Like I said.. if you can’t handle posters discussing topics(which follow all board guidelines) you don’t like, leave. There is no reason to interject yourself into a topic you have nothing to add to. That makes you the problem. You can be a bad guy if you want. It just means you won’t be around long. Which may be best for you and this board.

I don't "WANT" to be a bad guy per say. Just saying that those who like Rubio dislike me cause I think he's hot flaming garbage. Just my opinion...
Mattya
RealGM

Post#1053 » by Mattya » Sun Oct 1, 2017 10:09 pm

walk with me wrote:
C.lupus wrote:You are the "bad guy" because of your behavior, not your opinions. People can discuss Rubio if they want. He was on the team for six seasons. If you don't want to talk about him, then stay out of the Rubio thread.

You do realize you are trying to play victim for voicing your opinion, while telling others they shouldn’t be able to share their opinions in this thread?

Like the irony is absurd. But I knew owning up to being in the wrong would be too much for you.
walk with me
Lead Assistant

Post#1054 » by walk with me » Sun Oct 1, 2017 10:12 pm

Mattya wrote:
You do realize you are trying to play victim for voicing your opinion, while telling others they shouldn’t be able to share their opinions in this thread?

Like the irony is absurd. But I knew owning up to being in the wrong would be too much for you.

There's no wrong or right here.

1 group of individuals want to keep the Rubio thread moving

A smaller group of others think it should be locked because the man is no longer a memeber of our team.

Two different opinions and neither break the rules of the forum. Not that serious really. People disagree every day. Just have to keep it moving.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#1055 » by Mattya » Sun Oct 1, 2017 10:12 pm

walk with me wrote:

Mattya wrote:

I don't "WANT" to be a bad guy per say. Just saying that those who like Rubio dislike me cause I think he's hot flaming garbage. Just my opinion...

Nobody is telling you that you can’t hate Rubio. What they are saying is that you can’t dictate what is being discussed here.

I’m sure you will keep playing victim though.
Mattya
RealGM

Post#1056 » by Mattya » Sun Oct 1, 2017 10:13 pm

walk with me wrote:
Mattya wrote:

There's no wrong or right here.

1 group of individuals want to keep the Rubio thread moving

A smaller group of others think it should be locked because the man is no longer a memeber of our team.

Two different opinions and neither break the rules of the forum. Not that serious really. People disagree every day. Just have to keep it moving.

Actually you are breaking the rules of the forum by derailing a thread you have nothing to add to and backseat modding. Those aren’t opinions that is actions and troll behavior, get a grip.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,678

Post#1057 » by Basti » Sun Oct 1, 2017 10:34 pm

walk with me wrote:

Mattya wrote:

I honestly don't care if you want to be the bad guy or not. I honestly don't care whether you like Rubio or not. And I honestly don't care if you voice your opinion on Rubio or not.

But I really do care, as in I feel annoyed, about people like you who are completely negative about something and use every freaking opportunity to voice their negative views.

There are other posters around here who didn't think Ricky Rubio brought positive value to the team. And that's fine since this is a message board after all. But they didn't make it their personal calling card like you seem to do.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,827

Post#1058 » by Klomp » Sun Oct 1, 2017 11:03 pm

wwm, ENOUGH.

You have only been here for three years. If you don't understand why people who've been around here much longer than you would want to keep tabs on a player who was a part of the organization for almost a decade, then I'm sorry.

You've had multiple former mods (and now a current mod) tell you that you're out of line. If this derailing of discussion continues, maybe you should find a better allocation of your time, or we'll help you free up some time for you to allocate it elsewhere..

-Klomp
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#1059 » by King Malta » Mon Oct 2, 2017 2:28 am

EDIT: Posted before I saw Klomp shut the conversation down.
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#1060 » by PharmD » Tue Oct 3, 2017 9:32 am

Watched the Jazz game (will watch them all obv). Ricky is LOOKING terrible. He has a man bun and an unkempt beard and some ugly new tats. He looks just friggin terrible. And fat.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves