ImageImageImage

Realistic Trade Destinations for Reggie and Drummond

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,376

Re: Realistic Trade Destinations for Reggie and Drummond 

Post#41 » by Billl » Tue Oct 3, 2017 1:50 am

The team played about as bad as they could last year and were still competing for a playoff team. The east is a garbage fire at the bottom, so anyone who is actually trying to win should make the playoffs. Of course, that also means the gap between the 1 and 8 seeds is about as big as it ever is going to be. We would likely have to get up to the 5th seed to not be looking at a sweep.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#42 » by Kerrsed » Sun Oct 8, 2017 2:39 am

Hello DETROIT!

Ok, so here's the deal. I dont speak for the Suns Board at all on this subject, just myself. I feel that we desperately need a C and i think Drummond could be the solution (Sounds crazy right? Yeah, i know!). There has been numerous reports over the past 2 seasons that our FO has wanted Drummond, and even more so in this past offseason. Our main issue is we severely lack rebounding. Chandler is old and at this point is pretty much a mentor to our youngsters and a veteran voice in a very young locker room. Len was supposed to be the C we have been looking for for years, but has pretty much failed to a point where we didnt even offer him a new contract. Big Sauce (Allen Williams) is out for pretty much the season, so we have been stuck using some of our young PF's at C in pre-season (Chriss and Bender), but thats not the role they should be playing and both have been man handled by the opposing teams C's so far in preseason.

We need a C that can rebound first and foremost, play a bit of defense, and fits our timeline. I see Drummond being that Guy.

Now, i know his value is low right now, hence why you probably wouldnt want to trade him right away, but what if the offer was deemed fair (a little bit more than what people think his current value was at)? My original idea revolved around Bledsoe and Chandler (With us maybe also taking Jackson off your hands to help add value), but things get a bit messy, so as i was re-reading through reports over this offseason i saw one that i just might do and figured i would bounce the idea off you guys.

Suns 2018 1st/Bender/Chandler for Drummond straight up. Chandler is what he is and i already provided a bit of insight what his use is to a team. Bender is a young but raw PF with an all around skillset. And you know what you get with the pick, lol.

So would something like that work? If not, any other ideas? I mean Booker/Warren/JJ/Chriss are pretty much off the board, but other pieces could be moved. I also was looking at a possible 3 way with Cleveland where they would end up with Bledsoe/Chandler and send IT/TT to you guys with Drummond coming back to us. Didnt know if that one would make a difference getting back a pretty good young C in TT, but also having to (In his own words) "Back a Brinx Truck up" to resign a all-star in IT? Think it over and let me know, just kinda spitballing ideas.

**The ideas and commentary provided here represent Kerrsed and Kerrsed only, it shall not reflect the opinion or statements for the rest of the RealGM Suns Board. No animals were hurt in the making of this post. All sales are final.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: RE: Re: Realistic Trade Destinations for Reggie and Drummond 

Post#43 » by Pharaoh » Sun Oct 8, 2017 12:51 pm

Kerrsed wrote:Image

Hello DETROIT!

Ok, so here's the deal. I dont speak for the Suns Board at all on this subject, just myself. I feel that we desperately need a C and i think Drummond could be the solution (Sounds crazy right? Yeah, i know!). There has been numerous reports over the past 2 seasons that our FO has wanted Drummond, and even more so in this past offseason. Our main issue is we severely lack rebounding. Chandler is old and at this point is pretty much a mentor to our youngsters and a veteran voice in a very young locker room. Len was supposed to be the C we have been looking for for years, but has pretty much failed to a point where we didnt even offer him a new contract. Big Sauce (Allen Williams) is out for pretty much the season, so we have been stuck using some of our young PF's at C in pre-season (Chriss and Bender), but thats not the role they should be playing and both have been man handled by the opposing teams C's so far in preseason.

We need a C that can rebound first and foremost, play a bit of defense, and fits our timeline. I see Drummond being that Guy.

Now, i know his value is low right now, hence why you probably wouldnt want to trade him right away, but what if the offer was deemed fair (a little bit more than what people think his current value was at)? My original idea revolved around Bledsoe and Chandler (With us maybe also taking Jackson off your hands to help add value), but things get a bit messy, so as i was re-reading through reports over this offseason i saw one that i just might do and figured i would bounce the idea off you guys.

Suns 2018 1st/Bender/Chandler for Drummond straight up. Chandler is what he is and i already provided a bit of insight what his use is to a team. Bender is a young but raw PF with an all around skillset. And you know what you get with the pick, lol.

So would something like that work? If not, any other ideas? I mean Booker/Warren/JJ/Chriss are pretty much off the board, but other pieces could be moved. I also was looking at a possible 3 way with Cleveland where they would end up with Bledsoe/Chandler and send IT/TT to you guys with Drummond coming back to us. Didnt know if that one would make a difference getting back a pretty good young C in TT, but also having to (In his own words) "Back a Brinx Truck up" to resign a all-star in IT? Think it over and let me know, just kinda spitballing ideas.

**The ideas and commentary provided here represent Kerrsed and Kerrsed only, it shall not reflect the opinion or statements for the rest of the RealGM Suns Board. No animals were hurt in the making of this post. All sales are final.

I think the trade board would say you're overpaying for Drummond with a 2018 pick, Bledsoe & Chandler package

I'd happily do:

Bledsoe
Dudley
Chandler
+ 1 of the firsts McD has coming

For

Dre & RJ

Suns are tanking so taking on RJ doesn't hurt right now and maybe your medical staff can "fix" him. Either way he's not gonna be around when you're relevant anyway and this is all about Dre

For the Pistons? All contracts incoming expire in 2 years - and so does everyone on our roster except Jon, Luke, Henry and whomever we get with whatever first rounder Phoenix gives us.

If that's not a clean slate then I don't know what is.

In the interim Chandler and Dudley can mentor the kids so we don't have to keep trotting Tolliver out there all the time...and the potential of Bledsoe & AB in the backcourt is interesting to me and would be enough reason to watch (at least this season)...and if we're not going OK then we can look to flip either one or both at the deadline for a extra first

This reeks of a tanking move though so SVG won't be up for it

Sent from my SM-J110F using RealGM mobile app
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,599

Post#44 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Oct 8, 2017 2:15 pm

Hello DETROIT!

If the Pistons would have resigned Baynes, I could see them moving Drummond. But, not now as the Pistons don't have a backup Center that can start now.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#45 » by Kilo » Sun Oct 8, 2017 3:03 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:

Hello DETROIT!

If the Pistons would have resigned Baynes, I could see them moving Drummond. But, not now as the Pistons don't have a backup Center that can start now.

Is Tyson Chandler hurt? Finished as a starter? I could roll with Chandler/Leuer/Boban at center if it meant getting PHX's 2018 first rounder - but only if we're talking unprotected first. But the unprotected first probably takes Bender out in all reality.

Tyson Chandler
Unprotected 2018 PHX First
for
Andre Drummond

I don't think Stan or Gores makes that move though. Pick is too uncertain.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#46 » by vege » Sun Oct 8, 2017 3:21 pm

Considering Drummond looked motivated during the first Pre-Season game, lost weight, changed his FT form, Detroit would be incredibly dumb to trade him right now.

Drummond is flawed, but if he improves his FT his value changes considerably, and he shot well during that one game.

When he was an all-star (2 seasons ago) any of the offers mentioned would been loled and since we are not going anywhere, there is no point trading Drummond right now for a pretty bad young player imo (Bender) and an unknow pick (could be great, could be nothing).

At the deadline, if Drummond is a disaster, (bad body language, lazy, bad FT%) sure, dump him for whatever we can get, but right now would be incredibly stupid to trade him.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,884

Post#47 » by MotownMadness » Sun Oct 8, 2017 3:33 pm

vege wrote:Considering Drummond looked motivated during the first Pre-Season game, lost weight, changed his FT form, Detroit would be incredibly dumb to trade him right now.

Drummond is flawed, but if he improves his FT his value changes considerably, and he shot well during that one game.

When he was an all-star (2 seasons ago) any of the offers mentioned would been loled and since we are not going anywhere, there is no point trading Drummond right now for a pretty bad young player imo (Bender) and an unknow pick (could be great, could be nothing).

At the deadline, if Drummond is a disaster, (bad body language, lazy, bad FT%) sure, dump him for whatever we can get, but right now would be incredibly stupid to trade him.

Yeah I'm in no hurry at the moment to move him cause I'm very curious to see how he does this year now.
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#48 » by El Chivo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:16 pm

Paul Pierce would have taken Andre Drummond over Anthony Davis in the draft.

Source: ESPN
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#49 » by MotownMadness » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:49 pm

El Chivo wrote:Paul Pierce would have taken Andre Drummond over Anthony Davis in the draft.

For what reasoning :lol:
SVG
Sophomore
And1: 101

Post#50 » by SVG » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:54 pm

El Chivo wrote:Paul Pierce would have taken Andre Drummond over Anthony Davis in the draft.

...Yet some idiot will make him a GM one day lol...
I'm Scrappt like super CONTRA!

Statistical data is difficult to argue with...unless you have an agenda.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#51 » by vege » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:27 pm

Good think Paul Pierce is not a GM
tradez401
Starter
And1: 617

Post#52 » by tradez401 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:12 am

im hearing Aldridge is not happy about his situation in SA wonder if he can get him...jon leuer/galloway maybe add pick for aldridge?
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: RE: Re: Realistic Trade Destinations for Reggie and Drummond 

Post#53 » by Pharaoh » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:18 am

tradez401 wrote:im hearing Aldridge is not happy about his situation in SA wonder if he can get him...jon leuer/galloway maybe add pick for aldridge?

Spurs unlikely to take on long term deals that don't fit.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kawhi's injury turns into something bigger so they can fall into the Lottery, win the #1 pick and then rise again

#tinfoilhat

Sent from my SM-J110F using RealGM mobile app
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#54 » by MotownMadness » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:48 am

tradez401 wrote:im hearing Aldridge is not happy about his situation in SA wonder if he can get him...jon leuer/galloway maybe add pick for aldridge?

I don't think very highly of LMA these days and think he's about to have a big decline now. But I would love to try and shed Leuer somehow. I'll give them Leuer Galloway and a 1st.
tradez401
Starter

Post#55 » by tradez401 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:27 pm

MotownMadness wrote:

I don't think very highly of LMA these days and think he's about to have a big decline now. But I would love to try and shed Leuer somehow. I'll give them Leuer Galloway and a 1st.

yeah he's not the player he was back 4-5 years ago but he'll still put up 17ppg and help andre with rebounding.
Billl
Assistant Coach

Post#56 » by Billl » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:54 pm

I don't love LMA's game at this point, but even if I did, he's 32. He also would definitely have to be a starter, so that means you are basically giving up on either SJ or Tobias being long term starters for us.

There is also the distinct possibility that the team doesn't regain their 2015 form and we're looking at blowing the whole thing up at the trade deadline. I don't we are in position to trade away picks at this point.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#57 » by MotownMadness » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:39 pm

Billl wrote:I don't love LMA's game at this point, but even if I did, he's 32. He also would definitely have to be a starter, so that means you are basically giving up on either SJ or Tobias being long term starters for us.

There is also the distinct possibility that the team doesn't regain their 2015 form and we're looking at blowing the whole thing up at the trade deadline. I don't we are in position to trade away picks at this point.

I think we will have to eventually give away a 1st to dump some of these contracts like the Raptors did with Carroll. Obviously not if we are in the lottery or anything.
tradez401
Starter

Post#58 » by tradez401 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:18 pm

Billl wrote:I don't love LMA's game at this point, but even if I did, he's 32. He also would definitely have to be a starter, so that means you are basically giving up on either SJ or Tobias being long term starters for us.

well i cant really say im totally 100% on stanley being a starter yet... right now we're pretty much throwing him into the fire i'll wait a few months into the regular season to see if i notice any real improvements in his game...aldridge also has 2 yrs left i believe on his deal so its not like we're totally giving up on stanley the guy is still very young at 21.
Billl
Assistant Coach

Post#59 » by Billl » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:31 pm

tradez401 wrote:

well i cant really say im totally 100% on stanley being a starter yet... right now we're pretty much throwing him into the fire i'll wait a few months into the regular season to see if i notice any real improvements in his game...aldridge also has 2 yrs left i believe on his deal so its not like we're totally giving up on stanley the guy is still very young at 21.

Bringing in another forward to play 30+ mpg would essentially be giving up an SJ. He's shown pretty clearly that he isn't going to play the good soldier role. He wants big minutes and a prominent roll. Whether he deserves it or not is certainly debatable, but he's not going to willingly accept a push that far back down the ladder. He wants a chance to prove himself. If you are going to bring in a vet to play big minutes in front of him, you'll end up having to trade him.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#60 » by Manocad » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:54 pm

You get LMA if he's the player who will put you over the top and win a championship. If not, no effing way.

Sent from my VS501 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Detroit Pistons