ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis thread #4: The KP era is upon us

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,202

Re: Porzingis thread #4: The KP era is upon us 

Post#381 » by mpharris36 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 10:48 pm

GONYK wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Knicks analysts Alan Hahn and Wally Szczerbiak were caught on a hot mic lambasting Porzingis’ abysmal plus-minus during a commercial break.

“The other thing you could do is just kill Porzingis for being minus-20 in 16 minutes,” Hahn said to Szczerbiak in a video captured on Twitter. “Dude, like come on, man. You’re a star. This is what you’re doing? You’re just out there? (He’s got) a lot to learn.”

“Minus-20 — for him, he should never let his team...,” Szczerbiak responded before the audio returned to the commercial.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/knicks-announcers-caught-ripping-kristaps-porzingis-hot-mic-article-1.3551776

With the full disclaimer that this is preseason...

They're not wrong. Especially with the way KP runs his mouth. He can't float through games.

agree with ya here. KP does a lot of yapping and missing exit interviews and wants to be the leader.

But asking a 22 year old to carry a bunch of bums is a bit much. KP is really good but he's a big so he needs a good guard. Sessions/Jack are ass.

We will look better with Frank and Baker back. Rotations are all out of wack.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
FKF
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#382 » by FKF » Mon Oct 9, 2017 10:51 pm

Bill Pidto wrote:How is a 7'3" player content with being a 4?

Do you forget what makes Porzingis the "unicorn" that he is? He's a shooter with real perimeter skills. He can handle the ball and drive the ball. He can run the floor and moves with fluidity. He's making cuts without the ball and coming off screens for catch and shoot jumpers. If he wasn't over 7 feet, he'd be a SF.

On top of it all, and most importantly, we see how thin KP still is. We've known since the day he was drafted that it would take him a few years to bulk up enough to really bang with all of the other mammoths of the NBA.

How is this a mystery? Why are we upset again?

How about you sit in your computer chair with your pumpkin spice Oreos and let the professionals make the decisions.

The professionals wanted to trade him to Boston and got fired for that by the dummy billionaire who treats the unicorn as he’s the new coming of Kareem Abdul Jabbar. :noway:
KP’s not even been an all star yet, and he’s already coaching defense in the media early October :lol:
He’ll get the coaching staff fired by Christmas while he will still be leaving undersized forwards blow by him.
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#383 » by Marty McFly » Mon Oct 9, 2017 10:54 pm

Pharmcat wrote:see if BOS will give up tatum for him before its too late and he also gets negative value on trade market like melo did thanks to the FO

:lol:
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer
And1: 665

Post#384 » by TankCommander17 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 10:56 pm

Marc Berman: Hornacek on Porzingis: Says having trouble lifting his leg. “I don’t know how long that will be.”

:banghead:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#385 » by GONYK » Mon Oct 9, 2017 10:58 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:Marc Berman: Hornacek on Porzingis: Says having trouble lifting his leg. “I don’t know how long that will be.”

Jeff also said that he would be surprised if KP and Frank weren't ready by Friday
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer
And1: 665

Post#386 » by TankCommander17 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 10:59 pm

GONYK wrote:
TankCommander17 wrote:Marc Berman: Hornacek on Porzingis: Says having trouble lifting his leg. “I don’t know how long that will be.”

Jeff also said that he would be surprised if KP and Frank weren't ready by Friday

Ah ok. Thanks for that. Was about to lose it.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#387 » by Marty McFly » Mon Oct 9, 2017 11:02 pm

FKF wrote:

Do you forget what makes Porzingis the "unicorn" that he is? He's a shooter with real perimeter skills. He can handle the ball and drive the ball. He can run the floor and moves with fluidity. He's making cuts without the ball and coming off screens for catch and shoot jumpers. If he wasn't over 7 feet, he'd be a SF.

On top of it all, and most importantly, we see how thin KP still is. We've known since the day he was drafted that it would take him a few years to bulk up enough to really bang with all of the other mammoths of the NBA.

How about you sit in your computer chair with your pumpkin spice Oreos and let the professionals make the decisions.

The professionals wanted to trade him to Boston and got fired for that by the dummy billionaire who treats the unicorn as he’s the new coming of Kareem Abdul Jabbar. :noway:
KP’s not even been an all star yet, and he’s already coaching defense in the media early October :lol:
He’ll get the coaching staff fired by Christmas while he will still be leaving undersized forwards blow by him.

what a bunch of horse ****.

stop with the fake news. the" professionals" got fired for being incompetent. attempting to pin it on him is just looking for another reason to bitch about with regard to him.

as for your second point, what are you even trying to say? he needs to be an all star before he starts talking defense up, before a season starts?
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#388 » by Billy Goat » Mon Oct 9, 2017 11:42 pm

FKF wrote:

This is worst case scenario. However history shows Knicks brass have treated non-superstars like superstars if the box office is strong. My fear with KP is we're building another monster who's above all regardless of the win/loss record. The unicorn moniker is frankly embarrassing at this point. Can he play a full season first?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Re: RE: Re: Porzingis thread #4: The KP era is upon us 

Post#389 » by GONYK » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:37 am

Billy Goat wrote:
FKF wrote:

KP’s not even been an all star yet, and he’s already coaching defense in the media early October

This is worst case scenario. However history shows Knicks brass have treated non-superstars like superstars if the box office is strong. My fear with KP is we're building another monster who's above all regardless of the win/loss record. The unicorn moniker is frankly embarrassing at this point. Can he play a full season first?
KP having a nickname isn't nearly as absurd as Embiid getting $150M for 31 games
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#390 » by Billy Goat » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:12 am

GONYK wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
FKF wrote:
KP’s not even been an all star yet, and he’s already coaching defense in the media early October

KP having a nickname isn't nearly as absurd as Embiid getting $150M for 31 games

No disagreement there.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#391 » by nedleeds » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:30 am

Billy Goat wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:

No disagreement there.

700 minutes is even more absurd. It's not like he was burning 38 a game.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#392 » by knickstape4ever » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:35 am

If KP were to miss significant time again this year, i would definitely consider trading him. After all multiple execs believe that injuries could hold him back from being elite. If we were to get a top 3 pick for him next draft, it's something to consider, especially since it's a deep draft: Porter, Bagley, Doncic, Ayton, Bamba
Appleshampoo
Sixth Man
And1: 894

Post#393 » by Appleshampoo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:47 am

I have heard KP reminding people most of Durant. Maybe that is the trick, KP at the 3.
PeoplesChamp
Bench Warmer
And1: 943

Post#394 » by PeoplesChamp » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:31 am

Appleshampoo wrote:I have heard KP reminding people most of Durant. Maybe that is the trick, KP at the 3.

If he were quicker. As it is, small 4s blow by him.
Kurt Rambis
Senior
And1: 483

Post#395 » by Kurt Rambis » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:14 am

His defensive knowledge and our defense in general is the problem at the moment. He can play defense at 4 body wise. He should use his lenght against quicker defenders and stay in front of them. Force them to shoot over him. Don't get too close, measure them up. We can live with results.

So many tall but thinner guys prefers power forward. If KP battles with centers all game, his body will tired quickly and he won't able to make shots anyway.
FKF
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#396 » by FKF » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:31 am

Marty McFly wrote:
FKF wrote:

what a bunch of horse ****.

stop with the fake news. the" professionals" got fired for being incompetent. attempting to pin it on him is just looking for another reason to bitch about with regard to him.

as for your second point, what are you even trying to say? he needs to be an all star before he starts talking defense up, before a season starts?

What I’m saying is good luck in developing a guy who didn’t show up to an exit meeting and who played EuroBasket despite legs issues without his management approval. And who speaks to the media the way he wants. He did get the president fired and is now the number one guy.

Next, he’ll run the coaches out of town, which I’m not sure it’s a bad thing, But would he play better under Blatt ?
He’s going to command $150m like Embib despite he’s not proved anything at the elite level. Porzingis, to me, has developed the same habits than Melo, and that doesn’t look good. He’s trying to sell his legacy with highlights, but his game lacks substance and IQ. At the end of the day, he doesn’t stop people, he doesn’t rebound well, he doesn’t outscore people either. In Brooklyn, he wasn’t shooting over the defender despite being 7’3 and struggled to elevate his body. Hahn was right. Minus 20 really ?? In 16 minutes ??
The other home night, when Frank was doing a better job feeding him, he was clanking wide open jumpers.

I’m just worried. He stated he’ll be an all star this year, but thus far, I don’t see it. The NBA will present a much bigger physicality to you than FIBA. I don’t see him adjusting.
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Post#397 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:12 am

Man, I didn't want to do this, but I gotta say, I'm with Hahn and Wally. Dude is yapping his mouth all the time about what he thinks is right....now I hear him talking about how he's not on board with the losing, doesn't want to play center because he doesn't want to bang, doesn't want to talk about his behavior this summer...which I actually thought was good (move on, don't harp on the past) but now it seems like he did that because he thinks he doesn't need to explain anything to anybody.

This is telling...he's kind of a brat and feels he has the authority already to tell people what he wants. Like I'm really intrigued as to what he would do if Jeff just said **** it, play center.... :oops:

I'm not asking him to go win the pre-season championship....but dude...it's the Nets....it's pre-season...you just had a great tournament....show some passion and fire your squad up...that's all I wanted against another **** team in a meaningless game but the dude was so passive. Fine...be like that...but then don't pop off like an alpha already...that's all I'm saying. I believe in proof, and with all that he's saying, his play doesn't back it up, and I don't even mean stats...just assertiveness on the court as the HNIC.

Even Melo, bless his soul, when he tried to prove something ON the court, he didn't yap his gums about it off of it, never blamed anybody or gave us any false hope..WE DID THAT...but this kid...smh....I hope he doesn't turn out to be a fugazi.
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed."
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#398 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:43 am

All I'm reading is a whole bunch of complaints because, as Greenie would say, he's the "new shiny toy." This is pathetic.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#399 » by F N 11 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:56 am

Tbh him coming out saying he doesn't want to play center is screwing us because Beasley is prob our best fit at the 4.

We stuck with another I don't wanna play that position chit again. You gon play where you play. Same chit Melo did, it's not what you like it's what's best.

Capela is not some huge dude but he's the 5 on the Rockets end of story.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#400 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:05 pm

K P 6 wrote:Tbh him coming out saying he doesn't want to play center is screwing us because Beasley is prob our best fit at the 4.

We stuck with another I don't wanna play that position chit again. You gon play where you play. Same chit Melo did, it's not what you like it's what's best.

Capela is not some huge dude but he's the 5 on the Rockets end of story.

Him saying he doesn't want to play 5 is meaningless because that's where we have a major glut of players. Also, who cares if Beasley is our best fit at 4? This is a rebuilding year, not a go for a meaningless 8th seed year...

Return to New York Knicks