ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - NFL Discussion - How many wins for Giants and Jets?

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

How many wins for Giants and Jets? Options based on Over Unders

Jets 3
26%
Jets 4
11%
Jets 5
6%
Jets 6
5%
Jets 7
5%
Giants 7
9%
Giants 8
3%
Giants 9
5%
Giants 10
20%
Giants 11
11%

Total votes: 65

rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Re: OT - NFL Discussion - How many wins for Giants and Jets? 

Post#101 » by rammagen » Mon Oct 9, 2017 1:20 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Sark wrote:

Would rather play Davis Webb, and see if he is worth keeping. Geno sucks. He is there to be backup if the Giants were good. He's not there to be a long term replacement for Eli.

Absolutely. Webb at least has some potential to be an NFL QB (nice skillset and big)...Geno...is Geno.

Disagree. Geno has real potential that was wasted with the Jets. He can make multiple reads, use his legs and has a great deep ball. His biggest issues are not taking sacks or throwing the ball away which can be coached out of him in my opinion.

Disagree Geno is a waste, never klearbned from any of his mistakes through two different sets of coaches. That is on the player from poor off the filed choices)taunting a 260 lber and getting punched to holding onto the ball too long. He had his chance and is more then likely a backup because of his mental lapses. Physically talented but can not make reads and holds the ball too long.
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,018

Post#102 » by moocow007 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 1:23 pm

Another NY team that doesn't know how to tank?
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#103 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 1:29 pm

rammagen wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Absolutely. Webb at least has some potential to be an NFL QB (nice skillset and big)...Geno...is Geno.

Disagree. Geno has real potential that was wasted with the Jets. He can make multiple reads, use his legs and has a great deep ball. His biggest issues are not taking sacks or throwing the ball away which can be coached out of him in my opinion.

Disagree Geno is a waste, never klearbned from any of his mistakes through two different sets of coaches. That is on the player from poor off the filed choices)taunting a 260 lber and getting punched to holding onto the ball too long. He had his chance and is more then likely a backup because of his mental lapses. Physically talented but can not make reads and holds the ball too long.

This is the worst of all Geno takes...
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#104 » by Mecca » Mon Oct 9, 2017 1:30 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Sark wrote:

Would rather play Davis Webb, and see if he is worth keeping. Geno sucks. He is there to be backup if the Giants were good. He's not there to be a long term replacement for Eli.

As a Jets fan, lemme just say that I 100% agree with 92. I was team Geno for years. We completely destroyed his development. Bowles was an all time terrible coach for him. Last year we should've went to Geno as soon as we dropped to 1-3. Geno looked impressive in the Ravens game then tore his ACL. I would've preferred to bring Geno back rather than McCown tbh.

Before someone throws the stats at me. Rookie year Geno's #1 WR was Stephen Hill and Clyde Gates. Cumberland at TE. Rex Ryan coached team. Worst possible situation.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#105 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 1:36 pm

moocow007 wrote:Another NY team that doesn't know how to tank?

Ehhh tanking doesn't really work in football anyway because of the depth of talent available in the draft. Jets are in a good spot future-wise even if they don't get a top pick. Most of our key players are young especially defensively and we look to have already locked up a top 5 safety combo for the next 5 years. There are some decent vet quarterbacks that should be available this offseason and I wouldn't mind taking a shot at Lamar Jackson anyway who you probably won't need to be top 5 for anyway. On top of that, we have a ton of money to spend going into next year which we can use on an upgrade at receiver as well. If Mo wilk figures his chit out one of these weeks the jets are a dangerous solid defensive team.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#106 » by Mecca » Mon Oct 9, 2017 1:42 pm

I just wanna say I banged the effin table for Watson for 6 months just for all the so called football experts to say he wasn't an NFL QB. Can't believe we passed him up. That one is going to burn for a while.

I'm all in on Lamar Jackson now.
Brooklyn Nets
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#107 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 1:44 pm

Mecca wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

As a Jets fan, lemme just say that I 100% agree with 92. I was team Geno for years. We completely destroyed his development. Bowles was an all time terrible coach for him. Last year we should've went to Geno as soon as we dropped to 1-3. Geno looked impressive in the Ravens game then tore his ACL. I would've preferred to bring Geno back rather than McCown tbh.

Before someone throws the stats at me. Rookie year Geno's #1 WR was Stephen Hill and Clyde Gates. Cumberland at TE. Rex Ryan coached team. Worst possible situation.

All that for a guy who really wasn't supposed to be ready his first year.

Also just some stats for fun:

In his last 9 games as a starter for the Jets, Geno had a 67% completion percentage and 9 td's to only 5 int's.

In his last 9 games as a starter for the Jets, Fitz had a 55% completion percentage and 7td's to 7 ints.

Fitz should have never started over Geno because he was by all objective measures a worse QB and he was riding off the back of a defense in 2015 which was creating an unsustainable rate of turnovers that eventually regressed to the mean at the end of the season and the next year.

Geno can start in this league and had a genuinely awful supporting cast around him his entire tenure as a Jet. I'll die on the Geno hill if need be. He should have been our QB of the future instead we did everything we could to ruin the guy.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#108 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 1:46 pm

Mecca wrote:I just wanna say I banged the effin table for Watson for 6 months just for all the so called football experts to say he wasn't an NFL QB. Can't believe we passed him up. That one is going to burn for a while.

I'm all in on Lamar Jackson now.

I still think Watson is a little poor as a passer but he has that IT factor and his dual threat ability makes up for some lack of accuracy on his passes.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#109 » by Mecca » Mon Oct 9, 2017 1:48 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

In his last 9 games as a starter for the Jets, Geno had a 67% completion percentage and 9 td's to only 5 int's.

In his last 9 games as a starter for the Jets, Fitz had a 55% completion percentage and 7td's to 7 ints.

Fitz should have never started over Geno because he was by all objective measures a worse QB and he was riding off the back of a defense in 2015 which was creating an unsustainable rate of turnovers that eventually regressed to the mean at the end of the season and the next year.

Geno can start in this league and had a genuinely awful supporting cast around him his entire tenure as a Jet. I'll die on the Geno hill if need be. He should have been our QB of the future instead we did everything we could to ruin the guy.

Agreed completely. The big mishap was when Geno came back from the IK Punch, he should've gotten his job back once Fitz lost a game.

Then the way we handled the Fitz situation last year when GENO was the better QB? I will FOREVER hate Macc and Bowles.

I'm still pissed the **** off about missing on Watson because of f*cking Hackenberg. It really pisses me off. I wanted Watson more than I've wanted any QB available in my life as a Jets fan. I can't believe we screwed that up.

I swear if we pass on Lamar Jackson this year I will go crazy.
Brooklyn Nets
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#110 » by Knicksfan1992 » Mon Oct 9, 2017 2:12 pm

Mecca wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Agreed completely. The big mishap was when Geno came back from the IK Punch, he should've gotten his job back once Fitz lost a game.

Then the way we handled the Fitz situation last year when GENO was the better QB? I will FOREVER hate Macc and Bowles.

I'm still pissed the **** off about missing on Watson because of f*cking Hackenberg. It really pisses me off. I wanted Watson more than I've wanted any QB available in my life as a Jets fan. I can't believe we screwed that up.

I swear if we pass on Lamar Jackson this year I will go crazy.

It was beyond dumb and shortsighted to not only continue to start Fitz but then let him essentially hold out on us and hold the organization hostage for a whole summer for a guy who is barely a top 25 starting QB at his best. Only bad organizations let the inmates run the asylum and that's what we let him, Marshall, Decker, and Mangold do going into last year and it killed our future because we essentially alienated the one young QB with potential away from our team and we really had no idea whether Geno could be the guy because we never gave him a legitimate chance to be. Instead we fuqqed around and Bowles lost the locker room quickly. Luckily, it turned into Jamal Adams who looks like a beast, and a great locker room guy and is a nice consolation to missing out on Watson. Hopefully they learned from their past mistakes and make more sound personnel decisions going forward.

McCown has been surprisingly decent and is everything Fitz was without the boneheaded throws into coverage force feeding a number 1 receiver. He's limited but save for running into sacks and missing some reads he's been solid and that's all I could ask for out of a 38 year old journeyman qb. I like this squad and hopefully we find our QB next year regardless of where we end up drafting.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#111 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:09 pm

Giants are going to draft that Eli replacement.

Jets going to draft a linebacker
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#112 » by BeagleBoss » Mon Oct 9, 2017 6:16 pm

If there was a season to be bad, it's this one. I feel so bad for Odell though. Like him or hate him, the dude plays his butt off! Hate to him go out like that. :cry:
Lotsix
Rookie
And1: 287

Post#113 » by Lotsix » Mon Oct 9, 2017 7:39 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Giants are going to draft that Eli replacement.

why? the past has nothing to do with these regimes im sooooo sick of hearing this
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,775

Post#114 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Oct 9, 2017 8:23 pm

Lotsix wrote:

why? the past has nothing to do with these regimes im sooooo sick of hearing this

How often has McCag's went offense in the first round so far? 2nd - Besides Hackenberg?

I was being sarcastic. The Jets are clearly the team that needs a franchise QB and everyone thought would be bad (they are) and that the Giants would be good and Eli has a few more years.

Come on - you have to admit it would be quite Jetsy to win just enough games to fall out of where the top notch, can't miss QB's are. And I'm a Jets fan.
Lotsix
Rookie
And1: 287

Post#115 » by Lotsix » Mon Oct 9, 2017 8:52 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Lotsix wrote:

How often has McCag's went offense in the first round so far? 2nd - Besides Hackenberg?

I was being sarcastic. The Jets are clearly the team that needs a franchise QB and everyone thought would be bad (they are) and that the Giants would be good and Eli has a few more years.

Come on - you have to admit it would be quite Jetsy to win just enough games to fall out of where the top notch, can't miss QB's are. And I'm a Jets fan.

the jets were never going 0-16, 1-15 or 2-14...they got to much talent on the defensive side to keep them in games....that being said they probably win 4 or 5 games and draft in the top 8 and can get their QB, may not be darnold but it could very well be Rosen, Jackson or Allen or they could trade up for Darnold if they think hes the cant miss QB. The jets are fine, in good position and will find their QB.
KnickXxxx
Junior
And1: 172

Post#116 » by KnickXxxx » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:48 am

Let's say the giants tank the rest of the season. Do they draft Eli's replacement if they get a top pick and ones there? Or do you trade the pick.
rammagen
Head Coach

Post#117 » by rammagen » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:37 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
rammagen wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

no i would say yours is. Geno is a disaster and to say anything less is really a mystery, why because he was bad with the Jets he will magically change and be good with the Giants? get real the guy is a mental midget. nothing I said was untrue and completely verifiable. Or you mean he did not make the same mistakes repeatedly or he did not get into a fight with a 260 lber when he bailed on an event and offered to pay back the player in question never mind he was supposed to be a team leader? what do you base your opinion on? because it must not have been seeing him play.
Geno sucks almost as bad your limited post because there is some substance to geno but not your post
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
rammagen
Head Coach

Post#118 » by rammagen » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:44 pm

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/jets-fans-should-be-happy-geno-smith-got-punched-in-the-face-2/
quoted from the article..geno smith is who is a qb with physical tools and poor mental makeup
Last year, New York went 4-12 (3-10 under Smith) with one of the NFL’s worst passing offenses, and Smith was pretty bad for the second straight season. In fact, his career has gotten off to one of the worst starts of any QB since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger. Although Hall of Famers Troy Aikman and Terry Bradshaw kicked off their careers with equally bad passing efficiency numbers, it’s far more likely that Smith is a talent on par with, say, Kyle Boller than that he’s harboring hidden star potential.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,630

Post#119 » by mpharris36 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:48 pm

KnickXxxx wrote:Let's say the giants tank the rest of the season. Do they draft Eli's replacement if they get a top pick and ones there? Or do you trade the pick.

im in between. After the workouts if you peg Rosen or Darnold as a franchise changing QB I think you have to take them because it basically sets your franchise up for the next 15 years like Eli did for the giants.

But if you feel they aren't can't miss qb's and you trust eli for the next year or two and like Webb I would also be intersted in a 49ers type trade where they trade #1 and move down to 3, 4, or 5...pick up a bunch of extra picks (maybe another high second rounder). And pick Barkley...he is a flat out game changer. He's better than Ezekial Elliot without the headache. 4.3 speed can do everything.

Trading down a few spots for Barkley then addressing the o-line with the other high picks from the the trade could have the giants bouncing back in now time, even next year.

But you would seriously have to eliminate darnold or rosen as franchise changing QB's...because if they are you have Eli career whos about to be over and set your franchise up being competitive for the next 15 years since QB is so important.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#120 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:31 pm

rammagen wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
rammagen wrote:Disagree Geno is a waste, never klearbned from any of his mistakes through two different sets of coaches. That is on the player from poor off the filed choices)taunting a 260 lber and getting punched to holding onto the ball too long. He had his chance and is more then likely a backup because of his mental lapses. Physically talented but can not make reads and holds the ball too long.

no i would say yours is. Geno is a disaster and to say anything less is really a mystery, why because he was bad with the Jets he will magically change and be good with the Giants? get real the guy is a mental midget. nothing I said was untrue and completely verifiable. Or you mean he did not make the same mistakes repeatedly or he did not get into a fight with a 260 lber when he bailed on an event and offered to pay back the player in question never mind he was supposed to be a team leader? what do you base your opinion on? because it must not have been seeing him play.
Geno sucks almost as bad your limited post because there is some substance to geno but not your post

Show me tape of Geno not making reads and I'll believe you. And yes everything you said was untrue.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2015/film-room-ryan-fitzpatrick

But yeah let me see what you pull out of your bs hot take rants that has any sort of actual qb evaluation.

Return to New York Knicks