ImageImageImageImageImage

FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,852

Re: FrankFROOTERS Unite! - Frank Hype Thread #2 

Post#501 » by SelbyCobra » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:11 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:

Watch this video if you want to see what Frank looks like in his comfort zone. He's doing an interview with a really popular French pop culture Youtube star who surprises him with a visit. So it's not only in the language he's comfortable with, it's also outside the traditional news/studio setting and with someone more like a friend/peer.

Ntilikina is much more animated and demonstrative, much less reserved and calm. It's neat to see.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#502 » by ChaosHamster » Mon Oct 9, 2017 4:23 pm

Yeap, Frank really looks much more comfortable being around French speaking people, and its understandable. When I need to talk in English with someone, I get so nervous and uncomfortable, it sounds terrible.

Btw, that guy videos are **** horrible. Is he doing all of them in such style? First he poses for pictures, and then shows us those pictures on the side of a screen? :lol: And what about all those random motivation quotes? :nonono:
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#503 » by Sprewell4Three » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:40 am

Frank needs to get on the court and play. The guy has been extremely brittle so far. Dennis Smith JR was supposed to be the guy with the injury concerns right? SMH
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#504 » by Fat » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:16 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:Frank needs to get on the court and play. The guy has been extremely brittle so far. Dennis Smith JR was supposed to be the guy with the injury concerns right? SMH

He needs to rest up whatever injury he has and prepare for the first regular season game
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
FlashFlood
Rookie
And1: 509

Post#505 » by FlashFlood » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:52 am

Funny story. I heard Ntilikina played in the first game of preseason, so I decided to buy NBA league pass just to see him play. Then, news broke out that Frank was injured and wouldn't play any more which pissed me off so I didn't watch any basketball. Then RL came along and I forgot about it. Fast forward to today and I saw the Knicks were playing the Rockets, but due to the blackout I couldn't watch the blow out so I decided to watch Frank's debut!

First impression, the kid is 100% comfortable playing the game of basketball. He came out playing rock solid defense and displayed great synergy with Kanter. Any concerns that he isn't a PG are completely unfounded, this kid has natural PG instincts. He was getting to his spots on the wings and running pick and roll like a champ. His pocket passes were quick, sharp, and led to some easy shots which Kanter missed.

His handles are solid, but clearly a work in progress. It's a little high and the ball is a little exposed. Against some of the longer guards in the league, he's going to cough up the ball to pressure once in a while.

His jumpshot looks nice. He shot that ball with confidence and from long range. I'm positive he'll be a serious threat from 3.

Things he needs to work on: Finishing inside. If he's not going to try to dunk on people or do circus layups, he's gotta get a teardrop. Maybe he has one already, idk, but it was not on display that day. The passes to the roll man in P&R were great, but he was going to get Kanter murdered force feeding him down low like that.

Last but not least, this guy can be a serious serious defensive player. I didn't think he was going to be this good, but he was getting around picks at will, he was rotating properly, and his athleticism just lets him cover SO. MUCH. GROUND. This kid is going to strip alot of bad ball handlers going into the paint this year.

At this time, I believe Frank's floor is exceedingly high. It's like you took Shumpert, made him capable of getting around screens, gave him a jump shot AND gave him decent court vision. Kid's going to be a great pro
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,093

Post#506 » by Tron Carter » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:53 am

Read on Twitter
R.I.P Black Mamba
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,114

Post#507 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:57 am

Tron Carter wrote:
Read on Twitter

good stuff!
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,151

Post#508 » by Garbagelo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:01 am

Frank gets more dangerous by the day even when he doesn't play.

He is studying tapes and memorizing his own and probably his opponent's playbooks.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 17,852

Post#509 » by SelbyCobra » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:15 am

Tron Carter wrote:
Read on Twitter

For those not interested in clicking through:

Many members of the Knicks organization have been impressed by Frank Ntilikina's basketball IQ. Jeff Hornacek offered an example of Ntilikina's smart approach to the game on Monday night: "(He was) watching the game the other night on TV (when the Knicks played in Washington). And then he came to the coaches and said, ‘Hey you put two knew plays in at the timeouts, what are they called?' Not many guys would notice that when they watch the game on TV. He's a smart kid." When asked about it on Tuesday, Ntilikina said, " I think it's important for any player when you're not on the court - you have to keep working. For me, watching a lot of tapes is important. That's what I'm doing every day." The rookie has missed 3 of 4 preseason games with a knee bruise but the Knicks are hopeful that he'll return on Friday for the preseason finale.

Ian Begley, ESPN Staff Writer
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,214

Post#510 » by KnicksGod » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:21 am

SelbyCobra wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
Read on Twitter

Many members of the Knicks organization have been impressed by Frank Ntilikina's basketball IQ. Jeff Hornacek offered an example of Ntilikina's smart approach to the game on Monday night: "(He was) watching the game the other night on TV (when the Knicks played in Washington). And then he came to the coaches and said, ‘Hey you put two knew plays in at the timeouts, what are they called?' Not many guys would notice that when they watch the game on TV. He's a smart kid." When asked about it on Tuesday, Ntilikina said, " I think it's important for any player when you're not on the court - you have to keep working. For me, watching a lot of tapes is important. That's what I'm doing every day." The rookie has missed 3 of 4 preseason games with a knee bruise but the Knicks are hopeful that he'll return on Friday for the preseason finale.

Heart eyes Emoji.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,198

Post#511 » by Wolfgang630 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:25 am

SelbyCobra wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:
Read on Twitter

We drafted a great kid. This is the mindset you need to be a great player!
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,414

Post#512 » by JXL » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:12 pm

I see this place is dead since he's not been on the court for a week now. Still believe in the kid?
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#513 » by F N 11 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:21 pm

JXL wrote:I see this place is dead since he's not been on the court for a week now. Still believe in the kid?

I really hope this is some preseason precaution BS.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
KushComa
Sophomore
And1: 162

Post#514 » by KushComa » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:13 am

K P 6 wrote:
JXL wrote:I see this place is dead since he's not been on the court for a week now. Still believe in the kid?

I really hope this is some preseason precaution BS.

Yeah we need to get more hype for our young boi frank!!!! He a knick and will do great things. Gotta have some faith for once :lol:
B.A.T 14.0- TimberWolves
PG: Avery Bradley/Greivis Vasquez/Joe Young
SG: E'Twaun Moore/ Michael Carter-William
SF: Paul George/Quincy Acy
PF: Lance Thomas/Jarred Sullinger/Luis Scola
C: Brook Lopez/Jason Smith
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#515 » by Sark » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:53 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:Frank needs to get on the court and play. The guy has been extremely brittle so far. Dennis Smith JR was supposed to be the guy with the injury concerns right? SMH

He hasn't missed a game yet.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,903

Post#516 » by GONYK » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:01 pm

Sark wrote:

He hasn't missed a game yet.

Also, there is a difference between a torn ACL, and teammates bumping in to your knees.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#517 » by F N 11 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:53 pm

It would be nice to hear him and KP practiced today. If not, I'm thinking the worst (Burke signing).
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#518 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:59 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:Yeap, Frank really looks much more comfortable being around French speaking people, and its understandable. When I need to talk in English with someone, I get so nervous and uncomfortable, it sounds terrible.

Btw, that guy videos are **** horrible. Is he doing all of them in such style? First he poses for pictures, and then shows us those pictures on the side of a screen? :lol: And what about all those random motivation quotes? :nonono:

your written english is great! i hope your confidence in the verbal increases. this country is chock full of barely literate native speakers who have no business making you feel uncomfortable. salute!
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#519 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:00 pm

AND they only speak one language.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#520 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:02 pm

holy schidt. we really tripping over precautionary preseason and summer league rest for a kid who has been going hard playing pro ball all year? in what's supposed to be the great tank? let him rest all he needs for now. there ain't no rush to anything at this point.

i hope they rest our young guys for any tweaks and pain this year. they need to minimize physical risk for all the "meaningless" games we're about to play.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks