ImageImageImageImageImage

How many games will you watch this season?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

How games will you watch?

Less than half- 40 and lower
34%
Most of them
66%

Total votes: 53

NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,479

Re: How many games will you watch this season? 

Post#21 » by NYKnickerbocker » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:53 am

wish NBA app had alerts for when certain players are on the court and when they are subbed back in.

just need to see about 4-5 guys on this roster lol, but ill probably tune in for most games and transition out as the blowout takes place to schoolwork, 2k, etc
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#22 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:13 am

Fat Kat wrote:Every single game.

This is me every year and i live in Florida so i buy the league pass with direct tv. If i can't watch it that day or night cause i'm doing something then i record it and watch it first chance.
DaKnicksAreBack
Analyst
And1: 1,785

Post#23 » by DaKnicksAreBack » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:24 am

If I miss a live game I’ll watch it later with the dvr
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#24 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:36 am

Unless we make the playoffs
Then more
thisiskoz
Bench Warmer
And1: 511

Post#25 » by thisiskoz » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:56 am

paying for league pass for year 3 since leaving new york... thought twice about it this year though... at the Pepsi Center now watching okc melo.. god how I miss the garden...

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,371

Post#26 » by god shammgod » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:28 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:Every game. Ride or die for my knicks.

well.....rip i guess
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 32,941

Post#27 » by TheGreenArrow » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:42 am

god shammgod wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:Every game. Ride or die for my knicks.

well.....rip i guess

:lol: :lol:
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
QueensG718
Pro Prospect
And1: 688

Post#28 » by QueensG718 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:05 am

As much as I can sadly. Definately when kp and frank are playing...i want to see their chemistry build..

Sent from my SM-G920T using RealGM mobile app
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#29 » by FutureKnicksGM » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:39 am

I'll probably watch every game
Spoiler:
on Ximo or Rapid
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,327

Post#30 » by NoStatsGuy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:27 am

im watching every game like every year. probably pay less attention tho and switching over to okc games more often lol
im bout dat action boss
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#31 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:32 am

Gonna watch to check the yougins. Would obviously like to see some team cohesiveness especially on defense but youth development is my foremost interest.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#32 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:43 am

Btw if the way this board is right now is a preview of how whiny this board is gonna be all season you can count on me being here way less. We haven't even started the real season yet jeez.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
WeAreNYC
Sophomore
And1: 175

Post#33 » by WeAreNYC » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:24 pm

All of them or as many as possible. But I'm not going into the season with the expectation that they'll look like world beaters in most/any games so that makes it easier to enjoy. Just have to hope that the focus is mainly on the 8 guys 25 & under (KP, Frank, Willy, Dotson, Baker, Dougie, Kanter, Hardaway) for the most part and not the vets, even though I know they'll get playing time.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,134

Post#34 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:10 pm

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:Every game Frank and KP is in the lineup

60 games?

Why not all?
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#35 » by kane2021 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:20 pm

I find it much more enjoyable if I just watch the game and avoid others take on it. Used to be the other way around. But not anymore. I can watch a game without any preconceived ideas or expectations. Without focusing on one or two aspects of it trying to gather information to support an argument. Just a blank clean slate. A perfect recent example is kanter. I enjoy watching a big on the low block. No he’s not passing out of the low block. And yes he’s a bad defender. But this team isn’t going anywhere so what difference does it make?

I found rose last year to be kinda entertaining. Sure he was just going for self but so what? I come away feeling entertained by a game. Check what others think. And it’s a fire storm of anger. Almost pure hatred. Anything that was enjoyable is ripped to shreds. All of the negatives, and there’s plenty. Are highlighted. And it’s just this constant fight that takes on a life of its own almost to the point where reality is lost and imagination takes over.

So you say, hey. So and so had some nice moves tonight. And a bomb goes off. Lines are drawn. People want to rip that apart. Start coming up with mathematical formulas to prove to you why you shouldn’t have been entertained. Then you’re labeled. You find yourself having to defend a player you don’t even like just because you found something to enjoy out of a game.

Then there’s this delusional over analyzing searching for lighting in a bottle that will save us. Usually for some player that’s barley a pro. Or a young player. For example. I think Hayes is his name. Twice this preseason I saw him literally freeze when a lose ball was in his general area. I couldn’t believe it. What kinda pro ball player freezes when he sees the ball within reach? No wonder no one wanted him. Then I find out he said he doesn’t like New York. He said it’s dirty and there’s trash everywhere. I don’t see anything there worth watching. Why would anyone waste their time with a player like that? But no. Simply say cut him he isn’t worth it. And off goes that bomb.

It’s just really odd how people watch these games looking for fuel to fire their arguments all the time. To the point they cannot watch the games objectively. To a point where the only enjoyment they get out of it is to find reasons to argue.

Sometimes I think that it’s not fans of the team. But fans of arguments. People who are just unhappy in general and find entertainment in venting or “trolling”,.... as it’s called. And the knicks are merely a subject. And a public forum is just a venue to vent. It’s so bad that there’s even media that feeds this and counts the clicks like cash register chimes.

Because I can still watch this team play and find enjoyment from it somewhere. It isn’t until I check to see what others enjoyed about the game that I’m unhappy. I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels that way either. I suppose it’s possible to ignore the nonsense and find the others. But the weeds are thick now a days man. It’s like trying to find a long lost family member in an angry mob of people who will attack you for being happy. Let’s just nod our heads at each other and give a thumbs up. I see you. Be careful out there.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#36 » by F N 11 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:30 pm

every game possible. There is times where you can see certain aspects developing. A season is not just each game. Its getting better over a period of games is what im looking to see.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,439

Post#37 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:31 pm

If I watched practically all of them during our 17 win season ...
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#38 » by F N 11 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:38 pm

Yall sleeping on KP's 3rd year man. Also want to see Hardaway's scoring load. Dont take preseason too much to the head. Dotson's and Frank development as well. This is the first year of building something long term how can yall not want to watch. We are use to fake hustle years. Appreciate the development.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,963

Post#39 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:38 pm

Too many...A Clockwork orange and blue

Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Kurt Rambis
Senior
And1: 483

Post#40 » by Kurt Rambis » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:58 pm

Most of them.. I wanna know if we are getting better in time and what we have in young players.

I think it's more painful to watch talented players/teams to suck on court compared to re-building team. This won't be heart breaking.

Return to New York Knicks