ImageImageImageImageImage

Porzingis thread #4: The KP era is upon us

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Re: Porzingis thread #4: The KP era is upon us 

Post#421 » by NYKAL » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:27 pm

Pharmcat wrote:trade him to BOS before he becomes toxic. He clearly is not wanting to be a team player here and thinks he can say/do whatever he wants

I think you have it backwards. He is so too team oriented to be THE man. I can't see him demanding the ball if its isn't coming his way, he'd just play through it which is not how the Franchise Player should act.

I'm not going to kill him based off of preseason because it is a poor indicator of our upcoming season. I hope I'm wrong about his lack of fire in the belly. Hope he does become an Allstar this season as he said he expects. Would love to see him as the face of the team but, he needs to show that he has it 1st. The potential is there, now time to show and prove.
Ray Williams
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,359

Post#422 » by Ray Williams » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:26 pm

I think the biggest reason KP doesn’t want to play the 5 is Willie HernanGomez. If KP is the 5, Willie is gone, he is staying at the 4 so his buddy can get playing time/not be traded.
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,195

Post#423 » by Kampuchea » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:07 pm

Pharmcat wrote:trade him to BOS before he becomes toxic. He clearly is not wanting to be a team player here and thinks he can say/do whatever he wants

We should look into it, Tatum and 1 more. I worry about him getting more toxic like you said.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#424 » by Marty McFly » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:12 pm

Ray Williams wrote:I think the biggest reason KP doesn’t want to play the 5 is Willie HernanGomez. If KP is the 5, Willie is gone, he is staying at the 4 so his buddy can get playing time/not be traded.

or he's just not ready to play there full time, which is fine. we have a lot of centers as it is. i don't understand what the rush is.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#425 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:21 pm

Marty McFly wrote:
Ray Williams wrote:I think the biggest reason KP doesn’t want to play the 5 is Willie HernanGomez. If KP is the 5, Willie is gone, he is staying at the 4 so his buddy can get playing time/not be traded.

or he's just not ready to play there full time, which is fine. we have a lot of centers as it is. i don't understand what the rush is.

I think these both are true. I also think KP just admired guys like Dirk and KG growing up and figured if guys 6'11/7'0 can play PF, he can at 7'3".

Other than the league has gone smaller, the difference between a C and a PF is sort of illusionary.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#426 » by ChaosHamster » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:25 am

KP should aim for Gobert's body. :angel:

Rudy had troubles guarding bigger, stronger guys too, when he was <22.

Now he is 245 pounds, pretty much the same weight as KP, but is a monster.

Even if he doesn't become as strong as Rudy (and that's unlikely), it should be enough to comfortably bang with every C in the league.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,196

Post#427 » by Wolfgang630 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:21 am

Gobert had a great game. My thing about him was his offense. I want to see him more of an offensive player and if he shows that he's a yearly All Star and a top 15 player no doubt
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,196

Post#428 » by Wolfgang630 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:31 am

Like I said I don't expect a big jump from KP this year, but his ass better be in America this upcoming summer working with Hall of Famers, trainers, big man coaches or whoever is NOT named Janis working on his game.

I'm going to be super pissed and question if he even cares if I see him working out with his brother. Tell his brother to stop. KP should know his brother has no NBA experience. His brother is not an NBA champion. If he cares he'll put in all the work this summer with people who have experience in or around the NBA to become a star player.
April madness
Senior
And1: 404

Post#429 » by April madness » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:44 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:Like I said I don't expect a big jump from KP this year, but his ass better be in America this upcoming summer working with Hall of Famers, trainers, big man coaches or whoever is NOT named Janis working on his game.

I'm going to be super pissed and question if he even cares if I see him working out with his brother. Tell his brother to stop. KP should know his brother has no NBA experience. His brother is not an NBA champion. If he cares he'll put in all the work this summer with people who have experience in or around the NBA to become a star player.

Hall of famers can't travel to Latvia? :lol: But you're right. It's time to get out from under his brother's wing and learn from those who can teach more. I do respect Janis regarding how he made himself a pro basketball player in Europe when no one believed him here in Latvia, but there's definitely a ceiling to what he can teach to a NBA (upcoming) star. And in my opinion, it has been reached by now.

I do think they thought Knicks were going to send a coach to Latvia this summer, though.
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,180

Post#430 » by DOT » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:33 pm

April madness wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:Like I said I don't expect a big jump from KP this year, but his ass better be in America this upcoming summer working with Hall of Famers, trainers, big man coaches or whoever is NOT named Janis working on his game.

Hall of famers can't travel to Latvia? :lol: But you're right. It's time to get out from under his brother's wing and learn from those who can teach more. I do respect Janis regarding how he made himself a pro basketball player in Europe when no one believed him here in Latvia, but there's definitely a ceiling to what he can teach to a NBA (upcoming) star. And in my opinion, it has been reached by now.

I do think they thought Knicks were going to send a coach to Latvia this summer, though.

I don't get why people get mad at KP for going home in the offseason

Sh*t, if I had to work in Germany for at least 8 months a year, you can bet I'd be in the States the rest of the time
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,706

Post#431 » by F N 11 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:48 pm

Read on Twitter

F'in cursed. A 50 point blow out on opening night is coming.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Kurt Rambis
Senior
And1: 483

Post#432 » by Kurt Rambis » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:55 pm

K-DOT wrote:
April madness wrote:

I don't get why people get mad at KP for going home in the offseason

Sh*t, if I had to work in Germany for at least 8 months a year, you can bet I'd be in the States the rest of the time

It's more about questions around his development. Even though he got better he hasn't take a leap from rookie season. Still doesn't seem to work on his weaknesses enough.

Covering smaller players, rebounding, lack of post moves, screens etc. maybe even not getting big enough.
April madness
Senior
And1: 404

Post#433 » by April madness » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:05 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yes, doesn't sound good. I hope it's nothing too serious and he can be back practicing and playing soon.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,313

Post#434 » by duetta » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Not sure that I'm ready to pay Porzingis $148 million over 5 after this season.

He needed to add much more variety to his low post game in the off-season. A 7-3 guy should be unstoppable when guarded by a smaller player.

His long-range shooting is just not strong enough at this point to completely rely on it while leading a good team.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,045

Post#435 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:38 pm

duetta wrote:Not sure that I'm ready to pay Porzingis $148 million over 5 after this season.

He needed to add much more variety to his low post game in the off-season. A 7-3 guy should be unstoppable when guarded by a smaller player.

His long-range shooting is just not strong enough at this point to completely rely on it while leading a good team.

he's probably gonna get paid with a no trade clause included :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,084

Post#436 » by moocow007 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:40 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Read on Twitter

But what about Beasley?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,084

Post#437 » by moocow007 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:40 pm

duetta wrote:Not sure that I'm ready to pay Porzingis $148 million over 5 after this season.

Do they have a choice? I mean yes they obviously do. But do they?
F N 11
RealGM

Post#438 » by F N 11 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:44 pm

So don't pay him? The streak continues. Who gives a F about post game lol Is he good or not? Pay the man. Thats a ish load of money tho jesus.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#439 » by GONYK » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:46 pm

So the alternative is to give up on him at 23?
F N 11
RealGM

Post#440 » by F N 11 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:53 pm

I think the question is would these kids love the game enough after getting all that money.

Return to New York Knicks