ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Andrew Wiggins signs five-year, $148M extension

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Re: OT: Andrew Wiggins signs five-year, $148M extension 

Post#41 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:42 pm

Wolves only filled up 76.5% of their seats last year at home...:-?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,085

Post#42 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:45 pm

career .530 ts%, loll

if it's gonna be that low you better make up for it with defense.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#43 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:47 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Wiggins is Box Office, Tim is not. A player Like Wiggins puts people in the seats. THJ is not that kind of player. All these things have to be factored into stuff.

before this thread i forgot wiggins existed.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#44 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:49 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:Wolves only filled up 76.5% of their seats last year at home...:-?

but they came to see wiggins :rofl:

not even his own mom goes to his games.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#45 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:52 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:Wolves only filled up 76.5% of their seats last year at home...:-?

Which is good for a small market team. Look how many empty seats are in a big Market Like Miami...smh. And if there was no Wiggins How many would have been then :-? . Are you seriously acting like he did not help put people in the seats with Towns?
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#46 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:55 pm

blueNorange wrote:

Your Mom Goes to his games. :lol:
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#47 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:56 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:

And if there was no Wiggins How many would have been there :-? Are you seriously acting like he did not help put people in the seats with Towns?

Honestly, neither you nor I know...but 76.5% is the 2nd lowest in the league, so it's not like they were piling in to see Wiggins. He wasn't in the top 15 of jersey sales either, but neither was KAT. It's all conjecture. I'm not saying Wiggins didn't help, but I think you're putting too much stock in it.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#48 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:01 pm

$30 mil a year huh?

unreal

and people complained about Melo's salary

this guy has done nothing to earn that contract

Hell Id have included him in the Butler deal and made him Chi's problem and held onto LavIne or the pick
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#49 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:02 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
blueNorange wrote:

Your Mom Goes to his games. :lol:

:o

someone's gotta show up.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#50 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:02 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

And if there was no Wiggins How many would have been there :-? Are you seriously acting like he did not help put people in the seats with Towns?

Honestly, neither you nor I know...but 76.5% is the 2nd lowest in the league, so it's not like they were piling in to see Wiggins. He wasn't in the top 15 of jersey sales either, but neither was KAT. It's all conjecture.

You Make no sense. Who cares if he is top 15 in sales or any of that stuff. Common Sense will tell you that Fans who paid for tickets came out to see Towns Wiggins play. **** people come out to see scrubs liek Kuz play its the reason why they chant his name. They want to see him. But a player like Wiggins nobody wants to see him :lol:

Yeah, there are no kids and such that want their parents to take them to see Andrew Wiggins. Or no Adults are coming to see him play. If its all conjecture why even try to oppose what I say if you have no proof to back up your counter argument.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#51 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:03 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:$30 mil a year huh?

unreal

and people complained about Melo's salary

this guy has done nothing to earn that contract

Hell Id have included him in the Butler deal and made him Chi's problem and held onto LavIne or the pick

30mm is the new 20mm per year, but that's not the point. wiggins isn't a good player, and he's making bank. that's the issue at hand.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,182

Post#52 » by Garbagelo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:04 pm

yuck
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#53 » by Marty McFly » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:06 pm

I used to be a fan of his, i thought he'd be a lot better than he currently is, but he's 22 years old. who knows what kind of player he's going to be when he enters his physical prime.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#54 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:08 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Honestly, neither you nor I know...but 76.5% is the 2nd lowest in the league, so it's not like they were piling in to see Wiggins. He wasn't in the top 15 of jersey sales either, but neither was KAT. It's all conjecture.

You Make no sense. Who cares if he is top 15 in sales or any of that stuff. Common Sense will tell you that Fans who paid for tickets came out to see Towns Wiggins play. **** people come out to see scrubs liek Kuz play its the reason why they chant his name. They want to see him. But a player like Wiggins nobody wants to see him :lol:

Yeah, there are no kids and such that want their parents to take them to see Andrew Wiggins. Or no Adults are coming to see him play. If its all conjecture why even try to oppose what I say if you have no proof to back up your counter argument.

I make no sense? YOU said he's there for ticketing, well, if he is, why are the Wolves having major issues getting people to the games? I never said they didn't go to see Wiggins...the only thing I said was that the Wolves filled up 76.5% of the seats last year. That's the second lowest in the league. You're the one putting the wrong words in my mouth. I made a statement, that's it.

The bold makes no sense. You said the contract is fine because of ticketing - I said they are 2nd lowest in ticket sales and his jerseys aren't selling off the shelves either. Would you like to come up with some reason why they're super low in ticketing sales if fans go there to see him? I'll take anything - weather is bad, prices too high, busy, legit anything...it could all be true...but so could it simply being true that fans don't love Wiggins as much as you think they do...because if they did, it would show up somewhere quantitative. You can legit throw **** at the wall hoping something can stick and it could very well be right, or it could just be completely wrong. At least the **** that I've thrown at the wall is of some interest because, you know, fans go to the games to see him play...right? :-?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#55 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:11 pm

also are agents now pushing players to sign a huge extension in year 3 just so they can be in position to get 2 more big contracts in their playing career?

wiggins will be 26 when he's ready for a new contract(and then 30-31)
LOL Y U MAD THO?
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#56 » by god shammgod » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:13 pm

speaking of which, it's still preseason but supposedly the knicks aint selling out. wonder how long this rebuild will be allowed to last ?
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,034

Post#57 » by Capn'O » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:15 pm

god shammgod wrote:speaking of which, it's still preseason but supposedly the knicks aint selling out. wonder how long this rebuild will be allowed to last ?

Not through preseason, apparently :-?

Fun while it lasted, Capn'O...
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#58 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:16 pm

god shammgod wrote:speaking of which, it's still preseason but supposedly the knicks aint selling out. wonder how long this rebuild will be allowed to last ?

Well, some fans on here are already annoyed we're rebuilding so... :lol:

Anyways, are you sure the games aren't selling out? I was at the game on Monday and I'd say it came close to selling out, but it was just me eye-balling the seats around so I could be wayyyyy off.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#59 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:20 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

I make no sense? YOU said he's there for ticketing, well, if he is, why are the Wolves having major issues getting people to the games? I never said they didn't go to see Wiggins...the only thing I said was that the Wolves filled up 76.5% of the seats last year. That's the second lowest in the league. You're the one putting the wrong words in my mouth. I made a statement, that's it.

The bold makes no sense. You said the contract is fine because of ticketing - I said they are 2nd lowest in ticket sales and his jerseys aren't selling off the shelves either. Would you like to come up with some reason why they're super low in ticketing sales if fans go there to see him? I'll take anything - weather is bad, prices too high, busy, legit anything...it could all be true...but so could it simply being true that fans don't love Wiggins as much as you think they do...because if they did, it would show up somewhere quantitative. You can legit throw **** at the wall hoping something can stick and it could very well be right, or it could just be completely wrong. At least the **** that I've thrown at the wall is of some interest because, you know, fans go to the games to see him play...right? :-?

Where did I say the contract is "fine" because of that. Now you making **** up. I said its basically market rate for an extension of a young 20+ scorer that still has potential, which if it was not... He would not have gotten it. Its the same schit when Allan Houston got his 100 million. Thats what the market was like for a player Like him. The same with Joe Johnson when he got paid. the MArket dictates more than us saying well he is overpaid. I CLEARLY said...you can think he is overpaid, but the market will say something else..Oh so your conjecture is better than mines cause you say so. FOH KT. :lol:
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#60 » by blueNorange » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:20 pm

most of the pre-season are fans that buy off season ticket holders.

empty seasons are season ticket holders who are too rich that they don't care about selling the ticket.
LOL Y U MAD THO?

Return to New York Knicks