ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Preseason Edition

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Re: Around the NBA - Preseason Edition 

Post#501 » by dakomish23 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:21 am

Wolfgang630 wrote:When I watch other teams they just seem so much more fluid than us. I don't get why the Knicks just look off and not fluid on offense.

It almost feels like the Knicks play with a smaller floor on offense and then I watched the Sixers highlights and there's so much space between everyone. It's like the basketball court is so much bigger for everyone else.

Play KP at the 5 & watch everything open up
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,961

Post#502 » by Besart19 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:32 am

dakomish23 wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:When I watch other teams they just seem so much more fluid than us. I don't get why the Knicks just look off and not fluid on offense.

It almost feels like the Knicks play with a smaller floor on offense and then I watched the Sixers highlights and there's so much space between everyone. It's like the basketball court is so much bigger for everyone else.

If KP was a better passer and post-up player it wouldnt be an issue if he's at 4 or 5.

We also need a playmaking SF
Strength and Honour!
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#503 » by dakomish23 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:09 pm

Besart19 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

If KP was a better passer and post-up player it wouldnt be an issue if he's at 4 or 5.

I think as long as he faces up after receiving the ball in the post, he'll be fine.

We def need another wing to add to the core

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,796

Post#504 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:13 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Joel is unstoppable. I just want him to stay healthy please. Feel bad for son. KP should be able to do something similar to a team like the nets that goes small.

That's what's killing me about watching Embiid. KP should be doing something close to what Embiid is doing and he's not...It hurts watching Embiid as a Knicks fan

Embiid is just better. Let's hate KP for it.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 15,967

Post#505 » by Wolfgang630 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:14 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Besart19 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

I think as long as he faces up after receiving the ball in the post, he'll be fine.

That's what this upcoming draft is for. We need to get a wing in this next draft.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 3,961

Post#506 » by Besart19 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:14 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Besart19 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Three tanking seasons will ensure that... plenty of forwards on all three next drafts while we have at least 5 picks...
Strength and Honour!
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#507 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:15 pm

Besart19 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Besart19 wrote:

Three tanking seasons will ensure that... plenty of forwards on all three next drafts while we have at least 5 picks...

I don't think there's any chance whatsoever we tank even two years in a row, let alone three. Adding Doncic to this team with Blatt could make us a low playoff team next year.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,796

Post#508 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:18 pm

dakomish23 wrote:

Why can't this line up open things up?

Frank
Dotson or Lee
THJr
KP
WHG

4 shooters, one guy who is adept in the P&R. Or was last year.

But totally agree with your point. Knicks spacing sucks, guys don't know where to go on the court even in set plays, and once they start moving it just gets more clusterf*ckish.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#509 » by xNewYorkMadex » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:18 pm

Would love to see Embiid stay healthy.

I wasnt expecting him to play at all this preseason. Honestly I didnt think he would be back anytime soon, thought he would miss at least the 1st month of the season. Goes to show I wasnt keeping tabs on him at all.

I really just want to see how well Embiid and Simmons play together. I absolutely love the way Simmons plays the game, I want to see how hard he works and develops his ability to score. Those 2 can wreak havoc for years.

I slightly think philly may be overhyped a bit this year because are injury prone. Ive strongly thought about betting the under 39 wins they were giving. But im gonna hold off on that since i kinda want them to do well. And its too risky especially if Embiid suddenly is able to play at least 60-66 games.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#510 » by dakomish23 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:27 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Why can't this line up open things up?

Frank
Dotson or Lee
THJr
KP
WHG

4 shooters, one guy who is adept in the P&R. Or was last year.

But totally agree with your point. Knicks spacing sucks, guys don't know where to go on the court even in set plays, and once they start moving it just gets more clusterf*ckish.

It could work because WHG is such a good passer. But to max out the spacing, I think KP at the 5 is the move.

This is unorthodox, but for small stretches during games this year, I hope they go

Frank
THJ or Baker
Lee
Dotson
KP

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#511 » by dakomish23 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Besart19 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

I don't think there's any chance whatsoever we tank even two years in a row, let alone three. Adding Doncic to this team with Blatt could make us a low playoff team next year.

I don't think they have a choice thanks to the roster construction.

A top 5 pick this year and one from 9-12 in 2019 seems likely.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#512 » by dakomish23 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Besart19 wrote:

That's what this upcoming draft is for. We need to get a wing in this next draft.

Yep. Porter or Doncic will fit in seamlessly.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#513 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:31 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
Besart19 wrote:

Assuming Frank develops, KP shows he can be a #1 (or at least a #2), Doncic comes in and performs like how we know he can, Dotson / THJr play well, WHG progresses, etc. I can see us making the 7-8 seed next year. I can't see us getting a top 5 pick unless we get lucky in the lottery.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,354

Post#514 » by F N 11 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:46 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Joel is unstoppable. I just want him to stay healthy please. Feel bad for son. KP should be able to do something similar to a team like the nets that goes small.

That's what's killing me about watching Embiid. KP should be doing something close to what Embiid is doing and he's not...It hurts watching Embiid as a Knicks fan

Embiid is just better. Let's hate KP for it.

Im sorry thats one of the worst thing ive seen you say. I cant even compare them. Hopefully they are both healthy and we can have a feel.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,354

Post#515 » by F N 11 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:47 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

Assuming Frank develops, KP shows he can be a #1 (or at least a #2), Doncic comes in and performs like how we know he can, Dotson / THJr play well, WHG progresses, etc. I can see us making the 7-8 seed next year. I can't see us getting a top 5 pick unless we get lucky in the lottery.

Baby knicks !!
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
ny-n-md
Sixth Man
And1: 1,386

Post#516 » by ny-n-md » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:51 pm

Man that boy Embiid is good! If he can stay healthy the sky is the limit. I watched some of their game just amazed at how assertive he was and how his teammates kept feeding him. I want to see KP display those same traits as “the guy” on the Knicks. He doesn’t have to be as dominant as Embiid, but be relentless in establishing his presence in the game while on the floor.
JUST PLAY THE KIDS ALREADY!!!!!
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,437

Post#517 » by j4remi » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:00 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:Assuming Frank develops, KP shows he can be a #1 (or at least a #2), Doncic comes in and performs like how we know he can, Dotson / THJr play well, WHG progresses, etc. I can see us making the 7-8 seed next year. I can't see us getting a top 5 pick unless we get lucky in the lottery.

I think a top 10 pick is possible but it's completely dependent on coaching. With a Doncic pick, we'd have all the talent necessary but Hornacek doesn't have much faith from me and coaching selection seems to be cursed with this franchise.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#518 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:02 pm

j4remi wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Assuming Frank develops, KP shows he can be a #1 (or at least a #2), Doncic comes in and performs like how we know he can, Dotson / THJr play well, WHG progresses, etc. I can see us making the 7-8 seed next year. I can't see us getting a top 5 pick unless we get lucky in the lottery.

I think a top 10 pick is possible but it's completely dependent on coaching. With a Doncic pick, we'd have all the talent necessary but Hornacek doesn't have much faith from me and coaching selection seems to be cursed with this franchise.

I could have sworn I mentioned us signing Blatt in my post as well. Whoops. :lol: Until Horny is gone, I have no faith in this team going anywhere.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#519 » by dakomish23 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:03 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

Maybe. It takes time for youth to learn how to win games, but maybe KP takes the superstar leap we all hope.

Are you saying you can't see top 5 this year (2018)?

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#520 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:05 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Maybe. It takes time for youth to learn how to win games, but maybe KP takes the superstar leap we all hope.

Are you saying you can't see top 5 this year (2018)?

Nono, this year I see us absolutely getting top 5 and getting Doncic. I meant 2018-2019 I can't see us tanking with the progression of our guys and Horny being gone.

Return to New York Knicks