ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks sign Trey Burke

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,020

Re: Knicks sign Trey Burke 

Post#481 » by moocow007 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:18 pm

blueNorange wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
E-Balla wrote:Nate was drafted by the Suns at 21, David Lee was drafted at 30, and Camby/McGrady were great picks. Let's be real here if that was meant as an insult Pooch screwed himself (pun intended) on that one.

Especially TMac. TMac was a steal in one of the thinnest drafts in NBA history. Other than Tim Duncan (who was about as obvious a choice as you can get) going 1st, the only other player besides Duncan and McGrady (who was taken 9th overall) that reached any sort of star level was Chauncey Billups (3rd overall).

The rest? LOL...talk about just an absolutely BRUTAL draft. Adonal "Tin" Foyle 8th overall. Yikes. Here's the rest of the lottery picks:

2 Keith Van Horn PF United States Philadelphia 76ers Utah (Sr.)
4 Antonio Daniels PG United States Vancouver Grizzlies Bowling Green (Sr.)
5 Tony Battie C/F United States Denver Nuggets Texas Tech (Jr.)
6 Ron Mercer SF United States Boston Celtics (from Dallas) Kentucky (So.)
7 Tim Thomas SF United States New Jersey Nets Villanova (Fr.)
8 Adonal Foyle C Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Golden State Warriors Colgate (Jr.)
10 Danny Fortson PF United States Milwaukee Bucks Cincinnati (Jr.)
11 Tariq Abdul-Wahad SF France Sacramento Kings San Jose State (Sr.)
12 Austin Croshere PF United States Indiana Pacers Providence (Sr.)
13 Derek Anderson SG United States Cleveland Cavaliers Kentucky (Sr.)
14 Maurice Taylor PF United States Los Angeles Clippers Michigan (Jr.)

Talk about ugly as frick LOL. When Danny Fortson is the guy with the highest PER in the group, you know you're in trouble.

And it's not like there were any other gems in this draft. The only "steal" would be Captain Jack (Stephen Jackson) in the 2nd round. Brevin Knight (16th overall) and Bobby Jackson (23rd overall) were about the only other guys of any significant merit in this entire draft.

Robinson was also a terrific pick at 21, just as David Lee was a terrific pick at 30. Both these guys (especially Lee) I had mentioned before the draft as possible sleepers. Why? Because they showed that they have a specific thing (or things) they do that is NBA caliber. Doesn't mean they are going to be stars, but means it's highly likely that they'll find minutes in the NBA. Gotta have NBA level talent in something to be able to play in the NBA. More likely for a guy that is bad at things and great at things to find a role than a guy that is good at a lot but not great at anything.

i wonder how keith van horn would do a stretch 4 in todays nba, not dealing with athletic small forwards.

would probably still suck defensively but more of a scorer.

KVH probably would have fit better in today's nba. He's basically the ideal stretch 4. Not only can he shoot but he can actually create some shots and rebound a little. Defense still bad but most stretch 4's are bad defenders.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,682

Post#482 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:40 pm

moocow007 wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Especially TMac. TMac was a steal in one of the thinnest drafts in NBA history. Other than Tim Duncan (who was about as obvious a choice as you can get) going 1st, the only other player besides Duncan and McGrady (who was taken 9th overall) that reached any sort of star level was Chauncey Billups (3rd overall).

The rest? LOL...talk about just an absolutely BRUTAL draft. Adonal "Tin" Foyle 8th overall. Yikes. Here's the rest of the lottery picks:

2 Keith Van Horn PF United States Philadelphia 76ers Utah (Sr.)
4 Antonio Daniels PG United States Vancouver Grizzlies Bowling Green (Sr.)
5 Tony Battie C/F United States Denver Nuggets Texas Tech (Jr.)
6 Ron Mercer SF United States Boston Celtics (from Dallas) Kentucky (So.)
7 Tim Thomas SF United States New Jersey Nets Villanova (Fr.)
8 Adonal Foyle C Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Golden State Warriors Colgate (Jr.)
10 Danny Fortson PF United States Milwaukee Bucks Cincinnati (Jr.)
11 Tariq Abdul-Wahad SF France Sacramento Kings San Jose State (Sr.)
12 Austin Croshere PF United States Indiana Pacers Providence (Sr.)
13 Derek Anderson SG United States Cleveland Cavaliers Kentucky (Sr.)
14 Maurice Taylor PF United States Los Angeles Clippers Michigan (Jr.)

Talk about ugly as frick LOL. When Danny Fortson is the guy with the highest PER in the group, you know you're in trouble.

And it's not like there were any other gems in this draft. The only "steal" would be Captain Jack (Stephen Jackson) in the 2nd round. Brevin Knight (16th overall) and Bobby Jackson (23rd overall) were about the only other guys of any significant merit in this entire draft.

Robinson was also a terrific pick at 21, just as David Lee was a terrific pick at 30. Both these guys (especially Lee) I had mentioned before the draft as possible sleepers. Why? Because they showed that they have a specific thing (or things) they do that is NBA caliber. Doesn't mean they are going to be stars, but means it's highly likely that they'll find minutes in the NBA. Gotta have NBA level talent in something to be able to play in the NBA. More likely for a guy that is bad at things and great at things to find a role than a guy that is good at a lot but not great at anything.

i wonder how keith van horn would do a stretch 4 in todays nba, not dealing with athletic small forwards.

would probably still suck defensively but more of a scorer.

KVH probably would have fit better in today's nba. He's basically the ideal stretch 4. Not only can he shoot but he can actually create some shots and rebound a little. Defense still bad but most stretch 4's are bad defenders.

KVH was ahead of his time, and he still was an all-star-ish player in his prime.

he kicked ass and took names for us before we traded him and doleac for tim thomas and nazr mohammed in the lateral move to end all lateral moves.

i liked KVH better than fugazi, but nazr more than doleac.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#483 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:38 pm

for all the love marbury has been getting, lets not forget the crybaby and cancer he was.

he forced the knicks to trade keith van horn and then forced the knicks to trade kurt thomas(who threatened to beat the crap out of him)
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#484 » by reub » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:29 pm

blueNorange wrote:for all the love marbury has been getting, lets not forget the crybaby and cancer he was.

You would know.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#485 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:42 pm

reub wrote:
blueNorange wrote:for all the love marbury has been getting, lets not forget the crybaby and cancer he was.

You would know.

yeah because i'm a knicks fan, not a fan of a player.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#486 » by reub » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:45 pm

blueNorange wrote:
reub wrote:

You would know.

yeah because i'm a knicks fan, not a fan of a player.

yeah because you have those certain traits in common with him.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#487 » by MP4LIFE » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:30 am

Marbury and everyone from the Isiah Thomas era was a massive failure of their own doing. Stop discussing old loser squads and loser players in a positive light. Move on.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#488 » by boomann21 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:50 pm

Trey Burke when he was in his Glory.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#489 » by boomann21 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:34 pm

And You damn right. It is 25 Pages for my main man Trey Burke.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#490 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:45 pm

reub wrote:

You would know.

:o :o :o
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#491 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:47 pm

burke at least fits the direction of young and athletic with some potential left to explore. i like it. if jack's got nothing in the tank, then it works for me.

like jack as a locker room guy, but now you got like 5 PGs if you count baker.

minutes are an issue.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#492 » by dakomish23 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:52 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:burke at least fits the direction of young and athletic with some potential left to explore. i like it. if jack's got nothing in the tank, then it works for me.

like jack as a locker room guy, but now you got like 5 PGs if you count baker.

minutes are an issue.

Simple solution. Let the vets waive towels from the bench.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Governor Dudley
Starter
And1: 612

Post#493 » by Governor Dudley » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:27 pm

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:G-League insurance/depth.

I dunno man, we (meaning most of y’all) don’t really seem too cut out for a rebuild.

Most of it is about flexibility (the lack of isn’t on Scott), draft picks and development of the young guys.

Signing Trey Burke is as non risky a move as it gets.
There is literally no downside to anything we have done since Scott has been here. Beas, Sessions, Jack, Burke....all one year minimum contract guys.
I don’t understand why every damn move is met with such overthinking and negativity.

It's in our collective DNA. Were you around for the Demetrius Nichols saga?
The Big O 44
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#494 » by The Big O 44 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:37 pm

GONYK wrote:Probably means Jack is gone.

Now that we signed a young scrub instead of an old one, maybe people will believe that we are rebuilding.

young or old still a scrub

but better for convincing the public they're rebuilding you're right
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#495 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:37 pm

K P 6 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:the sixers were forming an identity when they went 10-72? I call BS on that. They sucked and thats exactly what we will be doing.

They suck but Brent Brown is a solid coach. He instilled values. They were raving about him during those awful seasons.

I bet that if he were doing the same thing here with that same record he would be absolutely destroyed by most media and fans. Just the way things are here unfortunately.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,352

Post#496 » by F N 11 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:08 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:the sixers were forming an identity when they went 10-72? I call BS on that. They sucked and thats exactly what we will be doing.

They suck but Brent Brown is a solid coach. He instilled values. They were raving about him during those awful seasons.

I bet that if he were doing the same thing here with that same record he would be absolutely destroyed by most media and fans. Just the way things are here unfortunately.

We are not patient here. When Lebron is on the way out and Curry is old, we will be on the rise hopefully.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
bigtimeRC3
Pro Prospect
And1: 571

Post#497 » by bigtimeRC3 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:18 pm

he forced the knicks to trade keith van horn and then forced the knicks to trade kurt thomas(who threatened to beat the crap out of him)

That's why we should never ever build a team around players born in Brooklyn. Nothing good will come out of it.
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#498 » by Jimmit79 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:22 pm

Knicks have 5 pgs none of them are starting material wtf was the point of signing baker?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#499 » by reub » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:58 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:Knicks have 5 pgs none of them are starting material wtf was the point of signing baker?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Baker can play. Frank can be great. Burke is young enough to turn it around. Sessions is good filler. Jack needs to go.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,851

Post#500 » by robillionaire » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:29 pm

bigtimeRC3 wrote:

That's why we should never ever build a team around players born in Brooklyn. Nothing good will come out of it.

I mean the bulls drafted MJ and they did ok :lol:

Return to New York Knicks