ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: ESPN versus TNT crew

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Which broadcast do you prefer

TNT
85%
ESPN
15%

Total votes: 99

OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Re: OT: ESPN versus TNT crew 

Post#21 » by OakleyDokely » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:36 pm

36TomChambers wrote:I can't think of a single thing ESPN does better than anyone else.

Firing people?
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,575

Post#22 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:52 pm

Ernie rules. Barkley is funny. Kenny and Shaq are still so bad but I loves me some Kevin McHale. I’d like to see Pierce and Pippen join TNT, like trade those guys for Kenny and Shaq. KG isn’t good enough, like I’m never going to think he’s cool.

On ESPN Rachel Nichols basically eats the camera and boom on “the jump,” she’s truly the worst, but once you fast-forward her hacky monologue and tune her out the show has some great moments produced by the guests. Robert Horry has been great. Now Woj is on there, yesterday Zach Lowe and he were on and I thought they did well. Michelle Beadle’s tomboy schtick is bad, Sage Steele was robotic but better. Monotone Jalen just honks away like a constipated goose. Trash. T-Mac, no.
36TomChambers
Sophomore
And1: 304

Post#23 » by 36TomChambers » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:08 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:
36TomChambers wrote:I can't think of a single thing ESPN does better than anyone else.

Firing people?

Good point. Their twitter bans are pretty strong too. The worldwide leader!
The Big O 44
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#24 » by The Big O 44 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:18 pm

LOL if Chuck said this today people would want his HEAD.

hahahahaha I couldn't help but laugh watching this.
lilswift01
Rookie
And1: 927

Post#25 » by lilswift01 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Pierce brings too much bias to the table.
ontnut
RealGM
And1: 8,026

Post#26 » by ontnut » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:28 pm

TNT is funnier and more entertaining, more often.
I really can't stand PP, so it's hard to watch him at all. The way he talks is like he's got a bone to pick with half the league, and there's a hint of disrespect there in that sense - he hasn't fully become a media personality yet, he's still hanging onto his NBA years.
Billups is just kinda dry and boring and not that particularly entertaining.
I like Jalen on podcasts, where he can go in a bit more and take his time, on TV it seems too forced/he takes too long to get his point across.
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,185

Post#27 » by Tofubeque » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:53 pm

I haven't watched the ESPN group as much therefore I hate them less
props Turbozone
phanman
General Manager
And1: 8,369

Post#28 » by phanman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:03 pm

Has to be TNT.. I mean how could you like listening to ESPN? Everybody is boring as hell except for Billups that man is incredibly insightful and I enjoy listening to his analysis.

Other than when Shaq lets his massive ego make it awkward on the set, I could listen to the gang all day. People asking to replace Kenny need to realize that the chemistry with him, Ernie and Chuck is just waaaaay to good to pass up. If anything Shaq is the weak link, but he adds to the goofiness/fun of the show.

On our side, I really wish they would get rid of Leo. I absolutely despise listening to him
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#29 » by macNcheese3 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:00 pm

TNT over that specific ESPN crew. The Truth is Paul Pierce is a horrible commentator/studio analyst.
Mascot
Lead Assistant
And1: 972

Post#30 » by Mascot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:08 pm

Anything that has Shaq is just awful but still more entertaining than espn.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,667

Post#31 » by VanWest82 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:11 pm

This used to be way more lopsided than it is now. In years past you could actually learn something from Kenny and Chuck. Now they're just buffoons, and Shaq makes it 10x worse. The analysis they do provide is flat out wrong as they've been unable to adapt to the changing game. I no longer PVR Inside The NBA, and that used to be one of my favourite shows.

At least the ESPN crew provides the occasional insight even if they are a little stiff.
elmer_yuck
Veteran
And1: 560

Post#32 » by elmer_yuck » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:27 pm

Kenny is really really bad.
Most of what he says doesn't make any sense.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#33 » by Kevin Willis » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:52 pm

VanWest82 wrote:This used to be way more lopsided than it is now. In years past you could actually learn something from Kenny and Chuck. Now they're just buffoons, and Shaq makes it 10x worse. The analysis they do provide is flat out wrong as they've been unable to adapt to the changing game. I no longer PVR Inside The NBA, and that used to be one of my favourite shows.

At least the ESPN crew provides the occasional insight even if they are a little stiff.

That's my issue with TNT, every year they seem more out of touch. Remember when Chuck GS can't win a championship with their style of play? Ernie is the man. Chuck is entertainment. Shaq is out there and he gets mad way too easy plus he mumbles which is bad for a broadcaster and makes up words. Kenny.

Billups sounds like GM material. When I hear him I think, ok that makes sense. Truth is out there like Chuck. He says things that are different but he played in the league last year so he is way more in touch with today's NBA than the entire TNT crew. So is Billups as a GM candidate. Jalen is irritating with his singing and he's usually wrong. But he seems to have a bit of an old school street element to him. He's annoying though. Michele.

TNT's production crew sets them apart but if you swapped and gave ESPN that production crew they would be more knowledgeable and entertaining. If you put TNT crew on the ESPN set, they would be painful.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
tontonpoulet
Senior
And1: 487

Post#34 » by tontonpoulet » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:04 am

TNT is the choice for me

BUT

Shaq has gots-to-go. He tries so hard to be funny. It's irritating as hell. He thinks that his days playing Kazaam makes him more qualified to be an on-screen talent then everybody else. He takes things personally very quickly. Tries to insult people but can't really take a joke about himself. Since Charles is the comedic character of the group, Shaq tries to blast him whenever possible. I heard he was a prick of a teammate during his time on numerous teams. Now I see why. TNT took a turn for the worst when they put him on full time. *END RANT* On the other hand, I'm not a fan of Kenny, but he has an organic chemistry with Charles. Their banter is funny. Charles and EJ are what keeps the show going.

I'd go back to the original formula. Keep everyone but dump Shaq for a different guest every week until they find a good natural fit and I think that 'Inside the NBA' would be back in my to-watch list.

blastttOFF
General Manager
And1: 8,803

Post#35 » by blastttOFF » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:05 am

kevin harlan and mike breen are toss ups. both appealing play by play voices
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,748

Post#36 » by Badonkadonk » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:08 am

Man you guys have waaaay more patience for Shaq than I do. For me, he's the most cringe of all the people involved in this comparison.
MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 30,987

Post#37 » by MavCarter » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:10 am

TNT and it's not even close tbh
#Enjoytheride
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,267

Post#38 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:51 am

Neither. I always change the channel/do something else when the talking heads come on.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,628

Post#39 » by Johnny Bball » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:02 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:Neither. I always change the channel/do something else when the talking heads come on.

Is there something else you watch religiously, or is it just to make sure you suck all the joy out of it.
Northface82
RealGM
And1: 59,711

Post#40 » by Northface82 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:59 pm

The Big O 44 wrote:

LOL if Chuck said this today people would want his HEAD.

hahahahaha I couldn't help but laugh watching this.

Lmao!!

Return to Toronto Raptors