ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Draft Thread (UPDATED POLL)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Who ya wanna tank for?

Luka Doncic
54%
Marvin Bagley
11%
Michael Porter Jr
23%
Mohamed Bamba
3%
DeAndre Ayton
3%
Hamidou Diallo
1%
Kevin Knox
2%
Colin Sexton
1%
Miles Bridges
2%
Isaac Bonga
2%

Total votes: 171

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,204

Re: 2018 Draft Thread (UPDATED POLL) 

Post#1081 » by mpharris36 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:58 pm

Read on Twitter
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,046

Post#1082 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:59 pm

who do u guys think is better

ben simmons or doncic

im going with doncic since he can shoot it lights out
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,594

Post#1083 » by El Poochio » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:06 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:who do u guys think is better

ben simmons or doncic

Simmons is basically Mutant Rondo on steroids until he develops his shooting, finishing

Hack a Simmons :o :eek2:

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1084 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:11 pm

ben simmons or doncic

Doncic. He's the best wing prospect as far back as I can remember.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#1085 » by Marty McFly » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:22 pm

ben simmons shoots floaters like he's playing beer pong, so yeah. doncic.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
El Poochio

Post#1086 » by El Poochio » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:51 pm

A SONG OF UNICORN AND DRAGON: A TANK WITH DRAGONS

TankCommander17
Bench Warmer
And1: 665

Post#1087 » by TankCommander17 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:01 pm

El Poochio wrote:

ben simmons or doncic

Simmons is basically Mutant Rondo on steroids until he develops his shooting, finishing

Rondo was a killer in the playoffs vs Bron and company . I will gladly take a mutant Rondo before I do a player who has never played a game in the nba.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1088 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:03 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

ben simmons or doncic

Rondo was a killer in the playoffs vs Bron and company . I will gladly take a mutant Rondo before I do a player who has never played a game in the nba.

That's just a projection, though. :wink: If I say that Doncic reminds me of a euro-T-Mac (less athleticism) meets Manu meets Roy, would you take him over Rondo?
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer

Post#1089 » by TankCommander17 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:08 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
TankCommander17 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

That's just a projection, though. :wink: If I say that Doncic reminds me of a euro-T-Mac (less athleticism) meets Manu meets Roy, would you take him over Rondo?

No he hasn't played against nba competition. He is playing against other athletically challenged players.

Simmons right now sucking at shooting seems to have elite skills for his size. If he learns to post up its over and they play him at the 1 its over for opposing teams. The rondo comparisons are not far off. And that is an elite elite talent.
Marty McFly
RealGM

Post#1090 » by Marty McFly » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:10 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

ben simmons or doncic

he's not anywhere near the finisher rondo was.

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Marty McFly
RealGM

Post#1091 » by Marty McFly » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:11 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
TankCommander17 wrote:Rondo was a killer in the playoffs vs Bron and company . I will gladly take a mutant Rondo before I do a player who has never played a game in the nba.

No he hasn't played against nba competition. He is playing against other athletically challenged players.

Simmons right now sucking at shooting seems to have elite skills for his size. If he learns to post up its over and they play him at the 1 its over for opposing teams. The rondo comparisons are not far off. And that is an elite elite talent.

TankCommander17
Bench Warmer

Post#1092 » by TankCommander17 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:11 pm

Athletically Doncic reminds me of Mike Dunleavy Jr. I am extremely worried that most of his skillset will not translate due to this.

Athletisim counts a lot in the league unfortunately. That is why dummies like Javalee McGee are still in the league. Jump high, run fast and have some semblance of basketball skills and you might just get an nba contract.

It doesn't work the other way as much.
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer

Post#1093 » by TankCommander17 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:12 pm

Marty McFly wrote:
TankCommander17 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

I knew someone would bring the one game he played which he didn't play that well all things given.

Most of his highlights are against other athletically challenged euros. Not a good look.
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer

Post#1094 » by TankCommander17 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:14 pm

Marty McFly wrote:
TankCommander17 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

Neither was Rondo his rookie season. But the difference is one is 6'9. He will learn to finish around the basket. Or at least one would hope with that size advantage. Again IF he is played at the 1.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1095 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:15 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
TankCommander17 wrote:Rondo was a killer in the playoffs vs Bron and company . I will gladly take a mutant Rondo before I do a player who has never played a game in the nba.

Other athletically challenged players? Why, because it's Europe? That's horse ****. He's killed it in games against guys who have played in the NBA / are playing in the NBA...as a teenager for the last couple of years. Deny Doncic's talent all you want, but it's dead wrong.

Simmons' sucking at shooting is bad, but there's also his issues finishing in paint, uselessness without the ball on offense (he STILL stands around waiting for it) poor defensive awareness, getting caught in air too often making passes... Funny thing is, he had the same issues at LSU...going against non-NBA talent.

The blind hatred / ignorance is real. :-?
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#1096 » by Rasho Brezec » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:16 pm

Read on Twitter
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1097 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:17 pm

Simmons finished ~55% of his finishes in the paint at LSU (and it doesn't look anywhere near that high during preseason)...Rondo was at 55% as a rookie.
Marty McFly
RealGM

Post#1098 » by Marty McFly » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:18 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:

Neither was Rondo his rookie season. But the difference is one is 6'9. He will learn to finish around the basket. Or at least one would hope with that size advantage. Again IF he is played at the 1.

you're way more confident in him developing some sort of scoring ability than i ever could. i just don't see it yet. he looks so uncomfortable trying to finish. to me anyway.

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#1099 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:19 pm

Marty McFly wrote:
TankCommander17 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:

Knickstape1214 wrote:Simmons finished ~55% of his finishes in the paint at LSU (and it doesn't look anywhere near that high during preseason)...Rondo was at 55% as a rookie.

Marty McFly wrote:
TankCommander17 wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:he's not anywhere near the finisher rondo was.

you're way more confident in him developing some sort of scoring ability than i ever could. i just don't see it yet. he looks so uncomfortable trying to finish. to me anyway.

You mean, you can't project someone who is afraid to take jumpers (and misses them on the very rare occasion he does) and can't finish in the paint (even in college) as a good scorer going forward? :o I'm SPEECHLESS!
El Poochio

Post#1100 » by El Poochio » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:22 pm

TankCommander17 wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

I dont know if he still has it but Josh Adams used to have the bounce and Doncic folded his ankles, put it in a box, packaged it with a blue and orange ribbon, and sent it to the void

Return to New York Knicks