ImageImageImageImageImage

Dotson recognized for his defense, comparisons to Shump

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,075

Re: Dotson recognized for his defense, comparisons to Shump 

Post#61 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:09 pm

camillepd wrote:
blueNorange wrote:the only player you can compare dotson to is other players that raped a drunk girl.

so derrick rose?

So you have going him guilty even though he was never charged with anything. Nice.

sure he was never charged but there was enough evidence that

1. he got banned from college campus
2. he called the girl and apologized for what he did, saying it's not right. nobody should go through what she did and he doesn't wish it on his own mother/sister
3. he put himself in anger management classes
4. the other student is pretty much black balled from the nba because he raped another girl when he transferred to another college.

open your eyes, men not being charged is part of the problem. they always get away with it. harvey weinstein made a career getting away with it, same with bill cosby. that dude from game of thrones is under heat because he said it's cool playing a guy that rapes beautiful women on the show"
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,058

Post#62 » by vallen » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:10 pm

any 2nd rounder compared to a contributor so early in his career is a plus. do we have to deem everyone Kobe from the start ? the fact that hes being mentioned, at all, at this stage is a positive. people still complaining. :crazy:
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,486

Post#63 » by CharlesOakley » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:11 pm

Shumpert shouldn't be in the league at all at this point. I've never seen a player regress below his rookie season before. If Dotson compares to rookie season Shumpert with a 3-point shot and a layup, I'll be thrilled. I would love to see us run an all-defense lineup at some point:

pg - Frank
sg - Lee
sf - Dotson
pf - KP
c - Noah

I would also love the "give effort on D or ride the pine" rule from the coaches. I don't want THJ, Kanter, Willy or Beasley sleepwalking through D without any repercussions. On a crap team with no chance of making the playoffs, there is little reason to play low effort players. Culture building starts with playing defense the right way.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#64 » by newyorker4ever » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:17 pm

captvict wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
reub wrote:
Thanks, Phil!

This^
KP6
Willy
Frankie
Dotson

Close .....I would go with
Baker
Dotson
Frank
Kp
Noah

I was talking about the drafted players Phil got for us and although i do still like Noah, i don't like the contract. Too long and too much money.
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#65 » by reub » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:23 pm

blueNorange wrote:
camillepd wrote:
blueNorange wrote:the only player you can compare dotson to is other players that raped a drunk girl.

so derrick rose?

So you have going him guilty even though he was never charged with anything. Nice.

2. he called the girl and apologized for what he did, saying it's not right. nobody should go through what she did and he doesn't wish it on his own mother/sister
4. the other student is pretty much black balled from the nba because he raped another girl when he transferred to another college.

open your eyes, men not being charged is part of the problem. they always get away with it. harvey weinstein made a career getting away with it, same with bill cosby. that dude from game of thrones is under heat because he said it's cool playing a guy that rapes beautiful women on the show"

Unless you have absolute proof that he's guilty of rape then STFU!
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#66 » by reub » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:24 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
captvict wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
This^
KP6
Willy
Frankie
Dotson

Close .....I would go with
Baker
Dotson
Frank
Kp
Noah

I was talking about the drafted players Phil got for us and although i do still like Noah, i don't like the contract. Too long and too much money.

Hey, 4 years of Noah is better than, er, 5 years of Noah.
Rotten Apple
General Manager
And1: 5,113

Post#67 » by Rotten Apple » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:35 pm

It's funny cause I said the 21 makes me hate him a bit but you can him kinda being what we hoped Chump would become. I was kinda upset when they told Timmy he had to improve offensively and defensively the gave him 70 million. Like just let the kid play if that's the case.
Rotten Apple
General Manager
And1: 5,113

Post#68 » by Rotten Apple » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:37 pm

blueNorange wrote:
camillepd wrote:

so derrick rose?

Why can't you just stick to basketball?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#69 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:37 pm

reub wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
camillepd wrote:So you have going him guilty even though he was never charged with anything. Nice.

lol if he didn't rape her, then why did he call her?

The victim said in a statement she was “highly intoxicated.” It was alleged they began to “touch [her] all over in the bathroom,” with Dotson forcing her to give him oral sex as Austin penetrated her against her will.

“I remember saying no the entire time,” she told police.

The alleged assault was interrupted when someone walked into the bathroom. But shortly thereafter, Artis forced her into the bathroom again, where she gave them oral sex against her will, according to the police report. When that incident ended, she got outside and saw a friend, but Austin grabbed her arms and briefly put her in a “choke hold,” the police report stated. She wound up taking a taxi with the three players to an apartment leased by Artis and Dotson. There, all three had sex with her, the report said.

“I think I just gave up. I let them do whatever they wanted,” she told police.” I just wanted it to be over and go to sleep.”

It finally stopped when she began crying during intercourse, according to the report.

The report also included a phone conversation recorded a week after the incident. Dotson apologized to the victim and told her the incident was “very inappropriate,” he was “sorry,” and he wouldn’t want it to happen to his mother or sister. Though he told her, according to the report, “it was an experience nobody should have to [go through],” he didn’t believe she was taken advantage of.

Dotson also told the woman he never was involved in an incident like that before and wouldn’t again. He described it as a “lesson learned.”

Citing lack of evidence and conflicting reports, no charges were filed by the Lane County District Attorney office. However, then-district attorney Alex Gardner did write in an April 14 statement that “there is no doubt the incidents occurred.”

so no i won't stfu, keep supporting garbage human beings. :lol:
LOL Y U MAD THO?
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#70 » by reub » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:44 pm

blueNorange wrote:
reub wrote:
blueNorange wrote:sure he was never charged but there was enough evidence that

The victim said in a statement she was “highly intoxicated.” It was alleged they began to “touch [her] all over in the bathroom,” with Dotson forcing her to give him oral sex as Austin penetrated her against her will.

The alleged assault was interrupted when someone walked into the bathroom. But shortly thereafter, Artis forced her into the bathroom again, where she gave them oral sex against her will, according to the police report. When that incident ended, she got outside and saw a friend, but Austin grabbed her arms and briefly put her in a “choke hold,” the police report stated. She wound up taking a taxi with the three players to an apartment leased by Artis and Dotson. There, all three had sex with her, the report said.

“I think I just gave up. I let them do whatever they wanted,” she told police.” I just wanted it to be over and go to sleep.”

It finally stopped when she began crying during intercourse, according to the report.

The report also included a phone conversation recorded a week after the incident. Dotson apologized to the victim and told her the incident was “very inappropriate,” he was “sorry,” and he wouldn’t want it to happen to his mother or sister. Though he told her, according to the report, “it was an experience nobody should have to [go through],” he didn’t believe she was taken advantage of.

Dotson also told the woman he never was involved in an incident like that before and wouldn’t again. He described it as a “lesson learned.”

Citing lack of evidence and conflicting reports, no charges were filed by the Lane County District Attorney office. However, then-district attorney Alex Gardner did write in an April 14 statement that “there is no doubt the incidents occurred.”

What was he convicted of?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#71 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:46 pm

reub wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
reub wrote:

have you ever gone through jury duty?

the first thing the lawyer make sure you know is that it's never about who's right or who's wrong, it's always about the info they have.

who calls a girl apologizing for what they did if it was just sex? open your eyes for once, jeez. women are taken advantage of everyday and men like you just allow it.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by reub » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:53 pm

blueNorange wrote:
reub wrote:
blueNorange wrote:lol if he didn't rape her, then why did he call her?

the first thing the lawyer make sure you know is that it's never about who's right or who's wrong, it's always about the info they have.

who calls a girl apologizing for what they did if it was just sex? open your eyes for once, jeez. women are taken advantage of everyday and men like you just allow it.

Yes many times in different venues. Have you ever read Coffin v. United States, 156 U.S. 432 (1895)?
DaKnicksAreBack
Analyst
And1: 1,785

Post#73 » by DaKnicksAreBack » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:57 pm

blueNorange wrote:
reub wrote:
blueNorange wrote:lol if he didn't rape her, then why did he call her?

You don’t know the details of the case and you’re spouting off. Do you know for a fact he called her to apologize for rapping her? No you don’t, so please stfu.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#74 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:00 pm

DaKnicksAreBack wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
reub wrote:

You don’t know the details of the case and you’re spouting off. Do you know for a fact he called her to apologize for rapping her? No you don’t, so please stfu.

yes, i do. him calling her is documented and it is indeed a fact. did you not read the bolded part?
LOL Y U MAD THO?
DaKnicksAreBack
Analyst
And1: 1,785

Post#75 » by DaKnicksAreBack » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:02 pm

blueNorange wrote:
DaKnicksAreBack wrote:
blueNorange wrote:have you ever gone through jury duty?

yes, i do. that's been documented that he called her. did you not read the bolded part?

He did apologize to her, but show me where he apologizes to her for rapping her.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,974

Post#76 » by Capn'O » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:03 pm

blueNorange wrote:1. he got banned from college campus

Seems pretty clear from what I've read that he did something out of consensual bounds to that woman. At the very least. Don't 2&3 suggest he's aware of it and taking steps to take responsibility and move on? I've had female partners do things to me that would be considered sexual assault (and have been called such by therapists). I wish they would have called me and granted me half the respect he did there. The woman dropped it and while the other player involved has shown a serial pattern in the behavior there is nothing to suggest Dotson has. We have a player that **** up, bigtime. We can acknowledge that and move on ourselves.

Further, I don't see the point of bringing all this up in a thread evaluating his basketball ability other than to derail and rile people up.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#77 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:04 pm

DaKnicksAreBack wrote:
blueNorange wrote:
DaKnicksAreBack wrote:

yes, i do. that's been documented that he called her. did you not read the bolded part?

He did apologize to her, but show me where he apologizes to her for rapping her.

LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#78 » by blueNorange » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:06 pm

Capn'O wrote:

Seems pretty clear from what I've read that he did something out of consensual bounds to that woman. Don't 2&3 suggest he's aware of it and taking steps to take responsibility and move on? I've had female partners women do things to me that would be considered sexual assault (and has been called such by therapists). I wish they would have called me and granted me half the respect he did there. The woman dropped it and while the other player involved has shown a serial pattern in the behavior there is nothing to suggest Dotson has. We have a player that **** up, bigtime. We can acknowledge that and move on ourselves.

Further, I don't see the point of bringing all this up in a thread evaluating his basketball ability other than to derail and rile people up.

the point i'm getting to is, the public has no idea who dotson is ... the more recognition he gets, the more his ugly past comes back to haunt him.

you don't just rape someone and live the rest of your life normal, it'll alway come back again.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
reub
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by reub » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:08 pm

blueNorange wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

Seems pretty clear from what I've read that he did something out of consensual bounds to that woman. Don't 2&3 suggest he's aware of it and taking steps to take responsibility and move on? I've had female partners women do things to me that would be considered sexual assault (and has been called such by therapists). I wish they would have called me and granted me half the respect he did there. The woman dropped it and while the other player involved has shown a serial pattern in the behavior there is nothing to suggest Dotson has. We have a player that **** up, bigtime. We can acknowledge that and move on ourselves.

the point i'm getting to is, the public has no idea who dotson is ... the more recognition he gets, the more his ugly past comes back to haunt him.

you don't just rape someone and live the rest of your life normal, it'll alway come back again.

What about your ugly present?
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#80 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:10 pm

ChuckyFE wrote:Give me a lineup of:

Ntilikina
Dotson
Hardaway Jnr
Porzingis
Whoeva da Fuq else Yu want

So much athleticism, shooting, length and defense. And now I gotta change my pants.

zero chance

Return to New York Knicks