Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Re: Best Case, Worst Case 

Post#21 » by Unbreakable99 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:03 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:
76ciology wrote:Yeah. I'm more balanced this year. I think Ben and Fultz won't live up to their hype THIS YEAR, but they'll show promise and be big stars in the future. I now believe that our season depends a lot in Embiid. He's the only guy who has superstar impact on our team.

I wonder if the Nets would trade Russell for Fultz. Would you?

They would and they wouldn't even take a minute to decide.

Fultz is on his rookie deal. Fultz is viewed as franchise player. Russell is a former player trying to regain some his value that made him the third overall pick.

BC needs to work his magic. Get Russell on this team.
JojoSlimbiid
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#22 » by JojoSlimbiid » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:11 pm

I mean sure I'd trade Fultz for Russell....if I was mentally ill
MambaJuice
Junior
And1: 194

Post#23 » by MambaJuice » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:20 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:

Fultz is on his rookie deal. Fultz is viewed as franchise player. Russell is a former player trying to regain some his value that made him the third overall pick.

Not sure if serious. I wouldn't give up anything of value for Russell, especially Fultz. And the Nets won't just trade Russell for peanuts like OK4 and change. You make a move like trading Fultz for an established superstar if you think you're close to contending for a championship, like the Cavs trading Wiggins for Love. You don't trade the #1 overall pick for a reclamation project. I'd trade Fultz and future 1s for someone like Klay Thompson. But this team isn't ready for that kind of move yet.
Cheatergriffin
Pro Prospect
And1: 356

Post#24 » by Cheatergriffin » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:39 pm

Dont get me wrong i like druss going forward, but to act like he's a great shooter when he hasnt shot above 41% for his career so far and over 36% from three is a huge leap. Plays ZERO defense. Not a good athlete, so the potential to turn it around on defense isnt there. Assist/turnover ratio isnt good either. Not to mention the immaturity/locker room issues that were probably the main reason he was traded (and lonzo ball).

Teams trade the #1 pick for proven High caliber studs, not disappointing players in their 3rd year.

This would be like Jah being on the nets and getting a ton of touches as a feature player and boston fans saying hey we should trade tatum for okafor.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#25 » by spikeslovechild » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:33 pm

Cheatergriffin wrote:Dont get me wrong i like druss going forward, but to act like he's a great shooter when he hasnt shot above 41% for his career so far and over 36% from three is a huge leap. Plays ZERO defense. Not a good athlete, so the potential to turn it around on defense isnt there. Assist/turnover ratio isnt good either. Not to mention the immaturity/locker room issues that were probably the main reason he was traded (and lonzo ball).

Teams trade the #1 pick for proven High caliber studs, not disappointing players in their 3rd year.

This would be like Jah being on the nets and getting a ton of touches as a feature player and boston fans saying hey we should trade tatum for okafor.

Thats why I think if a trade does get made it will be something along the lines of Okafor + for Russell. I mean Russell was already traded we have a pretty good idea of his value.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#26 » by spikeslovechild » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:35 pm

Unbreakable99 wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:

I like him too. He fits well the Nets need a big problem is if they don't want Okafor who do we give them. I aint giving Saric, Simmons, or Fultz. Embiid isn't even in the discussion. So who would they want? If they value Okafor we could have a discussion if not it's a pass.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#27 » by Sixerscan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:42 pm

I was as high on Russell during the draft time as anyone here, and still think he can be a very good player.

But why would the Nets want to trade Russell for spare parts? They just got him. The time to get him was trying to slip in as a third team in that trade in June.

His value has fallen but it hasn't cratered like Okafor's. He's still generally considered a top 20 prospect.
GabeCerebro
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#28 » by GabeCerebro » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:41 pm

Cheatergriffin wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Unbreakable99 wrote:

Really good tough question. Right now I’m really tempted to say yes but let’s not forget that DLo looked bad also in his rookie year that we should exercise some patience on Fultz. I’d say fultz upside is higher with better athleticism, better attack rim game and better handles.

Jesus its been what 2 preseason games and people are already wanting to trade fultz for russell? Lmao wtf?

We've waited 4 years and showed amazing patience as a fan base, but with a whiff of semi decent expectations we are going to change our entire mentality? Trade fultz after 4 preseason games? Cmon you guys are better than this.

Would really have to think about trade robert covington for russell let alone the #1 pick in the draft to which the season hasnt even started.

It's unbelievable.
GabeCerebro
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#29 » by GabeCerebro » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:43 pm

76ciology wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
76ciology wrote:
For the record, i said i wont do the deal. But regarding this issue, some people will be quick to pull the trigger because most believe the honeymoon stage in a young player’s value does decline quickly

So you think it's a tough question whether to trade him for a guy whose value has already declined? And is two years older and has two years less on his contract?

I already said it.

Tough question, tempted to trade but I wouldn’t do it.

Not clear?

No, you weren't clear.. Nothing about the question was "tough" at all. Sixers don't even consider it.
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#30 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:52 am

Sixerscan wrote:I was as high on Russell during the draft time as anyone here, and still think he can be a very good player.

But why would the Nets want to trade Russell for spare parts? They just got him. The time to get him was trying to slip in as a third team in that trade in June.

His value has fallen but it hasn't cratered like Okafor's. He's still generally considered a top 20 prospect.

What does that all that mean top 20 outside of top 20 those are useless buzzwords. As a practical matter I have Okafor valued of a late round pick and if you look at what the Nets took on versus what they gave up Russell value sort of sits at a 1st round pick just outside the top ten.

Thats not value that should be impossible to bridge. Like I said if they are interested in Jah I'd do Jah plus a heavily protected first rounder. Which I think is more then fair. If they are not interested then they are not interested but Russell only has two years left so as much as you consider him a prospect a decision will have to made on him sooner rather then later.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,527

Post#31 » by 76ciology » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:15 am

ProkaFultz vs NokaFultz

Take it easy on me. It’s unbreakable who is nokaFultz he’s prokaBALL.

He’s starting the movement. Open your eyes.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#32 » by Sixerscan » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:27 am

spikeslovechild wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:I was as high on Russell during the draft time as anyone here, and still think he can be a very good player.

What does that all that mean top 20 outside of top 20 those are useless buzzwords. As a practical matter I have Okafor valued of a late round pick and if you look at what the Nets took on versus what they gave up Russell value sort of sits at a 1st round pick just outside the top ten.

Thats not value that should be impossible to bridge. Like I said if they are interested in Jah I'd do Jah plus a heavily protected first rounder. Which I think is more then fair. If they are not interested then they are not interested but Russell only has two years left so as much as you consider him a prospect a decision will have to made on him sooner rather then later.

I mean of everyone under 23 years old Russell is a top 20 guy. Top 15 tbh.

They have a smart GM so I doubt they are interested in Okafor.
Ericb5
RealGM
And1: 3,377

Post#33 » by Ericb5 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:16 am

Russell is the only thing that the Nets have, and they stole him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
broseph13
Senior
And1: 170

Post#34 » by broseph13 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:37 am

It really baffles me that there a number of NBA players who managed to get to the league with zero jumper and an awkward way of finishing around the rim.
Simmons25
Analyst
And1: 2,235

Post#35 » by Simmons25 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:55 am

broseph13 wrote:It really baffles me that there a number of NBA players who managed to get to the league with zero jumper and an awkward way of finishing around the rim.

How does that baffle you? It makes perfect sense to me... if you are a young kid coming through and you are bigger and more athletic than literally everyone else you meet and play against you probably spend 90% of the game dunking on guys 4 inches shorter than you... and probably never spend any time shooting jumpers in a game.

In fact always being the "bigger kid" you are more likely to be shoved at the 4 or 5 and play there... and never get to develop a jumper early on when it really matters.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#36 » by Unbreakable99 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:02 pm

76ciology wrote:ProkaFultz vs NokaFultz

Take it easy on me. It’s unbreakable who is nokaFultz he’s prokaBALL.

He’s starting the movement. Open your eyes.

Lol
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#37 » by spikeslovechild » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:18 am

Sixerscan wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:

Was Noel a top 20 prospect when we traded him? Russell has an extra year of control. This is the problem with these young players you can say they are prospects all you want but at the end of the day with only two years none of that matters.

All that matters is does BKN feel he will be worth extending and if not does it make sense to trade him now when he has value versus next year when he has none.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#38 » by Sixerscan » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:05 am

spikeslovechild wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:

Was Noel a top 20 prospect when we traded him? Russell has an extra year of control. This is the problem with these young players you can say they are prospects all you want but at the end of the day with only two years none of that matters.

All that matters is does BKN feel he will be worth extending and if not does it make sense to trade him now when he has value versus next year when he has none.

No he wasn't.

A guy that has two full seasons of control is a lot different than a guy that is 20 games from free agency...
spikeslovechild
RealGM

Post#39 » by spikeslovechild » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:58 am

Sixerscan wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:

No he wasn't.

A guy that has two full seasons of control is a lot different than a guy that is 20 games from free agency...

Right now.

My point is the time is running out for Russell. They sort of have to make a decision as an organization whether they want to commit big money to him otherwise they should move him now when he has the most value.

Which quite honestly is what the Lakers did.
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#40 » by jbent87 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Best case odds just went up in lieu of the Gordon Hayward injury. They gave up a lot of pieces to get Kyrie with the thought of planning him with Hayward and have this duo take on the East. Now it's Kyrie and a bunch of kids. Good for Kyries numbers, not great for their season long outlook.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers