ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj pod with Ian Begley. Bashing the Knicks for 40mins.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Re: Woj pod with Ian Begley. Bashing the Knicks for 40mins. 

Post#21 » by Thugger HBC » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:17 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:just confirms what we already knew: jackson was one of the worst executives ever

AND YET

Teams wanted 1st's from NY in trades. Phil said FOH.

he's the only president that actually did this, which is all I really cared about

Phil certainly sucked as prez, but he did value keeping 1st rounders on the shelf. I truly do feel Phil wanted to be the coach and win and rebuild the team. Kinda hard to do both at the same time in the NBA.

Kerr would have mirrored his triangle principles, Fisher did to a degree as well. Why he hired Jeff I have no idea, and why Jeff is still here will never make sense to me.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#22 » by Sark » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:20 pm

Listening to the podcast. It's basically 2 guys with second hand knowledge talking as if they have first hand knowledge.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#23 » by dakomish23 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:29 pm

I wonder if one of the vetoed moves was trading KP before this past draft.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,551

Post#24 » by Capn'O » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:54 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:I truly do feel Phil wanted to be the coach and win and rebuild the team. Kinda hard to do both at the same time in the NBA.

That's a very concise and very accurate summation of his tenure here.

and why Jeff is still here will never make sense to me.

Imo the front office either

- wants Blatt but has to wait
- has no idea what they want in a coach yet
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Sark
RealGM

Post#25 » by Sark » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:58 pm

dakomish23 wrote:I wonder if one of the vetoed moves was trading KP before this past draft.

I doubt it. Pretty much everyone said the demand was too high. And if someone did offer 4 first round picks, then Dolan is dumb to veto that.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,349

Post#26 » by dakomish23 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:02 am

Sark wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:I wonder if one of the vetoed moves was trading KP before this past draft.

I doubt it. Pretty much everyone said the demand was too high. And if someone did offer 4 first round picks, then Dolan is dumb to veto that.

I don't trust PJax trade assesment skills, so I would not doubt him being amenable to a less than amazing trade.

Dolan cares about having a draw to sell tickets IMO. He won't move KP unless he's going to have another big name to market.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#27 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:02 am

The bar has been set so low with NY executives that they've all excelled in one area while they lacked in others. Phil Jackson didn't trade any first round picks, which was a godsend. However his trades and contracts given out were terrible. At the end of the day he was another guy in a line of bad executives for the Knicks. His insistence on running the triangle just happened to tip the scale vs the likes of Layden and Zeke.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,335

Post#28 » by Phish Tank » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:05 am

Interesting to see Woj & Begley together on this podcast since both have their own beefs with the Knick org. Woj has hated the Knicks since the Amare signing and Begley has had his issues since Phil. Both are really looking for something newsworthy, but can't find it so they make up random stuff (think of those Begley articles all summer) to attempt to garner clickbait.

With that said, their podcast wasn't eye-opening by any means. We kinda knew most of this stuff already.

And no, KP is not leaving hundreds of millions of dollars on the table on his first extension. Janis did some suspect stuff this offseason, but he ain't stupid.
Sark
RealGM

Post#29 » by Sark » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:10 am

dakomish23 wrote:
Sark wrote:

I don't trust PJax trade assesment skills, so I would not doubt him being amenable to a less than amazing trade.

Dolan cares about having a draw to sell tickets IMO. He won't move KP unless he's going to have another big name to market.

Whether you trust Phil or not, is irrelevant because every report said he was asking for a King's ransom that no one was willing to pay.

If you put your anti Phil bias aside for a moment, you'd probably come to the realization that the Melo trade to Houston was most likely the one vetoed, since the parameters of the deal were in place, and even Melo thought it was done.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#30 » by Greenie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:14 am

Can’t KP simply demand a trade and keep his money? His bird rights stay intact if he’s traded.
Sark
RealGM

Post#31 » by Sark » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:21 am

Greenie wrote:Can’t KP simply demand a trade and keep his money? His bird rights stay intact if he’s traded.

Sure, but the Knicks have no reason to comply, unless someone gives a huge haul.
suka2000
Sophomore
And1: 21

Re: RE: Re: Woj pod with Ian Begley. Bashing the Knicks for 40mins. 

Post#32 » by suka2000 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:23 am

Sark wrote:
suka2000 wrote:
Sark wrote:Would love to see KP turn down $150m and walk. If these guys really think that's a possibility, then they are dumber than they look.

We were discussing it KP thread. If Knicks don't turn it around I think KP will be the first player to do it...

How much do you wanna bet on it? Not only does he lose millions on this contract, he resets his Bird Rights, and loses money on the next contract. Then there's the nightmare scenario, where he takes the QO, and proceeds to tear his knee.

No young player that has never seen that kind of money is turning it down the first time. Maybe after the extension he would walk, but not before.

Not betting!

Sent from my F5321 using RealGM mobile app
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#33 » by Greenie » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:24 am

The Knicks don’t play hardball.
We bend over.
Ntili-killa
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#34 » by Ntili-killa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:25 am

Woj been ant-knicks for a minute. Tired of the negativity from the media.

We suck, we know we suck, FOH
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,050

Post#35 » by vallen » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:26 am

Greenie wrote:Can’t KP simply demand a trade and keep his money? His bird rights stay intact if he’s traded.

how many role players demand trades ? and how many teams want a role player who demands trades ? so far his level of diva to production doesn't weigh out evenly enough for teams to make a worth while offer.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,374

Post#36 » by god shammgod » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:46 am

Greenie wrote:The Knicks don’t play hardball.
We bend over.

if a player wants out bad enough, usually the team trades him. that goes for any team.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,374

Post#37 » by god shammgod » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:50 am

vallen wrote:

how many role players demand trades ? and how many teams want a role player who demands trades ? so far his level of diva to production doesn't weigh out evenly enough for teams to make a worth while offer.

i hear what you're saying somewhat, he's not at star status quite yet. but his profile is still big enough to demand a trade.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,196

Post#38 » by Wolfgang630 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:08 am

Imagine wondering why Knicks keep getting **** on when their fans are talking about trading KP still since he's a "role player"
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#39 » by ChaosHamster » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:21 am

KP still loves his fame and big city. Thats why he really wanted LA or NY to draft him.

Knicks have to screw up really bad for him to ask for a trade.
TankCommander17
Bench Warmer
And1: 665

Post#40 » by TankCommander17 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:25 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:just confirms what we already knew: jackson was one of the worst executives ever

AND YET

Teams wanted 1st's from NY in trades. Phil said FOH.

he's the only president that actually did this, which is all I really cared about

Phil certainly sucked as prez, but he did value keeping 1st rounders on the shelf. I truly do feel Phil wanted to be the coach and win and rebuild the team. Kinda hard to do both at the same time in the NBA.

Kerr would have mirrored his triangle principles, Fisher did to a degree as well. Why he hired Jeff I have no idea, and why Jeff is still here will never make sense to me.

He said why he hired Jeff. Because he has seen where "coach and gm/president don't get along" and it is never good. AKA Jeff is a pushover coach and will do what I say.

He is still here because they already owe money to Fisher. They couldn't just fire Jeff again. And I am sure Perry knows Jeff sucks and will ensure the tank. But my guess is he is fired this coming offseason after that mission is accomplished.

Return to New York Knicks