ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Starting 5

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,488

Re: Knicks Starting 5 

Post#61 » by j4remi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:09 pm

Frank/Baker
Lee/Dotson
THJ/McDermott
KP/Beasley
Willy/Kanter

Would be my rotation. I'd be shopping Lee and KOQ also. Edit: I literally forgot we have Beasley on the roster... :nonono:
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Re: RE: Re: RE: Knicks Starting 5 

Post#62 » by seren » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:29 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
seren wrote:
2010 wrote:PG: Ramon Sessions
SG: Tim Hardaway Jr.
SF: Courtney Lee
PF: Kristaps Porzingis
C: Enes Kanter

http://nypost.com/2017/10/12/knicks-opening-night-starting-5-becoming-clear-without-ntilikina/

There goes your fake rebuilding. I vomited a little.

Sent from my XT1575 using RealGM mobile app

Have faith, that line-up is still tank-ready. Where's the defense with just about any combination of players you put out there on the Knicks roster. Add a few injuries that always occur and the tank is in good hands.

I agree they will produce a lot of losses because they are horrible. Just we can't call this rebuilding which implies we are building something.

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,025

Re: RE: Re: RE: Knicks Starting 5 

Post#63 » by GONYK » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:52 pm

seren wrote:
VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
seren wrote:There goes your fake rebuilding. I vomited a little.

Have faith, that line-up is still tank-ready. Where's the defense with just about any combination of players you put out there on the Knicks roster. Add a few injuries that always occur and the tank is in good hands.

I agree they will produce a lot of losses because they are horrible. Just we can't call this rebuilding which implies we are building something.

We are. We have youth at nearly every position that will outlast the vets currently in front of them.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Knicks Starting 5 

Post#64 » by seren » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:55 pm

GONYK wrote:
seren wrote:
VirginiaKnickFan wrote:

We are. We have youth at nearly every position that will outlast the vets currently in front of them.

Please save that. Hernangomez after having that rookie season being benched for your new shiny toy who is actually unplayable should tell how interested we are in building. We are as usual throwing sh*t on the wall and see what sticks. We have no program. You need a program, individual goals, expectations, a vision for your youth to call this rebuilding. Hornacek and the rest of FO has none of that.

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,214

Post#65 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:23 pm

The scary thing is that the Knicks may be rolling these lineups out thinking they can get be competitive. I am sure Lance is gonna get a ton of run too.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,421

Post#66 » by JXL » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:33 pm

Jeff is rolling out the tank lineup for the first 10 games. Kanter is a black hole, and outside of rebouding, he doesn't pass nor defend the rim. PnR guards are gonna light him up.

After seeing that horrid lineup give up an average of 114 points per game, he'll settle for Frank at PG and Willy at C, and hopefully McDermott at SF for the season.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#67 » by BeagleBoss » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:42 pm

I rather have them.

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#68 » by F N 11 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:46 pm

Just show me that ball movement from the first 6 minutes of the season and ill be happy.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,111

Post#69 » by moocow007 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:57 pm

Based on preseason play Beasley and Dotson should probably both be in the starting 5.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#70 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:20 pm

I mean, it's kind of like describing a therapeutic bowel movement...now that Melo's gone, notice how much quieter the forum has actually become?

PG Sessions: This is by default. Frank Nicotine's knees aren't right and stand to miss rest of preseason.
SG Hardaway: Makes way too much money to ride the bench.

BTW neither component of this sh#tty overpaid backcourt hustle, pass, or know how to play defense. You'll see a lot of looking at Kanter, KP, etc with the expression, "Why didn't you get that?"

PF Porzingis: Problem being, he's still a kid. Won't get any help defensively.
SF Beasley: Hydro king.
C Kanter: Greyscale moves faster
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,621

Post#71 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:17 pm

PeoplesChamp wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
PeoplesChamp wrote:Is that a counter-point?

He still needs to learn it. This team isn't going to be very good this year so we need to find the bright side where we can.

At the very least, we can play our young guards who - allegedly - have the legs to play defense. As long as we're letting players learn on the job, why not them too?

PG is known for being the position with the steepest learning curve in the league. Sometimes, it's better to bring a rookie PG along slowly. Especially one so young. Like with the QB position in football.

The strongest oak was once an acorn.

Frank is a rookie, KP is going into his 3rd season. They're at different stages of development.

You're telling me?

Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#72 » by Triple C » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:36 pm

Read on Twitter
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#73 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:48 pm

moocow007 wrote:Based on preseason play Beasley and Dotson should probably both be in the starting 5.

Yep. My 5 to start the season would be:

Sessions
Dotson
Hardaway
Beasley
KP

Given that Frank starting is an absolute no-no so far for the organization.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 945

Post#74 » by tleikheen » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:58 pm

Their won't be enough offense with Hernangomez/Porzingas lineup.That's why it was easy for Kanter to beatout the Spaniard.
This team lacks defense no matter who you play ,theirs no reason to kill the offense as well and want to be the worst team in the NBA this season. Kanter is going to put up 20 ppg and 10 rpg every night with the minutes which will protect Porzingas and allow him to get a lot of blocks from the weakside covering for Kanter .Kanter will free up space all over the floor for Porzingas .Hernangomez iz not enough of a threat to pull defenders away from ganging up on Porzingas.

Play Beasley as well at SF and Knicks won't have problems scoring in a scoring League.
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#75 » by Dantares » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:05 pm

tleikheen wrote:Their won't be enough offense with Hernangomez/Porzingas lineup.That's why it was easy for Kanter to beatout the Spaniard.
This team lacks defense no matter who you play ,theirs no reason to kill the offense as well and want to be the worst team in the NBA this season. Kanter is going to put up 20 ppg and 10 rpg every night with the minutes which will protect Porzingas and allow him to get a lot of blocks from the weakside covering for Kanter .Kanter will free up space all over the floor for Porzingas .Hernangomez iz not enough of a threat to pull defenders away from ganging up on Porzingas.

Play Beasley as well at SF and Knicks won't have problems scoring in a scoring League.

Which is kind of sad because kp has had 3 summers of working with nba trainers and he still isn't strong enough to get his own shot in the post. There is no excuse why kp shouldn't be able to post up smallball stretch 4's like Marvin williams, Tobias harris, saric, milsaap etc. Dude is 7'3 and he still doesn't look strong in his third year. He usually loses weight as the season goes on so he will have more trouble holding his position in the post.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

frothbrain
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,704

Post#76 » by frothbrain » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:17 pm

Frank played 1 preseason game off the bench and got injured. he's not starting any time soon.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 945

Post#77 » by tleikheen » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:18 pm

I agree with KP playing PF for now and maybe a couple more years.He will score at will so many nights with Kanter occupying and demanding attn under the basket that smallball PF's will be too small to handle KP. Also KP might be up there with Gobert and Whitesde in blocked shots with the opportunities he'll undoubtedly get protecting Kanter from the weakside.

They won't be boring to watch at least.
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#78 » by EchelonNYK » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:22 pm

frothbrain wrote:Frank played 1 preseason game off the bench and got injured. he's not starting any time soon.

Have you seen Jack and Sessions play? :lol:
frothbrain
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,704

Post#79 » by frothbrain » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:23 pm

EchelonNYK wrote:
frothbrain wrote:Frank played 1 preseason game off the bench and got injured. he's not starting any time soon.

Have you seen Jack and Sessions play? :lol:

Yea and they've started every preseason game so far.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,374

Post#80 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:24 pm

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

fire hornacek
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it

Return to New York Knicks