ImageImageImageImageImage

is it time to put respect on Kanters name?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,256

Re: is it time to put respect on Kanters name? 

Post#61 » by Oscirus » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:42 am

Kanter was in there the entire time when we made our run tonight and he didn't get exposed. He's fine. The only reason I wouldn't sign him next season is that we got Noah's dumb assed contract on the books
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 931

Post#62 » by perempe20 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 10:07 am

7 offensive rebounds, +20 against Indiana.
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,104

Post#63 » by Tron Carter » Mon Nov 6, 2017 10:30 am

Oscirus wrote:Kanter was in there the entire time when we made our run tonight and he didn't get exposed. He's fine. The only reason I wouldn't sign him next season is that we got Noah's dumb assed contract on the books

except he has a 19 million dollar player option he's sure to opt in to..
R.I.P Black Mamba
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,733

Post#64 » by JBreezeNY » Mon Nov 6, 2017 10:47 am

Tron Carter wrote:
Oscirus wrote:Kanter was in there the entire time when we made our run tonight and he didn't get exposed. He's fine. The only reason I wouldn't sign him next season is that we got Noah's dumb assed contract on the books

except he has a 19 million dollar player option he's sure to opt in to..

We need to trade him, he’s trying to fu*k up our future cap space. Him & Noah.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#65 » by BeagleBoss » Mon Nov 6, 2017 4:19 pm

Kanter has major flaws defensively but he can help as we can see. He has good chemistry with KP.
GnarlesOakley
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#66 » by GnarlesOakley » Mon Nov 6, 2017 8:16 pm

He will never be a good defender or close to one but as long as the effort is there I don't think he's as bad as his reputation.
DrKnick
Starter
And1: 580

Post#67 » by DrKnick » Mon Nov 6, 2017 8:56 pm

He's making KP look good and taking loads off of KP's shoulders.
Slicin N Dicin
Veteran
And1: 2,276

Post#68 » by Slicin N Dicin » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:05 pm

It's been time.

A low post scorer who can control the boards is a perfect fit for KP. The 1-2 combo at the 5 of Kanter and KOQ works quite well for the squad. And the threat of Billy to take over minutes for either one of those two leads to healthy competition. If this is a showcase for Kanter before he's traded and Willy takes over, so be it - he's putting on one hell of a showcase, but I like the fit with how things are working out at the center position.

As long as he keeps working to make his defense avg, and Hornacek pulls him when he struggles or has lapses on that end, I think we'll be alright as a franchise.
BaF 1.0 - Bucks: Inaugural BaF Champs 2018

It's Been Real BaF!

Check out the No Blood No Foul Podcast below with your boys from Real GM:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 944

Post#69 » by tleikheen » Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:58 pm

The 1-2 combo at the 5 of Kanter and KOQ works quite well for the squad. And the threat of Billy to take over minutes for either one of those two leads to healthy competition.

I think the 1,2 combo of Kanter and O'Quinn changes to Noah replacing O'Quinn 's minutes...EVEN though O'Quinn has played very good BB.
Noah brings the veteran savvy and knows his days as a star Center are past therefore accepting his backup role to Kanter.

As far as Hernangomez ,I think he's cheerleader at the end of the bench this year .
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,125

Post#70 » by Juco24 » Mon Nov 6, 2017 10:16 pm

I like Willie and to be honest I had him penciled in as I starting center however it is hard to deny the chemistry between Kanter and Porzingas. Kanter is also a hard worker and we're fortunate to have him in my opinion
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#71 » by Dr. Detfink » Mon Nov 6, 2017 10:20 pm

You're kidding me, right? Kanter looks good because NO ONE has an answer for KP who was no longer overpowered by guys half his size and knows how to utilize speed. All Kanter has to do is pick up the garbage and put it in the basket chute. Sweep the rebounds. Troll for put backs.
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#72 » by MP4LIFE » Mon Nov 6, 2017 10:33 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:You're kidding me, right? Kanter looks good because NO ONE has an answer for KP who was no longer overpowered by guys half his size and knows how to utilize speed. All Kanter has to do is pick up the garbage and put it in the basket chute. Sweep the rebounds. Troll for put backs.

Kanter is opening up the perimeter for Porzingis and giving Porzy more opportunities with his offensive rebounds. Not to mention the chemistry he has developed with him. Don’t underestimate that good chemistry can accomplish.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#73 » by Greenie » Mon Nov 6, 2017 10:40 pm

Nope
nyk123
Junior
And1: 12

Post#74 » by nyk123 » Tue Nov 7, 2017 5:16 am

He absolutely does. He is an energy guy that can to realy compliments KP's game. I think he has been a great addition and I hope we keep him long term. Noah contract should have nothing to do with his.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,292

Post#75 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Nov 7, 2017 5:36 am

Kanter is bullying the opposing bigs down low. He wears out the defense in the middle. He sets hard picks. He's looking to pass and defend more....though it is still a bit ugly to watch...he's definitely a big part of what we're doing. Kyle too. Noah can fuq off. Billy...D League him.
:beer: RIP mags
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,060

Post#76 » by Jeffrey » Tue Nov 7, 2017 6:54 am

Why people crap on Kanter, I don't get. Who are you guys looking to replace him?! Always looking to replace someone.

If you haven't notice, KP did well with Robin Lopez who was a bruiser in the box. Noah was non-existent last year and you could see that KP needed help. Now we have Kanter and is there a coincidence that KP is doing well?
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,256

Post#77 » by Oscirus » Tue Nov 7, 2017 7:15 am

Im cool with Kante, he makes KP's life alot easier and gives the knicks second chances. He's also not a black hole anymore
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,072

Post#78 » by blueNorange » Tue Nov 7, 2017 8:03 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:You're kidding me, right? Kanter looks good because NO ONE has an answer for KP who was no longer overpowered by guys half his size and knows how to utilize speed. All Kanter has to do is pick up the garbage and put it in the basket chute. Sweep the rebounds. Troll for put backs.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,072

Post#79 » by blueNorange » Tue Nov 7, 2017 8:12 am

last year knicks there was a +0.5 differential between knicks rebounding and their opponents.

so far this year there's a +5.7 differential, which is 3rd in the nba.

thank you kanter.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
YouthMovement
General Manager
And1: 4,758

Post#80 » by YouthMovement » Tue Nov 7, 2017 8:49 am

Jeffrey wrote:Why people crap on Kanter, I don't get. Who are you guys looking to replace him?! Always looking to replace someone.

If you haven't notice, KP did well with Robin Lopez who was a bruiser in the box. Noah was non-existent last year and you could see that KP needed help. Now we have Kanter and is there a coincidence that KP is doing well?

lmao we're 5-4, i guess we should just stop looking to improve?

wait until we lose a couple games, everybody will get back to kanter being a black hole and getting abused on d

Return to New York Knicks